Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 08:48:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228062 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash Spills the Beans on Weiland's departure
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash Spills the Beans on Weiland's departure  (Read 65211 times)
elmir
VIP

« Reply #140 on: April 18, 2008, 07:21:58 AM »

and then he portraits himself as the nicest dude around and everyone is just faulty.

specially for someone with an history of substance abuse to this day, i find it hard to believe everything he says. specially when he even blames others for their chemical ubuse, because they can't manage as well as he does ...

the interesting thing about him though is....that only us....old school, hardcore, devoted fans of these guys see the irony and hypocrisy....general rock fans don't see it that way at all...

why don't they?
why is it that they buy all of these untruths at face value...and never question it?

I please one person per day...today is not your day...tomorrow ain't looking good either...
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #141 on: April 18, 2008, 07:25:55 AM »

I never said Slash didn't operate correctly in a band, or incorrectly.  Like with anyone else in a band, Slash's history getting along with singers says that he may contribute to the situations not working out.  Which isn't to say that he's all to blame and that others are blameless.  Just that he shares in the blame.

Ali

---given the enourmous ego of Axl and Scott; it maybe they were resentful, jealous, threatended by the amount of adoration, publicity, popularity, respect etc that is always showered upon Slash......I mean they are the frontman and sound of their respective bands and hear Slash is stealing their thunder Tongue
Nightfall
The Evil Dutchess
VIP

« Reply #142 on: April 18, 2008, 07:43:37 AM »

why is it that they buy all of these untruths at face value...and never question it?

because they have a life and therefor don't give a damn Roll Eyes

Nightfall On Tour 2012:
NY: Februari 10 & 12
France: June 5, 11, 14 & 19
martyngnr
Headliner

« Reply #143 on: April 18, 2008, 07:47:02 AM »

I never said Slash didn't operate correctly in a band, or incorrectly.  Like with anyone else in a band, Slash's history getting along with singers says that he may contribute to the situations not working out.  Which isn't to say that he's all to blame and that others are blameless.  Just that he shares in the blame.

Ali

---given the enourmous ego of Axl and Scott; it maybe they were resentful, jealous, threatended by the amount of adoration, publicity, popularity, respect etc that is always showered upon Slash......I mean they are the frontman and sound of their respective bands and hear Slash is stealing their thunder Tongue

No wonder Axl and Weiland would be resentful of the treatment Slash recieves.......Slash is held up like some greek god who can do no wrong by a huge percentage of the GNR/VR fanbase.

Apart from on this message board i have NEVER heard a GNR fan criticise Slash, whereas it seems to be open season all the time on Axl-bashing.

Slash said he didn't wanna get into "negative" talk between him and Weiland............we will just have to wait for Slash to release his next mistake-filled "book" then.

rant Apologies for the rant!  peace

"I read the internet......I know what's going on!"
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #144 on: April 18, 2008, 08:15:42 AM »

I asked if Slash was going to man up and take any of the blame in one of the other threads about vr breaking up, and I got attacked by the slash fans here. Looks like I was right when I said I didn't think he would. He never does, it's always someone else's fault; former singer, real estate agent, some bum on the street corner. It can never be slash's fault though, nope that's just not possible!  Roll Eyes

But you still have not ONE ouce of proof that is was Slash's fault... so you're still talking from your ass if you think he should accept blame.  I'm not saying he shouldn't ... I don't know Slash.  Nor do you.

You've got to be joking right? All the tension in the band started when Slash went to Axl's house and talked shit about his band mates. But oh no we must not mention anything bad about our lord and savior slash the almighty.  I'm sorry I ever said anything against the great slash.  Roll Eyes
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #145 on: April 18, 2008, 09:59:40 AM »

because they have a life and therefor don't give a damn Roll Eyes

HAHA.....I love it.  Please go post that in the 80 page Robin leaving thread.  hihi

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #146 on: April 18, 2008, 10:38:53 AM »

The other VR members didn't want it to work with Scott.  Period.  They wanted it to work with Axl and it did for almost 11 years, but only well for 8.  They got so sick of them they chose to ignore them.  I too have been guilty of this.  I once ended a partnership with a guy I hated so much I just wanted to finish our last job take the loss, and move on!!!!  And that is what Slash, Matt, Duff, and Dave did for the most part.  They had to finish their shows and they did. 

I agree with D on some points.  The other 4 aren't saints and they made the mistake in getting Weiland in the first place.  I am sure they made plenty of mistakes.  In the end, they are probably better off now and can move on.

It makes me wonder on why you see Scott as a mistake?  Wasn't VR a great rock and roll band?  What made it great?  Its music?  Its members?  So, now that Scott's out - then, it's like, well that dude was a loser anyways...

and shows many traits of a textbook narcissist.

A narcissist? I would think that condition more readily describes Weiland's actions. Whatever Slash is, I doubt that he is narciccistic.

Never!  Because that book of his made me think everything but narcissism.   

In the end, if you had to force him out, it proves he wasn't the best guy for the job.  But they still made some good music.  Maybe he was right at the time, but a mistake in the long run.  If he wasn't a mistake, he would still be in the band.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #147 on: April 18, 2008, 10:55:35 AM »

In the end, if you had to force him out, it proves he wasn't the best guy for the job.  But they still made some good music.  Maybe he was right at the time, but a mistake in the long run.  If he wasn't a mistake, he would still be in the band.

It was right as long as the money was rolling in.....

They didn't have to force him out.

They just waited until they had played the scheduled gigs before telling him. At that point he had already decided he wasn't gonna continue with them.

I think Matt was the only fucker (from the way he talks anyway) who had balls enough to try to stand up to Axl, and lost, in the end (fired, while the other 2 quit). 

He was unhappy about something and voiced his opinion. When asked if he would quit the band because he was unhappy, he said no. Then he got fired.

He's got balls?

Would you like to work with somebody like that?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #148 on: April 18, 2008, 11:11:34 AM »

I really don't think that them 'confronting' either Axl or Scott would have worked. You forget the egos involved all around. What do you think would have happened if Slash had confronted Axl? Do you think Axl would have gone like: 'Oh, yes he's right. I'll try and make it to the show on time...' or something like that?

More likely, Axl would have told Slash to go fuck himself and the band would have imploded a long time ago. Sometimes, you have to make concessions for the greater good. I think they did the right thing by sticking around as long as they could.

There is a different between making concessions and not having the balls to say something to someone's face.  Making concessions is not the same thing as suffering with a difficult situation in silence.

If you don't say anything to someone about something that's bothering you, it doesn't go away.  It will rear it's ugly head sooner or later.  By then you will have lost any opportunity to move forward and get past the situation.

Ali

Very good point, Ali,  I'm one that very firmly believes in open communication and, if something's bothering you, then you talk to the person about it, like an adult, before it gets out of control.  It's better all around. 

However, Genesis made an excellent point, as well.  I mean, there are some people, in life, that you just don't or can't confront because you just can't.  They'll wig out.  In that case, it's kind of better to just keep the silence and go along until you see an "out".  If you can get out....   I'm not trying to make judgments upon anyone, here, I'm just sayin' that sometimes there are people in life that you just can't work it out with - you walk on eggshells.     

I don't know.  Axl has had his issues with some of the new guys and been able to work it out.  Maybe he would've wigged out, maybe not.  Did Slash really ever try to talk to him about stuff that bothered him like not getting a writing credit for "Estranged" or the going on stage late thing?  As far as the latter, Matt Sorum said no, whenever he tried to confront Axl about going on stage late, Slash and Duff went the other way and ducked the issue.

Even if someone may wig out, it's still in the end better for you to at least say something in a polite and respectful way.  And if it was that bad with Axl, then Slash should've left sooner.

Ali
I think Matt was the only fucker (from the way he talks anyway) who had balls enough to try to stand up to Axl, and lost, in the end (fired, while the other 2 quit).  There's been a lot of guys who have come & gone, since then.  Obviously, we don't know any of them, and what really went on, so who really knows.  However, if Axl is truly bipolar, as supposedly, is Scott, then I  can only imagine - kind of makes for some very strong personalities.  You kind of learn to "tip toe" around just to keep something together that you believe in. 

In the end, no matter what, we still have the same 3 guys.  Either they are all fucking assholes who are, all 3, difficult to get along with, or they tend to get involved with lead singers who have some issues.  Don't know what that says about any of them and their personalities. 

All due respect, Lynn, you are assuming that Axl does not take any medication for bipolar disorder and that makes his personality strong or stronger.

Ali
SpiritDave
One man Matt Sorum fan club
Banned
Rocker

Spiritofthestate.com

« Reply #149 on: April 18, 2008, 11:13:39 AM »

I think Matt was the only fucker (from the way he talks anyway) who had balls enough to try to stand up to Axl, and lost, in the end (fired, while the other 2 quit). 

He was unhappy about something and voiced his opinion. When asked if he would quit the band because he was unhappy, he said no. Then he got fired.

He's got balls?

/jarmo

It stuns me that you even TRY to spin this! lol ... Matt got fired because Axl doesn't like being told he is wrong.  Smple fact.  Fuck sake man ... when is your blinded mind going to accept that fact!  If you told Axl you didn't like one of his songs he'd probably bite your leg or try and take ownership of your site

Tongue

<--- Apparently I'm a one man Matt Sorum fan club - Well, if that's the case, I'm proud to be! - Btw, I just love the whole deleting posts thing here Smiley
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #150 on: April 18, 2008, 11:22:01 AM »

It stuns me that you even TRY to spin this! lol ... Matt got fired because Axl doesn't like being told he is wrong.  Smple fact.  Fuck sake man ... when is your blinded mind going to accept that fact!  If you told Axl you didn't like one of his songs he'd probably bite your leg or try and take ownership of your site

Tongue

You calling me blinded? Hahahahahaha!

You, the guy who has never said anything bad about Matt.

Yes Matt was fired because the band didn't need Slash and the band didn't need Matt trying to run the show.

People who were there are even saying that it was Slash trying to show Axl how he's right and how Slash pretty much thought Axl would come crawling begging him to come back.

But instead of doing what people who actually have some balls would do, leave, he tried to stick around and milk the GN'R cow some more.

Now I know you see him as the poor innocent victim who was fired from GN'R for no reasons.  Cry

/jarmo
« Last Edit: April 18, 2008, 11:24:40 AM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
SpiritDave
Banned
Rocker

Spiritofthestate.com

« Reply #151 on: April 18, 2008, 11:33:16 AM »

Tongue

You calling me blinded? Hahahahahaha!

You, the guy who has never said anything bad about Matt.

Yes Matt was fired because the band didn't need Slash and the band didn't need Matt trying to run the show.

People who were there are even saying that it was Slash trying to show Axl how he's right and how Slash pretty much thought Axl would come crawling begging him to come back.

But instead of doing what people who actually have some balls would do, leave, he tried to stick around and milk the GN'R cow some more.

Now I know you see him as the poor innocent victim who was fired from GN'R for no reasons.  Cry

/jarmo

You've never said a bad thing about Axl... why do you have more valid reason to hate Matt?  At least I fucking praise Axl when he deserves it !!!  And for proof, I know you remember all my posts, I'm sure you can check them Tongue

Matt stood up to Axl ... he didn't try and run the fucking show.  Never has anyone said Matt tried to run any show.  Axl hasn't said it ... and nor has anyone else.  Except you.

You're absolutely foolish if you think Axl fired Matt just because he said something out of turn.  Axl fired Matt because he was jealous of Matt's loyalty to Slash.  And I'm sorry, but any fucking moron can see that his loyalty to Slash would and SHOULD be more than his loyalty to Axl's old friends from Indiana, who meant absolutely nothing in GnR.

<--- Apparently I'm a one man Matt Sorum fan club - Well, if that's the case, I'm proud to be! - Btw, I just love the whole deleting posts thing here Smiley
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #152 on: April 18, 2008, 11:41:58 AM »

He's got balls?

/jarmo

Tongue

I think the reasoning behind Matt getting fired is not as open and shut as you make it seem.  Matt says he was fired for sticking up for Slash and going after Paul Huge, Axl has said that Matt let it be known he was angling to get fired.

And if Axl reacted negatively to people criticizing his songs, then why would he bring friends (e.g. Marc Canter) down to the studio to ask them what they thought of the songs?

Ali
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #153 on: April 18, 2008, 11:42:56 AM »

You've never said a bad thing about Axl... why do you have more valid reason to hate Matt?  At least I fucking praise Axl when he deserves it !!!  And for proof, I know you remember all my posts, I'm sure you can check them Tongue

Yeah, the usual "I did say a nice thing about Axl" excuse.

The fact is, you attack me for being biased when you're the most biased Slash and Matt fan on this site.

Matt stood up to Axl ... he didn't try and run the fucking show.  Never has anyone said Matt tried to run any show.  Axl hasn't said it ... and nor has anyone else.  Except you.

I think Scott alluded to it by mentioning ego and jealousy.

You're absolutely foolish if you think Axl fired Matt just because he said something out of turn.  Axl fired Matt because he was jealous of Matt's loyalty to Slash.  And I'm sorry, but any fucking moron can see that his loyalty to Slash would and SHOULD be more than his loyalty to Axl's old friends from Indiana, who meant absolutely nothing in GnR.

Yes yes, you know everything, nobody else knows anything. Including people who were there.  Lips Sealed

I remember you arguing against what someone like Marc Canter said about the whole Snakepit stuff.....

His loyalty to Slash? You mean, he followed Slash when Slash quit the band because he was that loyal? Oh wait, he didn't.

Of course he'd want his friend in the band and he agreed with Slash. The whole "beg him back" thing. Obviously Axl wasn't into that nor did he need people who were waiting for him to beg Slash back into the band in his band.

/jarmo

SpiritDave
Banned
Rocker

Spiritofthestate.com

« Reply #154 on: April 18, 2008, 11:50:37 AM »

Jarmo ... you're a narrow minded fool.  I give you plenty of good explanations but you just take press cuttings and store them in your mind as argument material.

Sorry but you didn't even acknowledge my first point in your last post because you don't have an excuse or answer ...

I'm done with arguing about this.  You're worse than a child.  You're fantasizing about these people as if you know them.  I always say I don't know them and maybe this and maybe that ... but every time you post it's as if it's fact.

Dude ... seriously ... get a life Smiley

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #155 on: April 18, 2008, 11:59:06 AM »

Jarmo ... you're a narrow minded fool.

Ah, the old insults.

First sign that you have nothing to stand on other than your pompous arrogant "I'm right, you're wrong" attitude.

I give you plenty of good explanations but you just take press cuttings and store them in your mind as argument material.

You don't give good examples. You give your biased Matt Sorum is God preaching time after time.

We get it, you wanna have his babies and become pregnant guy #2 so you can be famous and be on Oprah.

Sorry but you didn't even acknowledge my first point in your last post because you don't have an excuse or answer ...

I don't need an excuse.

Excuses are for those who do something and know they're wrong.

I don't think I can be wrong when it comes to my taste in music and who I choose to believe.

I'm done with arguing about this.  You're worse than a child.  You're fantasizing about these people as if you know them.  I always say I don't know them and maybe this and maybe that ... but every time you post it's as if it's fact.

Oh right.

This is from the guy who has modeled his life after Slash.

You say you don't know them but act like you're right.

How the fuck can you even think you know anything based on the limited knowledge you have?

My opinion is based on what I've read and heard over the years.

Your opinion is based on your love for Slash and Matt.

Dude ... seriously ... get a life Smiley

I'm happy with my life. How about you?

/jarmo

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #156 on: April 18, 2008, 01:49:08 PM »

Slash came off kind of arrogant, and sort of dickheadedish in this interview.

Sort of?  Seriously?  That guy must be a dick irl.  Wink

well i was trying not to be too harsh  Tongue  but no argument here  hihi
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #157 on: April 18, 2008, 02:06:21 PM »

and shows many traits of a textbook narcissist.

A narcissist? I would think that condition more readily describes Weiland's actions. Whatever Slash is, I doubt that he is narciccistic.

I said "many" of the traits, particularly lacking empathy (for someone with as many drug and personal issues as he's had you'd think he'd be more understanding of others with similar issues), showing arrogant, patronizing, contemptuous behavior (listen to the way he talks about Axl and now Weiland), selfishly takes advantage of others to achieve his own ends (he knew Weiland's reputation and hooked up with him anyway because he knew they'd sell more records with Weiland), has a sense of entitlement (thinks everyone should do things his way, thinks anyone who has different artistic methods and tastes is wrong and doesn't know what they're doing)
RTK
Headliner

« Reply #158 on: April 18, 2008, 02:27:25 PM »

Wow, this has become like a psycho-analysis of Slash's personality. Beleive what you want to beleive, no one can change that.

Scott left/was asked to leave for many reasons, no one is fully to blame (except maybe Dave Kushner, we all know he's a trouble maker Roll Eyes)

Who cares why Matt was fired by Axl, does it make him any less of a drummer? And frankly, being fired was probably the best thing for him, otherwise he'd be sitting around for 11 years.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #159 on: April 18, 2008, 02:28:52 PM »

Who cares why Matt was fired by Axl, does it make him any less of a drummer? And frankly, being fired was probably the best thing for him,

Not to mention how fucking great it was for GN'R!  ok

The band that spent time trying to convince us they were the last real dangerous and unpredictable rock band on the planet fires their singer for becoming just that, unpredictable.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: April 18, 2008, 02:55:58 PM by jarmo » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: