Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 10:25:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227819 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  steven adler confirmed for Celebrity Rehab 2
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: steven adler confirmed for Celebrity Rehab 2  (Read 33730 times)
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2008, 07:52:05 AM »

But if it's actually helping people, which it is, what's the big deal?  If it wasn't for entertainment purposes, the "celebrities" may not have gone to rehab.  They find this as an opportuninty for a little exposure and more importantly, cleaning up their life.  I really don't see the problem with that.

I can see your point, and I agree with it.  However, I think there's a potential problem if the participants are more focused on the "exposure" part, and are less concerned with cleaning up.   If that were the case, then I would find the whole thing sad and manipulative, both on the  part of the participants and those responsible for the show.   As curious as I am about Adler, I don't know that I'll take a look.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2008, 09:05:49 AM »

But if it's actually helping people, which it is, what's the big deal?  If it wasn't for entertainment purposes, the "celebrities" may not have gone to rehab.  They find this as an opportuninty for a little exposure and more importantly, cleaning up their life.  I really don't see the problem with that.

I can see your point, and I agree with it.  However, I think there's a potential problem if the participants are more focused on the "exposure" part, and are less concerned with cleaning up.   If that were the case, then I would find the whole thing sad and manipulative, both on the  part of the participants and those responsible for the show.   As curious as I am about Adler, I don't know that I'll take a look.
All I can say is I watched the show last year and to me, it seemed like it helped most of the people on the show a great deal.  Daniel Baldwin appeared to be on the show clearly for exposure reasons but he left midway through the treatment claiming that the environment wasn't good for his sobriety.  He came into the show sober for many months to act as a father figure to the others as he had been through rehab successfully before.  Again though, the others on the show took it all seriously and received much needed help along the way.  I will be watching for sure, very good show.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2008, 11:04:14 AM »

This guy is so sad... no

fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2008, 05:12:34 AM »

Anonymity is crucial to any rehab. I wish the dude luck.

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2008, 12:30:25 AM »

Steven....STOP dragging the Guns N Roses name into shitty fucking reality shows.....Steven is a shit drummer...who struck gold by being in a band with 4 brilliant musicians....

And what drug are you on?

its called reality my friend....I think we can use a little more cowbell Steven! oh wait hes been in a drug induced coma since the late 80's he can't hear me.....I can not believe that some of you still defend this asshole who was completely selfish and almost ruined the great thing GNR had going...music was always secondary to this douche...

my main problem is that he keeps doing these types of shows that only pathetic hasbeens like Jani Lane or the guys from Great White woudl be on...and he brings the Guns N Roses band name with him on these shows....lets see a band he was in for 4 years and has been out of for almost 20...hmmm
« Last Edit: July 02, 2008, 12:35:28 AM by Plitt-Mania » Logged
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2008, 10:39:35 PM »

STEVEN ADLER Rumored For 'Celebrity Rehab' Spinoff 'Sober Living' - July 7, 2008

According to the New York Post, former GUNS N' ROSES drummer Steven Adler and CRAZY TOWN singer Seth "Shifty" Binzer are among the "celebrities" who have been approached to participate in the proposed VH1 "Celebrity Rehab" spinoff called "Sober Living".

The show, which would be a cross between "Surreal Life" and "The Real World", would put a number of "Celebrity Rehab" alumni together in a luxurious Beverly Hills mansion for 30 days while they try to rebuild their careers without drugs and alcohol.

Like "Celebrity Rehab", the new show would prominently feature Dr. Drew Pinsky ("Loveline"), who oversees the celebs during their stints in televised rehab.

Filming on the show could begin as early as next week, although VH1 has yet to give the project a thumbs-up.

Steven Adler last month underwent detoxification and treatment at a center in the Los Angeles area on the second season of the hit reality series "Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew". The series, consisting of eight one-hour episodes, is slated to premiere October 2008 on VH1.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=100452

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2008, 11:34:01 PM »

Wouldn't they approach ALL of the "celebrities" that appear on Celebrity Rehab 2?  That's the point of rehab, so you can go on to sober living.  Seth was on last years show, is he back for a repeat?  That's one show you don't want to make a return appearance on.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
sexkitten
On the Nightrain
VIP

« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2008, 11:43:10 PM »

Are you guys fucking kidding me...Steven Adler and Tawny kitaen...you bet your ass I'm going to tivo every episode!  It will be the best thing on t.v.!  I can't wait! Hell Yeah!
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2008, 11:45:42 PM »

Are you guys fucking kidding me...Steven Adler and Tawny kitaen...you bet your ass I'm going to tivo every episode!  It will be the best thing on t.v.!  I can't wait! Hell Yeah!
It is quality programming.  Even though some people don't agree with it.  I watched every episode from last season.  It's not gonna be the same without Jeff Conaway though.  Nobody can match his greatness as a drug addict.  I think the show did him some good though, he seemed sober the last couple times I saw him interviewed.

sexkitten
On the Nightrain
VIP

« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2008, 11:51:03 PM »

It is quality programming.  Even though some people don't agree with it.  I watched every episode from last season.  It's not gonna be the same without Jeff Conaway though.  Nobody can match his greatness as a drug addict.  I think the show did him some good though, he seemed sober the last couple times I saw him interviewed.

LOL!  I watched every episode of last season too!  Jeff was the bomb!  No pun intended.  I literally laughed out loud every time I watched it. He was priceless!
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2008, 11:59:01 PM »

LOL!  I watched every episode of last season too!  Jeff was the bomb!  No pun intended.  I literally laughed out loud every time I watched it. He was priceless!
I laughed at some of the ridiculousness too.  Jeff was so F'ed up when he first got there.  That scene where he's talking and you can kind of make out what he's saying but then all of a sudden it become unintelligible and he goes on for like 2 more minutes.  Then he stops and Chyna tells him he's gonna have to repeat that because nobody understood a word he said.  He was a MESS.  A lot of it was sad though.  They tugged at my heart strings from time to time.  I'm man enough to admit it.

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2008, 08:03:46 PM »

Ex-GUNS N' ROSES Drummer STEVEN ADLER Confirms VH1 'Sober Living' Rumors; Video Available - July 15, 2008

Lynn Hernandez of Tulsa, Oklahoma's 97.5 KMOD radio station conducted an interview with former GUNS N' ROSES drummer Steven Adler at this past weekend's (July 9-13) Rocklahoma festival in Pryor, Oklahoma. Watch the seven-minute chat below.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=100949

bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2008, 10:05:11 PM »

He appears to be little more than a shadow of his former self in that video.   I wish him the best, and hope things turn around for him. 
Rapunzel
Yes, I will probably get banned again.
Banned
Rocker

Are you good looking?

« Reply #33 on: July 16, 2008, 04:01:40 AM »

He can still play the cowbell, can't he!   Tongue  Smiley
« Last Edit: July 16, 2008, 04:33:41 AM by Rapunzel » Logged

It is only with the heart that one can see rightly.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #34 on: October 08, 2008, 09:10:50 PM »

STEVEN ADLER Featured In New ALTER BRIDGE Video - Oct. 8, 2008

Former GUNS N' ROSES drummer Steven Adler is featured in ALTER BRIDGE's new video for the song "Watch Over You", which is cut with scenes from VH1's "Celebrity Rehab 2" show.

Adler in June underwent detoxification and treatment at a center in the Los Angeles area on the second season of the hit reality series "Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew". The series, consisting of eight one-hour episodes, is slated to premiere this month on VH1.

The drummer was ordered by a judge in August to remain in rehab while he awaited a preliminary hearing on a felony charge of drug possession and a misdemeanor count of being under the influence of drugs.

Adler was arrested around 4 a.m. on July 18 by officers called to a home where a man reportedly was creating a disturbance and refusing to leave.

The warrant stems from a 2005 case where Adler was charged for being under the influence of a controlled substance and driving on a suspended license. He then sealed his fate by missing a court date in April of 2006.

The drummer told Lynn Hernandez of Tulsa, Oklahoma's 97.5 KMOD radio station at the Rocklahoma festival about a week before his arrest that he was planning on being part of the cast of "Sober Living", a spin-off of VH1's "Celebrity Rehab".

"Sober Living", which was described as a cross between "Surreal Life" and "The Real World", would put a number of "Celebrity Rehab" alumni together in a luxurious Beverly Hills mansion for 30 days while they try to rebuild their careers without drugs and alcohol, according to the New York Post.

Like "Celebrity Rehab", the new show would prominently feature Dr. Drew Pinsky ("Loveline"), who oversees the celebs during their stints in televised rehab.

Video: http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=106487

mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #35 on: October 09, 2008, 08:00:33 AM »

Fuck you guys. The Cowbell rules, Cowbell has given me many hours of song joy.

Ill make sure any music im involved in has Cowbell, and im only the bass player.

html sucks
Killingmachine
Headliner

Guns n' Fuckin' Roses

« Reply #36 on: October 09, 2008, 11:12:48 AM »

Like it or not, this is a good way to Rehab. Good Luck Popcorn.  ok
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #37 on: October 11, 2008, 08:00:58 PM »

'Celebrity Rehab' Featuring STEVEN ADLER, DAVID COVERDALE's Ex-Wife; Premier Date Announced - Oct. 9, 2008

VH1 has once again partnered with Dr. Drew Pinsky for a second season of the hit reality series "Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew". The series, consisting of eight one-hour episodes, is slated to premiere Thursday, October 23 at 10pm.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=106533

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #38 on: October 11, 2008, 08:01:56 PM »

STEVEN ADLER, DAVID COVERDALE's Ex-Wife Featured In 'Celebrity Rehab' Super-Trailer - Oct. 10, 2008

A five-minute "super-trailer" for second season of the hit reality series "Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew" can be viewed below. The series, consisting of eight one-hour episodes, is slated to premiere Thursday, October 23 at 10:00 p.m. on VH1.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=106656

Dead N' Bloated
Legend

Too many times to make it home.

« Reply #39 on: October 12, 2008, 06:21:35 AM »

I wish Steve would just get his shit together and start an original band. That Junkie has been living onm the GN'R coatails for so long. He is such a talented Muso and could do so much be wants to live in the past.

Come on Steven, Grow up man. you are a Rocker, you can do it, bro.  ok

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD