Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:53:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Deanna Adler's Book 'Sweet Child of Mine: How I Lost My Son to Guns N? Roses'
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Deanna Adler's Book 'Sweet Child of Mine: How I Lost My Son to Guns N? Roses'  (Read 43967 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« on: May 30, 2008, 03:40:35 PM »

STEVEN ADLER'S MOM GETS READY TO FINISH TELL-ALL BOOK ABOUT HER SON

Posted on 05.5.2008

Deanna Adler, the mother of famed Gun?s and Roses drummer Steve Adler, is putting the finishing touches on a tell-all book about her son?s rise and fall in one of the biggest groups in the history of rock n roll. Deanna traces Steven?s life from the cradle to his ultimate rocker destiny. She relives her son?s life in the world of sex, drugs, and rock 'n roll.  The name of the book will be ?No Bed Of Roses.? Gun's and Rose's has sold more than 50 million records worldwide.

http://thevegaseye.com/home/2008/5/5/steven-adlers-mom-gets-ready-to-finish-tell-all-book-about-h.html

Is this the same book?

February 4th, 1998

Ex-Gn'R Drummer Adler Pens Tell-All Book

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/news/shownews.php?newsid=38
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 01:22:12 PM by FunkyMonkey » Logged

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2008, 04:02:48 PM »

probably, i would like to have this book though

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2008, 06:06:58 AM »

If she knew as much about his life, as my mom did mine ...

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2008, 02:07:39 AM »

It's definitely the same.  Years in the making, for whatever reason.  Should be interesting reading.  I'd buy it.   
pugdog1987
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2008, 05:32:42 PM »

This has gone from Steven writing a tell-all, to DaBrookman writing it for Steven, to Steven's mom's book.  He's been trying to do this since 1995, 13 years in the making?   hihi
JimBobTTD
Rocker

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2008, 05:43:05 PM »

Over a decade in the making, different people involved, the whole will it/won't come out thing...reminds me of something else!
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2008, 04:18:58 AM »

It's definitely the same.  Years in the making, for whatever reason.  Should be interesting reading.  I'd buy it.   

Lynn, I hate to differ, but my mom didn't have a clue. If one were to ask her what "moving wieght" meant, she would think the post office.

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2008, 07:38:31 PM »

STEVEN ADLER's Mother Selling 'Piece Of Rock Royalty Lifestyle' - June 15, 2008

According to this eBay listing, Deanna Adler ? the mother of original GUNS N' ROSES drummer Steven Adler ? is selling "a luxurious strip-view Las Vegas condominium . . . in the prime location of the prestigious Las Vegas Country Club, a place that Steven Adler could call 'home.' This is a truly exciting opportunity for anyone who wishes to not only live in the heart of Sin City, but to own a piece of and experience rock royalty lifestyle."

According to a posting on the eBay auction page, "Deanna is relocating to Los Angeles as she puts the finishing touches on the book 'No Bed of Roses', a much-anticipated tell-all which documents the rise of her son in the most exciting rock band of all time."

eBay link here: http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=99082

oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2008, 08:12:02 AM »

nice to see mom cashing in on her drug addict son; thats even worse than madonna's brothers tell all book about his sister Angry
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2008, 12:37:28 AM »

nice to see mom cashing in on her drug addict son; thats even worse than madonna's brothers tell all book about his sister Angry

agreed.....so Stevens MOM is going to write about his sex, drugs and rock n roll experience....wow thats pretty bad ass... Roll Eyes
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2008, 12:30:37 PM »

no

Thursday, Oct 30

Later this morning, editors will begin receiving a proposal from former Guns'N'Roses drummer Steven Adler for a memoir about his drug addiction and recovery called My Appetite for Destruction. But that's not all! It comes bundled with another memoir, this one written by his mother, which will be called Sweet Child Of Mine.

http://www.mediabistro.com/galleycat/buzzpr/if_theyd_waited_a_week_they_couldve_called_it_november_rain_99040.asp

dont_damn_me
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2008, 09:53:29 PM »

I saw Steve and his mom on Hard Copy like 10 years ago! and the booked seemed to be finished then! so i guess this is going to drag on even longer if steve is writing  a book now!!
heidisbcrich
Opening Act

« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2008, 03:23:13 AM »

I'm not a huge fan of his Mom. She has no idea that she needs help too. confused
Akasha
Banned
Opening Act

These Eyes!

« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2008, 03:43:13 AM »

hihi

Reminds me of the Classic SNL sketch when John Belushi reads the news and talks about the Irish contribution to society - potato famine, my Irish mother...

In this instance substitute Jewish for Irish.

(If anyone is offended by this just watch the sketch! It's funny! Personally I identify with the "Jewish Princess" Jeans sketch by Gilda..)

The one who can't recall.
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2008, 05:29:51 AM »

Yeah lets cash in on my son's drug problems by writing a book.  I can't believe what some people will do.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2008, 01:04:37 PM »

Yeah lets cash in on my son's drug problems by writing a book.  I can't believe what some people will do.
Everybody wants their piece of the pie it seems, but if the book has been in the making for so many years, it doesn't really seem to be about the money then Huh

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2009, 11:32:10 AM »

I urge you all to please not buy this book.

Adler's mom, excuse my language, is a cunt.  She throws her 11 year old son out and sends him in a downward spiral.  Now she wants to cash in??

Pplease don't let one dime of your money go to her.

Wait on his book.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2009, 08:10:27 AM »

I bet she is a big reason to why he got so fucked up no
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2009, 01:26:20 PM »

I urge you all to please not buy this book.

Adler's mom, excuse my language, is a cunt.  She throws her 11 year old son out and sends him in a downward spiral.  Now she wants to cash in??

Pplease don't let one dime of your money go to her.

Wait on his book.

We don't know that she really did that, though, do we?  That story is according to Steven.  Steven says a lot of things and blames a lot of people and situations for his downward spiral.     
y2marmar
Headliner

I love the chosen one...

« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2009, 12:22:37 PM »

I'm not buying it. It's awful, I think. SHe's just cashing in. She's not helping. If she wanted to help him, she wouldn't write a book. He needs help, not a book of his life.

Jean Claude Jaquatee...because you know who you are...when you're you
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: