Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 15, 2024, 11:30:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Baz talks about The General
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Baz talks about The General  (Read 7975 times)
anythinggoes II
a real fan
Headliner

Why dont you just......

« on: May 23, 2008, 01:33:15 PM »

This is from the July Classic Rock

So We've heard Axl sing on your CD, when are we going to hear him sing on his own?

Its coming dude. And i can say that because i have heard it. It Exists! I was at a Christmas party at his house last yearand he played me all of Chinese Democracy - Four Albums - worth of Material. The heaviest song is called The General. Its so demonic and Evil. Ive never heard Axl sing as high as he does on that - except for maybe on my record.

So whens it coming out?

He sgot a whole release schedule planned out. The song i love, The General, i said "when can i put this in my Ipod?" Axl goes, "2012". And im like "Huh", So he says, "Well, this song has to go with this song, and this song has to do with this,and this song is the end of the parable trilogy...." He's like George Lucas, Dude!

Sorry no links had to type this from Magazine

Sick of this life

Not that you care.
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2008, 01:41:07 PM »

He's stated this before.  Thanks for the info though...
anythinggoes II
a real fan
Headliner

Why dont you just......

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2008, 01:43:53 PM »

He's stated this before.  Thanks for the info though...

Shit sorry i thought it seemed familiar

Sick of this life

Not that you care.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2008, 01:44:41 PM »

Thanks for posting.

Yeah, it goes hand in hand with what others have said.

If you think the band has worked on one album only during this time, think again....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
daviebuckethead
VIP

it'd be a long time for anyone..........

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2008, 01:46:00 PM »

....Stoked!

everytime i see them makes me wish i had a gun.....
mrbucketfoot
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2008, 02:18:52 PM »

Even though Baz has talked about "The General" before, he went into more detail this time. It shows that Axl clearly has a set list of songs on each album. Not just "throw these together because that might meet this demographic or this target group...", the albums are well conceived and I'm sure they'll have quite a story to tell.

Can't wait.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2008, 02:20:21 PM »

If you think the band has worked on one album only during this time, think again
Agreed. That is one of the biggest misconceptions regarding the band over the years.  I hate when I read or hear people say o Axl needs 10+yrs and 12 million bucks to make one album. I cant stand that.

No dipshit the band has spent 10+ yrs and roughly 12-15 mill on 4 albums. Atleast get it right.

I think The General is a Brain song. I remember hearing that somewhere.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
alejoyp
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2008, 02:24:05 PM »

If you think the band has worked on one album only during this time, think again
Agreed. That is one of the biggest misconceptions regarding the band over the years.  I hate when I read or hear people say o Axl needs 10+yrs and 12 million bucks to make one album. I cant stand that.

No dipshit the band has spent 10+ yrs and roughly 12-15 mill on 4 albums. Atleast get it right.

Maybe a "General" Tommy Stinson song  hihi
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2008, 02:39:50 PM »

Agreed. That is one of the biggest misconceptions regarding the band over the years.  I hate when I read or hear people say o Axl needs 10+yrs and 12 million bucks to make one album. I cant stand that.

Yeah, here he says 4 albums...

"Dude, there's at least four albums of material," Bach says of his friend's disc. "I said, 'Axl, I love this shit, when is it coming out?' And he says, 'Like, 2012.'")

http://www.smh.com.au/news/gig-reviews/sebastian-bach/2008/05/15/1210765032448.html

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2008, 02:57:44 PM »

The four album plan makes me happy because it tells that Axl isn't just going along with the latest musical 'trend' with this material. Theres probably gonna be an epic underlying story/theme throughout the music and each album will tie each chapter together.

Don't get your panties in a bunch but IMHO American Idiot was a great album that carried a theme/story throughout each of the songs. If Axl can string a story along 4 albums I'll be so stoked.

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2008, 03:01:30 PM »

So he says, "Well, this song has to go with this song, and this song has to do with this,and this song is the end of the parable trilogy...." He's like George Lucas, Dude!

smell a concept trilogy. Cheesy

asd richard says three albums worth. guess each album carries 4/3(1+1/3) albums worth of material. 
mrbucketfoot
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2008, 03:09:11 PM »

Sorry, but Guns N' Roses doesn't do "concept" albums. If he's like George Lucas and knowing Axl's desire for perfection they'll be fully realized and epic.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2008, 03:12:38 PM »

Sorry, but Guns N' Roses doesn't do "concept" albums.

How you know what the band doesn't do?
mrbucketfoot
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2008, 03:44:10 PM »

Because I've listened to their prior albums and Axl is known for perfectionism. He said he'd quit making music altogether if he couldn't get the piano to sound the way that it did in his head for "November Rain" and common sense says that the first album(s) in 17 years by GNR would be fully realized.

Concept albums usually consist of having a big jam, playing around with sounds, filters, and mixing techniques. Then those ideas are used for a well-concieved, well-written "full" album. For example, the  band the White Stripes came out with 'Get Behind Me Satan' to average reviews because it's was a departure for the band, them dipping their toes in different waters. Then "Icky Thump" came out to rave reviews and fan adoration. It was a newer sound but followed The White Stripes' formula.

The point is Axl's a consummate professional. If he wanted to do a "concept" album, it would have come out a long time ago. Axl isn't stupid, he knows the hype the next GNR album faces and isn't going to put one out until he feels that it's something he's completely proud of.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2008, 03:58:29 PM »

Like axl would do the same thing again and again.

a big jam? My definition of concept album is from the likes of sgt peppers or king crimson.
loretian
VIP

It would take a lot more time than you...

« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2008, 04:27:09 PM »

Concept albums usually consist of having a big jam, playing around with sounds, filters, and mixing techniques. Then those ideas are used for a well-concieved, well-written "full" album. For example, the  band the White Stripes came out with 'Get Behind Me Satan' to average reviews because it's was a departure for the band, them dipping their toes in different waters. Then "Icky Thump" came out to rave reviews and fan adoration. It was a newer sound but followed The White Stripes' formula.

Yeah, I think your definition of concept album is pretty different than most people's.  For example, Pink Floyd The Wall is a concept album...  and while it does have lots of sounds, filters, and mixing techniques, it was not from a big jam session.  Concept album usually refers to the fact that the songs are all thematically linked together to tell a story or convey some sort of concept or thought.

I don't expect Chinese Democracy to be a concept album though, either.

If I start to break down, it's from the love that I've found
mrbucketfoot
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2008, 04:46:48 PM »

My bad. I guess I never quite had a name for albums like Sgt. Pepper and The Wall, except "grandiose, epic, etc.". Thanks for the correction.

I don't think that they'll be concept albums, but share many common themes. The songs that we've heard from "Chinese Democracy" seem to be about breakup, loss, frustration, anger, and redemption to me. I can see a thematic arc to the first album, but how the other ones fit, I'm not sure obviously.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2008, 04:50:36 PM by mrbucketfoot » Logged
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2008, 04:58:35 PM »

Maybe that is what some of the  negotiations are.......

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2008, 05:55:10 PM »

Damn!   Everytime he speaks about a song, I get more excited - and frustrated
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2008, 06:03:34 PM »

Maybe a "General" Tommy Stinson song  hihi

I Agree

HBK *

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: