Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 09:54:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228062 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash has listened to Chinese Democracy
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash has listened to Chinese Democracy  (Read 60323 times)
Hudson
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #60 on: September 08, 2008, 05:14:55 PM »

Everyone in VR except for Dave are out promoting different things. Duff is out performing with Loaded, he has been coming out on different talk radio shows to promote Nutsie.com, He came out on Loaded Livethrough this on Fuse the other night, plus he also does numerous print interviews promoting VR, Loaded, Nutsie.com, etc. Matt was out doing all types of promotions for Camp Freddy, his clothing line, his website Matt Sorum TV, VR, and some of the artists which record in his studio. Slash is out promoting Reckless Road with Marc Canter, performing at Lallapallooza with Perry Ferrel, jamming with Camp Freddy, and is asked to perform with numerous musicians all the time. All these guys talk to the media, which is smart from a business perspective because they keep people interested in them and the bands that they are in as you indicated, so that is why they speak to the media.  Additionally Slash is in the papers because he goes to award shows like 2008 VMAS, plays at different award shows, festivals, ceremonies, were there is media all over and he does not shy away from being asked questions... once again what is the problem with that. You could be honest and just admit that if Axl were to do exactly the same it would be awesome and he would not be considered a media whore either.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #61 on: September 08, 2008, 05:17:50 PM »

once again what is the problem with that.

No problem.

Why do you have a problem with people pointing out the fact that he seems to love being in the spotlight?

Even when he's not got a new record, book, guitar, action figure or video game out.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #62 on: September 08, 2008, 05:27:13 PM »

You act as if Slash is coming out on Barney and friends or jamming with Jonnas Brothers or whatever their name is.

Well, Ellen might have been pushing the envelope.  Wink

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Agno
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #63 on: September 08, 2008, 05:32:33 PM »

No problem.

Why do you have a problem with people pointing out the fact that he seems to love being in the spotlight?

Even when he's not got a new record, book, guitar, action figure or video game out.

/jarmo

You seem to have problem with him being in the spotlight so you give bad comments on everything he does. Don't understand what the point is.. It's really anoying to read your bashing comments. What is your point? Getting attention like Slash? Why don't you go with no comment, like you wanted Slash to do in another thread? Why do you write about someone you seem to hate?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #64 on: September 08, 2008, 05:40:25 PM »

Hate?

I comment, just like you.

The fact that I don't see things like you shouldn't matter.

If you have a different opinion, why not try to convince me that I'm wrong with facts instead of this old "why do you post about Slash when you hate him so much?" or "Axl was on MTV too!" shit?

You don't get the impression that he loves the spotlight and will appear almost anywhere?

Even when he's not promoting anything.

Did you like him trying to sell his house on Ellen? Was that cool?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Giant_Robot
Rocker

I am not your standard Chicken Dinner

« Reply #65 on: September 08, 2008, 05:43:39 PM »

No problem.

/jarmo

You seem to have problem with him being in the spotlight so you give bad comments on everything he does. Don't understand what the point is.. It's really anoying to read your bashing comments. What is your point? Getting attention like Slash? Why don't you go with no comment, like you wanted Slash to do in another thread? Why do you write about someone you seem to hate?
If you dont like what someone has posted, Why don't you go with no comment ?  hihi Tongue

Thanks Giant Robot...
Agno
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #66 on: September 08, 2008, 05:52:25 PM »

It's really cool I think. If someone ask him to be a part of a show or something, that he think is fun why shouldn't he participate on it? What is he supose to do else? Sit at home just because some fans don't like to hear from him?? He's a big star and he is a good promoter, but he does it because he want to do it. I can't see the problem. And the hate question, as long as I can remember you have comment on almost all Slash post since a year or something and all comments are bad. It seems to me that you hate him, but what do I know?
Agno
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #67 on: September 08, 2008, 05:57:32 PM »

No problem.

/jarmo

If you dont like what someone has posted, Why don't you go with no comment ?  hihi Tongue
I use to do that, but right now I wanted to give a comment.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #68 on: September 08, 2008, 06:00:34 PM »

It's really cool I think. If someone ask him to be a part of a show or something, that he think is fun why shouldn't he participate on it?

Good for you.

I think if he goes on a TV show to promote a record, that's part of being a professional musician.

But trying to sell your house....

Maybe it's supposed to be comedy.

/jarmo

Giant_Robot
Rocker

« Reply #69 on: September 08, 2008, 06:04:55 PM »

It's really cool I think. If someone ask him to be a part of a show or something, that he think is fun why shouldn't he participate on it? What is he supose to do else? Sit at home just because some fans don't like to hear from him?? He's a big star and he is a good promoter, but he does it because he want to do it. I can't see the problem. And the hate question, as long as I can remember you have comment on almost all Slash post since a year or something and all comments are bad. It seems to me that you hate him, but what do I know?
The thing is that when velvet revolver was formed, slash and the press couldnt get enough of trying to hurt Axl, but now Axl got a brand new song coming out on very popular video game, slash has all of a sudden found a new love for his former band member.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2008, 06:07:59 PM by AppetiteForIllusion » Logged

Thanks Giant Robot...
Agno
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #70 on: September 08, 2008, 06:11:52 PM »

The thing is that when velvet revolver was formed, slash and the press couldnt get enough of trying to hurt Axl, but now Axl got a brand new song coming out on very popular video game, slash has all of a sudden found a new love for his former band member.
And that is not good? You don't want them to be friends?
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #71 on: September 08, 2008, 06:24:15 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJKfzZZM5eA
Giant_Robot
Rocker

« Reply #72 on: September 08, 2008, 06:32:22 PM »

The point of my pervious post is that It has nothing to do about having a freindship with Axl the reason why slash is now saying nice things is to make his public image look good, to make slash look like he "isn't the bad guy"
 peace
« Last Edit: September 08, 2008, 06:36:13 PM by AppetiteForIllusion » Logged

Thanks Giant Robot...
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #73 on: September 08, 2008, 06:33:34 PM »

who's that?

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
$$$$
VIP

the disrespect in your eye

« Reply #74 on: September 08, 2008, 06:45:14 PM »

The point of my pervious post is that It has nothing to do about having a freindship with Axl the reason why slash is now saying nice things is to make his public image look good, to make slash look like he "isn't the bad guy"
 peace

I agree. I think he also realizes that if he bad talks Axl and CD does really well he will look like an idiot especially now that VR has fallen apart.

I think hes trying to seem as supportive as possible so he wont have to eat his words if CD is really successful.

BASTARD SON OF A LOADED GUN
Agno
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #75 on: September 08, 2008, 07:02:05 PM »

peace
Why does it bother you? If had said anything bad about Axl you would have been mad. If he says something good your mad also, what is he supose to say? Maybe the fact is that he want's to get in touch with Axl after all these years? Maybe he just like the album. Why would Slash be the bad guy?
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #76 on: September 08, 2008, 07:07:54 PM »

Slash, turning up somewhere for $$$

Integrity!
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #77 on: September 08, 2008, 07:17:42 PM »

the usual going around and playing songs he shouldn't be playing with people who have no business singing them.
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #78 on: September 08, 2008, 08:13:54 PM »

the usual going around and playing songs he shouldn't be playing with people who have no business singing them.

Yeah no kidding, It was pathetic watching him up there on the VMA's.  What the hell was he doing there ? well its not his fault he left the biggest band in the world cause he couldn't have his way.  I say F U slash you say you hated SCOM and Nov Rain, well guess what those songs that Axl wrote made you alot of money and fame.  He ain't shit without Axl obviously Axl doesn't need him, all Axl did was take his time and put out a record that VR couldn't even come close to making musically and lyrically.  Axl has a vision ! Slash has a vision of $$$$$$$$$$$$$.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
Hudson
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #79 on: September 08, 2008, 08:32:29 PM »

I do not have a problem with Slash if he likes being in the spotlight. I love the fact that he does interviews and is friendly with the media. Even when he is not necessarilly promoting something. That is actually an added plus. I wish more celebrities would do that. However, I do have an issue when people criticize him and call him names because he compliments Axl and GNR. Once again he can never make fans such as yourselves happy.

If Slash would come out and say Axl is a fuckhead, new GNR sucks ass, and BBf is a shitty guitar player I would be the first to say Slash is talking shit and is a dickhead for saying shit like that. Additionally, I would look forward to Axl's response. But for him to come out and say hey the music is good and Axl is Brilliant. DUDE! What more do you want? according to some of you this is kissing his ass. If he would have said no comment, then he would be a pussy. And if he says it sucks, then he is talking shit. So once again what do you want him to say or do.

I think the appropriate reaction from us should simply be... that was cool on Slash's part period, no more no less.

By the way when CD comes out you know Axl will be asked the same questions as slash. What about VR? Have you heard their music? What do you think of their music? Have you talked to Slash? What about a reunion? Etc. And yes it will be annoying and yes Axl will be annoyed and so will the rest of the band.

With regards to Slash going on Ellen to sell his house. First it was smart BUSINESS. The real estate market is down and he was having trouble selling his house. What better way to go on a national show with millions of viewers to promote selling his house. If you had a few million bucks laying around and you saw Slash selling his house... would you not love to buy his house. Shit I would have loved to have bought the house he sold to Billy Bob Thorton with the Snakepit Studio.

The second point is that it is FUN! Slash invited ellen over showed her the house, played guitar and talked shit with Ellen, and had fun. Slash is a 40 year old man who has made millons of dollars and has millions of fans worldwide. Just like Axl, he does not give a shit what you and I think. He is going to do whatever he wants, and he probably knows or has met Ellen and she invited him on his show. So who cares. Maybe Perla loves Ellen's show and Slash said fuck it tell her to come over to show her the house to please his wife. You are going to say that after 20 plus years and after selling millions of records worldwide with three different bands and playing with the whos who in the music industry he is not cool because he went on the Ellen show to show his house. Please!

As a matter of fact I thought it was cool to see his house and where he lives. Apparently I am not the only one because MTV happens to have a show where millions of people tune in each and every week to see celebrities show their homes to their fans, if you have not heard of it, its called MTV CRIBS.

Who knows maybe when CD comes out Axl will come out on CRIBS and show us his house. I would love for this t happen to see what those who criticized Slash would say then.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: