Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 06:03:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Robin leaving? Just touring?
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 237 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin leaving? Just touring?  (Read 727666 times)
busngabb
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1040 on: April 10, 2008, 08:00:53 AM »

53 pages ?

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

Is anyone bored yet ?

Not really. Robin was the main reason I am still interested in this sorry tale. I was incredibly impressed when I saw him live twice with GNR.

The prospect of watching this band, sans Robin, live does not appeal to me much at all. Without Finck the band just seems lifeless and dull.

I've got a radical idea for Axl. Instead of spending another year finding a new guitarist or trying to get Finck back by buying him skirts from Algeria like he did with dolls from Bulgaria with Buckethead, why not just release the album? Releasing an album is not a hard thing to do. It could be done in 2 months, hell it could be out electronically next week if the rumours about it being finished are not lies.

Why not?
busngabb
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1041 on: April 10, 2008, 08:05:05 AM »

Really though.

If we could just get a definite answer from any number of sources this wouldn't be an issue.

B-ingo. If the situation isn't clear, it doesn't matter either. Just say "As far as we know Robin is still in GNR but we've not heard from him" or "Robin has notified us he's quit and we are trying to get him back" or "Robin is just touring and will be back in 2015 when we tour again". Whichever one is the truth, just use it.

But as ever all we get is an inflated sense of importance and a shroud of silence and secrecy.

It doesn't even have to be a press release. Just an email to Jarmo and the mods of a few other forums saying "Post this in a sticky, Robin update. He's in/out till we return/out [delete as appropriate]".
greendog
« Reply #1042 on: April 10, 2008, 08:05:22 AM »

Really though.

If we could just get a definite answer from any number of sources this wouldn't be an issue.

True, but to be honest I doubt he's 'left' Guns.

Rons working on his album, no worries there.
Richard did some touring with X Japan, no worries there.
Frank did some touring, no worries there.
Tommy did his album and toured, no worries there.
Dizzy toured, no worries there.

All of the above include other bands. Granted, non are as big as NIN, but that shouldn't matter. Especially since Trent doesn't have a band for the studio, only for touring.

Maybe nothings been said because theres nothing to be said. People are just getting overly paranoid. In my opinion.
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #1043 on: April 10, 2008, 08:09:53 AM »

Really though.

All of the above include other bands. Granted, non are as big as NIN, but that shouldn't matter. Especially since Trent doesn't have a band for the studio, only for touring.

Maybe nothings been said because theres nothing to be said. People are just getting overly paranoid. In my opinion.

Research!
People. I really dont think Robin is gone from Guns N Roses. He is just doing som recordings.
This is important! Do you remember what Trent said in September last year??? He kicked all of his bandmembers
out of the live line-up, including Josh Freese. He wanted to do tone down the liveshows. This could mean, that
Robin is just recording material that Trent is going to use on his next tour. He may be not using Robin live "in person"

take a look at this quote from Trent, 6 months ago..

Nine Inch Nails is all about Trent Reznor. But he has always had a backing band since the beginning to tour with him. His current line up, which includes bassist Jeordie White, guitarist Aaron North, keyboardist Alessandro Cortini, and drummer Josh Freese will be disbanded on their last stop in Honolulu, Hawaii.

Reznor went on to explain his actions: "At this point, I want to switch things around a bit. Nine Inch Nails as a rock band configuration, we've done it and we've done it again. I see other ways I can present the material in concert, more challenging, something new. I don't want it to go stale."

and he went on..

"The idea of five guys playing loud music two hours, while it's the culmination of fine tuning over a lot of years, has got to change once finances come into play, especially performing in markets outside of the mainland U.S. I want to whittle things down."

Source: http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/nins_lineup_breaks_up.html

If this still is Trent`s plan, witch is see now reason why i shouldent be.. i think we all can calm down!

Nytunz

from what this article says.. he may do it the other way this time.. Band for recording, and no band on tour..

but yeah.. i agree with people saying no worrys!"

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #1044 on: April 10, 2008, 08:59:23 AM »

Really though.

B-ingo. If the situation isn't clear, it doesn't matter either. Just say "As far as we know Robin is still in GNR but we've not heard from him" or "Robin has notified us he's quit and we are trying to get him back" or "Robin is just touring and will be back in 2015 when we tour again". Whichever one is the truth, just use it.

But if you think about it, the silence is telling us that the issue hasn't been resolved, so why do we need a statement to say this.  When a decision has been reached, I'm sure that we'll be told.

But as ever all we get is an inflated sense of importance and a shroud of silence and secrecy.

Like I said before, not everyone wants things played out in the public arena, and perhaps this is one of those situations that are best dealt with on a personal level.

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
busngabb
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1045 on: April 10, 2008, 09:05:33 AM »

Really though.

Not really, because if it is just him simply touring as a side project, it still means there will be no movement by GNR for another 6 months or so. That is what is really disappointing.

Whether he has left or not, this news is awful because it means we get no album and no tour. Still think it's nothing to worry about?
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #1046 on: April 10, 2008, 09:11:22 AM »

Really though.

But if you think about it, the silence is telling us that the issue hasn't been resolved, so why do we need a statement to say this.  When a decision has been reached, I'm sure that we'll be told.

Like I said before, not everyone wants things played out in the public arena, and perhaps this is one of those situations that are best dealt with on a personal level.

The No News is Good News doesnt apply in this situation,

It would actually look better for the fans perspective if they just give us an update to put speculation and rumours at rest ,
 especially if Robin hasnt left gnr, that way all this crap could be sorted out before things get any more out of hand...

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
trentreznor
Banned
Opening Act

« Reply #1047 on: April 10, 2008, 09:24:36 AM »

Robin will PROBABLY be VERY BUSY for a VERY long time when information surfaces as to his upcoming schedule. Robin does not join bands on a whim

Reality is what you make of your own conspiracy
busngabb
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1048 on: April 10, 2008, 09:24:41 AM »

Really though.

We were last notified on the status of the band or the album in December 06 I think when we got the tentative release date of March 2007. It's now April 2008 and we no nothing we didn't know then.

I could understand what you are saying if this was a rationally managed band, but it's not. A month of silence while the issue is sorted out would be  understandable if we then found out the outcome.

Knowing the recent history of the band we could easily be looking at another year of silence.

Compared to our 'off the field lives' and family and stuff this is a non-issue and before anyone suggests it I am more than living my life. It's just silly that they are carrying this on in this manner. Why string people along in the belief the band will ever become active again?
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #1049 on: April 10, 2008, 09:46:12 AM »

It would actually look better for the fans perspective if they just give us an update to put speculation and rumours at rest ,
 especially if Robin hasnt left gnr, that way all this crap could be sorted out before things get any more out of hand...

You must be having a laugh if you think that an update is going to put paid to the speculation and rumours.  Even when we get a definitive answer, either in or out, that in itself will stimulate further discussion, so just imagine what a 'we're working on things and will get back to you' kind of update would do.

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #1050 on: April 10, 2008, 09:52:56 AM »

You can get immediate confirmation that a reality show or tour isn't in the works, but there's no one who can seem to answer if a band member is still part of the band. That strikes me as a pretty big detachment. That's not a leap, that's looking at the subject objectively. I would love to be wrong on this though, but I really thought there would be an official answer about this a couple days ago. But if its being reported in more than one media outlet that Robin has left, I think the GNR camp would want to address this. Wouldn't you?

Not necessarily, no, not if the situation hasn't been resolved.  For all we know, and as I posted a little earlier, Axl may not be in a hurry to officially end the working relationship between Robin and GNR, and maybe they both prefer to keep their discussions private and not play it out in a very public internet spat.  (Unlike another recent band...  Wink )

I really believe that Axl was sincere when he talked about the album being a collaborative process and the importance of building good relationships within GNR, and that he genuinely wants those people who put their heart and soul into the music to have their contributions acknowledged and their talents respected.  So, although this may be a difficult situation, it's possible that he doesn't yet consider it irretrievable and is doing what he can to get the best possible outcome for GNR, including Robin, and also for us, the fans.

So, although like everyone, I am anxious for information, I've reached the point where I can accept the silence and trust that things are being worked out behind the scenes in order to maintain the dignity, and dare I say integrity, of all concerned.

I could accept the silence, too, like six years ago. hihi

I really believe that Axl wants to release it as soon as possible. I think he wanted to release last year. But that's just my opinion.

It could be that Robin did leave and Axl is negotiating getting him back. Or this is nothing. And that's the thing that sucks, we just don't know.

The worst is that everything was moving so good and actually looking positive. That's what sucks the most. I guess those of us who've been here for a while, and are used to this one step forward two steps back track record, have been waiting for the other shoe to drop. Undecided

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #1051 on: April 10, 2008, 10:00:40 AM »

Del emailed a GnR Bar community member and said:

Only Robin knows what the hell he's doing.

Take care,
Del

That also could be interpreted as "Why are you asking me what Robin is doing?  He's the one who should be asked that question."  I see it as more of a dismissive answer rather than a revealing answer in any way.

Ali

You are perfectly free to interpret that way, however the reply seems to fit into the notion that the GnR camp did not know or willing to admit knowledge of any plan for Robin to return to NIN. 

Do you really think Del James would give any indication of the status of the situation in an e-mail to a member of the GN'R Bar? 

I really don't.  I think that's more of a dismissive, "don't bother me with that question" type of response.

Ali

But that's the point, he doesn't give any status report because he doesn't know.

But, does he not give any insight because he does not know or because he won't say?  I say given the amount of time he's been close to GN'R and Axl (apparently), I'd say the latter.

Ali
trentreznor
Banned
Opening Act

« Reply #1052 on: April 10, 2008, 10:02:20 AM »

It could be that Robin did leave and Axl is negotiating getting him back.

Undecided

Don't hold your breath on that

Reality is what you make of your own conspiracy
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #1053 on: April 10, 2008, 10:15:10 AM »

who is this trentreznor troll ?

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
busngabb
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1054 on: April 10, 2008, 10:18:35 AM »

The secret is in the name. I've read the Da Vinci Code and I can solve puzzles like this.

Could 'trentreznor' actually be Trent Reznor of NIN? peace

He is IT literate and would love to torture GNR fans.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1055 on: April 10, 2008, 10:21:15 AM »

Maybe there's no announcement because none is really needed right now?

If you think about it, it makes sense.

The people who need to know and be assured, even when the band is on a break are the fans. But at the end of the day, it doesn't really matter.

GN'R isn't touring or recording at the moment. The rest of the band are doing their own things so obviously GN'R isn't "in need", so to speak, of any guitarists at the moment.

Ron and Richard are both busy elsewhere.

Once there's a change to this, I'm sure we'll know what GN'R's plans are.

Unless Robin says something before that.

As an example, Ron wasn't announced as Buckethead's replacement until the tour started.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #1056 on: April 10, 2008, 10:22:22 AM »

Really though.

Exactly.

Anyone remember the last time a guitarist left this band?

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1057 on: April 10, 2008, 10:24:08 AM »

Really though.

Exactly.

Anyone remember the last time a guitarist left this band?

Yeah, and there were comments on the rumors from management that then were turned into "they lied".

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1058 on: April 10, 2008, 10:25:17 AM »

Just because he has a differing opinion doesn't make him a troll.

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #1059 on: April 10, 2008, 10:26:12 AM »

i don't call his affirmations "opinions".

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 237 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: