Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 08:26:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash has listened to Chinese Democracy
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash has listened to Chinese Democracy  (Read 60303 times)
$$$$
VIP

the disrespect in your eye

« Reply #120 on: September 10, 2008, 10:08:56 AM »

Since a lot of people have gotten attacked for talking about the album when it's not out (not mentioning any names), does this apply for Slash?  hihi

Listening to an album is one thing, but now he's talking to the press about it. And not just "I can't wait to hear it" stuff.

/jarmo

Sebastian Bach has talked alot more about the album than Slash and he has been giving alot more details.. You think that is ok? If not why don't you complain about Sebastian to?

I could be mistaken but I think Sebastian has made sure to get Axls blessings before revealing any info about the album.

I remember him saying how he asked Axl if it was OK to mention certain song titles etc

BASTARD SON OF A LOADED GUN
Agno
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #121 on: September 10, 2008, 10:14:02 AM »

Since a lot of people have gotten attacked for talking about the album when it's not out (not mentioning any names), does this apply for Slash?  hihi

Listening to an album is one thing, but now he's talking to the press about it. And not just "I can't wait to hear it" stuff.

/jarmo

Sebastian Bach has talked alot more about the album than Slash and he has been giving alot more details.. You think that is ok? If not why don't you complain about Sebastian to?

I could be mistaken but I think Sebastian has made sure to get Axls blessings before revealing any info about the album.

I remember him saying how he asked Axl if it was OK to mention certain song titles etc

Ok so you want Axl to bless Slash, like if he were God or something?
$$$$
VIP

the disrespect in your eye

« Reply #122 on: September 10, 2008, 10:17:37 AM »

yes thats exactly what im saying Roll Eyes

BASTARD SON OF A LOADED GUN
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #123 on: September 10, 2008, 10:23:04 AM »

/jarmo

Why? Because Sebastian isn't Slash.

Axl sang on his album. Doesn't that tell you something?

Yeah, obviously you Slash fans can say that Slash constantly talking about Axl is the same thing as Baz talking about his friend.

Unfortunately for you, I don't think it's the same thing.

Somebody mentioned Duff.

Now, compare him and Slash.

It's quite interesting how differently they conduct themselves.

Sure, Duff has said some things I might not agree with over the years, but it seems like he doesn't need to constantly talk about Axl.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #124 on: September 10, 2008, 10:27:17 AM »

Sure, Duff has said some things I might not agree with over the years, but it seems like he doesn't need to constantly talk about Axl.

But I think Slash is the one the media wants to talk about Axl.

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #125 on: September 10, 2008, 10:31:12 AM »

Everybody wants to talk about Axl.....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #126 on: September 10, 2008, 11:35:29 AM »

^I guess it shows that there's still interest in him.

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Hudson
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #127 on: September 10, 2008, 12:31:52 PM »

The people that stand out the most in big bands are usually for the most part the lead guitarist and lead singer, i.e. Jagger/Richards, Page/Plant, Tyler/Perry, Axl/Slash. Lets look at original GNR. Who stood out the most... AXL/Slash.

The hardcore fans know that the success of the band and their music was a result of all 5 members contributions not just one or two. The casual fans usually only sees Axl and Slash because they were at the forefront of the band, i.e. the voice/lyrics, and guitar solos of GNR, and stamped all over MTV news and videos back in the day.

I remember watching the SCOM video when I was a little kid and there was something about Slash, you could not keep your eyes off his top hat and hair covering his face. He was like a cartoon character to me at the time. Axl is always going to stand out because he is the singer and has a tremendous presence. The rest of the members kind of faded into the background and did their thing while still kicking ass. So people are mostly interested in these two.

People that think Slash is always talking about Axl are people from these boards. Additionally the reason SLash talks about Axl is because he is constantly asked about Axl plain and simple. How many of you ever had a best or close friend for years for example from high school, you graduate move away and then you run into people from high school once in a while and they ask you hey what up with so and so... do you still talk to them? You probably have not talked or seen that person in years, but you will always be associated with that person. Same thing here no matter what you say Slash and Axl will always be associated together regardless if they ever speak to each other again, because they made ROCK HISTORY together.

From the former members Slash has the most stuff going on and yes he likes to go out and jam, go to parties, award shows, etc, etc. HE is a rock star! That is kind of what they do remember. I mean its the times we live in if it was the eighties you would probably not know of half these things. Today with the internet, youtube, and TMZ everyone is trying to get a piece of you... and Slash happens to be friendly and talk to people which is cool because we know what is going on with him.

All the other guys get asked the same stuff just less frequently because Steven is never invited to events like the American Music Awards, VMAS, etc. anymore and neither is Izzy, or Gilby. If they would, trust me everyone would ask them the same thing. Hey whats up with Axl? When was the last time you talked to Axl? Have you guys talked about a reunion? People are interested in these things even though we already know the answer since we are constantly reading up on this shit.

I am glad that they asked Slash that question and that he said he liked it, because I wanted to see what his opinion is. Like it or not it does matter to some people. There are several interviews that I have read or heard with Duff that they have asked him if he has listened to the new music from GNR and he always says no. I always find that hard to believe and seems a little weird, because I am sure he can get his hands on the material like Slash or he could listen to the stuff on the internet or youtube. Or someone has come into the studio and gone on youtube to show a clip of new GNR. I mean remember when VR dressed up like new GNR a few years ago for HAlloween? I mean he has to have listened to a couple of the songs by now, just like I am sure Axl has listened to VR by now. SO why not just admit it? It's like asking Jennifer Aniston hey have you heard Bradd Pitt married Angelina Jolie and had a couple of kids... and her response nah I haven't heard... oh Really!

So maybe he does not want to say so when he does interviews, but to me that it kind of bothers me a little bit because its not honest and it seems like he does not want to aknowledge what GNR is doing. So I see this more disturbing personally than when Slash says he heard it and liked it.

I respect Axl's choice to be reclusive and stay away from the media, although I would like to hear more from him. I would like to know if he has heard VR material, has he talkded to any of the former members, including Slash, and yes what he thinks about the reunion (although I probably already know the answer, but I want to hear it from the horses mouth), aside from a million of other questions related to both new and old GNR, and most importantly him.

We all come on these boards to get information on our favorite band. That we all have in common. So I find it strange that some criticize one of the former members for giving us information whenever he is asked... while praising others for not giving any information when inside you are dying to know when the album is coming out, when they are going to tour, whats up with Robin, what does the cover art look like, etc. That does not make sense.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #128 on: September 10, 2008, 12:40:31 PM »

People that think Slash is always talking about Axl are people from these boards. Additionally the reason SLash talks about Axl is because he is constantly asked about Axl plain and simple.

Do you remember when he said he was gonna stop?

Didn't he write a book in order to get less GN'R questions?

/jarmo

Hudson
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #129 on: September 10, 2008, 12:45:05 PM »

Apparently not everyone has read his book.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #130 on: September 10, 2008, 01:01:28 PM »

I don't read your books either
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #131 on: September 10, 2008, 01:46:40 PM »

Answer the question: Didn't he say that getting so many GN'R questions was one of the reasons he wrote it?

/jarmo

Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #132 on: September 10, 2008, 02:15:16 PM »

the Slash book has absolutely nothing to do with the new leaks, so there is no point to mention it here.
and i bet, Jarmo, if you would quit this board becoming a new moderator of a POISON website people would still ask you about GN'R.
i respect every artists' choice to talk or not to talk about certain things from their past or current activities.

Re-Union time, baby!!
Hudson
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #133 on: September 10, 2008, 02:18:42 PM »

Yes, he did say that is one of the reasons he wrote the book, not the only reason. Additionally, he did not say that he would not answer another GNR question as a result of his book.

He gets questions asked and he answers. Example, when he went on David Lettermen to promote his book, Dave "Specifically" asked him about the story about Axl jumping out of his car. Dave did not say... well tell the audience something from the book and Slash randomly picked an Axl story.

Listen I get annoyed when Rolling Stone or some stupid media outlets ask the stupid resdundant questions we all know the answer... like when VR initially formed and they are asking Slash whats up with a GNR reunion. It's like dude we just formed a new band can you ask us about our new music. It is annoying. They will probably ask Axl the day when CD comes out the same shit... Hey Axl will there be a reunion?

Some of these rock journalist have no clue what is really going on with these musicians and quite frankly it is embarrassing. Jarmo I am sure you and any one of us here can ask Axl, new GNR, and the former members way more interesting questions than probably 90% of the people who actually get the opportunity to do an interview.

However, I would say that asking Slash if he has heard CD is interesting and something that I have been wanting to know the answer to for quite some time.

There was a time when he was getting asked this question and he would say that he had not heard CD. I thought that was bullshit because we have all heard new GNR on youtube, the internet, whatever. So I think he was just dodging the question.

Now he said he heard it and liked it. Thank you... that is all I wanted to know.

If he would say no comment to GNR questions that would just be the most irritating thing in the world IMHO.

Drope
Opening Act

Hincha de Boca

« Reply #134 on: September 10, 2008, 02:34:09 PM »

I think we, as Guns N' Roses fans, over the years (and specially in times of lack of news), have got an hability to kind of "over read" what people say. Trying to find it the good or the bad side of everything. This guys are constantly exposed to interviews. This guys have played in a band like Guns N' Roses, and reached a level of exposure in which every blood licker interviewer would want to take juicie words from them. And that is what actually happens. And we, as fans, get to all this information, which repeats all the time kind of the same.

And with that capacity of "over reading" everything, trying to find (yes, us too) the juicie part of everything, we misunderstand everything. I personally think that Slash just gave his opinion of what he thought about the album, and over-reading it, trying to find something to criticize him, all this controversy was started. If Slash have said that this album was crap, nobody would be talking about "how he wants to talk about Axl".

It's true too, that Slash could just say 'I don't want to talk about that' and that's it. I think that, trying to be nice with everyone, maybe talks too much about certain topics of which he should be more careful. But I don't think it has an interest. I don't think he does it with the intention of auto-benefit himself or damage Axl, at all.

I don't know, at least this is what I think. And sorry about my english. I'm from Argentina.

Las penas son de nosotros, las vaquitas son ajenas.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #135 on: September 10, 2008, 03:05:54 PM »

the Slash book has absolutely nothing to do with the new leaks, so there is no point to mention it here.

I asked a legit question.

So all Slash fans, didn't he say he wrote the book partly due to all the GN'R questions he gets.

Follow up question, have you noticed a decrease in his GN'R talk since the book came out?

Yes, he did say that is one of the reasons he wrote the book, not the only reason.

Of course not.

Additionally, he did not say that he would not answer another GNR question as a result of his book.

I believe he said something before Libertad was released.

/jarmo

LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #136 on: September 10, 2008, 03:22:05 PM »

I believe Slash specified that he wanted to clear up questions about why he left the band and why a reunion was unlikely.  People  still approached him like they couldn't believe he wasn't still with GNR.  He never said he wouldn't mention the band again or his opinion on any new music.

Having said that.....he does an awful lot of interviews for somebody with nothing to promote right now.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
alejoyp
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #137 on: September 10, 2008, 03:32:30 PM »

I think we, as Guns N' Roses fans, over the years (and specially in times of lack of news), have got an hability to kind of "over read" what people say. Trying to find it the good or the bad side of everything. This guys are constantly exposed to interviews. This guys have played in a band like Guns N' Roses, and reached a level of exposure in which every blood licker interviewer would want to take juicie words from them. And that is what actually happens. And we, as fans, get to all this information, which repeats all the time kind of the same.

And with that capacity of "over reading" everything, trying to find (yes, us too) the juicie part of everything, we misunderstand everything. I personally think that Slash just gave his opinion of what he thought about the album, and over-reading it, trying to find something to criticize him, all this controversy was started. If Slash have said that this album was crap, nobody would be talking about "how he wants to talk about Axl".

It's true too, that Slash could just say 'I don't want to talk about that' and that's it. I think that, trying to be nice with everyone, maybe talks too much about certain topics of which he should be more careful. But I don't think it has an interest. I don't think he does it with the intention of auto-benefit himself or damage Axl, at all.

I don't know, at least this is what I think. And sorry about my english. I'm from Argentina.

That's true... agree. N' also Rock magazines n' press in general don't write or ask for the hardcore Gn'R forum fans  hihi They care about massive public.
BTW i'm argentinian too  beer
Drope
Opening Act

Hincha de Boca

« Reply #138 on: September 10, 2008, 05:57:38 PM »

I asked a legit question.

So all Slash fans, didn't he say he wrote the book partly due to all the GN'R questions he gets.

Follow up question, have you noticed a decrease in his GN'R talk since the book came out?

/jarmo

Yes.

That ONLY means that his book wasn't able to reach one of his objetives.  Undecided

That's true... agree. N' also Rock magazines n' press in general don't write or ask for the hardcore Gn'R forum fans  hihi They care about massive public.
BTW i'm argentinian too  beer

Tell me you're a Boca Juniors fan and you could be my lost brother  hihi

Las penas son de nosotros, las vaquitas son ajenas.
Agno
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #139 on: September 10, 2008, 06:01:33 PM »

Having said that.....he does an awful lot of interviews for somebody with nothing to promote right now.
He promotes himself. Not an album or anything but just himself. And when he do put out an album or something like that, he will sell alot better than he would have if he had not promote himself like he do now.  ok It's buisness and I think he like to hang around!
« Last Edit: September 10, 2008, 06:10:37 PM by Agno » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: