Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 06:30:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash has listened to Chinese Democracy
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash has listened to Chinese Democracy  (Read 60280 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #100 on: September 09, 2008, 04:49:37 PM »

He says something positive about GnR and still there's outrage! Poor ol' Slash can't win can he?  hihi

No, the problem is him "reviewing" the record before it's out.

First he says he wishes the leaker will rot in jail and then he goes on to talk about an album that's not out yet.

So, how did he get it?

He sure as hell didn't go and buy it.

Someone gave it to him?

Isn't that what the leaker used as his defense?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #101 on: September 09, 2008, 04:50:21 PM »

ok first off Richard wasn't presenting a award he was playing Rhianna's band BIG DIFFRENCE !!!! and im sure about 2 percent of that crowd knew that Richard was playing up there.  Second of all this is the first time i've heard Del say anything about Slash ! and let me remind you.  Just because your guitar hero plays the same ol riff over and over again and looks like he did 20 years ago, doesn't mean he was telling the truth about Axl.  Let's put it this Axl wanted to go in a new direction and slash wasn't talented enough to do so.  Slash can say all the good things he wants about GnR HE AIN'T GETTING BACK IN.

rofl Slash plays with Fergie. Fortus plays with Rihanna. Oh I get it-its because they're different women!

Your 'guitar hero' (and I do like Fortus) is playing that 'not talented' Slash's riffs. Pot. Kettle. Black.

ok you didn't read what I said " I said Slash wasn't talented enough to play the new material" Slash was up there playing with Fergie as in a duo.  Richard was up there playing as a session player BIG DIFFRENCE.  You can sit there and come up with excuses all day for Slash it ain't gonna work.  It is what it is ! Slash regrets leaving GnR and now he's trying to get into good graces with Axl, after he f*cked Axl over in the press.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
SlashRock
Rocker

G'N'F'n'R

« Reply #102 on: September 09, 2008, 04:57:05 PM »

First he says he wishes the leaker will rot in jail and then he goes on to talk about an album that's not out yet.

So, how did he get it?

Someone gave it to him?

/jarmo

There's a difference between leaking a bunch of songs online and just listening to the leaks themselves. Listening to the leaks themselves isn't gonna harm the sales of the record-especially considering the people who have downloaded them are the most hardcore of fans. I personally have only heard the said leaks live so I don't know the quality of them professionally. Leaking the album online will obviously affect sales. Slash does not contradict himself in this sense.

'Excuse me whilst I kiss the sky!'
SlashRock
Rocker

G'N'F'n'R

« Reply #103 on: September 09, 2008, 05:03:01 PM »

ok you didn't read what I said " I said Slash wasn't talented enough to play the new material" Slash was up there playing with Fergie as in a duo.  Richard was up there playing as a session player BIG DIFFRENCE.  You can sit there and come up with excuses all day for Slash it ain't gonna work.  It is what it is ! Slash regrets leaving GnR and now he's trying to get into good graces with Axl, after he f*cked Axl over in the press.

You're stating personal opinion and not solid facts here. There is no evidence to suggest Slash could not handle the new material-just because he plays straightforward rock in VR does not mean he cannot experiment in other styles. Both Slash and Fortus played with a pop musician-there is no difference no matter how you try and create different playing roles. There is also no evidence that Slash wants to return to GnR. Again that is your opinion. Lets stick to facts please. Tongue

'Excuse me whilst I kiss the sky!'
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #104 on: September 09, 2008, 05:06:22 PM »

@ jarmo as you have said yourself can you not see the difference between 2 things...

someone gave it to the leaker, he then took it upon himself to put it on his website for the world to download

someone gave it to slash (full album? who the fuck knows apart from slash) and he listened to it, and then someone asked him about it and he didn't lie. i mean we all know how much you like it when slash lies, but now it seems you don't like him telling the truth either?

and let me remind you.  Just because your guitar hero plays the same ol riff over and over again and looks like he did 20 years ago, doesn't mean he was telling the truth about Axl.  Let's put it this Axl wanted to go in a new direction and slash wasn't talented enough to do so.  Slash can say all the good things he wants about GnR HE AIN'T GETTING BACK IN.

this isn't about axl. stop bringing axl into it...

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #105 on: September 09, 2008, 05:17:55 PM »

@ jarmo as you have said yourself can you not see the difference between 2 things...

someone gave it to the leaker, he then took it upon himself to put it on his website for the world to download

I know the difference between leaking songs online and listening to them.  Roll Eyes That's not what this is about at all.

But the fact remains, both of them got songs that are not out somehow.

One put the online (not cool) and the other one basically reviewed the songs.

Why not just wait until the album is out for the review?

Imagine if he in fact has listened to the same leaks that he wishes the guy responsible will rot in jail.....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
ckgent
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #106 on: September 09, 2008, 05:40:40 PM »

i dont class what slash did as a review. Surely a review is a bit more detailed or gives a rating. I dont feel he has done either. A question to you Jarmo.... If someone is t let you have a copy before it hits the shelves, are you honestly saying you wont listen to it until you can go and buy it also?? even if its a gift from someone in the gn'r camp?? (technically that was 2 questions).
suicide
VIP

« Reply #107 on: September 09, 2008, 05:47:19 PM »

Jarmo, please answer this question honestly: have you ever listened to any of the leaks? I'm not asking for a review here, a yes or no will do.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #108 on: September 09, 2008, 05:57:50 PM »

Since a lot of people have gotten attacked for talking about the album when it's not out (not mentioning any names), does this apply for Slash?  hihi

Listening to an album is one thing, but now he's talking to the press about it. And not just "I can't wait to hear it" stuff.

Just like talking about the leaker created additional headlines, this will once again prove to all Slash fans how cool he is for being nice towards Axl.

Are his feelings genuine? I don't know...

Jarmo, please answer this question honestly: have you ever listened to any of the leaks? I'm not asking for a review here, a yes or no will do.

I have answered that in the past and what does this have to do with me?

Why is it that every other thread is either about Axl or me in this section?  Tongue

/jarmo

Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #109 on: September 09, 2008, 06:10:32 PM »

if he lies they bitch
if he's honest they bitch
if he compliments axl they bitch
if he slags off axl they bitch
if he talks about vr they bitch
if he talks about gnr they bitch

basicly if Slash opens his mouth Jarmo, JB etc will bitch, it doesn't matter what he says, they will find something a reason to bitch about it.

---------

suicide jarmo has said he heard the leaks. but not in full.

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #110 on: September 09, 2008, 06:14:46 PM »

Some of these "slash isn't talented enough, he wants back in GNR" comments sound ridiculous. And I don't think he wants back in GNR either. Considering the number of times he's said something along the lines of "I doubt it'll ever happen" when asked about GNR reunions, he doesn't seem too anxious to "want back in". Perhaps he does want to be on good terms with Axl again? Not because he wants to be in GNR, but just to be friends (sorta) again. Perhaps he does think the songs he's heard are brilliant? Not everything you read is a lie....

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #111 on: September 09, 2008, 06:41:43 PM »

and this has gone so far off topic it's unreal.

slash is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't when asked questions about GnR.

I really want to know if Slash heard the finished product and if so who gave it to him?

maybe he knows how to use utorrents?

very unlikely

I was being sarcastic. The simple thought of it makes me laugh.  hihi

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #112 on: September 09, 2008, 06:46:33 PM »

basicly if Slash opens his mouth Jarmo, JB etc will bitch, it doesn't matter what he says, they will find something a reason to bitch about it.

Wrong. He's free to talk about his own band, record, action figure, performing with the Best Buy band or whatever.

But he just can't stop talking about Axl can he?

Remember that one time when he said he was done talking about Axl/GN'R?

And it lasted for that one interview....

I'm glad he says he likes the music. But what would've happened if he said the opposite? Wouldn't it have made him seem bitter?

Maybe it'll mean the Slash fans can get over the fact that it's not AFD now...

/jarmo
« Last Edit: September 09, 2008, 07:05:32 PM by jarmo » Logged

alejoyp
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #113 on: September 10, 2008, 12:19:53 AM »

He says something positive about GnR and still there's outrage! Poor ol' Slash can't win can he?  hihi

So, how did he get it?

Someone gave it to him?

/jarmo

Do you know where or what did Slash hear the cd? Or which one gave him the music?
Baz reviewed CD several times... n' so many others (for example David Wild)...
We know that those people heard the cd because of Axl or with his permission so there's no problem...
Also a lot of musicians or producers involved in the project n' people form Universal or form the industry...
We didn't know if Slash listened to the leaks or who gave the music...
maybe Axl? who knows! hihi
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #114 on: September 10, 2008, 12:20:19 AM »

I just don't understand the reasoning, here.  Someone asked him about it - he answered.  He answered positively - he didn't give a "review".  He could have slammed it, I suppose, but he didn't.  Why shouldn't he have heard some of it? or have received a copy?   He used to be in that band, so I'm sure he still has some connections, somewhere.   And he's free to talk about whatever the fuck he wants, and to answer questions, when asked, even if it is about Axl, again.  He used to be in the band, an integral part of the band - so I'm sure people who do interviews are going to, logically, bring that up.      

Yeah, if he'd answered the opposite, he'd be accused of being bitter.  So, he answers positively, and he "just can't stop talking about Axl" and he "wants to be back in the band", according to some of the above posts.  

GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #115 on: September 10, 2008, 02:08:29 AM »

Slash is one of the Top 5 greatest guitarist ever there's not doubt about it.  Just  hasn't reinvented himself and he seems stuck in the past.  He said he wrote his book to stop talking about GnR and he seems to still talks about the old band.  I hate to break it to you guys the old band ain't coming back. 

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #116 on: September 10, 2008, 03:58:41 AM »

ok first off Richard wasn't presenting a award he was playing Rhianna's band BIG DIFFRENCE !!!! and im sure about 2 percent of that crowd knew that Richard was playing up there.  Second of all this is the first time i've heard Del say anything about Slash ! and let me remind you.  Just because your guitar hero plays the same ol riff over and over again and looks like he did 20 years ago, doesn't mean he was telling the truth about Axl.  Let's put it this Axl wanted to go in a new direction and slash wasn't talented enough to do so.  Slash can say all the good things he wants about GnR HE AIN'T GETTING BACK IN.

rofl Slash plays with Fergie. Fortus plays with Rihanna. Oh I get it-its because they're different women!

Your 'guitar hero' (and I do like Fortus) is playing that 'not talented' Slash's riffs. Pot. Kettle. Black.

If Slash would want to be in good graces with Axl, I wouldn't be that suprised. They spent some great years together, they shared something special, they were very close, they supported each other when there was need for it and blah blah blah.. I think there's enough reason for these two, and all the other "old guys" too, to get into good graces with each other. It has nothing to with wanting back to GN'R or getting their names on the paper.

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #117 on: September 10, 2008, 08:05:08 AM »

Slash will always be asked about GNR. GNR is what made him famous. And if he refused to speak about the band at all, it would look..... odd. It's like Robert Plant being asked about Led Zeppelin. He doesn't seem too keen to have a full-blown reunion and seems happy with his solo career but people ask him questions about the band all the time. Perhaps Slash would like to not speak so much about Guns and focus on new music/VR etc. but people will always be interested.

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
$$$$
VIP

the disrespect in your eye

« Reply #118 on: September 10, 2008, 08:32:52 AM »

Slash should take a page out of Duffs book. he keeps a low profile generally, doesnt really do interviews unless he has something to talk about, and when asked about Axl/GNR he simply says something like " I wish them the best" end of story. smoking

BASTARD SON OF A LOADED GUN
Agno
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #119 on: September 10, 2008, 10:05:46 AM »

Since a lot of people have gotten attacked for talking about the album when it's not out (not mentioning any names), does this apply for Slash?  hihi

Listening to an album is one thing, but now he's talking to the press about it. And not just "I can't wait to hear it" stuff.

/jarmo

Sebastian Bach has talked alot more about the album than Slash and he has been giving alot more details.. You think that is ok? If not why don't you complain about Sebastian to?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: