Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 03:36:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227819 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  steven adler confirmed for Celebrity Rehab 2
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: steven adler confirmed for Celebrity Rehab 2  (Read 33726 times)
guns_n_motley
« on: June 10, 2008, 12:43:34 PM »

Former GUNS N' ROSES Drummer STEVEN ADLER Confirmed For Second Season Of 'Celebrity Rehab' - June 10, 2008 

Former GUNS N' ROSES drummer Steven Adler and WHITESNAKE vocalist David Coverdale's ex-wife Tawny Kitaen are among the celebrity patients undergoing detoxification and treatment at a center in the Los Angeles area on the second season of the hit reality series "Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew". The series, consisting of eight one-hour episodes, is slated to premiere October 2008 on VH1.

Similar to the first cycle, the second season of "Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew" will follow Jeff Conaway as he checks back into rehab after a series of back surgeries, setbacks and subsequent reliance on pain medications. Joining him in rehab are Sean Stewart ("Sons of Hollywood"), Amber Smith (model/actress), Rodney King, Nikki McKibbon ("American Idol"), Adler and Kitaen. Gary Busey, who is 13 years sober from his cocaine addiction, will also be joining the cast to take the journey with the others and to share his experiences on the recovery process.

The series will chronicle the patients' intensive 21-day program with both group and one-on-one therapy and non-traditional therapies like art and music. Returning to the show to help Dr. Drew are drug counselor Bob Forrest and resident technician Shelly Sprague who have each spent years on both sides of the rehab fence. Dr. Drew is also bringing in some additional prominent physicians to help him give the patients supplementary one-on-one care. The patients' families will also be more involved with their recovery programs and, in some cases, will receive treatment themselves. After they completed the program, the patients will be strongly encouraged to continue their treatment in a sober living facility or treatment center for at least three months at VH1's expense. 

Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2008, 01:18:35 PM »

Spending 10 minutes with Gary Busey would be enough to scare me straight from any type of substance.  Watching him talk is like going on the worst acid trip you can imagine. 

This show is fucking ridiculous though.........rehab = the most useless shit possible.  The only thing my friend ever got out of his rehab stint was more connections.

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
izzbo
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2008, 05:25:48 PM »

The only thing my friend ever got out of his rehab stint was more connections.

So true. If you go to rehab and don't really want to get clean you end up sitting around with a bunch of junkies talking about getting high and exchange numbers. Once you get out, you give them a call and now you have one more connection than you had before. But I do believe that rehab is helpful for people who really want to quit.

-= iZzBo =-
alejoyp
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2008, 10:21:15 PM »

Pathetic...  no
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2008, 12:38:38 AM »

Spending 10 minutes with Gary Busey would be enough to scare me straight from any type of substance.  Watching him talk is like going on the worst acid trip you can imagine. 

This show is fucking ridiculous though.........rehab = the most useless shit possible.  The only thing my friend ever got out of his rehab stint was more connections.
Is Gary Busey completely sober for the last 13 years or just sober from cocaine?  He's had to have been on SOMETHING all this time.  Or maybe that's just the effects of all the drugs he's consumed in his lifetime.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2008, 01:41:25 AM »

Steven....STOP dragging the Guns N Roses name into shitty fucking reality shows.....Steven is a shit drummer...who struck gold by being in a band with 4 brilliant musicians....
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2008, 05:57:08 AM »

Steven....STOP dragging the Guns N Roses name into shitty fucking reality shows.....Steven is a shit drummer...who struck gold by being in a band with 4 brilliant musicians....

And what drug are you on?
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2008, 07:26:00 AM »

nonsense...

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
Wheres Izzy
I smoke my cigarette with style
VIP

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2008, 07:28:39 AM »

Steven was far from a shit drummer. He is incredibly desperate for it to be 1988 tho. He needs attention bad which is a shame. Hope he's at least getting paid to be on the show.

Can you imagine, for a second, doing
anything just 'cuz you want to?
Well, that's just what I do so hooray for me and fuck you
pugdog1987
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2008, 11:45:53 AM »

So funny that he has to go to rehab again - his camp has been saying for the last how many years that he is sober?  Poor guy is not going to get sober in 21 days in front of the camera - and how embarrassing? 
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2008, 11:51:26 AM »

I'm ashamed to admit it, but the *only* reason I would consider watching that show is for any insight Steven would offer on his GnR days.  In spite of the circumstances, hopefully it will help him come closer in some ways to conquering his demons...
DeadHorse
Rocker

Where's my cinder block

« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2008, 01:50:21 PM »

There is no hope for this guy at all. And to have the G n' R name now associated with a reality t.v show,  Sad

Books are useless! I only ever read one book, ?To Kill A Mockingbird,? and it gave me absolutely no insight on how to kill mockingbirds.
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2008, 03:00:41 PM »

I'm glad Adler is doing this show. might get him some publicity.

He's a good guy. Wish he would drum somewhere.

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2008, 11:36:15 PM »

Is Gary Busey completely sober for the last 13 years or just sober from cocaine?  He's had to have been on SOMETHING all this time.  Or maybe that's just the effects of all the drugs he's consumed in his lifetime.

Nah dude, he had that motorcycle accident like 8 years ago and suffered some head trauma from it and has been fucking crazy ever since.

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
JimBobTTD
Rocker

« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2008, 02:14:46 AM »

The whole idea is disgusting. How could anyone want to package up rehab as some kind of entertainment? The offer of "treatment in a sober living facility or treatment center for at least three months at VH1's expense" doesn't cancel out the bad taste in the mouth this show gives. If there is a Hell, the producers are without a doubt going there.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2008, 11:44:49 AM »

All I can say is just WOW

I really hope u arent this ignorant as it pertains to GNR.

He is still THE BEST drummer GNR have ever had.

I think u  need to put your copy of AFD on again and listen to the amazing, out of this world drumming by Adler.

He is one of only a handful of drummers who adds to songs instead of just keeping the beat and doing fills.

If u listen closely to Appetite, he has a melody and a HOOKY style of playing drums. I find myself SINGING his drum parts and he also gave GNR that swingy feel that no one has been able to duplicate yet.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2008, 10:36:32 AM »

The whole idea is disgusting. How could anyone want to package up rehab as some kind of entertainment? The offer of "treatment in a sober living facility or treatment center for at least three months at VH1's expense" doesn't cancel out the bad taste in the mouth this show gives.

Agreed.  I've rolled my eyes at the very idea of this show. 

However, lame as it is, I know I'll be checking in on this show, this fall, just to watch Adler......just out of curiosity.   
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2008, 01:08:26 PM »

The whole idea is disgusting. How could anyone want to package up rehab as some kind of entertainment? The offer of "treatment in a sober living facility or treatment center for at least three months at VH1's expense" doesn't cancel out the bad taste in the mouth this show gives.

Agreed.  I've rolled my eyes at the very idea of this show. 

However, lame as it is, I know I'll be checking in on this show, this fall, just to watch Adler......just out of curiosity.   
I watched the show last year and enjoyed it fully.  Not sure what you're getting at.  The show isn't just for entertainment purposes.  They're REAL doctors helping REAL people with REAL problems.  It's a legit treatment program.  Granted some of the people are there for exposure, but that doesn't mean that they don't need help and this show may just provide that.  Jeff Conaway was a total mess going into the show last year.  By the time he left you could definitely see serious progress.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
JimBobTTD
Rocker

« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2008, 02:28:54 PM »

Whether the treatment is legit or not is not being questioned. It's the idea of showing it for entertainment purposes which rubs me the wrong way. And yes, it is just for entertainment purposes. This is not an educational documentary, it is voyeurism at its very worst.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2008, 05:34:11 PM »

But if it's actually helping people, which it is, what's the big deal?  If it wasn't for entertainment purposes, the "celebrities" may not have gone to rehab.  They find this as an opportuninty for a little exposure and more importantly, cleaning up their life.  I really don't see the problem with that.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: