Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 05:10:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash has listened to Chinese Democracy
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash has listened to Chinese Democracy  (Read 60256 times)
Hudson
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #160 on: October 24, 2008, 10:12:18 AM »

I thought the DJ was kind of funny. It goes to show you how careful you have to be not to bite on some of those questions, because that is how shit gets started. Slash was cool and respectful.

I heard another Slash interview yesterday on 790 the ticket a sports show... Slash was asked who was the most talented member in GNR and he said it was Axl and Steven. He said Axl was brilliant. He also said he has not talked to Axl in 12 years.  I think Slash will be doing more interviews because he is promoting the release of his book in paperback.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #161 on: October 24, 2008, 12:41:09 PM »

u know what, he probably tried to play the song too Grin
duga
VIP

If you're not a rock star - at least act like one

« Reply #162 on: October 24, 2008, 05:27:44 PM »

Slash on C.D.:

?That sounds cool,? Slash told a Boston radio station after hearing the song for the first time. ?It?s good to hear [Axl Rose?s] voice, you know??

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2008/10/24/news-ticker-slash-good-charlotte-paul-simon/

Stockholm 2006, Oslo 2010, Maryland 2016, Stockholm 2017, Gothenburg 2018

Power to the people, peace out and blame Canada
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #163 on: October 24, 2008, 05:32:25 PM »

Slash on C.D.:

?That sounds cool,? Slash told a Boston radio station after hearing the song for the first time. ?It?s good to hear [Axl Rose?s] voice, you know??

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2008/10/24/news-ticker-slash-good-charlotte-paul-simon/

+1 karma for Slash!  hihi

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #164 on: October 25, 2008, 11:07:38 AM »

Slash Endorses Chinese Democracy

The guitarist quit Guns N' Roses in 1996 after falling out with frontman Axl Rose.
Friday, October 24, 2008
 Daily Rock Photos - "Get the latest rock news!"

Former Guns N' Roses rocker Slash has given the band's long-awaited comeback album the thumbs up.

The guitarist quit Guns N' Roses in 1996 after falling out with frontman Axl Rose while the pair worked on the LP - which has taken 14 years to hit stores.

As Rose prepares for its November 24 release, Slash - now a member of supergroup Velvet Revolver - responded positively when played a track from the disc on a radio station this week.

He told listeners, "That sounds cool. It's good to hear (Axl Rose's) voice again, y'know?"

Isnt it great that the lameass DJ who was bashing Axl and CD had the opposite effect? Instead of getting Slash to say something negative, Slash said something positive and now/will  is national news. It kind of takes some heat off the band.

Ive always said if the music is great then the whole old gnr vs new gnr thing would wear off. Having Slash say its cool or whatever(even if he doesnt mean it) speeds up that process. Thanks Slash. And thanks to the loser behind the mic. Axl cant lose this week lol

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #165 on: October 25, 2008, 12:45:40 PM »

I thought the DJ was kind of funny.

seemed like an asshole to me.  thats funny?

Slash Endorses Chinese Democracy

The guitarist quit Guns N' Roses in 1996 after falling out with frontman Axl Rose.
Friday, October 24, 2008
 Daily Rock Photos - "Get the latest rock news!"

Former Guns N' Roses rocker Slash has given the band's long-awaited comeback album the thumbs up.

The guitarist quit Guns N' Roses in 1996 after falling out with frontman Axl Rose while the pair worked on the LP - which has taken 14 years to hit stores.

As Rose prepares for its November 24 release, Slash - now a member of supergroup Velvet Revolver - responded positively when played a track from the disc on a radio station this week.

He told listeners, "That sounds cool. It's good to hear (Axl Rose's) voice again, y'know?"

Isnt it great that the lameass DJ who was bashing Axl and CD had the opposite effect? Instead of getting Slash to say something negative, Slash said something positive and now/will  is national news. It kind of takes some heat off the band.

Ive always said if the music is great then the whole old gnr vs new gnr thing would wear off. Having Slash say its cool or whatever(even if he doesnt mean it) speeds up that process. Thanks Slash. And thanks to the loser behind the mic. Axl cant lose this week lol

Slash did handle this with class.   Credit where credit is due.
Maxi Fisher
Headliner

Yep we're fucked !

« Reply #166 on: October 26, 2008, 04:05:41 AM »

What a douchebag DJ

Slash did handle it very well.
SharonM
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #167 on: October 26, 2008, 10:14:58 AM »

I don't know if this has been linked yet, I haven't seen it. But Slash is even giving the song a thumbs up.   peace

http://www.x1063.com/cc-common/mainheadlines3.html?feed=104691&article=4469654

Sharon
Guitar1281
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #168 on: October 26, 2008, 01:51:20 PM »

I thought the DJ was kind of funny. It goes to show you how careful you have to be not to bite on some of those questions, because that is how shit gets started. Slash was cool and respectful.

I heard another Slash interview yesterday on 790 the ticket a sports show... Slash was asked who was the most talented member in GNR and he said it was Axl and Steven. He said Axl was brilliant. He also said he has not talked to Axl in 12 years.  I think Slash will be doing more interviews because he is promoting the release of his book in paperback.

He said Axl and STEVEN what the hell, that must have been a joke, i love popcorn to death, but if he was so talented i think we would have heard more music from him since his departure rather than just bands covering appetite. Are you serious he said Steven, it had to be a joke just had to...

Listen to my tribute to Axl - Parasite

https://soundcloud.com/withliberty/parasite
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #169 on: October 26, 2008, 02:43:03 PM »

Im gonna tell u, drummers have EXTRAordinary influence over rhythm and how u riff.

AFD has a sound unlike any other album and a lot of that is due to Adler and his drumming style.

I recently had the pleasure of playing with an amazing drummer, and I've never been a metal guy to be honest as far as songwriting goes.

I use to struggle writing heavy guitar riffs.

Something about the way the dude played drums though, had me writing guitar riffs on the spot, every band practice i would come up with shit loads of cool riffs and it was all due to the way he played drums and how i was inspired by his beats and feel.

So don't underestimate that.

So Adler and his drumming had LOTS to do with AFD's success and greatness

I know people like to dismiss Adler cause of all the shit that has happened and the fact he was dumped.

But I've yet to hear 'ANYBODY" not just GNR drummers but ANY drummer since duplicate what Adler did on AFD

Lars, Tommy and Dave Grohl had moments, but Adler is an underrated drummer due to being placed in an 80's stereotype and the fact he has been made into a punchline the way he was kicked out of GNR.

Just listen to his swing and rhythm on Rocket Queen for example. mindblowing drumming

AFD is an all time classic because every instrument is a hook

U just don't sing Axl's vocals, but u hum the guitar solos, u air guitar Izzy's chords, U can even hum Duff's basslines and Adlers drums, who doesn't air drum that shit that he does?

« Last Edit: October 26, 2008, 02:45:19 PM by D » Logged

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
IzzyDutch
VIP

Here Today... Fuck The Hell

« Reply #170 on: October 26, 2008, 02:58:31 PM »

^ Yeah well said.. Steven's just got the groove Cool

I remember several drum interviews, first Classic Rock were Steven was interviewed, he said Roger Taylor was a big inspiration for him. The particular way he used a kick/crash and stuff like that, he said it was all about the groove. I also remember Matt mentioning in his top x drummer list he did for a magazine that Steven gave GN'R a more punkrock sound because he had that kind of style on drums.
shadyklyde
Rocker

« Reply #171 on: October 26, 2008, 09:09:38 PM »

The interviewer said once how he wants CD to fail because slash isnt there then he brings up the solo on CD and says Slash tell me youre better then this but he replies Im not going to get in the middle of your guys debate.

Slash had an opportunity to check out the new Guns N' Roses single "Chinese Democracy" for the first time and was asked to offer his opinion on what he heard. "That sounds cool," Slash replied, before adding, "It's good to hear [Axl Rose's] voice, you know?!"

full audio here:: http://www.wbcn.com/pages/3191449

Slash Comments On The New GN'R Single
Friday ? October 24,  2008   7:44:08 AM

Former Guns N' Roses and current Velvet Revolver guitarist Slash was interviewed earlier today (Thursday, October 23) by Toucher and Rich of the Boston radio station WBCN 104.1 FM. During the course of the interview, Slash had an opportunity to check out the new Guns N' Roses single "Chinese Democracy" for the first time and was asked to offer his opinion on what he heard. "That sounds cool," Slash replied, before adding, "It's good to hear [Axl Rose's] voice, you know?!"

Slash recently spoke to the Artisan News Service about his upcoming solo album which is tentatively expected sometime next year.

"I'm just at the very tail end of doing demos for it right now," he said. "So, I'll probably have about four more songs left to record in demo form and then in January go into the studio and actually start recording. Schedule permitting, because I've got Velvet Revolver stuff if we find a singer. So, it's sort of a juggling act at the moment."

Although Slash didn't want to jinx anything by revealing any vocalists as of yet, it is rumored that his friends Lenny Kravitz, Sebastian Bach and Alice Cooper have initially committed to the project.

Source: Blabbermouth
« Last Edit: October 26, 2008, 09:45:12 PM by shadyklyde » Logged
Hudson
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #172 on: October 27, 2008, 10:35:34 AM »

Guitar1281: He was not joking when he mentioned Steven. I too was a little surprised because most people would not typically think of Axl & Steven as the most talented in the original band, but then again Slash was the one being asked the question.

The DJ also asked about a reunion and which drummer Slash would prefer... I cannot quote you Slash's response, but it was something along the lines that... although Matt is a great drummer he thinks Steven would be more appropriate because of the feel and his style (something like that). I was a little surprised he did not say Matt, but he did not say it as a knock against Matt, but more complimentary toward Steven.

Slash also said that Steven does not get a lot of credit perhaps because of  what happened, but that he is an amazing drummer. It appeared as though Slash has been in contact with Steven lately and they have been friendly, because they asked about Steven being in rehab and Slash was saying how he is trying to be there for him, etc. I thought that was cool too.

I have always struggled with which drummer I prefer between Steven and Matt. I think both are great but completely different. I think Steven is extremely talented and very underrated because of his drug issues. I finished reading reckless road recently, and I was amazed at how many songs GNR had written when they went to record AFD. They had material for AFD, Lies, and UYI I & II, plus a number of songs that were not released. Steven was part of that and that is pretty extraordinary, because there are a lot of cool drums on all those tracks.

I really hope Steven gets better because he has gone through some shit. Although a lot of it may have been his own doing, he seems to have a big heart and always PRAISE all the former members. Looking back... it has got to be depressing as shit seeing how he missed out on the best years of GNR because of his addiction.  He missed out on greater fame, fortune, and good times with the band, he will never get that back and that is hard to swallow.

Guitar1281
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #173 on: October 28, 2008, 02:23:08 PM »

People don't get me wrong, i know the importance of a great drummer/rhythm section, and I love the drumming on Appetite, but givin the knowledge of Steven that is presented to me from the media and his history, i wouldn't think he is in the top 2 brilliant minds in GNR, for sure Axl is there, we all know his track record, slash is obviously there but he is not going to say himself, hes not pompus, but you think he would have mentioned Izzy for the ability to write a song/second guitar part to perfectly compliment slash's, or duff who also had alot to do with the aggressive driving quality of the songs, I'm gonna repeat this again i  love'd adlers work, but based on the limited amount i've heard (just appetite and lies) i find it hard to consider him brilliant, if he did more things than rest on his appetite laurels after getting the boot i might then reconsider, or even if i heard his drumming to songs off of UYI, i just find it hard to belive he is one of the more talented members based on his musical output since then. But maybe if i knew steven adler the way slash does i could reconsider

Listen to my tribute to Axl - Parasite

https://soundcloud.com/withliberty/parasite
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #174 on: October 28, 2008, 03:29:48 PM »

Oct 28th 2008

All the music world is abuzz about the Nov. 23 release of Guns N' Roses' forever-in-the-making album 'Chinese Democracy.' Well, save for ex-GN'R guitarist Slash.

"I don't talk about it," he tells Spinner. "I'm not on that record, I have nothing to do with it and there's really nothing else to say."

http://www.spinner.com/2008/10/28/slash-diplomatic-about-chinese-democracy/

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #175 on: October 28, 2008, 03:38:35 PM »

"I don't talk about it," he tells Spinner. "I'm not on that record, I have nothing to do with it and there's really nothing else to say."

Thank you!

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #176 on: October 28, 2008, 03:43:46 PM »

Oct 28th 2008

All the music world is abuzz about the Nov. 23 release of Guns N' Roses' forever-in-the-making album 'Chinese Democracy.' Well, save for ex-GN'R guitarist Slash.

http://www.spinner.com/2008/10/28/slash-diplomatic-about-chinese-democracy/

Slash doesn't wanna talk about GNR?? confused    That's gotta be a first!!!  hihi

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #177 on: October 28, 2008, 04:04:12 PM »

"I don't talk about it," he tells Spinner.

I have to say for not talking about it...he's doing a lot of talking about it.  hihi

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
ToonGuns
Headliner

Invest in those memories!

« Reply #178 on: October 28, 2008, 04:15:31 PM »

I have to say for not talking about it...he's doing a lot of talking about it.  hihi

I don't understand you guys... what do you want him to say?

What could he say as a response that would satisfy you?

A bad day in Rock N Roll is better than a good day at work!

Leeds Festival, UK - 23/08/2002
Download Festival, UK - 11/06/2006
Newcastle Arena, UK - 19/07/2006
Nottingham Arena, UK - 19/05/2012
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #179 on: October 28, 2008, 04:23:37 PM »

I don't understand you guys... what do you want him to say?

What could he say as a response that would satisfy you?

"No comment"

That would work.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: