Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 06:17:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash has listened to Chinese Democracy
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash has listened to Chinese Democracy  (Read 60273 times)
GeraldFord
« Reply #180 on: October 28, 2008, 04:29:22 PM »

He likes the song and said he heard the album and likes it. What's wrong with that?
Hudson
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #181 on: October 28, 2008, 04:45:04 PM »

"No comment"

That would work.

I think you are a little harsh sometimes man. You have to cut the guy some slack. He said he liked the song and even said it was good to hear Axl's voice after so many years.

If he would say "no comment" people would bash him and say shit like he sound jealous, pissed, envious, whatever.  Besides people do want to know if he has heard and want to know what he thinks.  I am sure many people here would like to know if Axl has heard VR.

I would love to know if Axl would come out tomorrow and say... Slash and me are friends again. We talked about shit and we are cool now. I had a barbecue at my house Slash Perla and the kids came over and everything is honky dory between him and me.  What would all you guys say? I mean seriously. Are you going to say... you see Axl is so understanding what a great guy. Slash is now cool again! We love Axl and we love Slash... because Axl said it's o.k. to like him again.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #182 on: October 28, 2008, 05:01:15 PM »

The same people who calls Slash lovers Axl bashers are the exact same thing reversed.

Slash goes on a radio station is bombarded out of the blue with CD. he gives it his blessing and tells the guys they aren't cool for trashing it in so many words. Compliments Axl but guess what?

Some people on here act like Slash is talking about GNR to promote a paperback................... HOW? He didn't go there to talk about GNR, they brought it up and blindsided him with it and he answered in a great way.

So on the other thing, he says he doesnt want to talk about it cause he isn't on the record and he gets bashed also.

He cant win.

U don't want him to talk about GNR but when he doesn't, he still gets insulted.

That to me is ridiculous.

Saying No Comment makes him look like a hater and like he has a grudge.

I know when Someone is asked a question and they say no comment, it is most of the time taken as negative.

Also, who cares anyway? Slash has more than earned the right to say anything about whatever he wants to music related.

Also, people on here want to forget the fact that Slash was in GNR

How about this Jarmo

the day Axl stops using Slash's music to promote himself and his band, the day Slash should shut up promoting himself through GNR?

That works for me.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2008, 05:03:10 PM by D » Logged

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #183 on: October 28, 2008, 05:44:08 PM »

How about this Jarmo

the day Axl stops using Slash's music to promote himself and his band, the day Slash should shut up promoting himself through GNR?

That works for me.

How about I ban you? That works for me.  Tongue

Are you really that single minded?

Guns N' Roses plays Guns N' Roses' songs.

It's really fucking simple. This isn't even about Axl so why do you have to bring him up in the first place?

Why not mention Bon Jovi? I mean, you love to do that in the GN'R section.

I didn't bash him for NOT talking about GN'R, I thanked him. Big fucking difference.

I didn't forget he was in GN'R. You seem to have forgotten that he's not been in GN'R since 1996!

Roll Eyes

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Olorin
« Reply #184 on: October 28, 2008, 06:03:51 PM »

Its hardly Slash's fault that his interviews end up all over the internet. He has been cool about folk asking him about it but has tactfully gave closed answers. It doesnt matter what he does now or in any future projects, he will always be Slash from GN'R in peoples minds and will always be pressed on GN'R matters.

"I'm not on that record, I have nothing to do with it and there's really nothing else to say", sounds like the perfect responce to anyone throwing it at him.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #185 on: October 28, 2008, 06:09:36 PM »

SLASH Says 'Chinese Democracy' Release Date Will 'Probably Stick' - Oct. 27, 2008

According to The Pulse of Radio, ex-GUNS N' ROSES lead guitarist Slash is among the many people curious to hear his former band's new album, "Chinese Democracy", when it's finally released on November 23 after a 13-year wait. Slash told The Pulse of Radio he still finds it hard to believe that singer Axl Rose is letting the record come out at last. "I've resigned to the concept that Axl's gonna do whatever he wants to do whenever he does it, and I don't really put a clock on that," he said. "And so I'm looking forward to it coming out and that's basically about it, so hopefully this date, it seems like they're pretty serious about it. And Axl's working with Irving (Azoff, manager), who I know really well. Irving's a good guy to have on your side, so it'll probably stick, you know."

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=107736

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #186 on: October 28, 2008, 06:11:19 PM »

"I'm not on that record, I have nothing to do with it and there's really nothing else to say", sounds like the perfect responce to anyone throwing it at him.

Does anybody actually think that if he kept that up, and didn't comment on GN'R, that journalists would keep asking about it?

You really think a DJ would follow up a "I don't wanna talk about GN'R since I'm not on that record" answer with more questions about it?

Let him talk about his action figure, paperback or whatever else he's promoting right now. Isn't that why he was interviewed in the first place?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #187 on: October 28, 2008, 06:16:18 PM »

That's cool Jarmo

U can ban people, so I guess we have to agree with you.

no big deal

just tired of people trying to erase the legacy these guys helped build. If he gets blindsided with a question, he has every right to answer it.

Its not like he is going on talk shows and seeking out attention.  Listening to that interview, its pretty obvious he had no clue what was going on.

he handled it perfectly so i don't get the negativity?

A ringing endorsement from a guy people expect to hate the new stuff is a great thing. I'm sorry you guys don't see that.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #188 on: October 28, 2008, 06:37:17 PM »

U can ban people, so I guess we have to agree with you.

People who get banned are often stupid.

Like Slash fans coming to a GN'R site to go on and on about Slash.... When there's a new single and album on the way.

I don't care if you don't agree with me. I care when you come to a GN'R site to troll.

And your post had some elements in it that I think are that kind of behavior.

I don't care what "works for you".

If you honestly think it's wrong for GN'R to play the old songs, I think you need to reconsider or keeping quiet about it here.

just tired of people trying to erase the legacy these guys helped build.

Oh really?

Where did I do that?

I don't think I said a bad thing about his guitar playing in GN'R.

he handled it perfectly so i don't get the negativity?

What's negative about thanking him for not commenting?

So even though I complimented him, you attack me.

hihi

/jarmo

GeraldFord
« Reply #189 on: October 28, 2008, 06:42:58 PM »

Wait a sec...

I'm listening to the WBCN interview and Slash said he had never heard the song before....

But didn't he say he heard the album?

Slash: To tell you the truth: I already listened to it.

?That sounds cool,? Slash told a Boston radio station after hearing the song for the first time. ?It?s good to hear [Axl Rose?s] voice, you know??
« Last Edit: October 28, 2008, 06:49:01 PM by RichardNixon » Logged
Olorin
« Reply #190 on: October 28, 2008, 06:51:03 PM »

Does anybody actually think that if he kept that up, and didn't comment on GN'R, that journalists would keep asking about it?

You really think a DJ would follow up a "I don't wanna talk about GN'R since I'm not on that record" answer with more questions about it?

Let him talk about his action figure, paperback or whatever else he's promoting right now. Isn't that why he was interviewed in the first place?

/jarmo

Well its early days since GN'R have released material off the record and he does keep that up then they might stop asking him about Chinese Democracy.

He never said he wasnt going to talk about GN'R previous to him leaving, and nor should he.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #191 on: October 28, 2008, 06:58:45 PM »

No Jarmo, I have no problems with them playing all the GNR catalog, Axl has every single right in the world to do so but sometimes it seems people think Slash and everyone else should forget they were in GNR.

If Slash,Duff,Izzy and Steven got back together tomorrow and wanted to go around the world playing GNR songs, that should be great because regardless whether they are in the band "Guns N' Roses" they still have the right to play what they helped create and they still have the right to talk about it.

now, if Slash were going on every show under the sun just to talk about Axl and GNR and CD, that would be bad. He obviously isn't doing that.

When they were doing VR press, its easier just to answer the question and move on. The more u dodge it, the more u will get it.

The way the media are here, of course they are going to want to know based on all the stuff they've heard over the years what he thinks about it.

One of the most famous bands of all time with one of the most infamous splits, Those questions are unavoidable.

The thing is, I'm sure he probably isn't thrilled being asked those questions either. Its a shitty business trying to promote stuff so yeah, in a way, maybe he does sell himself by talking about GNR at times but for everything he contributed to that band, I think his opinion holds a lot of weight.

There are so many old band fans who refuse to accept this band.  Having Izzy and now Slash endorse Axl goes a long way and I think is a great gesture.

you say that he should simply say "No Comment" and I don't agree.

If he says that, the press and everyone else is gonna take that as negative and blow it up into something it isn't.

Slash has taken up for him twice now. Once with his own bandmate Scott which one can say helped end VR and now with this.

U can say maybe he has an ulterior motive, or maybe he has matured and is doing the right/cool thing?

Olorin
« Reply #192 on: October 28, 2008, 06:58:51 PM »

Wait a sec...

I'm listening to the WBCN interview and Slash said he had never heard the song before....

?That sounds cool,? Slash told a Boston radio station after hearing the song for the first time. ?It?s good to hear [Axl Rose?s] voice, you know??

Just small talk I guess, he already confirmed in another interview what he heard were the skewrl leaks. It was this article that implied that it was his first time hearing it, Slash just gave a vague answer which didnt really give much away what he thought. For all we know he could have thought:"The demo I heard fucking owns this shit!"
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #193 on: October 28, 2008, 06:59:49 PM »

Wait a sec...

Here is how I look at it:

Slash was trying to avoid the subject. Sure he has heard it but he thought if he told them he hadn't, they'd just move on to the next question.

GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #194 on: October 28, 2008, 07:24:40 PM »

What do you think ?Chinese democracy? - the album your former colleague Axl Rose has been working on for ten years now - will sound like?

Slash: To tell you the truth: I already listened to it. At first I thought that I would never listen to it until it?s released, but someone handed it to me and I was in my car and I was like ?Okay, let?s give it a try.? So I listened to it: It?s a really good record. It?s very different from what the original Guns N? Roses sounded like, but it?s a great statement by Axl. Now you understand where he was heading all this time. It?s a record that the original Guns N? Roses could never possibly make. And at the same time it just shows you how brilliant Axl is. So it was a relief for me to actually hear it.

http://www.vanityfair.de/articles/kultur/musik-cd/interview/1987/07/21/1/11196/

http://www.wbcn.com/pages/3191449

Slash Comments On The New GN'R Single
Friday ? October 24,  2008   7:44:08 AM

Former Guns N' Roses and current Velvet Revolver guitarist Slash was interviewed earlier today (Thursday, October 23) by Toucher and Rich of the Boston radio station WBCN 104.1 FM. During the course of the interview, Slash had an opportunity to check out the new Guns N' Roses single "Chinese Democracy" for the first time and was asked to offer his opinion on what he heard. "That sounds cool," Slash replied, before adding, "It's good to hear [Axl Rose's] voice, you know?!"

SLASH Says 'Chinese Democracy' Release Date Will 'Probably Stick' - Oct. 27, 2008

According to The Pulse of Radio, ex-GUNS N' ROSES lead guitarist Slash is among the many people curious to hear his former band's new album, "Chinese Democracy", when it's finally released on November 23 after a 13-year wait. Slash told The Pulse of Radio he still finds it hard to believe that singer Axl Rose is letting the record come out at last. "I've resigned to the concept that Axl's gonna do whatever he wants to do whenever he does it, and I don't really put a clock on that," he said. "And so I'm looking forward to it coming out and that's basically about it, so hopefully this date, it seems like they're pretty serious about it. And Axl's working with Irving (Azoff, manager), who I know really well. Irving's a good guy to have on your side, so it'll probably stick, you know."

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=107736
Oct 28th 2008

All the music world is abuzz about the Nov. 23 release of Guns N' Roses' forever-in-the-making album 'Chinese Democracy.' Well, save for ex-GN'R guitarist Slash.

"I don't talk about it," he tells Spinner. "I'm not on that record, I have nothing to do with it and there's really nothing else to say."

http://www.spinner.com/2008/10/28/slash-diplomatic-about-chinese-democracy/

September 5 - Slash talks about the leaks
October 23 - Slash talks about the Chinese Democracy track
October 27 - Slash talks about the Chinese Democracy album
October 28 - Slash says "I don't talk about it"

hihi
« Last Edit: October 28, 2008, 07:26:39 PM by GypsySoul » Logged

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #195 on: October 28, 2008, 07:55:14 PM »

as I said in my previous posts.

Yeah, He has talked about GNR in the past but whether it is sports or whatever, u have to agree to answer a question or two about this before u can talk about that.  Its a shitty business but He isn't the only one that will be asked these questions.

Axl will I guarantee u be asked what he thought of VR and Im sure he will say nothing negative cause that is just how u get around journalism in this country.

In a perfect world things could just be, but that doesn't happen with stuff like this.

Also, Slash didn't go on radio "TO TALK" about CD. It isn't like his sole purpose was to go on there to talk about it. If he is asked during an interview, answer it.

I say now, he has changed his tune cause he is tired of fielding the same question.

*Timothy*
Banned
VIP

Liberated the WANG!!!

« Reply #196 on: October 28, 2008, 07:59:15 PM »

Much like Axl not being able to win with everybody I believe Slash is in the sane boat.

http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/

Liberating wangs one dong at a time!!!
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #197 on: October 28, 2008, 08:03:48 PM »

The way the media are here, of course they are going to want to know based on all the stuff they've heard over the years what he thinks about it.

Here's an idea: "Read my book, it's out now on paperback!"

Two birds with one stone.  ok

Apparently he wrote it to "set the record straight".

Why not tell the journalists that?

you say that he should simply say "No Comment" and I don't agree.

If he says that, the press and everyone else is gonna take that as negative and blow it up into something it isn't.

Well I guess you don't agree with his latest comment which basically is "no comment".  rofl

/jarmo

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #198 on: October 28, 2008, 08:13:05 PM »

It is funny, cause Slash seems like a really nice guy and that last one seemed like he was getting a bit frustrated.

I'd say there is probably a HUGE part of Slash that regrets quitting.

A ton of signs point to this and I cant blame him for regretting it.

I think Slash and Duff should take more blame also. There is nothing worse in the world than being a sober guy and having to deal with drunks and drug addicts.

So, the communication breakdowns I to be honest blame more on Slash and Duff. If u are sober, u don't want to hang out with a bunch of drug addicts.

Also, I think Axl is one of the most generous frontmen in music history. I mean, He let Duff, no offense to Duff, but he let Duff sing on UYI II and TSI!

how many frontmen let fellow bandmembers sing songs on an album?

that was totally off topic, but I don't like being called a "Troll" when I am not.

makane
Legend

« Reply #199 on: October 28, 2008, 09:20:49 PM »

What do you think ?Chinese democracy? - the album your former colleague Axl Rose has been working on for ten years now - will sound like?

Slash: To tell you the truth: I already listened to it. At first I thought that I would never listen to it until it?s released, but someone handed it to me and I was in my car and I was like ?Okay, let?s give it a try.? So I listened to it: It?s a really good record. It?s very different from what the original Guns N? Roses sounded like, but it?s a great statement by Axl. Now you understand where he was heading all this time. It?s a record that the original Guns N? Roses could never possibly make. And at the same time it just shows you how brilliant Axl is. So it was a relief for me to actually hear it.

http://www.vanityfair.de/articles/kultur/musik-cd/interview/1987/07/21/1/11196/

http://www.wbcn.com/pages/3191449

Slash Comments On The New GN'R Single
Friday ? October 24,  2008   7:44:08 AM

Former Guns N' Roses and current Velvet Revolver guitarist Slash was interviewed earlier today (Thursday, October 23) by Toucher and Rich of the Boston radio station WBCN 104.1 FM. During the course of the interview, Slash had an opportunity to check out the new Guns N' Roses single "Chinese Democracy" for the first time and was asked to offer his opinion on what he heard. "That sounds cool," Slash replied, before adding, "It's good to hear [Axl Rose's] voice, you know?!"

Oct 28th 2008

All the music world is abuzz about the Nov. 23 release of Guns N' Roses' forever-in-the-making album 'Chinese Democracy.' Well, save for ex-GN'R guitarist Slash.

"I don't talk about it," he tells Spinner. "I'm not on that record, I have nothing to do with it and there's really nothing else to say."

http://www.spinner.com/2008/10/28/slash-diplomatic-about-chinese-democracy/

September 5 - Slash talks about the leaks
October 23 - Slash talks about the Chinese Democracy track
October 27 - Slash talks about the Chinese Democracy album
October 28 - Slash says "I don't talk about it"

hihi

Maybe he finally got fed up with the same questions and made the "I don't talk about it" comment?

People need to try little harder to hate him these days, hes doing a good job not giving "material" for the trolls.
This is not him talking about CD "just for the fun of it", but 'cause every journalist for the next month will ask him about Chinese Democracy.

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: