Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 05:53:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227810 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Deanna Adler's Book 'Sweet Child of Mine: How I Lost My Son to Guns N? Roses'
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Deanna Adler's Book 'Sweet Child of Mine: How I Lost My Son to Guns N? Roses'  (Read 44329 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #40 on: March 04, 2012, 04:50:53 PM »

this annoys me and makes Steven look so uncool

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
uzi suicide records
Banned
Opening Act

« Reply #41 on: March 05, 2012, 12:11:03 AM »

well ill say this ....this is why no one wants him on the reunion tour,....HIS FN MOM!!!
Trist805
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #42 on: March 05, 2012, 08:45:10 PM »

Adler is a "momma's boy"  hihi
uzi suicide records
Banned
Opening Act

« Reply #43 on: March 14, 2012, 09:38:21 AM »

i know right, axl even said...theres dealing with stevens mom, wich is an issue.....but i will say in the cunts defense...lol.....they really fucked steven over, they handed him 2 grand and walking papers...lol hahahahah 2 thousand,...hahahaha...the court ordered gnr to pay him over 2.8 million,.....as well as future royalty earning potential.....come on now this guy played drums on the greatest r n roll album prolly of all time....axl has a tattoo of stevens skull on his arm....now idc what management did you dont just do that to somebody, they should have checked his ass into rehab took care of him and paid him fairly, wich when your axl rose thats not even that hard to do, an hour out of your day of money, women, and amazing rock n roll concerts
Trist805
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #44 on: March 15, 2012, 01:40:26 AM »

i know right, axl even said...theres dealing with stevens mom, wich is an issue.....but i will say in the cunts defense...lol.....they really fucked steven over, they handed him 2 grand and walking papers...lol hahahahah 2 thousand,...hahahaha...the court ordered gnr to pay him over 2.8 million,.....as well as future royalty earning potential.....come on now this guy played drums on the greatest r n roll album prolly of all time....axl has a tattoo of stevens skull on his arm....now idc what management did you dont just do that to somebody, they should have checked his ass into rehab took care of him and paid him fairly, wich when your axl rose thats not even that hard to do, an hour out of your day of money, women, and amazing rock n roll concerts

Yea, not saying Steven didn't fuck up...but the band totally tried to screw him out of his royalties (even when he WAS IN THE BAND!)  I love it that he sued them and won. hihi  He probably would be dead if he hadn't won that lawsuit...so MORE POWER TO HIM!!!! ok peace
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #45 on: March 16, 2012, 12:10:18 PM »

Yea, not saying Steven didn't fuck up...but the band totally tried to screw him out of his royalties (even when he WAS IN THE BAND!)  I love it that he sued them and won. hihi  He probably would be dead if he hadn't won that lawsuit...so MORE POWER TO HIM!!!! ok peace

That lawsuit and the royalties from it afforded him a life of directionless drug abuse for the next 20 years. I totally agree that he deserved the money and they tried to screw him. But I wouldn't say the money did him many favors.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Is he struggling?
Rocker

Why are you reading this?

« Reply #46 on: March 28, 2012, 05:36:22 PM »

Looks like this is it...it's actually being released through 4th Street Media.  Pre-order your copy here:

http://sweetchildbook.com/

Sweet Child of Mine

By Deanna Adler

Sweet Child of Mine:  How I Lost My Son to Guns N' Roses is the story of Deanna Adler, mother of legendary rock star and original G N' R drummer Steven Adler.  Deanna gives an honest and revealing look into a life beset by abuse and betrayal and what it was like raising a child who became a member of one of the greatest rock bands in history, and a heroin addict of equally epic proportions.  The book emotionally and enthrallingly details a mother's love for her infamous son, whose phenomenal success is surpassed only by his astounding capacity for self-destruction.

Sweet Child of Mine is the universal journey of a mother's devotion to her child, filled with moments of both profound joy and crippling heartache.  Deanna takes readers on a roller coaster ride through raising a troubled young boy who ultimately reached the pinnacle of fame and success, only to then be publicly branded a junkie and kicked out of his band in front of a television audience of millions; go on to endure continuing addiction, legal battles, financial ruin, two heart attacks, multiple suicide attempts, a debilitating stroke, and numerous stints in rehab.  But it is her courage and indomitable spirit that both educates and inspires, as she is living proof that devotion to family, a sense of humor, and faith in a higher power are the foundations for achieving peace and purpose in life.

Oh for christ sakes.... why do the Adlers keep peddling the stupid lie that Steven was kicked out of G n' R on live TV???  rant

It's been too long since you've had your ass kicked properly!:

www.reverbnation.com/papersun
Trist805
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #47 on: March 29, 2012, 03:35:53 AM »

Oh for christ sakes.... why do the Adlers keep peddling the stupid lie that Steven was kicked out of G n' R on live TV???  rant

Well it is kind of true.  There was a public comment made on TV instead of keeping it behind the scenes.
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #48 on: March 29, 2012, 09:57:44 AM »

Well it is kind of true.  There was a public comment made on TV instead of keeping it behind the scenes.

Yes, it was initially announced that Steven had quit the band. Then about a month later in an MTV interview airing before the Video Awards Axl said "Steven didn't quit, Steven was fired."

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Is he struggling?
Rocker

Why are you reading this?

« Reply #49 on: March 29, 2012, 05:04:16 PM »

Hmm, fair enough. Though surely the actual firing happened behind the scenes?
Yes, it was initially announced that Steven had quit the band. Then about a month later in an MTV interview airing before the Video Awards Axl said "Steven didn't quit, Steven was fired."

Fair enough, though surely the actual dismissal happened behind the scenes???

It's been too long since you've had your ass kicked properly!:

www.reverbnation.com/papersun
Trist805
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #50 on: March 30, 2012, 02:49:27 AM »

I still don't have much interest in reading this book.  Anyone actually read it?
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #51 on: March 31, 2012, 12:14:35 PM »

I don't think it's being released for a couple weeks yet. 
volcano62
VIP

I Am Inconquerable

« Reply #52 on: April 05, 2012, 11:21:46 AM »

I'm surprised either of them know how to read or write.

hihi

A Harper Paperback Original
From the mother of Guns N? Roses? original drummer Steven Adler, and in the bestselling tradition of Come Back and Augusta, Gone, comes her story of heartache and strength as she stood by her son at his most troubled times

Newsflash!!!! Adler was not the original GNR drummer  Roll Eyes

Montreal 1992
Quebec City 2006
Montreal 2010
Ottawa 2010
Quebec City 2013
Montreal 2013
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #53 on: April 05, 2012, 01:01:07 PM »

he is considered the original drummer because he plays on ALL 80s GN'R releases and also on all real drum demos. he IS the only drummer on AFD, period!

Re-Union time, baby!!
volcano62
VIP

I Am Inconquerable

« Reply #54 on: April 06, 2012, 08:48:32 PM »

he is considered the original drummer because he plays on ALL 80s GN'R releases and also on all real drum demos. he IS the only drummer on AFD, period!

Rob Gardner is GNR's original drummer whether he recorded or not.

Rob Gardner is an American musician best known as the drummer for the original lineups of L.A. Guns and Guns N' Roses while he was briefly the drummer for Hollywood Rose.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rob_Gardner_(musician)

With that said Adler is part of the "classic" GNR lineup.

Montreal 1992
Quebec City 2006
Montreal 2010
Ottawa 2010
Quebec City 2013
Montreal 2013
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #55 on: April 12, 2012, 05:09:02 AM »

i stand by my word that people (meaning about 99%) consider Adler being the original drummer as he is on all 80s Guns releases.

Re-Union time, baby!!
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #56 on: April 13, 2012, 10:46:20 PM »

i stand by my word that people (meaning about 99%) consider Adler being the original drummer as he is on all 80s Guns releases.

Back in the day, before AFD came out, some people thought the world was flat.

Just because a majority thinks something, doesn't necessarily make it right.

In the strict sense of the word original, he isn't.

o?rig?i?nal/əˈrijənl/
Adjective:   
Used or produced at the creation or earliest stage of something.

He wasn't there when Guns N' Roses was formed.

So when you call him the original, you're making a mistake. If you want to be correct about it, which I'm sure you would since you're such a huge fan of that era, you should make it more clear that you don't mean original in the true sense of the word.

Is he the most recognized drummer? Yes, probably.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 10:48:05 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #57 on: April 13, 2012, 11:29:07 PM »

Serious question cause I don't know the answer

how many gigs did Traci and Ole play with Guns N Roses?

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #58 on: April 14, 2012, 01:35:59 PM »

Arguing that Steven Adler isn't the original drummer is akin to arguing that Ringo Starr isn't the original Beatles drummer.  Only someone obsessed with arguing semantics -- not to mention discrediting Steven (or Ringo for that matter) -- would vehemently assert that Steven isn't the original drummer.  And you're not accomplishing a damn thing by stating that he isn't the original drummer, other than making your fruitlessly argumentative voices heard.

As far as the world is concerned, Steven IS the original drummer -- he is credited with cowriting and recording Guns "original" album -- and the fact that the majority of GNR fans view him as such DOES matter.  Those few of you stating otherwise can argue the "definition" of the word "original" until your face turns blue, and the dead horse you're beating turns black.

Rob Gardner?  Not an original GNR member.  He's a preliminary member at best, which every band goes through before cementing an "original" lineup.  Few even remember him and fewer will care.  Slash even talked in his book about how Gardner didn't fit in and "wasn't one of us" so he called Steven to replace him.

Notwithstanding the 2 or 3 people on this website who are intent at trying to draw blood from a stone, as far as rock n roll history is concerned, Steven Adler will go to his grave as the rightfully recognized "original" drummer in Guns N Roses.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 01:44:07 PM by Bridge » Logged
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #59 on: April 14, 2012, 01:43:33 PM »

If you know what the word means, and you use it in an incorrect way, then the word loses it's meaning.

Nobody's discrediting anybody.

Just pointing out FACTS.

Look at how Wikipedia writes about Ringo:

Richard Starkey, MBE (born 7 July 1940) better known by his stage name Ringo Starr, is an English musician and actor who gained worldwide fame as the drummer for the Beatles. When the band formed in 1960, Starr was a member of another Liverpool band, Rory Storm and the Hurricanes. He became the Beatles' drummer in August 1962, taking the place of Pete Best.

All that is correct.

Doesn't say "original" because he wasn't.

And Steven:

Steven Adler (born Michael Coletti; January 22, 1965) is an American musician. He is best known as the former drummer of the hard rock band Guns N' Roses, with whom he achieved worldwide success in the late 1980s

and:

In June 1985, Adler joined Guns N' Roses, which was newly founded by Axl Rose, Izzy Stradlin, and several members of L.A. Guns.

Also true.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 01:47:01 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: