Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 02:02:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227806 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash: Velvet Revolver Building Web Site To Audition Singers
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash: Velvet Revolver Building Web Site To Audition Singers  (Read 8030 times)
Fernando
The REAL Fernando
Rocker

Adz sucks irl.

« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2008, 04:49:24 PM »

Wow because this approach worked so well the first time.

No reality show? Cry

Watch for Slash on the next Celebrity Big Brother..

I like what you said, but why are you talking?

Just wow that they are now going to start looking for singers - didn't AMS (All-Mighty-Slash) say that they were planning on "extraditing" Scott for a while?  I suppose some people just don't plan ahead.

Narcissism has a lot to do with selfishness and deep need for adoration, not giving a fuck for others and promoting themselves at the expense of others often publicly.
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2008, 05:06:05 PM »

Wow because this approach worked so well the first time.

No reality show? Cry

Watch for Slash on the next Celebrity Big Brother..

I like what you said, but why are you talking?

Just wow that they are now going to start looking for singers - didn't AMS (All-Mighty-Slash) say that they were planning on "extraditing" Scott for a while?  I suppose some people just don't plan ahead.

Not only that but he said they were already working with other people last year. What happened to them? They decided they didn't like the way slash et all does business or something?
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2008, 05:17:05 PM »

there no point in auditioning for us since there gonna end up getting someone who is already a famous singer in the end
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2008, 05:22:57 PM »

He said they were supporting Scott if he needed their help in February, but then he said they had already planned on replacing him for the tour that started on March 12th.

Also, apparently they had a guy ready but not enough time to bring him along.

I wonder if that guy will have to upload audition videos to the new VR site.....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2008, 05:46:50 PM »

Wow a mind reader, how cool!

I don't need to be a mind reader to know what Izzy has said in interviews about touring.  Roll Eyes

Like I was talking about the touring thing...
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2008, 11:31:53 AM »

Here we go again....auditioning singers.  I, for one, am disappointed in this new turn of events, because I was under the impression they already had someone in mind.   The TV documentary, the first time around, was interesting, but I can't believe they are really going to go this route, again!  WTF?  Roll Eyes

Looks like Rolling Stone was too... Cheesy

Velvet Revolver to Launch Web Site to Recruit New Singer

4/21/08, 10:30 am EST

Slash of the currently singer-less Velvet Revolver told Billboard that the band plans on setting up a Web site where potential vocalists will post video of themselves in hopes of swaying VR. ?The band is actually talking about building a Web site [and] doing some auditions via that, so that?s been something that?s developing at this point,? Slash said of the site, which should be up ?in the next month or so.? It?s like when Journey recruited a singer on YouTube, or Rock Star: Supernova without the television. Contrary to what Slash told RS last month, the guitarist said the band has no one specific in mind to fill the vacancy left by Scott Weiland?s departure. Velvet Revolver does have an upcoming gig in Las Vegas ? a concert booked before Weiland?s exile ? and will feature special guests taking turns at the microphone. No word whether Sebastian Bach has been invited.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
eirikhill
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2008, 12:00:26 PM »

anyone know where and when this gig in vegas is?
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2008, 02:33:43 PM »

"The band is actually talking about actually building a Web site [and] doing some auditions via that, so that's been something that's developing at this point," Slash explains, noting that it should be happening "in the next month or so."

"the site should be up and running by early June"

according to Billboard In Sixty

http://link.brightcove.com/services/link/bcpid1184417216/bctid1519713596
« Last Edit: April 25, 2008, 02:41:29 PM by FunkyMonkey » Logged

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: