Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 08:21:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227819 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Scott Weiland speaks about the end of VR
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Scott Weiland speaks about the end of VR  (Read 42665 times)
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #100 on: April 22, 2008, 05:07:52 PM »

I can see why Slash and the guys got rid of Scott...

Uh, no matter how they (VR camp) spin it - he got rid of them...
Slash, Duff and Matt had planned on getting rid of him for a long time.

As soon as Scott said STP was on, he was done with VR.

They can spin it however they want, it was over.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #101 on: April 22, 2008, 05:18:58 PM »

Slash knows how to tell a good lie story.

Classic argumentum ad hominem.

While he may have a propensity for fudging the truth, it has nothing to with Weiland's firing. The facts tend to support his story, ie, auditioning new singers, strife in the band, and the fact that some of his statements have been corroborated by other members of the band.

But why does he mention those things AFTER Weiland leaves?

Just a pattern of lies that we all should have gotten used to by now.

Weiland wasn't fired.  He left those guys and they were caught with their pants down.
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #102 on: April 22, 2008, 05:23:04 PM »

Exactly, I suspect he knew months before anything was publicly stated about a STP reunion that it was happening and that he was not sticking around with VR after the tour was done.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #103 on: April 22, 2008, 05:36:49 PM »

Arent they kind of ripping the fans staying together just to make money and play shows?

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #104 on: April 22, 2008, 05:55:15 PM »

Arent they kind of ripping the fans staying together just to make money and play shows?

Oh hell no.

If those guys wanna play shows and fans wanna see them play, who's to judge motive?

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #105 on: April 22, 2008, 06:13:00 PM »

He left those guys and they were caught with their pants down.

I guess that is why they were auditioning singers before the last leg of their tour. I tend to think that Weiland saw "the writing on the wall".

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #106 on: April 22, 2008, 06:29:39 PM »

Velvet Revolver?

No way!  Shocked

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #107 on: April 22, 2008, 06:33:33 PM »

Velvet Revolver?

No way!  Shocked

/jarmo

It will be a great show.  Hope they have fun.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #108 on: April 22, 2008, 06:37:05 PM »

I guess that is why they were auditioning singers before the last leg of their tour. I tend to think that Weiland saw "the writing on the wall".

I think it's more like VR saw ""the writing on the wall" when he committed to STP.  

Scott was always gonna be married to STP, VR was a girlfriend while legally separated.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #109 on: April 22, 2008, 06:39:23 PM »

I think it's more like VR saw ""the writing on the wall" when he committed to STP. 

Scott was always gonna be married to STP, VR was a girlfriend while legally separated.

Yep, that is probably a better analogy. Though, I doubt either side was caught off guard.

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #110 on: April 22, 2008, 06:44:19 PM »

I just mean, if u arent getting a long and are only waiting to breakup to fulfill "dates" why not just refund people's money and call it a career?

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #111 on: April 22, 2008, 06:52:22 PM »

^How about because they are artists.

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #112 on: April 22, 2008, 06:55:12 PM »

I just mean, if u arent getting a long and are only waiting to breakup to fulfill "dates" why not just refund people's money and call it a career?

It's a double edged sword - play and be called greedy or not and disappoint fans who wanted to see the band regardless of their eminent demise.

Personally..

I would have loved to been at a "last show" scenario, a band harnessing that energy with finality at hand would've been quite a sight.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #113 on: April 22, 2008, 08:21:55 PM »

The writing was on the wall when Libertad flopped and then their tour with AIC bombed.  After hearing SBQM and then Libertad, I called it that it would flop and the band would disintegrate.  This type of project was way too money driven from the get go to make any sense if it wasn't making money

I would bet that if Libertad had gone platinum and their last US tour hadn't had such poor ticket sales, VR would do at least one more album

It's pretty obvious that when Libertad failed, Weiland had no incentive to stick around.  On Libertad it sounded like he phoned it in and was just going through the motions on the large majority of the songs.  But then again so did the rest of the band
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #114 on: April 23, 2008, 12:10:36 AM »

The writing was on the wall when Libertad flopped and then their tour with AIC bombed.  After hearing SBQM and then Libertad, I called it that it would flop and the band would disintegrate.  This type of project was way too money driven from the get go to make any sense if it wasn't making money

I would bet that if Libertad had gone platinum and their last US tour hadn't had such poor ticket sales, VR would do at least one more album

It's pretty obvious that when Libertad failed, Weiland had no incentive to stick around.  On Libertad it sounded like he phoned it in and was just going through the motions on the large majority of the songs.  But then again so did the rest of the band
Once again, apparently Rick Rubin knew what he was talking about when he told them to record more songs.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #115 on: April 23, 2008, 12:10:54 AM »

I disagree with you on Libertad. I actually listen to Libertad more than Contraband, but it is definitely a different record.  Slash has more solos and the guitar effects are more imaginitive ( talk box on Get out the Door is very cool).  Scott's vocals came thru like he progressed since Contraband.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #116 on: April 23, 2008, 12:16:58 AM »

Yeah I don't think Libertad was a bad album.  I enjoyed it, but it didn't have very long lasting life in my CD player.  Not anywhere near Contraband.  But for whatever reason Libertad pretty much bombed.  Maybe it was the fact that it didn't really have any killer songs on it.  Lots of good, solid songs, but nothing that really stood out.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #117 on: April 23, 2008, 12:30:05 AM »

There was no big single. No Slither. Commercially not as good as Contraband, but artistically a forward progression by a very good band.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Chris Axl
All that I wanted was...
Rocker

Axl Got My Sunglasses

« Reply #118 on: April 23, 2008, 01:55:30 AM »

Haven't you read the latest Slash interview on this?

He says that scott was drifting away long time before the STP thing.
And Slash said that the STP wasn't the main reason for them wanting to get rid of them.

If I were you, I'd manage to abhor the invitation
Of promised love that can't keep up with your adoration
Just use your head, and in the end you'll find your inspiration
To choose your steps and w
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #119 on: April 23, 2008, 09:34:20 AM »

Slash knows how to tell a good lie story.

Classic argumentum ad hominem.

While he may have a propensity for fudging the truth, it has nothing to with Weiland's firing. The facts tend to support his story, ie, auditioning new singers, strife in the band, and the fact that some of his statements have been corroborated by other members of the band.

But why does he mention those things AFTER Weiland leaves?

Just a pattern of lies that we all should have gotten used to by now.

Weiland wasn't fired.  He left those guys and they were caught with their pants down.

Whatever-caught with their pants down? Duff and Slash left one of the biggest bands in the world over 10 years ago and seemed to have survived ok

libertad
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: