Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 05:04:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227962 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash says Velvet Revolver singer search is 'still ongoing'
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 44 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash says Velvet Revolver singer search is 'still ongoing'  (Read 208428 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #40 on: September 10, 2008, 10:25:40 AM »

That has to make it tougher to get a new singer.

The one they choose, will not only get compared to Axl, for obvious reasons, but also to Scott....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #41 on: September 10, 2008, 10:40:23 AM »

Yeah, and John Corabi already went through all that being compared to Vince when he fronted Motley Crue, even though I think he is better than Vince.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #42 on: September 10, 2008, 10:46:14 AM »

The one they choose, will not only get compared to Axl, for obvious reasons, but also to Scott....

/jarmo

I was thinking the same thing.

And then you throw in that Scott Weiland, justifiably or not, was kind of thrown under the bus at the end of his stint.  And you know that the members will continue to mention the possibility of a reunion... 

Would an established singer hesitate to step into that?

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #43 on: September 10, 2008, 11:34:06 AM »

Would an established singer hesitate to step into that?

I don't think there's any doubt about it - if a journeyman such as Corabi
is declining auditions that should be an indicator...

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #44 on: September 10, 2008, 12:17:46 PM »

John Corabi Declines Velvet Revolver Audition

John Corabi is interviewed on the Classic Metal Show...the VR mention is at 11:30.

Sun, 07 Sep 2008

He says that VR sent him some songs and asked him to come into the studio to record vocals....as great as the music was, at this point, he declined because he didn't want to take another established lead vocalists spot and be compared to Scott Weiland.  He just wrote the guys a letter 4-5 days ago and declined.

http://feeds.feedburner.com/theclassicmetalshow

Thanks to gunsnmotley

Damn, that's a shame, I reckon he would've been an awesome frontman for VR.

I swear to god they read this board. Metallex has been screaming for Corabi for months, if not years, and they finally ask him.  I nominate Metallex to lead our search for VR's new singer since apparently they agree with him.
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #45 on: September 11, 2008, 12:04:46 AM »

Yeah, I thought the same thing actually! hihi

I've been going on about Corabi joining VR for ages, and it turns out they actually wanted to audition him!

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
$$$$
VIP

the disrespect in your eye

« Reply #46 on: September 11, 2008, 12:35:28 AM »

whats Corabi up to these days anyways?

I dont blame him for turning the audition down after what he went through with Motley

BASTARD SON OF A LOADED GUN
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #47 on: September 16, 2008, 02:20:13 PM »

Corabi would have been absolutely awesome!

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
Giant_Robot
Rocker

I am not your standard Chicken Dinner

« Reply #48 on: September 16, 2008, 03:11:50 PM »

Corabi would have been absolutely awesome!
yes

/jarmo
Huh Is that jarmo understanding VR point of view ?  Wink Kiss Tongue

peace

Thanks Giant Robot...
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #49 on: September 16, 2008, 03:46:35 PM »

Understanding that they might not get anyone big to sing for that band?

Well maybe Rod Jackson is available....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Giant_Robot
Rocker

« Reply #50 on: September 16, 2008, 03:52:20 PM »

Understanding that they might not get anyone big to sing for that band?

Well maybe Rod Jackson is available....

/jarmo

That's better !  hihi

I thought Scott was always the weakest link in the band ! It will be interesting to what they come up with a new singer.

Thanks Giant Robot...
Gritty
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #51 on: September 16, 2008, 04:24:09 PM »

I can see where they thought hiring Scott would be a good idea, and wanting to make a hard rock record, with Scott changing that direction midstream. It's pretty easy really. Slash has never really strayed from the fact that he wanted to make records like AFD, straight up hard rock. With GNR it was Axl that wanted to the ballads, piano driven songs etc. That was great, it made GNR very diverse. With Scott and STP, you can go right down the line with his albums, I think Core was a phenomenal rock record, Purple was great, Tiny Music was good, and then all of a sudden he lost it in my opinion. Everything he's touched since has been garbage, so I didn't like the idea of him with VR, but maybe they were hoping for a return to form, a mixture of AFD and Core. Sounds like a good idea, but Scott's songwriting days are done. I've had the opportunity to see GNR, VR and STP live, and though I have no idea what any of these guys are like outside of music, I will say that Slash and Duff have never disappointed me live. I saw STP in '94, and it was amazing, but saw them this summer, and Scott acted like he couldn't be bothered. He looked like he had no interest being there, just collecting a pay check. And this on a "comeback" tour. He won't be getting any more of my money.
Hudson
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #52 on: September 16, 2008, 06:18:25 PM »

I just want to say a few things. One I feel sometimes many members who are Axl new GNR supporters seem like they want Slash, Duff, Matt to fail with any project they touch. I will use Jarmo's comment about Rod Jackson's as an example (I do not mean to single you out but it is the last comment I read). I will also preface the following by saying that people are obviously entitled to feeling this way, but it is nonetheless, dissappointing especially since we are all GNR fans here. I think if anything its cool to support all the former members because they have all made some pretty cool music outside GNR.

Saying VR should get a Rod Jackson in that fashion is apparent that you believe he is a joke and are mocking VR. RJ was alright for Snakepit, but we all know VR will go nowhere fast if he would actually be the singer. I think a lot of people here also are very big fans of the new GNR and cringe everytime there is a rumor that a current member is leaving (especially any guitarist) and believe that Axl may actually consider telling Slash to rejoin the band. I don't think this will happen with this incarnation so don't be so worried about that scenario playing out.

When BH left GNR, no one here came out and said... hey maybe Axl should call C.C. Deville and see if he is available. I bet people who feel this way would love something like that to happen so VR could set themselves up for failure. Why? To come here and say Slash's band sucks and new GNR is the shit. Who gives a fuck? I think maybe because you would never want to see SLash, Duff, etc, outdo Axl and GNR. Although I think Slash and Duff are awesome, I do not think this would be likely. Not even if they get Lenny Kravitz or Chris Cornell.  I could probably see them become bigger than VR but never bigger than GNR ever was.

I support new GNR although I will probably always be a bigger fan of the original line up. With that said, I would never wish bad on Axl or the more recent former members like Buckethead. I mean o.k... shit did not work out with BH and new GNR, too bad. So good luck and have a nice life. I hope shit works out for BH and music endeavors. I think most if not all former members tried to work with Axl to make CD. The reasons people left vary, but I do not think they wish CD to be a failure and if they do it is fucked up.

I understand people want to be competive and outdo each other. That is why Axl has taken 14 years to make CD, and Slash and DUff are taking their time choosing a singer.

I am sure even Slash wanted to show Axl and the music world that he could put a band together that would be commercially succesful again. He accomplished that goal with VR. Again VR is no GNR, but they achieved a pretty good level of success with Scott. Hopefully they can get the perfect singer and make a huge come back and be bigger than before.

Ultimately I would at least wish that Axl would some day just say fuck it... life is too short and Slash and Duff were my boys for a long as time. Shit didn't workout when we were in our 20's-30's  but now we are grown men and a lot more mature. I think we can have a few drinks, a cigarrette, or tea and bury the past. We don't have to be best friends or even in the same band and shit, but maybe we can just be friends like before and not have all this dumb fuckin animosity between us.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #53 on: September 16, 2008, 06:27:02 PM »

Nice try. This has nothing to do with GN'R! And look what you're trying to do!  Roll Eyes

Stick to the topic or we'll unleash Falcon on your ass.  Tongue

Rod Jackson was Slash's choice for a front man.

That was at a time when he was putting a band together and needed a singer.

Now, VR is in a similar position. They need a singer.

Chris Cornell seems highly unlikely. Lenny Kravitz has said he's not in the band and John Corabi has declined.

Maybe they only have the "Rod Jackson types" left. Unknown people singing in unknown bands.

Maybe fronting VR isn't the dream of every established singer as you seem to think?

Looks like they also turned down an established name, Royston Langdon.... He's not exactly Cornell or Kravitz established, but still....

/jarmo

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #54 on: September 16, 2008, 06:47:02 PM »

Hudson, I have yet to read an entire post from you yet because you babble.     All you do is write books on this site about how much you love Slash.    I can never get past the first couple sentences.   Try condensing your babbling down to one paragraph.  ok
Giant_Robot
Rocker

« Reply #55 on: September 16, 2008, 06:57:25 PM »

One I feel sometimes many members who are Axl new GNR supporters seem like they want Slash, Duff, Matt to fail with any project they touch.
No we don't........  well maybe matt

its cool to support all the former members

I didn't know that rock stars were affected that badly by the credit crunch ?
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

We don't have to be best friends or even in the same band and shit, but maybe we can just be friends like before and not have all this dumb fuckin animosity between us. 

Gee why did you had to go and wreck it AGAIN, i was having fun playing let's all make believe  Wink  Kiss

peace

Thanks Giant Robot...
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #56 on: September 16, 2008, 07:26:06 PM »

Rod Jackson is the worst frontman in music history. Jesus Christ that dude sucks.

He is further proof that the biggest thing killing most musicians is location and lack of exposure.

His vocals and lyrics are HORRIBLE!

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

Out of the shadows, into...Hell?

« Reply #57 on: September 16, 2008, 10:23:12 PM »

Rod Jackson is the worst frontman in music history. Jesus Christ that dude sucks.
If that's the guy from Snakepit (never bothered to find out who it was), I have to agree...most of those songs would have been good, if they were sung by someone with more talent, better vocal range, personality, etc...I think they are still looking for someone, because they are still trying to find the Anti-Axl.  I wish Axl would 'green light' Baz taking the job, so they could open for Guns.

"I have no comment, for the record, but don't quote me on that"
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #58 on: September 16, 2008, 11:49:58 PM »

I just hope they dont give in and do a stupid reality show.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #59 on: September 17, 2008, 12:21:55 AM »

Hudson, I have yet to read an entire post from you yet because you babble.     All you do is write books on this site about how much you love Slash.    I can never get past the first couple sentences.   Try condensing your babbling down to one paragraph.  ok

JB, he types so much because he is new and doesn't know we have see all those points made before.  But he seems like a nice poster and does usually make a point.  Even if long winded.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 44 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: