Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 09:55:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227819 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  steven adler confirmed for Celebrity Rehab 2
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: steven adler confirmed for Celebrity Rehab 2  (Read 33729 times)
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #60 on: October 28, 2008, 11:51:35 AM »

I never knew that he was still a messed up as this, its a pretty hideous sight. Who can  blame Slash for not asking him to play, there comes a point where you just have to walk away from a junkie and let them find go whatever path they choose. Adler has had umpteen chances to clean himself up and the bonus of being set up for life financially and yet he still wont walk away from the needle.
He is never going to change, a 20 year habit is not an easy thing to give up and I dont think he has the complete desire to leave it behind for good. He doesnt seem like the kind of person who could stay clean and be strong enough to witness drugs and alcohol being used near him, if he ever does get clean,  and not instantly fall off the wagon.

Like you, Olorin, I didn't realise that Steven was currently in such a state, but I agree that it's no-one else's responsibility but his own to get himself clean.  I may have had some harsh words for Slash recently but I don't blame him one little bit if he wishes to keep his distance from such destructive behaviour.  Sadly, I don't see a happy ending for Steven. 

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
crazycheryl
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #61 on: October 29, 2008, 02:30:28 PM »

Don't know if I'm posting in the right section but did anyone watch the premiere? He is really in bad shape man. But he is so lovable and funny. The other thing - did he have a stroke or something? He really mumbles when he talks - it seems like his speech is effected. Sometimes I couldn't understand him.

but I had to laugh when he had to smoke a joint on the way to the rehab center after being hospitalized for nine days. The joint part is funny! he was yelling out the windows and everything and all the people in the van were like ok whatever.

Puking doesn't make me horny.
babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #62 on: October 30, 2008, 08:41:41 AM »

saw a clip, dont know when this is on over here (UK) - man oh man.  steven is in a far worse state than when i last saw him interviewed.
I hope he gets the help he needs, but a reality show may not be the place to do it.  Quite desperately sad really.  Can only hope he deals with has past demons - coz he wont be able to move on at all if he doesnt.  be proud of your past acheivements with GnR, Steven, but move on.
its pretty amazing he's still with us...
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #63 on: October 30, 2008, 11:37:37 PM »

He actually seemed a lot better to me in episode 2.  Especially if you compare him some of the other people on the show.  Some are just a mess that can't be helped much, others are struggling.  Steven does seem like a really good guy, hopefully he can right himself once and for all.  I didn't give him much of a chance after seeing the first episode, but this weeks seemed like a step in the right direction.

And, not to poke fun at Steven's scary dream he had, but I think he might be onto the makings of a song there.  "You think it hurts now, you ain't felt nothing yet."  Think about.  Noodle with that Steven, you might be onto something.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #64 on: October 31, 2008, 12:53:11 AM »

I'm STILL waiting for FunkyMonkey to post Steven's parts.

Roll Eyes

Grin
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #65 on: October 31, 2008, 01:23:13 AM »

He does look better.  Wink

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=169850044&blogID=444963416

Oct. 30, 2008

Former GUNS N' ROSES drummer Steven Adler was the featured guest on the nationally syndicated "Loveline" radio show this past Tuesday night (October 28) with hosts Stryker and Dr. Drew Pinsky.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #66 on: October 31, 2008, 04:19:41 PM »

Dr. Drew's Recap: Episode 2

http://www.vh1.com/video/play.jhtml?id=1597877&vid=293013

Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #67 on: November 01, 2008, 01:25:52 AM »

I just watched for first time this last week, it really is so sad, I knew that he had had a stroke previously,  he certainly does not look like the Steven we see in early Guns videos.  no  I am under the impression he has never gotten over his termination from the band, which has been a contributing factor to his on-going addictions. Sad I am not convinced he will ever clean up, but miracles do happen Undecided

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
Pine Barrens
« Reply #68 on: November 02, 2008, 04:59:49 PM »

I just watched for first time this last week, it really is so sad, I knew that he had had a stroke previously,  he certainly does not look like the Steven we see in early Guns videos.  no  I am under the impression he has never gotten over his termination from the band, which has been a contributing factor to his on-going addictions. Sad I am not convinced he will ever clean up, but miracles do happen Undecided

He definitely needs to let go of the notion of reuniting with his former band if he wants to get clean. It obviously keeps him from moving on with his life and feeling good about wherre he's at and what he could have in his life instead.

Steven was great for Appetite-era GN'R, but I was never in awe of his skills behind the drums, but seeing him on this show truly makes me want for him to get clean, let go of his past and have some steady success musically. But as you said, the doubt is definitely there...
Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #69 on: November 03, 2008, 09:03:35 AM »

Watched another episode yesterday, he keeps saying he wants his best friend "Slash" back!!!

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
lostdream
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #70 on: November 03, 2008, 02:56:35 PM »

It?s so sad. Slash, if he?s able to get his shit togehter, let him drum on your solo-album!!

And if it?s only 1 song!!!

...We take for granted we know the whole story. We judge a book by its cover and read what we want between selected lines...
IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

Out of the shadows, into...Hell?

« Reply #71 on: November 03, 2008, 03:22:28 PM »

Keith Moon, John Bonham, Jimi Hendrix, Kurt Cobain...is Steven next?  Not for lack of trying on his part...Maybe Rick Allen could help him out?  I feel bad for Steve, but have to turn my head and walk away.

"I have no comment, for the record, but don't quote me on that"
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #72 on: November 03, 2008, 03:44:48 PM »

Keith Moon, John Bonham, Jimi Hendrix, Kurt Cobain...is Steven next?  Not for lack of trying on his part...Maybe Rick Allen could help him out?  I feel bad for Steve, but have to turn my head and walk away.

he won't have the same legacy as them unfortuneatly
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #73 on: November 03, 2008, 05:39:42 PM »

Watched another episode yesterday, he keeps saying he wants his best friend "Slash" back!!!

Adler, the Guns N' Roses drummer fired for his drug use, says, "I'm serious about this because I want my best friend back." His speech is garbled, he's a terrifying mess and yet he seems like a sweetheart. And bringing it all home in this cockeyed world of fame is the idea that as he stars on a VH1 show about what a mess his life is, his former band gets ready to bring out Chinese Democracy.

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2008/nov/03/celebrity-rehab-is-as-addictive-as-ever/

CaughtMeInaComa
« Reply #74 on: November 04, 2008, 11:42:39 PM »

Frankly, I only watch the show to see Steven. But sometimes I feel bad for him.
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #75 on: November 05, 2008, 01:24:50 AM »

I do too ! it's sad to watch anyone lose their life to addiction, plus he misses his good friend Slash which I feel for the guy.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #76 on: November 05, 2008, 09:51:54 AM »

I do too ! it's sad to watch anyone lose their life to addiction, plus he misses his good friend Slash which I feel for the guy.
Don't feel TOO bad for him.  He's got a smokin' hot wife.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Olorin
« Reply #77 on: November 05, 2008, 11:48:13 AM »

Off topic, but whats Rodney King in for?
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #78 on: November 05, 2008, 12:31:30 PM »

Rodney's in for alcoholism, and I think Dr Drew wants to go over the beatings with Rodney and try to get to the heart of that, as that has had to cause some psychological issues over the years.  And you can kind of see, he doesn't appear to trust people he doesn't know and keeps to himself.  Can't say I blame him after all he's been through.

Olorin
« Reply #79 on: November 05, 2008, 02:32:28 PM »

Thats a bit of a shame. I wonder if the actual beating, or the trial and being thrust into the spotlight afterwards was more damaging to him.
Strange place for him to go all the same, seems a naturally reserved guy and he is stuck in there with Adler and Co.  nervous

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: