Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 09, 2024, 04:10:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228016 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash Spills the Beans on Weiland's departure
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash Spills the Beans on Weiland's departure  (Read 65027 times)
Feel_The_Burn
« Reply #40 on: April 16, 2008, 11:10:45 PM »

Until then, I guess Slash can continue to portray himself as a victim with no culpability in these professional fallings-out.

Ali

He rarely addressed his feelings in that interview. A few times at most. Go back and count the times that he used "I" in reference to himself.

It's not about him using the word "I".  It's about him not making any concession that he or any of the others did anything to contribute to the tension with Scott.  Completely giving your singer the cold shoulder does not help the situation.  It only makes it worse.

Ali

How about

We basically didn't speak a word that whole time, we gave him the cold shoulder in the UK like nobody's business.

other than that, nobody spoke to him, i imagine he was quite uncomfortable.

Is that not bluntly saying he knows the contributed to it

You just want to rip him to shreds , he uses the word "criminal" and you jump on his case.

Wrong.  I have no desire to rip him to shreds.  Don't be so dramatic.  I just thought it was over the top to use that word.

And, I can't help but notice a pattern here.  Something goes wrong with a member of the band and it's never Slash's fault at all.  Things go sour and he doesn't admit playing even a small role in it.  And no, it does not sound like he admits contributing to the situation and being wrong in that.  He sounds proud of it and indifferent or unconcerned with any negative impact from giving Scott the cold shoulder.

Ali

other than that, nobody spoke to him, i imagine he was quite uncomfortable. What do you want him to say

HEY WORLD ITS ALL MY FAULT

Jeez dude seriously he said straight up we gave him the cold shoulder and I can imagine he we uncomfortable. Anyways it was obvious that Slash and Co where on one page and Scott on another.

I don't expect him to say that it's all his fault, but some concession that perhaps it was not a good situation for all parties involved.

Like you said, Slash and co. were on one page and Scott another.  They all did things to not help their relationship.  It didn't work out.  It was time to move on.  That's it.

Ali

Yeah which is why he said he can only imagine that Scott did feel comfortable. Anyways it was the best move for the band.
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #41 on: April 16, 2008, 11:13:02 PM »

Like I said, he could've just said "it's not cool to go on stage late" and just said that.  He didn't need to be overly dramatic and use the word "criminal".  It was over the top given the situation he was talking about.

Unless Slash and the guys want to have a hired gun for a singer, they can't call the shots by themselves.

Slash makes no concession that anything he or the other members did anything to contribute to the tension and subsequent split with Scott.  None whatsoever.  When you don't admit you did anything wrong or contributed to the situation in any way, you are portraying yourself as being a victim of the situation not a party to it.

Ali

Way to exactly restate your original points without adding anything at all.
Already gone in a circle after one reply so not going to bother persuing this further.
But please, keep your eyes open for another Slash thread so you can come back spewing the tried and tested 'Slash playing the victim without taking any responsibility' card again.

And Feel_The_Burn, I agree. As I said, in as many words he is admitting they helped push him out. "I imagine that made him feel quite uncomfortable" I think more than concludes that they helped contribute to the tension.
If you had read my first post, there would have been no need to restate my point.  Way to go!

And yeah, it's real big to admit you made the guy feel uncomfortable after you already decided to kick him out.

Ali

Ali
Legend

« Reply #42 on: April 16, 2008, 11:14:07 PM »

Until then, I guess Slash can continue to portray himself as a victim with no culpability in these professional fallings-out.

Ali

He rarely addressed his feelings in that interview. A few times at most. Go back and count the times that he used "I" in reference to himself.

It's not about him using the word "I".  It's about him not making any concession that he or any of the others did anything to contribute to the tension with Scott.  Completely giving your singer the cold shoulder does not help the situation.  It only makes it worse.

Ali

From all appearances, it was Weiland that gave the rest of the band the cold shoulder ... for along time.

Really?  Slash just admitted that he and the others did the same thing.

Ali

I know you are not naive to the actions of Weiland. He has long been a loner ... and that is generous.

I know, man.  I know.  But, don't you think there is a difference between being a private person and deliberately giving someone the cold shoulder?

Ali
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #43 on: April 16, 2008, 11:15:45 PM »

^Cool! I Gotcha. Grin

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
Ali
Legend

« Reply #44 on: April 16, 2008, 11:16:29 PM »

Ali

Ali

How about

We basically didn't speak a word that whole time, we gave him the cold shoulder in the UK like nobody's business.

other than that, nobody spoke to him, i imagine he was quite uncomfortable.

Is that not bluntly saying he knows the contributed to it

You just want to rip him to shreds , he uses the word "criminal" and you jump on his case.

Wrong.  I have no desire to rip him to shreds.  Don't be so dramatic.  I just thought it was over the top to use that word.

And, I can't help but notice a pattern here.  Something goes wrong with a member of the band and it's never Slash's fault at all.  Things go sour and he doesn't admit playing even a small role in it.  And no, it does not sound like he admits contributing to the situation and being wrong in that.  He sounds proud of it and indifferent or unconcerned with any negative impact from giving Scott the cold shoulder.

Ali

other than that, nobody spoke to him, i imagine he was quite uncomfortable. What do you want him to say

HEY WORLD ITS ALL MY FAULT

Jeez dude seriously he said straight up we gave him the cold shoulder and I can imagine he we uncomfortable. Anyways it was obvious that Slash and Co where on one page and Scott on another.

I don't expect him to say that it's all his fault, but some concession that perhaps it was not a good situation for all parties involved.

Like you said, Slash and co. were on one page and Scott another.  They all did things to not help their relationship.  It didn't work out.  It was time to move on.  That's it.

Ali

Yeah which is why he said he can only imagine that Scott did feel comfortable. Anyways it was the best move for the band.

I'd be willing to bet any sum of money that all of them played a role in poisoning the group dynamic.  It got to the point of no return and all parties had to move on.  It's that simple.  

Hopefully Slash and co. will find the right guy for the band and make some kickass music and Scott will do his STP thing and have fun there.

Ali
Killingmachine
Headliner

Guns n' Fuckin' Roses

« Reply #45 on: April 16, 2008, 11:22:24 PM »

Very interesting interview. I'm glad that Slash is still motivated about Velvet Revolver future. I hope Weiland replacement go up stage on time.

always is nice reading something about Slash  ok

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #46 on: April 16, 2008, 11:27:37 PM »

We basically didn't speak a word that whole time, we gave him the cold shoulder in the UK like nobody's business. There were a couple of arguements around the stage but, other than that, nobody spoke to him, i imagine he was quite uncomfortable. No wonder he didn't have a good time, then, he told everyone in Glasgow that the whole band was over. we were like 'Oh well, i guess we've got a surprise coming for you, Scott'

This is starting to sound a bit childish. Undecided

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Ali
Legend

« Reply #47 on: April 16, 2008, 11:31:33 PM »

We basically didn't speak a word that whole time, we gave him the cold shoulder in the UK like nobody's business. There were a couple of arguements around the stage but, other than that, nobody spoke to him, i imagine he was quite uncomfortable. No wonder he didn't have a good time, then, he told everyone in Glasgow that the whole band was over. we were like 'Oh well, i guess we've got a surprise coming for you, Scott'

This is starting to sound a bit childish. Undecided

Very much so.  Very spiteful and passive aggressive as well.

Ali
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #48 on: April 17, 2008, 12:31:48 AM »

it's rock n roll, people-I think the drama is fun

libertad
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #49 on: April 17, 2008, 01:04:10 AM »

Come off it and announce the new singer already. I getting testy.

Fuck 'Em All.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #50 on: April 17, 2008, 01:38:20 AM »

Scott was and has always been weird.  And also look at the era's they came out in.  GNR, though only a few years older, came up in a much different way.  Slash and Scott would have NEVER been personal friends.  Why would you want a band with people you don't even like.  Wathing the Rise of VR documentry, I think you can even tell then that even though Slash like Scott as a singer, he kind of didn't really trust him or think he was really like the rest of the band. 

All that being said, Slash needs to just focus on future and move on.  Cause now we will get stupid article from Weiland.  And Slash did try to hold back, but it was too late at that point almost.   

Slash and company need a balls out Rocker that doesn't have a huge ego.  Is there one out there?  We will find out!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #51 on: April 17, 2008, 01:46:17 AM »

No such thing as a balls out rocker who isnt somehow fucked up.

they go hand in hand.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Feel_The_Burn
« Reply #52 on: April 17, 2008, 02:01:08 AM »

No such thing as a balls out rocker who isnt somehow fucked up.

they go hand in hand.

You need ego in the music biz , just not a big one. They just need someone who is willing to let Slash do what he does best , make killer riffs with Duff and Matt. Someone who isn't trying to over shadow them , but complement their style. Just a balls to the wall rocker. I just want to hear some of that vintage Slash riffin and soloin'.
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #53 on: April 17, 2008, 02:08:43 AM »

I'd still like to see a scan from kerrang!, 'cause the wording just doesn't sound right at all....
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #54 on: April 17, 2008, 02:53:14 AM »

lol, funny.  everyone here seems to attack slash for the interview... on metalsludge everyone praised him for being such a stand up guy.

guess we're all a lil bit biased. or Axl nuttswingers as they they'd put it on metal sludge

Chinese Democracy!
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #55 on: April 17, 2008, 03:38:37 AM »

lol, funny.  everyone here seems to attack slash for the interview... on metalsludge everyone praised him for being such a stand up guy.

guess we're all a lil bit biased. or Axl nuttswingers as they they'd put it on metal sludge

they are equally biased
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #56 on: April 17, 2008, 03:51:44 AM »

well, i seem to agree with this board, that slash comes off like someone who always likes to play the good guy and blames everyone else in order to make him look good, but it's still funny, because metal sludge equally hates both New Gnr and VR and Specially Weiland, and everyone there just came to different conclusions that we did over here.

we are biased also, that's my point.

Chinese Democracy!
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #57 on: April 17, 2008, 03:55:42 AM »

how many days til the next weiland rant?  hihi

Re-Union time, baby!!
JimBobTTD
Rocker

« Reply #58 on: April 17, 2008, 04:03:04 AM »

how many days til the next weiland rant?  hihi

That would be really silly of him. It's one thing to say something in an interview which may be seen as hostile, but to come out with a press release (or blog entry...these seem to be the same thing these days) in response would be childish. If he has any balls, he will let this die a natural death and let it go.

And the only reason this board is so hostile about this interview is because coming on stage late was mentioned...this being a hobby of another singer, and so saying that it is a bad thing is unacceptable to some here!
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #59 on: April 17, 2008, 04:25:45 AM »

i'm not good in bets but i would put a lot amount of $$ in it that Scottie will talk about this & re-bash them online pretty soon, as usual. it seems to be a part of his personality (processing in the VR years) to give the fast answer.

the "coming-late-on-stage" thing simply sucks no matter who does it in live shows. if you pay a ticket for a train and the train arrives 1h+ late it's just uncool if there are no "excusable" reasons for.
scott weiland is just a pussy i've never liked, and i'm wayyyy not alone with this opinion! he is -for me- the main reason why i never could become a fan from VR. loosing him/kicking him out is the best thing happening to them. thumps up they will pick some killer singer now they can get along well with.

Re-Union time, baby!!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: