Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 04:50:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227962 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash Working on Solo Album - Release Date April 6th
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 93 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash Working on Solo Album - Release Date April 6th  (Read 402585 times)
overmatik
« Reply #60 on: November 24, 2008, 01:31:21 PM »

Fergie, what a crap! Please Slash, give Fiona Apple a call!
kobys
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #61 on: November 24, 2008, 01:43:09 PM »

She doesn't sound really thrilled about Velvet Revolver. I guess that she's just being honest though. It just seems to me that if Slash was really into getting VR going right now than at least Perla would fake enthusiasm. She usually seems like she's really supportive of what Slash has going on at the moment. On another note, she seems a lot friendlier and more down to earth than I thought she was.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2008, 03:26:48 PM by kobys » Logged

I'm a Ronald Reagan conservative and damn proud of it!
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #62 on: November 24, 2008, 02:13:11 PM »

SLASH's Forthcoming Solo Album To Feature OZZY OSBOURNE, FERGIE - Nov. 24, 2008

The Rockerrazzi web site recently conducted an interview with Perla Hudson, the wife of former GUNS N' ROSES and current VELVET REVOLVER guitarist Slash (real name: Saul Hudson). During the chat, Perla revealed that Slash's forthcoming album will feature a plethora of special guests, including Ozzy Osbourne and pop/R&B singer, rapper and actress Fergie (a.k.a. Stacy Ann Ferguson). Watch the two-and-a-half-minute interview below.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=109525

Pearla is cool as hell!!!!!!    Kind of cute too..
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #63 on: November 24, 2008, 06:07:56 PM »

The Rockerrazzi web site recently conducted an interview with Perla Hudson, the wife of former GUNS N' ROSES and current VELVET REVOLVER guitarist Slash (real name: Saul Hudson). During the chat, Perla revealed that Slash's forthcoming album will feature a plethora of special guests, including Ozzy Osbourne and pop/R&B singer, rapper and actress Fergie (a.k.a. Stacy Ann Ferguson). Watch the two-and-a-half-minute interview below.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=109525

Cool as hell? I though she was kind of a bitch...
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #64 on: November 24, 2008, 06:16:14 PM »

So a woman speaks her mind, and now she is a bitch.....  Hmmm, if you say so dude.
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #65 on: November 24, 2008, 06:20:40 PM »

So a woman speaks her mind, and now she is a bitch.....  Hmmm, if you say so dude.

I'm not even talking about the GNR part. Even though I hate VR, she probably shouldn't have dissed her husbands band. That is the bitchy part.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #66 on: November 24, 2008, 06:33:53 PM »

I'm not even talking about the GNR part. Even though I hate VR, she probably shouldn't have dissed her husbands band. That is the bitchy part.

Maybe she wasn't lying about playing CD a lot in the house.....  Sounds like Perlas is pushing a r eu n i on...... 
IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

Out of the shadows, into...Hell?

« Reply #67 on: November 24, 2008, 07:12:38 PM »

Maybe she wasn't lying about playing CD a lot in the house.....  Sounds like Perlas is pushing a r eu n i on...... 
I don't want to build anyones expectations up, but isn't that how STP got back together - besides the whole Scott leaving VR part, someones wife called someone elses wife, or something like that.  Maybe Perla should go for tea with Beta...   hihi

"I have no comment, for the record, but don't quote me on that"
kobys
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #68 on: November 24, 2008, 07:19:20 PM »

I was surprised about what Perla had to say about VR but I listened to the interview a second time just in case I may have missed something. Perla didn't say what she said about VR in a bitchy way at all imo. I'm thinking that what she may have meant is that she prefers GnR and Snakepit to VR. She probably should have said it in a different way though.

I'm a Ronald Reagan conservative and damn proud of it!
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #69 on: November 24, 2008, 08:50:46 PM »

I don't want to build anyones expectations up, but isn't that how STP got back together - besides the whole Scott leaving VR part, someones wife called someone elses wife, or something like that.  Maybe Perla should go for tea with Beta...   hihi

Beta is someone's wife?
I really think you're mixing and misjudging the power of a wife and the power of a personal assistant.
the wife will always have a bigger influence than....well, anyone else!

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #70 on: November 24, 2008, 09:50:58 PM »

I don't want to build anyones expectations up, but isn't that how STP got back together - besides the whole Scott leaving VR part, someones wife called someone elses wife, or something like that.  Maybe Perla should go for tea with Beta...   hihi

that was Scott's and Duff's wives Wink
duga
VIP

If you're not a rock star - at least act like one

« Reply #71 on: November 25, 2008, 01:04:59 PM »

Slash will work with Ozzy and Fergie (old news?). Mentioned in Swedish media today.

Stockholm 2006, Oslo 2010, Maryland 2016, Stockholm 2017, Gothenburg 2018

Power to the people, peace out and blame Canada
lostdream
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #72 on: November 25, 2008, 01:23:20 PM »

Slash should do one song with he, Izzy,Duff and Steven

That would be amazing and have Steven Tyler sing it.

That's an insanely terrific idea! ok

I can?t help it: I just have to shout: YES YES YES!!!!

smoking

...We take for granted we know the whole story. We judge a book by its cover and read what we want between selected lines...
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #73 on: November 25, 2008, 11:16:14 PM »

Slash should do one song with he, Izzy,Duff and Steven

That would be amazing and have Steven Tyler sing it.

That's an insanely terrific idea! ok

I can?t help it: I just have to shout: YES YES YES!!!!

smoking

and another song with the same musicians, but with axl singing - well, wishful thinking Undecided
JimBobTTD
Rocker

« Reply #74 on: November 26, 2008, 03:11:50 AM »

and another song with the same musicians, but with axl singing - well, wishful thinking Undecided

Nah, he'd only try and make it sound like that Chinese Democracy album he needs to work on for another 14 years.

Flame away!
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #75 on: November 26, 2008, 09:16:22 AM »

I had what I thought was an interesting idea about their singer search as well as the possibility of a "reunion" while smoking a little too much pot:

Keep the name Velvet Revolver where they would work on slash/duff/matt and dave stuff with Axl working on vocals/meoldies etc.....

Keep GnR as it is and work on Axl's music, but also incorporate Slash Matt Duff and Izzy into the ensemble.....

touring may be a tad more difficult given axl's penchant for appearing on stage late and how that pisses off other band members but maybe they can work that out.....

most likely VR's tours may be a bit smaller scale rather than GnRs lavish stage shows....but these details didn't get worked out in my haze

but it might satisfy VRs need to stay busy where their writing most of the music and bring axl into the studio or drop off demos and let him do his thing....

and Axl can drop off his ideas to the band and they can work through it and come up with ideas as well....

again, things I didn't work out in my haze but it seemed like a interesting idea at the time Undecided Undecided Undecided
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #76 on: November 26, 2008, 09:17:36 AM »

Mark Ronson is currently finishing production duties on the RUMBLE STRIP'S new album and plans to work with GUNS N ROSES legend SLASH on his forthcoming solo record in February.

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/article/ronson%20denies%20winehouse%20feud_1087765

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Hudson
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #77 on: November 26, 2008, 10:49:15 AM »

I had what I thought was an interesting idea about their singer search as well as the possibility of a "reunion" while smoking a little too much pot:

Keep the name Velvet Revolver where they would work on slash/duff/matt and dave stuff with Axl working on vocals/meoldies etc.....

Keep GnR as it is and work on Axl's music, but also incorporate Slash Matt Duff and Izzy into the ensemble.....

touring may be a tad more difficult given axl's penchant for appearing on stage late and how that pisses off other band members but maybe they can work that out.....

most likely VR's tours may be a bit smaller scale rather than GnRs lavish stage shows....but these details didn't get worked out in my haze

but it might satisfy VRs need to stay busy where their writing most of the music and bring axl into the studio or drop off demos and let him do his thing....

and Axl can drop off his ideas to the band and they can work through it and come up with ideas as well....

again, things I didn't work out in my haze but it seemed like a interesting idea at the time   

No offense but when I first read this I thought it was kind of retarded, but only because I thought it would never happen. After a second read I was actually visualizing that scenario and how cool it would be.... unfortunately I still think it would never happen.

Although it is a bit out there it is not that crazy if you think about it.... and could work except for the fact that Axl has a fuckin grudge he can't let go with Slash.

Think about it...Axl and Slash could not agree on their direction for a GNR record. They parted ways. If they could be amicable Axl could help Slash and write some stuff for VR and then tour with VR and GNR. That would be an amazing show. Everyone is happy. There should really not be a grudge at this point between Axl and Slash its not like Slash had sex with his wife or something or called Axl a fuckin asshole. They had musical differences... big deal!

I always thought it would be cool if they ever did some kind of reunion in the future they can do a show where the new GNR opens and plays CD and other new material and then the orginal band comes out for the second act and plays AFD, Lies, UYI I & II, etc. At the end they can all jump on stage and play the shit out of PC and maybe inbetween while Axl rests his voice there can be some guitar battles between Slash, Bucket, & Ron. This would be unprecedented and an amazing show although it would have to be like 3-4 hours long.

The other way I visualized it was VR opening for GNR and Axl showing up on stage singing a couple of VR tunes and then Slash, Duff, & Matt jumping out on stage with GNR to play a couple of songs in the middle of their set or a couple of songs for the encore to end the show.

lostdream
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #78 on: November 26, 2008, 12:35:43 PM »

again, things I didn't work out in my haze but it seemed like a interesting idea at the time   

No offense but when I first read this I thought it was kind of retarded, but only because I thought it would never happen. After a second read I was actually visualizing that scenario and how cool it would be.... unfortunately I still think it would never happen.

Although it is a bit out there it is not that crazy if you think about it.... and could work except for the fact that Axl has a fuckin grudge he can't let go with Slash.

Think about it...Axl and Slash could not agree on their direction for a GNR record. They parted ways. If they could be amicable Axl could help Slash and write some stuff for VR and then tour with VR and GNR. That would be an amazing show. Everyone is happy. There should really not be a grudge at this point between Axl and Slash its not like Slash had sex with his wife or something or called Axl a fuckin asshole. They had musical differences... big deal!

I always thought it would be cool if they ever did some kind of reunion in the future they can do a show where the new GNR opens and plays CD and other new material and then the orginal band comes out for the second act and plays AFD, Lies, UYI I & II, etc. At the end they can all jump on stage and play the shit out of PC and maybe inbetween while Axl rests his voice there can be some guitar battles between Slash, Bucket, & Ron. This would be unprecedented and an amazing show although it would have to be like 3-4 hours long.

The other way I visualized it was VR opening for GNR and Axl showing up on stage singing a couple of VR tunes and then Slash, Duff, & Matt jumping out on stage with GNR to play a couple of songs in the middle of their set or a couple of songs for the encore to end the show.

Sorry guys, but I think it is much more likely to let Steven Tyler do the singing.  rofl

...We take for granted we know the whole story. We judge a book by its cover and read what we want between selected lines...
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #79 on: November 26, 2008, 12:44:00 PM »

^^that's why I thought to keep the two bands as seperate entities - that way, the musical difference issues are more or less a non-issue - VR would be the more slash/duff/matt dave or izzy driven music - GnR would be Axl driven - I liked your resolution to the touring dilema - but like you and I think, may not happen anytime soon but with GnR back in the limelight, who knows - from what I understand, Axl's short 1 lead guitarist hihi
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 93 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: