Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 01:59:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227824 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Blogger arrested, accused of posting 9 unreleased Guns N' Roses songs
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 49 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blogger arrested, accused of posting 9 unreleased Guns N' Roses songs  (Read 174338 times)
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #560 on: August 29, 2008, 07:07:02 PM »

It's always an instant  showstopper.....<snipped because I couldn't bear to quote such utter tosh>...and wank their own brains out?

I agree! That has to be the most annoying thing people say on all these boards.  In a whiney, child like voice "Axl doesnt owe you nothing"  Boo Hoo!  NO SHIT.  If I were running this board, I would delete every persons quote that mentions that line. Like there is any person who feels he or she is "owed" something from an artist. But every time, some idiot has to come on here and say it.  Others that come close:1" you are just pissed off because he will not release it when you demand it. 2) it will come out when the time is right. Some of you guys need to stop over thinking every post and acting like you know or have to protect axl.
Believe me there are plenty of more annoying trends within posts on this site.  The band hasn't toured for awhile, but the setlist debate takes the cake.  I don't know, it sure seems like some people on this board feel like they're owed Chinese Democracy on their terms.  Maybe you're not one of them, and maybe no one will admit to that, but I honestly feel from reading some of the posts that that's the case.  I just can't believe the negativity that spews out consistently, I just don't get it.  Maybe I'm too forgiving, maybe it's my fault, who knows.  It's fine to be critical, everyone's got that right.  It just seems that some people will just never be happy, no matter what happens from here on out.  So I wonder why they bother to continue to follow this saga.  I'll be the first to admit it's been an extremely long wait, but we don't know the half of it and we may never know.  Obviously there's some reason(s) its taken so long.  It's really not up to us when it comes out, despite all the efforts to get songs and post leaks.  I'm sure Axl hasn't worked on this album to not put it out.  I know waiting isn't easy, but I'm sure we could all find something else to do in the meantime.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #561 on: August 29, 2008, 07:07:56 PM »

I will also admit to downloading music, but my philsophy is like this..........I treat music downloading as a basically a test drive for a car.  If I like a song from a new artist and can't stream the music on his/her myspace or whatever to try it out, I'll download it (because those 30 seconds snippets on itunes don't work for me).  If I like it, I'll buy the album (usually the Vinyl and then just use what I downloaded for my iPod, but I do buy a good bit of stuff from iTunes).  I wouldn't just buy a car because it was released by Chevy......odds are it's probably going to be shitty, so you take it for a spin first.....see if you like it, then you buy it.  If not, oh well.  I know that's not really a fair way to look at it in the artist's eyes...but oh well, this is my hard earned money going towards that stuff they put out.

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #562 on: August 29, 2008, 07:12:46 PM »

It just seems that some people will just never be happy, no matter what happens from here on out. 

Correct.

No matter how shitty your life is, you can always log in and be that "cool somebody" on a GN'R message board by bashing your "favorite band".

Hiding behind an username and posting shit you're too afraid to say to a person standing in front of you.

People who are too afraid to show "too much" excitement or happiness because that's not what "objective fans" do! Only "nut swingers/ass kissers" are happy and/or excited.

That's the impression I get.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
AxlNow
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #563 on: August 29, 2008, 07:16:11 PM »

Correct.

No matter how shitty your life is, you can always log in and be that "cool somebody" on a GN'R message board

/jarmo

Oh that explains how you got here.   hihi
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #564 on: August 29, 2008, 07:18:29 PM »

This isn't to be disrespectful to GNR cause its not meant to be

BUT

If you can go onstage 3 hours late everynight
Not update fans
Use a whole new lineup of musicians

I don't think suing some Internet Leaker is gonna do anything to hurt their popularity, Axl and GNR are pretty much Bulletproof.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #565 on: August 29, 2008, 07:20:02 PM »

Correct.

No matter how shitty your life is, you can always log in and be that "cool somebody" on a GN'R message board

/jarmo

Oh that explains how you got here.   hihi

Yeah, because I was always motivated by popularity.

That's why we don't allow certain shit on this board etc.

Roll Eyes

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #566 on: August 29, 2008, 07:21:39 PM »

Gotta vouch for Jarmo, no one can ever accuse him of doing anything to be popular thats for sure.

GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #567 on: August 29, 2008, 07:23:24 PM »

BUT

Not update fans

I don't think suing some Internet Leaker is gonna do anything to hurt their popularity, Axl and GNR are pretty much Bulletproof.

3 hours late ? D how many show's have you seen GnR play ?

Not update fans  rofl rofl rofl so what do you call updates about the arrest, shacklers revenge rb2, new mangement team, recording is done all it needs is to be mixed.

new line up of players what do you expect Slash, Duff, Matt Huh

sounds pretty disrespectful to me.  Karma +1

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #568 on: August 29, 2008, 07:54:10 PM »

BUT

Not update fans

Man, they haven't sued anyone.  The Feds arrested him on their own accord, based on their own investigation and the tip they got from the RIAA. 

I doubt GN'R will sue him anyway.  They said their interest is in the original source, right?

Ali
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #569 on: August 29, 2008, 07:57:13 PM »

I know that and u know that but what is on every headline and front page?
EVERYONE will interpret that as GNR did it. It doesn't matter though anyway.

GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #570 on: August 29, 2008, 08:06:03 PM »

Those who aren't smart enough to read that its !!! but then there's fans like D who wanna bring up late shows, no updates, revolving door of members  hihi

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
slashsbaconpit
Rocker

If it opens your eyes ...

« Reply #571 on: August 29, 2008, 08:29:12 PM »

I think a lot of people confuse "frustration" with "trashing the band."

Now when a fan loses money on plane tickets, hotel reservations and whatnot because GNR cancels a show at the very last minute, and that fan bitches about it, it's not trashing the band. It's being truthful about something that was handled badly.

Some with CD. I think a lot of people think the criticism of GNR is trashing them. It's not. It's being honest about a situation created by the band. The fans didn't preview the album for Rolling Stone in 1999. The fans haven't teased about a release date for the album for years. The fans haven't organized tour after tour under the CD banner only to not release the album.

Now comes the part where someone jumps down my throat and says "Axl doesn't owe you anything! Blah blah! You don't understand the artistic process! Blah, blah!"

And you'd be right. I don't understand. Maybe it's the band, maybe it's Axl, maybe it's the record company, or the United States government. I don't understand why an album is teased for so long with no release. It doesn't help that no information is released. It's frustrating.

It doesn't mean I don't respect GNR or like what they are doing. I do.

I really think once the album is out, it's going to heal a lot things in the fandom. Debates like this will become moot, and we can all go along being friends united by the GNR banner!

Don't ask what your country can do for you, ask what your country can do for GNR!
AxlNow
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #572 on: August 29, 2008, 10:21:35 PM »

Now when a fan loses money on plane tickets, hotel reservations and whatnot because GNR cancels a show at the very last minute, and that fan bitches about it, it's not trashing the band. It's being truthful about something that was handled badly.

Some with CD. I think a lot of people think the criticism of GNR is trashing them. It's not. It's being honest about a situation created by the band. The fans didn't preview the album for Rolling Stone in 1999. The fans haven't teased about a release date for the album for years. The fans haven't organized tour after tour under the CD banner only to not release the album.

Now comes the part where someone jumps down my throat and says "Axl doesn't owe you anything! Blah blah! You don't understand the artistic process! Blah, blah!"

And you'd be right. I don't understand. Maybe it's the band, maybe it's Axl, maybe it's the record company, or the United States government. I don't understand why an album is teased for so long with no release. It doesn't help that no information is released. It's frustrating.

I really think once the album is out, it's going to heal a lot things in the fandom. Debates like this will become moot, and we can all go along being friends united by the GNR banner!

You sir are a fucking Genius with words! I'm not busting balls either. You've actually explained the situation about as well as a person can possibly explain it. Thank you for having common sense and speaking about things in a very accurate way that doesn't insult anybody. I couldn't have done it better myself.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #573 on: August 29, 2008, 10:55:57 PM »

Those who aren't smart enough to read that its !!! but then there's fans like D who wanna bring up late shows, no updates, revolving door of members  hihi

Kind of ironic u bring up those who can't read and then u misquote my post.

My post about coming on late etc basically says, nothing is gonna cause a GNR backlash, there is nothing Axl can do at this point to tarnish or destroy his status in the music world.

So even if it were GNR suing or jailing this guy, who cares?

Awesome post Slashbaconpit. interesting name.............. but u hit the nail on the head.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2008, 10:57:59 PM by D » Logged

CaughtMeInaComa
« Reply #574 on: August 29, 2008, 11:05:35 PM »

Very sad this dude was arrested and unnecessary. what he did happens all the time. but I thank him none the less!

Axl meet the internet! it ain't 1988 anymore.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #575 on: August 29, 2008, 11:35:59 PM »

You sir are a fucking Genius with words! I'm not busting balls either. You've actually explained the situation about as well as a person can possibly explain it. Thank you for having common sense and speaking about things in a very accurate way that doesn't insult anybody. I couldn't have done it better myself.

Yeah I thought that was well put too but I have to keep in mind there's a whole other side of what goes on inside the GNR camp.  We've all been getting beat up on.

But I'd like to move on.  We have a single getting ready to come out, a feeling the cd can't be far behind and I'm ready to party.  Tell me something good and don't put a but in there unless it's Tommy's.  Brain says he's got the best but I'd like to hear Frank's opinion.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
MikeD
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #576 on: August 29, 2008, 11:36:14 PM »

Not sure if this has been posted and don't feel like reading 100 pages of speculation (and I'm sure this will be deleted anyway), but why hasn't the FBI or GNR gone after whoever released Shackler's Revenge on youtube?

GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #577 on: August 29, 2008, 11:36:39 PM »

Very sad this dude was arrested and unnecessary. what he did happens all the time. but I thank him none the less!

Axl meet the internet! it ain't 1988 anymore.

NEWSFLASH !!!! its against the law, but some people don't understand.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #578 on: August 30, 2008, 12:40:36 AM »

You can't blame the people who download it, you need to blame the source/ancient delivery methods of music.
whats ancient about it?  you can now buy mp3s on amazon and get music from itunes..  you can order cd's from the internet and have them delivered to your house.    what do you want?

I download music "illegally", and will continue to do so until record companies fall down on their knees and comply with the real world.
and what would fit the defintion of "comply with the real world"?  give it away all for free?   Thats not how this world works.   Its wrong and theres nothing to justify it.

Oh I could write ten pages worth of rant here, but instead I keep suggesting you to read this great article, which gives a real insight to whats going on in the music industry atm. (also answers your questions)

http://www.demonbaby.com/blog/2007/10/when-pigs-fly-death-of-oink-birth-of.html

That article is completely ridiculous at the end. He has some great points but he is so fucking delusional when it comes to trying to justify free music. The guy has no clue the time, money and energy it takes to create an album.

GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #579 on: August 30, 2008, 12:51:45 AM »

You can't blame the people who download it, you need to blame the source/ancient delivery methods of music.
whats ancient about it?  you can now buy mp3s on amazon and get music from itunes..  you can order cd's from the internet and have them delivered to your house.    what do you want?

I download music "illegally", and will continue to do so until record companies fall down on their knees and comply with the real world.
and what would fit the defintion of "comply with the real world"?  give it away all for free?   Thats not how this world works.   Its wrong and theres nothing to justify it.

Oh I could write ten pages worth of rant here, but instead I keep suggesting you to read this great article, which gives a real insight to whats going on in the music industry atm. (also answers your questions)

http://www.demonbaby.com/blog/2007/10/when-pigs-fly-death-of-oink-birth-of.html

That article is completely ridiculous at the end. He has some great points but he is so fucking delusional when it comes to trying to justify free music. The guy has no clue the time, money and energy it takes to create an album.

You gotta have a real talent to make your own music ! I think one of the hardest thing's to do is write a song.  When someone takes that talent of yours that you make a living off of and post it everywhere when its not finished is just basically wrong.  Might aswell just take a shit on me cause that's basically what your doing.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 49 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: