Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:42:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Scott Weiland speaks about the end of VR
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Scott Weiland speaks about the end of VR  (Read 42390 times)
greendog
« Reply #60 on: April 15, 2008, 12:05:25 PM »

its not loading for me :S
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #61 on: April 15, 2008, 12:09:40 PM »

Scott takes another shot... on VR:

"You can't flog a dead horse"

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/showbiz/2008/04/11/quan.stone.temple.cnn?iref=videosearch

You know, when they played that slither clip, I was like, FUCK, WHAT A GREAT FUCKING SONG!!!!!  I hope Scott and them have a good tour.  He is full of shit.  The band sounded good though.. 
greendog
« Reply #62 on: April 15, 2008, 12:18:05 PM »

The band sound really good. Hope it goes well.
oldleadbelly
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #63 on: April 15, 2008, 12:21:03 PM »

The more I think about this the more pissed off I am. Scott is a complete jag-off. Does he forget that he was a joke before VR? No one, not even STP, wanted anything to do with him. Picking him wasn't for their benefit as much as it was for his. He's living somewhere over the rainbow right now, on Scott ego land, I mean that guy is not in touch with reality right now. He's not an important artist. And if it wasn't for VR he'd still be singing backup on Limp Bizkit albums. Then for him to turn around and piss on them now? The world has not exactly been itching for another STP record. They were a joke when they first came out, and not only were they still a joke after their second album, they were not even a successful joke anymore. I used to give them the benefit of the doubt because I liked some of their songs, but that's done now.

And yes Scott, you ripped off Eddie and Layne. Deal with it. That's why your style changed to what we have now after grunge died... What a fraud.

Rewind. Head Bangers Ball, early 90's:

Butthole Surfers: Hey...What band does STP remind you of?

Rikki Rachman: The question is, what band don't they remind you of?

And for the record, the weakest part of VR was Scott's songwriting. Sorry, but if some of those lyrics didn't make you cringe, or if you could listen through some of those songs with a straight face, then you are either deaf or living in Scott Weiland ego land too.

This screams bitter and delusional.  Go ahead and rag STP.  It's the easy thing to do.  I'm going to go listen to Purple and Tiny Music.
IzzyDutch
VIP

Here Today... Fuck The Hell

« Reply #64 on: April 15, 2008, 12:24:24 PM »

its not loading for me :S

Click on the link, then enter in the search video field on the lower right 'stone temple pilots'. Then you'll get a link to the video, click on it and then it will work
greendog
« Reply #65 on: April 15, 2008, 12:52:05 PM »

^

Heh, cheers. I've got it working, the plug in wasn't installed on my Mac. Nevermind Tongue Its sorted now, woo.
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #66 on: April 15, 2008, 08:39:30 PM »

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/showbiz/2008/04/11/quan.stone.temple.cnn?iref=videosearch

I saw that on CNN the other day. I wish they would give the context in which it was given.

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #67 on: April 15, 2008, 08:46:25 PM »

What pisses me off is how people are so quick to jump off the ship.

People loved scott.

Now he left people hate him

Same with Buckethead in GNR and now if Robin leaves u will see these same people hating him when they once loved him.

Its ridiculous.
I've always liked Scott, I will always like Scott.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Wheres Izzy
I smoke my cigarette with style
VIP

« Reply #68 on: April 15, 2008, 09:35:58 PM »

People loved scott.

Same with Buckethead in GNR and now if Robin leaves u will see these same people hating him when they once loved him.

Its ridiculous.

See, I kinda agree and I kinda don't. I grew up listening to STP, and I always thought he did a very good job with the talent he has in VR. That said, give credit where it's due-The Deleo's wrote the music for every recognizable stp song. Scott didn't write much music at all for STP until their last two albums, which in my opinion range from sometimes real strong to stuff I could do without. I am a fan of Scott as a performer, I was in the past and I am in the present. Even when I was 13 tho listening to STP he has always come off as extremely pretentious and as a prick. Scott the person I will never be a fan of.

Can you imagine, for a second, doing
anything just 'cuz you want to?
Well, that's just what I do so hooray for me and fuck you
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #69 on: April 15, 2008, 11:53:45 PM »

When Weiland and Sorum were friends....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WtzLTuffs8

Weird Weiland Spoof....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9tYWalKZuI&feature=related
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #70 on: April 16, 2008, 12:20:31 AM »

Im sorry, but if u dont like Scott's vocals and lyrics on STP songs.............. I honestly dont know what to say to u.

He has written some of the most recognizable melodies and lyrics in the last 15 years.

lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #71 on: April 16, 2008, 12:22:22 AM »

I saw that on CNN the other day. I wish they would give the context in which it was given.

That's exactly what I thought, because the statement was there, but obviously just a "cut" piece.  We don't know the entire context of what he said, unfortunately......
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #72 on: April 16, 2008, 12:25:12 AM »

Im sorry, but if u dont like Scott's vocals and lyrics on STP songs.............. I honestly dont know what to say to u.

He has written some of the most recognizable melodies and lyrics in the last 15 years.

Creep and Interstate love song 2 of my favorites. 
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #73 on: April 16, 2008, 12:35:08 AM »

Scott has written some great melodies, but I don't see his lyrics as being all that great.  Never have.  I think he gets away with being a poor lyricist because he has a good voice and writes good melodies.  His melodies are memorable, not his lyrics.

Ali
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #74 on: April 16, 2008, 01:23:18 AM »

The more I think about this the more pissed off I am. Scott is a complete jag-off. Does he forget that he was a joke before VR? No one, not even STP, wanted anything to do with him. Picking him wasn't for their benefit as much as it was for his. He's living somewhere over the rainbow right now, on Scott ego land, I mean that guy is not in touch with reality right now. He's not an important artist. And if it wasn't for VR he'd still be singing backup on Limp Bizkit albums. Then for him to turn around and piss on them now? The world has not exactly been itching for another STP record. They were a joke when they first came out, and not only were they still a joke after their second album, they were not even a successful joke anymore. I used to give them the benefit of the doubt because I liked some of their songs, but that's done now.

And yes Scott, you ripped off Eddie and Layne. Deal with it. That's why your style changed to what we have now after grunge died... What a fraud.

Rewind. Head Bangers Ball, early 90's:

Butthole Surfers: Hey...What band does STP remind you of?

Rikki Rachman: The question is, what band don't they remind you of?

And for the record, the weakest part of VR was Scott's songwriting. Sorry, but if some of those lyrics didn't make you cringe, or if you could listen through some of those songs with a straight face, then you are either deaf or living in Scott Weiland ego land too.

This screams bitter and delusional.  Go ahead and rag STP.  It's the easy thing to do. 

Bitter? No. Pissed off? Yes. He's a complete dick. Most asshole rock stars at least have some charm, this guy doesn't. Nice way to stab the guys who picked you up out of the gutter in the back. How is that delusional?

I'm going to go listen to Purple and Tiny Music.

Knock yourself out.

« Last Edit: April 16, 2008, 05:31:04 AM by misterID » Logged

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #75 on: April 16, 2008, 02:15:40 AM »

Lady Picture Show is one of the best songs written in the 90's

that and Big Empty alone win Scott major pts for whatever he decides to do.

Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #76 on: April 16, 2008, 02:42:54 AM »

Lady Picture Show is one of the best songs written in the 90's

The melodies and vocals to those songs are good, but so is the music.  For that, the De Leos deserve big props as well.

Ali
greendog
« Reply #77 on: April 16, 2008, 06:26:13 AM »

The melodies and vocals to those songs are good, but so is the music.  For that, the De Leos deserve big props as well.

Yeah, but we we're talking about Scotts abilities. Not those chaps.
greendog
« Reply #78 on: April 16, 2008, 06:30:17 AM »

People loved scott.

Its ridiculous.

My views on Scott through the history of VR have differed over time, I'll admit that. However, I don't agree with these people who change their opinions just because he isn't playing with their favourite musicians anymore. Scott always has been and always will be a great performer. I love him as a musician and '12 Bar Blues' is still one of my favourite albums. I never cared that much for STP, however a lot of their songs stick in my head and I actually really enjoy watching them live. So many stand out songs, I can't believe they are not one of my favourite bands. I've lost where I was going now, so I'll shut up.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #79 on: April 16, 2008, 09:48:19 AM »

People loved scott.

Its ridiculous.

that doesn't match my feeling towards the ones you mentioned at all,

after this break-up i have more respect for scott then matt for example..

i wasn't around forums when buckethead left but since he have left i've checked him out and i think he's fawking amazing and actually think it's sad he left

if robin leaves i'll think it's a damn shame i don't think he will though, but if he did i'll still like what he've done for the band Smiley buckethead and finck is still 2 of my favourite guitarists and will probably be for a very long time
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: