Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:33:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Blogger arrested, accused of posting 9 unreleased Guns N' Roses songs
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 49 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blogger arrested, accused of posting 9 unreleased Guns N' Roses songs  (Read 172519 times)
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #660 on: September 02, 2008, 03:23:07 PM »

someone was bound to take the fall with all these people offering to buy leaks and everythign else in the past year or so

$$$$
VIP

the disrespect in your eye

« Reply #661 on: September 02, 2008, 03:31:25 PM »

I see Slash even mentioned he'd like this blogger to rot in jail, thats a bit severe but nice of him to stick up for his old bandmate

ya this coming from the guy who openly brags about being clepto thief in his book Roll Eyes
Nobody is perfect!  Except you right?  I'm sure mommy tells you that every day.

In his own words "theft is theft"  Roll Eyes

I was merely pointing out that Slash is a walking contradiction
« Last Edit: September 02, 2008, 03:38:57 PM by **** » Logged

BASTARD SON OF A LOADED GUN
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #662 on: September 02, 2008, 03:53:02 PM »

and you never downloaded any music or movies or anything right?  ok

pot - kettle - black

$$$$
VIP

« Reply #663 on: September 02, 2008, 04:03:30 PM »

pot - kettle - black

I haven't made any radical statements like "this guy should rot in jail" ok

know why? cuz your right. Im not innocent of the things you mentioned above Shocked I don't think anyone here can truthfully claim that they are.

I dont see how its a case of the pot calling the kettle black, I just think its a pretty bold and hypocritical statement for someone like Slash to make.

slashsbaconpit
Rocker

If it opens your eyes ...

« Reply #664 on: September 02, 2008, 05:11:31 PM »

I think the real criminal was the person who took the songs originally. This guy's just an idiot who wanted to prove he'd actually heard the material by posting it.

The person who stole it from the record company, or where ever, is the person who deserves jail time. This guy needs to have a suspended jail sentence and fine, but he's not the real crook. The real crook is the person who provided the music to him. IMOHO
But if they can prove that this guy was working in cahoots with the other guy (one did the stealing and the other did the distributing) then they're equally guilty.  The other guy can cop a plea that even though he stoled it, he had no intentions of making it public.

That's true. Good point.

Don't ask what your country can do for you, ask what your country can do for GNR!
Wheres Izzy
I smoke my cigarette with style
VIP

« Reply #665 on: September 02, 2008, 05:19:28 PM »

I see Slash even mentioned he'd like this blogger to rot in jail, thats a bit severe but nice of him to stick up for his old bandmate

ya this coming from the guy who openly brags about being clepto thief in his book Roll Eyes
Nobody is perfect!  Except you right?  I'm sure mommy tells you that every day.

In his own words "theft is theft"  Roll Eyes

I was merely pointing out that Slash is a walking contradiction

Yeah when I read that quote from Slash the first thing that popped into my mind was what he said in his book about stealing everything. Pretty hypocritical. I think this guy is being punished way too harsh. He's an idiot for posting the leaks ( I woulda kept em to myself and played em for some friends) but do I want this guy overcrowding our prison system? Fuck no. The guy is not a threat to society. Fine him like 10-20 thousand dollars. It'll take him a few years to pay that off, he'll learn his lesson and then some. And it's definitely a strong enough precedent cause if I was worrying about losing 20 grand for posting some shit, I obviously wouldn't do it. $250,000? 5 years in prison? Thats insane.

Can you imagine, for a second, doing
anything just 'cuz you want to?
Well, that's just what I do so hooray for me and fuck you
*Timothy*
Banned
VIP

Liberated the WANG!!!

« Reply #666 on: September 02, 2008, 05:25:58 PM »

Please lay of the Oliver stone type conspiracies  .... thanks

I think the real criminal was the person who took the songs originally. This guy's just an idiot who wanted to prove he'd actually heard the material by posting it.

The person who stole it from the record company, or where ever, is the person who deserves jail time. This guy needs to have a suspended jail sentence and fine, but he's not the real crook. The real crook is the person who provided the music to him. IMOHO
But if they can prove that this guy was working in cahoots with the other guy (one did the stealing and the other did the distributing) then they're equally guilty.  The other guy can cop a plea that even though he stoled it, he had no intentions of making it public.

http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/

Liberating wangs one dong at a time!!!
Jimmy?
You can't really dust for vomit
Legend

Don't you try to stop us now.......

« Reply #667 on: September 02, 2008, 05:39:03 PM »

pot - kettle - black

calling the black pot....a kettle?
IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

Out of the shadows, into...Hell?

« Reply #668 on: September 02, 2008, 05:40:41 PM »

I can't believe this discussion is going in the direction it is...if a commercial enterprise, say a brewery, used this material in an advertisement for their product, would there be any argument as to the legality or morality of it?  While there may be technical differences (can't buy and drink 'skwerl') the effect is the same - he made unauthorized use of GNR material for his own benefit.  What really makes this a slam dunk is that he acknowledged he was on weak ground - and practically dared the authorities to come after him...now he is crying out for help?  This is one case where I agree with Slash.  All the 'posters' who throw up copywrited/unreleased material on 'YouTube' are financially harming the bands they love - and their ability to continue producing the music we love - nevermind opening up 'YouTube' to lawsuits, expense of monitoring, and possible regulation.

PS - Axl owes us nothing...until you buy it, with the associated licenses...its his music, and he can do what he wants with it - although he probably should have spent some of the $13 million on information security/protecting his demo's. beer

"I have no comment, for the record, but don't quote me on that"
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #669 on: September 02, 2008, 08:11:34 PM »

Please lay of the Oliver stone type conspiracies  .... thanks
Obviously, you've never been arrested.  hihi

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
gungasm
Banned
Opening Act

« Reply #670 on: September 08, 2008, 09:33:34 PM »

What about when Eddie Trunk and Mike Piazza played these songs over the airwaves a few years ago? Nothing happens to them, but this kid faces jail time. Slash is such a tool for saying that he hopes the kid rots in jail. It's all media hype, everyone knows (excect Sebastian Bach)

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #671 on: September 08, 2008, 10:04:49 PM »

What about when Eddie Trunk and Mike Piazza played these songs over the airwaves a few years ago? Nothing happens to them, but this kid faces jail time.

If you read the thread, you'd notice that your concern has been addressed.

#1: The law didn't exist in 2003. It's from 2005.
#2: Eddie Trunk played the song once, he didn't put it online for the whole world to download.
#3: Eddie Trunk played one song, not nine.
#4: I hope you see that there's a difference between the cases now.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
gungasm
Banned
Opening Act

« Reply #672 on: September 08, 2008, 10:38:14 PM »

How can you blame the fans for getting something that is not officially released?

If a fan buys it the day of release, and posts it, and others get it for free...OK. Fan did something wrong. But BEFORE a fan can go buy it...?

It was an INSIDER who got the music out. Axl, it was your friends in the music industry that leaked it out.

Y'know....Someone at a record company. Someone at radio station. Someone at a music store. Someone who works for a video game company. Someone who works in a CD pressing facility. Someone in the band. An engineer at the recording studio....all of these people get the music before the FAN does.

And I say thank you,cause it saved me $12.99

$$$$
VIP

« Reply #673 on: September 08, 2008, 10:45:46 PM »

^

its now a felony to share unreleased copyrighted material

and the fans arent being blamed, the guy who posted the songs to potentially millions of people is...

gungasm
Banned
Opening Act

« Reply #674 on: September 08, 2008, 10:58:37 PM »

.there is some serious shit going on in the world, and we're gonna waste our tax dollars prosectuing a guy for playing some unreleased rock and roll songs on his website? I mean, WTF!!!

cineater
Legend

« Reply #675 on: September 08, 2008, 11:04:37 PM »

There's a whole industry going out of business because of stuff like this, people losing jobs all the way down the line.  So this is serious shit to a whole group of tax payers.  Kind of like pot smoking, seems harmless to those involved but there's the bigger picture.  Minor crime in our eyes but not without it's victims.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
gungasm
Banned
Opening Act

« Reply #676 on: September 08, 2008, 11:05:47 PM »

well axle has been saying he is releasing these songs for years. someone has to release them.

gungasm
Banned
Opening Act

« Reply #677 on: September 08, 2008, 11:10:51 PM »

I'm not trashing Axl, but that list of what is to come when CHinDem is released is all WAY beyond any best case scenario. Lets say for argument sake the album is really good, maybe 15 songs, real solid. First the media blitz, there may be at first, especially from the Blabbermouth, GnR, hard rock community, but it has to go WAY beyond this, they have to market like crazy. If the initial buzz dies down without a great single, its over right here....look at "OH MY GOD" when he released that, it got played on radio for maybe a weak, no one cared, it came & went, no one beyond huge new GNR fans even remember it. I thought it was decent too....then radio has to pick this up, he needs a few BIG hits, cross over hits that go beyond rock radio, like Sweet Child/Paradise City. MTV isn't a help now. Rock radio is near dead & so is the way of marketing music via the labels, as it was in 1991. I also don't think there are enough fans that care, to make it huge, so he HAS to create a new buzz, new fans through exposure. again, that's so hard. He'll sell a million copies for sure, just on hardcore Axl fans, curiousity. If none of the other things take place, he won't sell 10mil copies, the tour will be on par with the last few tours, it'll sell fine, but hardly take over the world. It won't be stadium, Use your illusion buzz. Everyone has their peak, he had his. You're saying he'll reach the 1991 level & beyond, that would be unprecendented, & in my mind very unrealisitic, especially in this day & age....were Slash on board, he might have more a chance, cuz they'd market the reunion/album. GOod or Bad, I think it'll create an initial buzz, then if there's not a hit, or bad reviews, it'll come & go & he'll go back in hiding....now if he NEVER releases it, it will always be speculated that it was the next Dark Side, Sgt Peppers. He should keep that mystery, it'll be the most talked about album for years!

gungasm
Banned
Opening Act

« Reply #678 on: September 08, 2008, 11:19:14 PM »

I feel so safe knowing the FBI is going after this guy for leaking songs.

I guess all the serial killers, child molestors, rapists, etc. are taken care of and there are no more terrorist threats against USA right?

gungasm
Banned
Opening Act

« Reply #679 on: September 08, 2008, 11:28:15 PM »

Yeah cuz song theft is as bad as murder...he should rot in jail...wtf?

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 49 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: