Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 12:47:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Should Axl Play Hardball or Do What It Takes?....
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Should Axl Play Hardball or Do What It Takes?....  (Read 24440 times)
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #60 on: June 29, 2008, 11:36:29 AM »

I think Axl shouldn't play hardball or do what it takes.

Cause you know, I'm sure he doesn't care about getting the record out  confused

gnrevolution.com
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #61 on: June 29, 2008, 01:37:53 PM »

somewhere in between,  I guess. axl should do what he wants and know what he's doing.
strike when the iron is hot.

GNR making multiple albums is  nothing new. It was mentioned by axl as early as in 2002.
slashsbaconpit
Rocker

If it opens your eyes ...

« Reply #62 on: June 30, 2008, 10:59:37 AM »

There are songs that are going to be worth the wait. And there are songs that are not going to be worth the wait.

No matter how many times the stuff is mixed, recorded, changed, shifted, sanded down, primed, repainted, retooled, fixed, deconstructed, reconstructed, smoothed out, fixed up, overhauled, had pieces added, had pieces taken away and then worked over one more time ? that will not change. Some of the songs will blow some of us away, others will not. Some of the others will blow other people away, while leaving still others disappointed.

There is no way to make the album so that everyone likes every minute.

Don't ask what your country can do for you, ask what your country can do for GNR!
Wicked Demon
Rocker

my post was Here Yesterday...

« Reply #63 on: June 30, 2008, 11:40:25 AM »

How about fast-pitch softball?
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #64 on: June 30, 2008, 01:26:13 PM »

How about fast-pitch softball?

Good point Tkkyj...and as for doing What it Takes, I don't know.  Steven Tyler did a nice job with that tune. 

So it's agreed, no Aerosmith covers...and Axl does a couple celebrity softball fund-raiser tournaments!   Grin

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #65 on: June 30, 2008, 02:07:14 PM »

well I thought it was a court game like tennis, volleyball etc rather  than baseball or softball.

slashsbaconpit
Rocker

If it opens your eyes ...

« Reply #66 on: June 30, 2008, 07:07:14 PM »

I just wish it would come out. It seems like this is a blockage in the pipe, and once it gets out, it will clear the way for future GNR albums.

Even if it's met with mediocre sales and critical distain, so what? At least it's done with and GNR can move on. We've been told for years about the 60-80 tracks. So far, we've heard what, about 10? If CD were to get out, then the next tracks could finally start to be revealed.

It will be interesting to find out one day (maybe years in the future) as to what the actual holdup has been on this thing. Was it really just Axl tweaking things over and over and over? Was it legal B.S.? Was it a virus that ate all the digital copies of the tracks and everything had to be redone? Aliens? Drug dealers who Axl owed money from the good old days?

Don't ask what your country can do for you, ask what your country can do for GNR!
mrbucketfoot
« Reply #67 on: June 30, 2008, 08:08:11 PM »

I just wish it would come out. It seems like this is a blockage in the pipe, and once it gets out, it will clear the way for future GNR albums.

Me too. But with that being said, I think that when it does come out, it will be unexpectedly. Like announcement and a release 2 or so weeks later.

Hey Mysteron is it still in the whole negotiations thing or has there been progress?
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #68 on: June 30, 2008, 08:15:54 PM »

Me too. But with that being said, I think that when it does come out, it will be unexpectedly. Like announcement and a release 2 or so weeks later.

Uhm... I think not.

"In regard to a release date for the album itself, certain minor - and I do mean minor -- additions, as well as contract negotiations, need to be completed. Barring any unforeseen complications, these things have now been adequately scheduled. The band and I, along with our record company, feel that this record deserves the proper setup and promotion, not the ?13 Tuesdays left? and ?It may just appear in your record store? approach offered by management. We believe this strategy may have been used as a tool by management to sell this latest tour to the various promoters, and if this was the case, this was obviously unfair to them. The stress of dealing with this situation has been considerable for everyone, including the band, but more important, in our opinion, it was something utterly insane to do to our fans. You have our apologies, and please know we have been laboring over this with management for the entire North American tour."

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/news/shownews.php?newsid=1744

You really think it'll have two weeks of promotion? Get real.
Verse Chorus Verse
Legend

It's here!

« Reply #69 on: June 30, 2008, 08:18:23 PM »

They've had 13 years. Almost every music fan knows Chinese Democracy. All it'd take is a few commercials, really.

Louis Landon for Peace in Iraq
"This is the new Guns 'n Roses, deal with it or get off the planet."
mrbucketfoot
« Reply #70 on: June 30, 2008, 08:41:13 PM »

You really think it'll have two weeks of promotion? Get real.

Really, I've never read that letter before. THANKS!  Roll Eyes rant

That's interesting because a lot people from the music industry seems to think that a 2-week release would make sense.
I mean it would be a huge surprise, get a giant buzz out, prevent leaks and hardcore fans could get the album. Maybe it'd initially be a
download thing? I seem to remember GN'R in the news pretty much every day for about a month leading up to the
Hammerstein Shows.

Not to mention that Axl was management-less at the time of writing that article. Things may have changed, just like
"it's definitely this year" for the album etc., etc., things change. Maybe the new management team found a way to properly market
the album in a shorter-time frame. Remember GN'R doesn't do everything the typical way and all that? It's not like promotion has
to end there, they could use that buzz and continue promotion and a physical release.

And 2-week onslaught of promotion through the mainstream media is far different than "It may just appear in your record store".
That's also looking over the fact that "Chinese Democracy" is one of the biggest, if not THE biggest name in rock history. It's anticipated
by fans and critics alike. So if Axl updates his website and says "record is coming out.......XX/XX", then naturally everyone will pick it up.

It will be "Dr. Pepper on XX/XX" and "Legendary Guns N' Roses releasing their anticipated record 'Chinese Democracy' on XX/XX".

« Last Edit: June 30, 2008, 08:44:33 PM by mrbucketfoot » Logged
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #71 on: June 30, 2008, 08:44:41 PM »

That's interesting because a lot people from the music industry seems to think that a 2-week release would make sense.

Who?
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #72 on: June 30, 2008, 10:27:49 PM »

i've been told that even 2 months is short notice for a release of this size  Undecided

leatherebel
VIP

Facts are the enemy of truth.

« Reply #73 on: June 30, 2008, 10:52:25 PM »

Yeah, if anything this album would need a longer promotion than any other album ever made.
The question is, would the band be able to handle that? With the exception of maybe BBF no one else likes to appear in public and speak other than when performing at the shows. Without the regular media whoring these days of appearing at every talk show there is and giving interviews to any media online included (not to mention reality shows  no), it seems kinda impossible to achieve any "conquering of the world". Being cool, being deep, and having integrity are not virtues that sell very well in 2008.....unfortunately.  Undecided

Now, if there is no pressure and no expectation to necessarily "win over the world" instantly, then I think they'll do just fine and we can be one happy bunch of fans for a long time.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2008, 12:36:17 AM by leatherebel » Logged

"Asking Axl Rose what he thinks about critics is like asking a lamp post how it feels about dogs."
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #74 on: June 30, 2008, 11:50:55 PM »

Really, I've never read that letter before. THANKS! 

Though, It may convey his sentiments, that letter was, probably, written by management. Few people, without education, would use such proper grammar.

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
leatherebel
VIP

Facts are the enemy of truth.

« Reply #75 on: July 01, 2008, 12:33:40 AM »

Though, It may convey his sentiments, that letter was, probably, written by management. Few people, without education, would use such proper grammar.

That letter was written by Axl. If you've paid attention to his past interviews (video included), statements, and lyrics of certain songs, you'd know that his command of written and spoken English is far superior than that of most people and is certainly in contrast to that of most other rock stars.

"Asking Axl Rose what he thinks about critics is like asking a lamp post how it feels about dogs."
mrbucketfoot
« Reply #76 on: July 01, 2008, 12:33:57 AM »

Maybe, but Axl has always been very well spoken in non-concert environments, so you never know.
It will be interesting to see how it plays out, but if it's not a "shock" type release, one wonders why GN'R remains so mysterious?
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #77 on: July 01, 2008, 12:56:45 AM »

Speaking, and writing, are two separate issues. I find it hard to believe that anyone without, at least, some post-secondary education would write with that style.

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #78 on: July 01, 2008, 01:57:20 AM »

That letter was written by Axl. If you've paid attention to his past interviews (video included), statements, and lyrics of certain songs, you'd know that his command of written and spoken English is far superior than that of most people and is certainly in contrast to that of most other rock stars.

I doubt it.

Did he even finish High School? Those are not the writings of someone with little education.

Atillla
Banned
Rocker

The HUNter

« Reply #79 on: July 01, 2008, 12:54:47 PM »

I doubt it.

Did he even finish High School? Those are not the writings of someone with little education.

...because only at school you can learn how to write properly, right.....comrade?  peace

This signature is very funny.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: