Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 06:34:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227788 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Powerslam Predictions
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Powerslam Predictions  (Read 77936 times)
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« on: June 04, 2008, 03:48:23 PM »

Gnrfan came to me with an idea for a BRAND NEW wrestling game.  One that can have an unlimited number of players and is so very simple, yet fun.

He made the point that seemingly when every event comes around we make predictions, so why not make a game out of it?

So put simply you sign up to this game, and when a WWE PPV comes around, you PM myself your picks.  You don't post your picks in this thread because you don't want anyone copying now do you?  Obviously I will not be playing, I'll just run the game.

Now simply making a pick is very simple, so to keep things entertaining, points will be awarded for a variety of different things.

1) Predict the winner.  You can go with either wrestler or predict a draw.

2) Predict the method of victory; Pinfall, Submission, Count Out, No Contest, Disqualification.  (In a match where only 1 method is possible i.e. Last Man Standing points will not be awarded).  For this to count you have to predict the correct wrestler, then these points are a bonus on top.  For example, if you predict Edge to win via pinfall, and he loses via pinfall you will not get pinfall points.

3) Predict the order of the matches on the card, obviously if a match is added during the event or after all the predicitions have been PM'd to me by the deadline that added match will not be taken into account. (See No.4 for subsequent rule..)

*New Rules from GAB onwards:

4) Points will be awarded for every individual match you get correct on the card to.

5) Predict the correct person to be pinned in a match where there are multiple choices, for instance in a tag match which tag member will do the job, or in a triple threat, who will be pinned/submitted, or Fatal Four Way and who will be doin the pinning.  Or in an Elimination Match (For instance a Chamber, who will eliminate who)

**New Rules from Unforgiven onwards:

6) "Bell to Bell" Inteference.  You can, for any match predict someone who will run down, appear during the match, to caush distraction, or physical harm.  People showing up before the match starts (i.e. managers) won't count since everyone knows the like of Tony Atlas will be there at ringside helping Henry.  Also being "Bell to Bell" anyone who turns up for an after the match beatdown won't count either.  Remember it's (+5) for a correct prediction and (-5) for an incorrect one and we only want you to list who is getting involved in the match, there is no need to breakdown into detail.

So the scoring is as follows:

1) Winner: 10 points
2) Method: 5 points
3) Correct order of all matches: 30 points
4) Get a match's position on the card correct: 2 points
5) Who's laying down/Who is doing the pinning: 2 points/2 points
6) Bell to Bell Inteference (Correct/Incorrect): +5 points/-5 points

Current Leaderboard
1. Mr Cowbell = 567
2. Izzy = 528
3. A Private Eye = 515
4. BlowUpYourVideo = 481
5. Evolution = 472
6. slash666 = 470
7. Gnrfan = 453
8. D = 438
9. Jim = 372
10. w.axl.rose = 300

11. Axl4Life = 274
12. high_times = 208
13. Plitt-Mania = 114
14. McGann = 45

WWE Champ by the end of November Predictions (50 Pointer):
Chris Jericho ? Axl4Life
John Cena ? BlowUpYourVideo, high_times, Izzy, Gnrfan, D, A Private Eye, Evolution
Edge ? slash666
Triple H ? Mr Cowbell
Undertaker ? Jim, McGann
Randy Orton ? w.axl.rose
Jeff Hardy ? Plitt-Mania
« Last Edit: December 14, 2008, 07:53:11 PM by Hammy » Logged
Axl4Life
VIP

It's an Irish thing...the Guinness that is...

« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2008, 04:19:04 PM »

Cool, count me in dude. The majority of us post our predictions on who will win at every ppv anyways, so it is only fitting that we make it a little more interesting by making a proper game out of it.

In my opinion, the time limit one seems like too much bother though for the person that is keeping score. I suggest getting rid of that and adding in another stipulation on how a wrestler may win via interference eg, Edge wins with help of La Familia.

Love the pic btw.  hihi

"For an organisation which is crying out for new headliners (and the experienced, talented and over Matt Hardy is as qualified as anyone else in the mid card zone for a promotion)" - Fin Martin
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2008, 06:48:51 PM »

Sounds good to me.  ok smoking

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
Evolution
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2008, 06:55:32 PM »

Count me in.
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2008, 09:00:02 PM »

I suggest getting rid of the time limit one too, but its great that people seem up for it. I think its important to keep the first game as simple as possible and just like the other game we can add to the rules as we go because no one will be at a disadvantage. And the great thing is you can run the game points wise and percentage wise . . if new people want to join.

You could do the interference thing but there would have to be some penalty if they didn't run in!

Definatly count me in

Oh and Hammy if you wanna play you should just email me you picks. Its only a bit of fun and it would be a shame for one if not the biggest fan in here not to play. Plus i wanna beat you  ok

so is gonna run from period to period or are we gonna keep a overall percentage score (or both) coz if you do it period to period there could even be that winners prize we talked about peace

I'm Gonna Buy A Gun And Start A War
If You Can Tell Me Something Worth Fighting For
[/color]

Get on your Dancing Shoes
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2008, 09:43:10 PM »

im in
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2008, 09:49:30 PM »

im in as well
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2008, 11:33:15 PM »

definitely in

Time limit is maybe something to go. On PPV almost every match is over 10 anyway

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2008, 11:58:01 PM »

definitely in

Time limit is maybe something to go. On PPV almost every match is over 10 anyway

you would be surprized by how many matches from the time the bell rings are under 10 minutes.  smoking

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2008, 01:59:17 AM »

i'm in smoking

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2008, 09:41:38 AM »

I'm in too.

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
A Private Eye
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2008, 02:01:12 PM »

Yeah go on I'll have a bash at it.

If Carlsberg made GNR and VR forums.............they'd probably have made www.gnrevolution.com
McGann
Haiku writing motherfucker
VIP

My hat is HEAVY-DUTY tinfoil

« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2008, 02:11:37 PM »

Sounds like a good time!
Yes, you may count McGann IN!!!
Let's snap into it!!!   hihi

Splash

/Mike

"When fascism came to America, it was called 'Political Correctness' and waved a culturally relative flag."
-Mike McGann
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2008, 03:37:36 PM »

Of Course I am in, With the lack of "talent" split into 3 WWE Brands I need a little something else to kick up wrestling for me.

Cowbell is in.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2008, 04:49:30 PM »

im in!

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2008, 05:43:57 PM »

I'm in Smiley

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2008, 06:13:50 PM »

Yeah, go on then.

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2008, 06:41:44 PM »

All i gotta ask is:

Who's finishing second?

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2008, 11:23:53 AM »

It's great the amount of people we have had sign up, hopefully the remaining wwe game members will join up to.

Because there is only one PPV a month, except for the odd exception, the plan is to run until Armageddon, hopefully by then we'll have a feel of things and what is and isn't working.  With the amount of people who have signed up, if anyone wants to join mid game then they are free to but obviously they will be considerably behind.

Just like in the WWE Game there will be a prize at the end for the winner, I'm holding out for all the UK Players to do well to save me shipping costs Cheesy So thread veterans like Izzy and Evolution, i'm looking at you guys.

Also, people often complain about spoilers and how predictable things are, but we know WWE struggles to think more than a few months ahead so when you PM your predictions for Night of Champions there will also be a "Long Term" prediction you will have to make, worth 50 points to the winner.  And that is to say who you believe will be WWE Champion by the end of November.

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2008, 05:11:23 PM »

Right we are about 1 match (IC Title) off the card for Night of Champions being complete (I think).  Well there's the Diva's Belt to, so....2 then.

Assuming it's announced on the Draft RAW, you can then all send your picks to me following that, as long as your picks are in before the PPV starts it's all good, remember you are PM'ing them to me, don't post them in this thread, if you make any mistakes or leave out picks I'll PM you back as soon as poss, but you are obviously responsible and should check to make sure it's complete in time.

So you are guessing match winner, method of victory and the order of the matches on the card, you are also sending your choice for who you believe will be WWE Champ at the end of November.

Example:

WWE Champ will be John Cena.

Triple H defeats John Cena via pinfall. (etc.)

Match Order: Diva's Title, World Tag Title, WWE Tag Title, IC Title, Women's Title, World Title, ECW Title, WWE Title.

*Also for the World Tag Title match you are picking Ted Dibiase & Mystery Partner or Holly and Rhodes, no "Cody turns predictions", keep it simple. Wink

Enjoy!
« Last Edit: June 17, 2008, 05:34:30 PM by Hammy » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: