Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 12:06:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227963 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash Spills the Beans on Weiland's departure
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash Spills the Beans on Weiland's departure  (Read 64405 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #180 on: April 18, 2008, 06:14:22 PM »

Jarmo, I mentioned this a few weeks ago and you told me it wasn't important that you didn't have to be friends and all that to be a good band... but now its important... Interesting.

It's not about being friends.

It's about working together towards one goal.

If you hate being there and your loyalties are somewhere else, you're probably not performing like you would if you're inspired, motivated and happy.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
kobys
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #181 on: April 18, 2008, 06:15:24 PM »

I'm not saying he is innocent at all. Comparing a band to a "job" or "company" is very different it's a band and it functions very different.

In some ways, sure.

But it's both essentially about working as a team.

That's why companies spend money and time on team building.....

/jarmo

Jarmo, I mentioned this a few weeks ago and you told me it wasn't important that you didn't have to be friends and all that to be a good band... but now its important... Interesting.

You can work well with someone on a team and not be friends with them.  Look at Shaq and Kobe, they disliked each other tremendously and won 3 titles together

Yeah but when all was said and done Shaq still left.

I'm a Ronald Reagan conservative and damn proud of it!
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #182 on: April 18, 2008, 06:16:08 PM »

I'm not saying he is innocent at all. Comparing a band to a "job" or "company" is very different it's a band and it functions very different.

In some ways, sure.

/jarmo

You can work well with someone on a team and not be friends with them.  Look at Shaq and Kobe, they disliked each other tremendously and won 3 titles together

I said if GNR the band hung out more together we may not be wondering about Robin either....

Dude, did you ever see that picture of GN'R on tour when Robin had his birthday and everyone dressed like Robin, complete with fake beard, for his birthday?

The guys in the band are friends.  I have no doubts about that.

Ali
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #183 on: April 18, 2008, 06:17:13 PM »

In some ways, sure.

/jarmo

I said if GNR the band hung out more together we may not be wondering about Robin either....

Maybe, maybe not but we're talking about two different things.  You don't have to be friends with the people in your band, or your team, or at your work, but you do have to communicate and be able to set aside difference and work together for the common goal

We don't know what the details of Robin's situation is, but I'd be willing to bet it has little to do with how often the guys hang out, which by the way, nobody knows either.  How should any of us know how often Robin hung out with other people in Guns?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #184 on: April 18, 2008, 06:19:01 PM »

Well now it's all about how great friends the GN'R guys are.  Roll Eyes

So, STFU about Robin.

He has NOTHING to do with the soap opera called Velvet Revolver.

How close friends are the VR guys?

Do you think Slash was going over to Scott's for barbecues?

Was Dave hanging out with Matt?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
SpiritDave
One man Matt Sorum fan club
Banned
Rocker

Spiritofthestate.com

« Reply #185 on: April 18, 2008, 06:27:18 PM »

So, STFU about Robin.

/jarmo

If it's got nothing to do with VR, stop using it as a comparison, you self righteous ass.

Smiley

<--- Apparently I'm a one man Matt Sorum fan club - Well, if that's the case, I'm proud to be! - Btw, I just love the whole deleting posts thing here Smiley
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #186 on: April 18, 2008, 06:28:46 PM »

If it's got nothing to do with VR, stop using it as a comparison, you self righteous ass.

Smiley

Oh fuck off already.  Smiley

Let me show you the logout button.  Smiley

I warned you last time, but you've obviously got some reading comprehension issues.  Smiley

One more insult towards other members here will be your last.  ok

Smiley

/jarmo
« Last Edit: April 18, 2008, 06:33:08 PM by jarmo » Logged

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #187 on: April 18, 2008, 06:33:14 PM »

U dont have to be friends but u do have to have a collective level of respect for one another.

Throwing a guy under the bus and ignoring him because he has long documented issues is hypocritical and ridiculous.

U think it will ever click in Slash's head, that communicating with someone before things blow up would be a great idea?

U cant let stuff stay inside for years and finally exploding.

If the first time Scott did something he didnt like, he should've spoke up.

Slash fears confrontation though, so he is unable to do so.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #188 on: April 18, 2008, 06:40:10 PM »

So, STFU about Robin.

/jarmo

Slash never hung out with Scott.  Slash often said he wasn't the type of guy you couldn't sit around and have a beer with.  The other 4 are pretty fucking close.  I agree, you don't have to be best pals, but it sure fucking helps!
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #189 on: April 18, 2008, 06:43:24 PM »

U dont have to be friends but u do have to have a collective level of respect for one another.

Throwing a guy under the bus and ignoring him because he has long documented issues is hypocritical and ridiculous.

U think it will ever click in Slash's head, that communicating with someone before things blow up would be a great idea?

U cant let stuff stay inside for years and finally exploding.

If the first time Scott did something he didnt like, he should've spoke up.

Slash fears confrontation though, so he is unable to do so.

That is why scott wasn't a good choice since day one!!!!  Look, they need a guy like Brian Johnson that knows his role and is 100% behind the band.  Scott wasn't.  Brian knew Bon Scott was loved and he would always be compared to him.  He didn't mind.  Infact, he embraced it.  VR needs a guy like him. 
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #190 on: April 18, 2008, 06:45:11 PM »

^

Yeah but that is where u just arent getting it

There isnt a Brian Johnson on every corner in every town in America

Finding a frontman with that kind of talent and that level of professionalism is damn near impossible.

Finding a frontman period is almost impossible.

Not a whole lot of great frontmen around anymore.

Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #191 on: April 18, 2008, 06:49:08 PM »

^

Yeah but that is where u just arent getting it

There isnt a Brian Johnson on every corner in every town in America

Finding a frontman with that kind of talent and that level of professionalism is damn near impossible.

Finding a frontman period is almost impossible.

Not a whole lot of great frontmen around anymore.

If fucking Slash and Duff can't find said singer, nobody can!  They need to stop acting like pussy's and only get the best.

Lenny Kravitz for me would be fun and he doesn't seem to have an ego to me.
Falcon likes Billy Morrison, but Lenny probably more talented overall.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #192 on: April 18, 2008, 06:54:54 PM »

Yeah but why would Lenny Kravitz want to do that?

Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #193 on: April 18, 2008, 07:00:08 PM »

Yeah but why would Lenny Kravitz want to do that?

Because of this,

The New VR

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-rDWd2cGqU

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #194 on: April 18, 2008, 07:27:37 PM »

Lenny is an established solo star, I dont know why he'd join a band replacing someone......... He'd maybe do one song on an album but not officially join a group.

Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #195 on: April 18, 2008, 07:42:09 PM »

Lenny is an established solo star, I dont know why he'd join a band replacing someone......... He'd maybe do one song on an album but not officially join a group.

D, Damnit, just play along and say, "Smoking Guns, you are right, Lenny would be kick ass, I would love to see it."  make me feel good for a second... hahaha.
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #196 on: April 19, 2008, 12:55:18 AM »

You've got to be joking right? All the tension in the band started when Slash went to Axl's house and talked shit about his band mates. But oh no we must not mention anything bad about our lord and savior slash the almighty.  I'm sorry I ever said anything against the great slash.  Roll Eyes

I've seen this posted a few times around here - about all the tensions starting when Slash went to Axl's house - and it's stated like it's a fact (like above).  The tensions, that existed, most likely started long before that, so I don't think it's accurate, at all, to pinpoint that event as the starting point.  It certainly didn't help, but I doubt that's where it all started and why. 
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #197 on: April 19, 2008, 01:02:32 AM »

I really don't think that them 'confronting' either Axl or Scott would have worked. You forget the egos involved all around. What do you think would have happened if Slash had confronted Axl? Do you think Axl would have gone like: 'Oh, yes he's right. I'll try and make it to the show on time...' or something like that?

More likely, Axl would have told Slash to go fuck himself and the band would have imploded a long time ago. Sometimes, you have to make concessions for the greater good. I think they did the right thing by sticking around as long as they could.

There is a different between making concessions and not having the balls to say something to someone's face.  Making concessions is not the same thing as suffering with a difficult situation in silence.

If you don't say anything to someone about something that's bothering you, it doesn't go away.  It will rear it's ugly head sooner or later.  By then you will have lost any opportunity to move forward and get past the situation.

Ali

Very good point, Ali,  I'm one that very firmly believes in open communication and, if something's bothering you, then you talk to the person about it, like an adult, before it gets out of control.  It's better all around. 

However, Genesis made an excellent point, as well.  I mean, there are some people, in life, that you just don't or can't confront because you just can't.  They'll wig out.  In that case, it's kind of better to just keep the silence and go along until you see an "out".  If you can get out....   I'm not trying to make judgments upon anyone, here, I'm just sayin' that sometimes there are people in life that you just can't work it out with - you walk on eggshells.     

I don't know.  Axl has had his issues with some of the new guys and been able to work it out.  Maybe he would've wigged out, maybe not.  Did Slash really ever try to talk to him about stuff that bothered him like not getting a writing credit for "Estranged" or the going on stage late thing?  As far as the latter, Matt Sorum said no, whenever he tried to confront Axl about going on stage late, Slash and Duff went the other way and ducked the issue.

Even if someone may wig out, it's still in the end better for you to at least say something in a polite and respectful way.  And if it was that bad with Axl, then Slash should've left sooner.

Ali
I think Matt was the only fucker (from the way he talks anyway) who had balls enough to try to stand up to Axl, and lost, in the end (fired, while the other 2 quit).  There's been a lot of guys who have come & gone, since then.  Obviously, we don't know any of them, and what really went on, so who really knows.  However, if Axl is truly bipolar, as supposedly, is Scott, then I  can only imagine - kind of makes for some very strong personalities.  You kind of learn to "tip toe" around just to keep something together that you believe in. 

In the end, no matter what, we still have the same 3 guys.  Either they are all fucking assholes who are, all 3, difficult to get along with, or they tend to get involved with lead singers who have some issues.  Don't know what that says about any of them and their personalities. 

All due respect, Lynn, you are assuming that Axl does not take any medication for bipolar disorder and that makes his personality strong or stronger.

Ali

That's ok.  I didn't mean it to sound that way.  Although, didn't he once say that he wasn't taking medications for it?  (it may be different today, though)  Either way, I've been under the impression that he has a very strong personality (which isn't a bad thing). 

Sorry to post this a couple pages later, but I'm just now catching up.   
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #198 on: April 19, 2008, 01:15:37 AM »

I think Matt was the only fucker (from the way he talks anyway) who had balls enough to try to stand up to Axl, and lost, in the end (fired, while the other 2 quit). 

He was unhappy about something and voiced his opinion. When asked if he would quit the band because he was unhappy, he said no. Then he got fired.

He's got balls?

Would you like to work with somebody like that?

/jarmo

I know this is old news, now, and has been hashed over, but I didn't get a chance to respond.   Cheesy

Would I like to work with someone like that?  What?  With balls?  I do, every day.  It's part of life.  Some people have 'em.  Some people don't.  Or, did you mean with someone like Matt?  I have no idea what he's really like, so I couldn't answer that. 

But, to be asked to quit because a person voices their opinion, and if they don't quit, then they're fired...that's sort of harsh.  To be fired because they're unhappy is sort of harsh.  (Of course, I work under union rules - it's very difficult to be fired under any circumstances.... Tongue  Roll Eyes).  And didn't his final demise happen because he stood up for the guitarist when that person was being talked about? 

Fernando
The REAL Fernando
Rocker

Adz sucks irl.

« Reply #199 on: April 19, 2008, 02:06:51 AM »

It stuns me that you even TRY to spin this! lol ... Matt got fired because Axl doesn't like being told he is wrong.  Smple fact.  Fuck sake man ... when is your blinded mind going to accept that fact!  If you told Axl you didn't like one of his songs he'd probably bite your leg or try and take ownership of your site

Tongue

You calling me blinded? Hahahahahaha!

You, the guy who has never said anything bad about Matt.

Yes Matt was fired because the band didn't need Slash and the band didn't need Matt trying to run the show.

People who were there are even saying that it was Slash trying to show Axl how he's right and how Slash pretty much thought Axl would come crawling begging him to come back.

But instead of doing what people who actually have some balls would do, leave, he tried to stick around and milk the GN'R cow some more.

Now I know you see him as the poor innocent victim who was fired from GN'R for no reasons.  Cry

/jarmo

You've never said a bad thing about Axl... why do you have more valid reason to hate Matt?  At least I fucking praise Axl when he deserves it !!!  And for proof, I know you remember all my posts, I'm sure you can check them Tongue

Matt stood up to Axl ... he didn't try and run the fucking show.  Never has anyone said Matt tried to run any show.  Axl hasn't said it ... and nor has anyone else.  Except you.

You're absolutely foolish if you think Axl fired Matt just because he said something out of turn.  Axl fired Matt because he was jealous of Matt's loyalty to Slash.  And I'm sorry, but any fucking moron can see that his loyalty to Slash would and SHOULD be more than his loyalty to Axl's old friends from Indiana, who meant absolutely nothing in GnR.

You are just rambling and rambling... When do you actually stop and think - wait, I don't have a clue on what I am talking about.  If you met Axl irl, you would feel so differently, but you don't - so you assume.  You can tell Axl you don't like one of his songs, but would you really?  If so, why?  Would it make you sleep better at night?  Somethings are better left unsaid.  Why?  Well, maybe because it doesn't really make a difference what you thought about one song that you might of disliked, but others just simply love.  You go on how you give Axl credit when it is due, give me your address so we can send you a thank you card. 

Matt's loyalty?  Have you sat down with Matt and talked with him about things that truly matter in his life?  Did he show you his "I love Slash" tattoo?  Maybe he has a Slash Butt-Buddy badge that he flossed around town.   I am only guessing here, but Matt's only reason to be playing with Slash is that he is a weak drummer that can't really start a band of his own.  Slash's self centered ways always gets him the same conclusion.

Now, I am not really sure if you got banned for being dumb - but, if not - thanks for being a GNR fan and a VR fanboi.

Narcissism has a lot to do with selfishness and deep need for adoration, not giving a fuck for others and promoting themselves at the expense of others often publicly.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: