Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 05:18:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash has listened to Chinese Democracy
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash has listened to Chinese Democracy  (Read 60258 times)
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #40 on: September 07, 2008, 12:39:11 AM »

Maybe he could've waited until it's out before "reviewing" it?

/jarmo

I don't think he meant it as a review. He was asked a question and he gave an answer. Some people are speculating that Slash wants back in and is trying to reach back to him. We don't even know for sure who is in the band right now and some people are speculating that Axl will put out CD and then reunite with the old members. Who know? I sure don't.

Exactly.  He was asked a question and he answered it.  However, I don't think Slash wants "back in" or regrets it. 

Other comments were made about his possibly having the leaks - not necessarily.  I'm sure the man still has connections, somewhere. 

I think it's admiral that he said something positive.  He didn't criticize it.  He could have, if he wanted, but he didn't. 
m_rated96
Rocker

slash slash slash

« Reply #41 on: September 07, 2008, 12:54:19 AM »

i don't know about anyone else, but Slash has been sucking Axl's dick through the media MASSIVELY recently.. I think he wants to kiss and make up.

I mean, even in his book - he purposely throws in heaps of times Axl was really nice to him, and the cool stuff he did. He even makes a point that he defended Axl against Weiland. Axl is a fucking psycho who hates him! he should be ripping in to the guy! If Slash doesn't have a motive to make up with Axl, why is he being nice about him? Why is he adding "just shows what a great musician Axl is, i get where he was going". Thats totally unnesscasary - just say what u think of the album

He TOTALLY wants to be friends again..
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #42 on: September 07, 2008, 01:47:27 AM »

Why should he say negative things?  What purpose would that serve?  I'm sure he's learned, enough, about the media, through the years, to know that it's better not to rip into someone.  Just causes more controversy and makes things worse.  Maybe it's just growing up and being more mature about one's outlook on things.   
m_rated96
Rocker

slash slash slash

« Reply #43 on: September 07, 2008, 02:51:26 AM »

well he doesn't have to say negative things, but he doesn't have to say POSITIVE things! he should just say nothing! He clearly wants Axl back. call it "growing up", he's a cock sucker! but i love him to pieces
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #44 on: September 07, 2008, 01:14:30 PM »

If he said he didnt like the album.. everyone would be here saying how he's just jealous about it... as he said positive stuff now he's an ass kisser.

there's always the need to brag endlessly... Lips Sealed

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #45 on: September 07, 2008, 01:28:31 PM »

If he said he didnt like the album.. everyone would be here saying how he's just jealous about it... as he said positive stuff now he's an ass kisser.

why on earth would he be jealous if he didn't like it?
Ines_rocks!
VIP

« Reply #46 on: September 07, 2008, 01:44:24 PM »

well sometimes when one says he hates something, deep inside ones loves it and just envys it.

haha psychology  Grin

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
Dayle1066
Rocker

« Reply #47 on: September 07, 2008, 01:46:47 PM »

But most of the time people may just be saying how they feel, cos people hate stuff. I hate how theyre always has to be an alterior motive or some such bollocks
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #48 on: September 08, 2008, 12:30:47 AM »

Very true. 
$$$$
VIP

the disrespect in your eye

« Reply #49 on: September 08, 2008, 01:21:06 AM »

just my opinion but, i think Slash gets bashed a lot because he always comes across like he has some sort of personal agenda.

i cant put my finger on it, he just seems untrustworthy for some reason Huh

BASTARD SON OF A LOADED GUN
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #50 on: September 08, 2008, 01:25:07 AM »

You thought he came across as having a personal agenda, in this?   Huh 
$$$$
VIP

« Reply #51 on: September 08, 2008, 01:33:25 AM »

not necessarily here, just in general.

I do find it funny though that he listened to the leaks after his little "rot in jail" comment

lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #52 on: September 08, 2008, 01:49:23 AM »

That he listened to the "leaks" is only insinuation.  We don't know that.       
$$$$
VIP

« Reply #53 on: September 08, 2008, 01:55:36 AM »

That he listened to the "leaks" is only insinuation.  We don't know that.       

thats true

kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #54 on: September 08, 2008, 03:34:00 AM »

Well, if he didn't like it people would be saying he's just jealous. Same happened now as he said he likes it; "he's just kissing ass".

Maybe he just liked it..? Huh? Roll Eyes

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
m_rated96
Rocker

slash slash slash

« Reply #55 on: September 08, 2008, 07:38:05 AM »

when people say contreversial shit to mass media, there is very OFTEN a motive. Millions of people are gonna read it, Slash knows this, and he's grown mature enough to not say what ever the fuck comes into his head. Reading his book, he treads the lines very carefully, and thus we have every reason to believe he treads the lines carefully in the mass media.

By the way, if slash DID say he hated the album i do agree he would be called out for jealousy - thats something he couldn't get out of.

But the fact that he did like it does not mean his is kissing ass. It's his comments on Axl that indicate he's kissing ass; totally unnessacary compliments about a VERY VERY contreversial subject, he's a kiss ass! If he didn't mention how "brilliant" Axl was, it wouldnt really be justified to call him a kiss ass (no evidence). But he's given us some pretty strong evidence...

me-1 everyone else-0 Wink
Ines_rocks!
VIP

« Reply #56 on: September 08, 2008, 07:53:18 AM »

Well, if he didn't like it people would be saying he's just jealous. Same happened now as he said he likes it; "he's just kissing ass".

Maybe he just liked it..? Huh? Roll Eyes

that was just my point.  ok

suicide
VIP

« Reply #57 on: September 08, 2008, 12:56:20 PM »

If he didn't mention how "brilliant" Axl was, it wouldnt really be justified to call him a kiss ass (no evidence). But he's given us some pretty strong evidence...
So everyone who thinks Axl is "brilliant" and isn't affraid to say so is a cocksucker! Strange theory.
Hudson
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #58 on: September 08, 2008, 04:48:03 PM »

Some of you sound like hypocritical politicians. You cannot accept when someone does a good deed if they are an advessary of yours. Instead you criticize the good deed and then you sound like an idiot because you have no credibility since all you do is bash and talk shit.

Slash was asked a question and answered honestly. How more honest can his response be. He said he thinks the music is good but different than what the original GNR would have created. Is there any dispute in that? He also said... Axl is brilliant, which I think most on this board would agree regardless of what happened or what you think of new/old GNR.

How is that sucking his cock. If Axl would be asked what do you think of VR do you think he would come out and say it sucks. Most likely not... if he would say it sucked he would sound like a dick and maybe come accross as jealous or spiteful. He would probably just say... It sounds good... different than the original or new GNR. Slash came up with some cool riffs as always. Thats it. If he says the former is he a pussy? Or is he sucking Slash's cock because he can honestly say that some of his riffs are cool?

I think it is cool Slash is giving him props. I love Slash and the original GNR, however, I also love Axl and think new GNR has made some cool music which I cannot wait to hear.

It's funny how the people who are always saying that people need to accept the new GNR and not live in the past wishing for a reunion are the same people who get pissed off at anything the original members say or do even when praising or complimenting Axl and new GNR.

It's like if someone tells you... "your good looking"... and your response to them is... Fuck you asshole! I still do not comprehend how these people are even GNR fans when they literally hate Slash and the original members. I don't think that the people who prefer the original members over the new GNR actually hate Axl or the new members. These people only wish to someday see the original members for one last time, most probably because they are responsible for creating their favorite songs and they simply never got the opportunity to see them live. What the fuck is so terrible about that.

Additionally, people such as myself want the new music to come out, and to support the band, and Axl. However, we would alsolike for Axl to speak to his fans and let them know what is going on with himself and GNR GOOD or BAD, simply because we are fands.

And for those saying Slash is a media whore... shut the fuck up already with that shit. You act as if Slash is coming out on Barney and friends or jamming with Jonnas Brothers or whatever their name is. Don't sit there and tell me that you would not love for Axl to be out there in the media letting you know what he thinks about certain music, where his inspirations come from, what he was going through in his personal life when he came up with a song, etc.

As a matter of fact in the 80's & 90's Axl was ALWAYS on MTV doin interviews with Kurt Loder and Ricky Ratman and Tabitha Soren and a bunch of other people. So I guess he was a media whore too back in the day. Actually he was just being cool and informing his fans of what was going on in the GNR world atthe time. Now he does not do that and that is his decision, but as a fan of Axl I would love to see more interviews of Axl or him performing with other musicians, or coming out on music award shows (presenting or performin), and or any other kind of exposure that would allow his fans to know him better and the new GNR members.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #59 on: September 08, 2008, 04:56:30 PM »

And for those saying Slash is a media whore... shut the fuck up already with that shit. You act as if Slash is coming out on Barney and friends or jamming with Jonnas Brothers or whatever their name is.

Awww, the truth hurts?

Since this is the VR section, take a look at the others in that band.

Duff is in the press here and there promoting his new Loaded EP. That makes sense. He's actually playing shows with Loaded to promote it too.

Slash is in the papers, promoting...... What? Himself?

I thought his book tour ended last year....  He's not promoting the new solo album since it's not done and he's definitely not promoting Libertad.

Matt Sorum is, like often, just trying to keep the fans interested in his band by posting those non-updates on their Myspace.

Nice try of changing the focus to Axl.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: