Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 08:47:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228062 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash has listened to Chinese Democracy
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash has listened to Chinese Democracy  (Read 60312 times)
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #200 on: October 28, 2008, 09:50:02 PM »

"I'm not on that record, I have nothing to do with it and there's really nothing else to say", sounds like the perfect responce to anyone throwing it at him.

Does anybody actually think that if he kept that up, and didn't comment on GN'R, that journalists would keep asking about it?

You really think a DJ would follow up a "I don't wanna talk about GN'R since I'm not on that record" answer with more questions about it?

Let him talk about his action figure, paperback or whatever else he's promoting right now. Isn't that why he was interviewed in the first place?

/jarmo

actually, they probably would like those guys on the boston interview

you don't think any journalist in their right mind wouldn't ask him about it?  or ask a couple of follow up questions in a different way?  maybe it just me, but that seems to be pretty naive if you think a "no comment" will stop all the questions....this coming from from music journalists who live and breath controversy asking the former lead guitarist of one of the biggest selling acts of the time about an album that took over ten years to record and release that most of them probably feel he should still be playing with? of course their gonna ask him leading questions trying to goad him into bashing axl or trashing CD, and ask them multpile times in different ways......it's their JOBS.....no if Slash really wanted to avoid all this, he could go into a hermitage for the next dew years and avoid everyone, but the paparatzi here in the US and LA in particular are pretty aggressive in their tactics
« Last Edit: October 28, 2008, 09:57:39 PM by classicgunsfan » Logged
ToonGuns
Headliner

Invest in those memories!

« Reply #201 on: October 28, 2008, 11:04:06 PM »

U can ban people, so I guess we have to agree with you.

People who get banned are often stupid.

Like Slash fans coming to a GN'R site to go on and on about Slash.... When there's a new single and album on the way.

I don't care if you don't agree with me. I care when you come to a GN'R site to troll.

And your post had some elements in it that I think are that kind of behavior.

I don't care what "works for you".

If you honestly think it's wrong for GN'R to play the old songs, I think you need to reconsider or keeping quiet about it here.

just tired of people trying to erase the legacy these guys helped build.

Oh really?

Where did I do that?

I don't think I said a bad thing about his guitar playing in GN'R.

he handled it perfectly so i don't get the negativity?

What's negative about thanking him for not commenting?

So even though I complimented him, you attack me.

hihi

/jarmo

Was it not sarcasm? That will just provoke an argument and a response... which is what happened.

A bad day in Rock N Roll is better than a good day at work!

Leeds Festival, UK - 23/08/2002
Download Festival, UK - 11/06/2006
Newcastle Arena, UK - 19/07/2006
Nottingham Arena, UK - 19/05/2012
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #202 on: October 28, 2008, 11:24:20 PM »

I dont get all the hatred towards Slash. He might have been shady for a period of time and he certainly is percieved as the angel of the two but who cares. Hes been trying to make amends, or atleast it appears that way, for awhile now.

What if GNR reunite in like 10 yrs after the current band releases all of their material? Will you people not like GNR because Slash is in it? Or will your tunes change?

If Axl has a problem with Slash thats fine. Its between them two. Let them solve it. Your job is to just enjoy the music that the old band brought and what the new band will bring.....

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #203 on: October 28, 2008, 11:36:54 PM »

I dont get all the hatred towards Slash. He might have been shady for a period of time and he certainly is percieved as the angel of the two but who cares. Hes been trying to make amends, or atleast it appears that way, for awhile now.

What if GNR reunite in like 10 yrs after the current band releases all of their material? Will you people not like GNR because Slash is in it? Or will your tunes change?

If Axl has a problem with Slash thats fine. Its between them two. Let them solve it. Your job is to just enjoy the music that the old band brought and what the new band will bring.....

Amen to that young gunner!
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #204 on: October 29, 2008, 11:51:09 AM »

Was it not sarcasm? That will just provoke an argument and a response... which is what happened.

No, I thanked him for not commenting on GN'R for once.

ok

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #205 on: October 30, 2008, 04:45:33 PM »

No, the problem is him "reviewing" the record before it's out.

Bullshit.

I just read through 11 pages (!!!!) of rubbish, and there were precious few posts in the last 11 fucking pages that mentioned that Slash had listened to the record before it was released.

No, this thread is an out-of-control example of what people around here are like.  Slash makes a couple of POSITIVE comments about Axl's new material, and that sets off a huge shitstorm of backlash towards him for being an ass kisser, a media whore, a reunion hungry bastard, playing with all sorts of musicians he shouldn't be playing with, making award show appearances he shouldn't be making, whether or not he should comment on GNR, whether or not he has commented on Axl and when, what he should've left his book to say, etc etc etc.  And sweet jesus, it seems 2-3 pages of this thread were dedicated solely to tearing into Slash's appearance on Ellen to sell his house!

ALL OF THIS JUST BECAUSE SLASH WAS ASKED A GODDAMN QUESTION AND HE GAVE A 2-3 SENTENCE ANSWER TO IT!

And you were right at the center of all those discussions Jarmo, so please don't play innocent and act like you're just offering legitimate criticism for Slash's "bootlegging" of the damn CD.

I'd say the statements made by the rest of you on this thread reflect your personal character a hell of a lot more than they reflect Slash's.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2008, 04:57:44 PM by Bridge » Logged
Bridge
Legend

« Reply #206 on: October 30, 2008, 04:50:09 PM »

He said Axl and STEVEN what the hell, that must have been a joke, i  Are you serious he said Steven, it had to be a joke just had to...

You've obviously not read Slash's book.  He gives Steven a HUGE amount of credit for GNR's early success.  The other responders to your posts pretty much told you why; Slash credits Steven immensely for bringing that swing and rhythm and "spark" to those songs that really made them work.  Slash also stated in his book that the world has never given Steven enough credit for making GNR work when they first started.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2008, 04:59:34 PM by Bridge » Logged
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #207 on: October 30, 2008, 05:31:09 PM »

how nice of Slash's biggest fanboi to join us
Bridge
Legend

« Reply #208 on: October 30, 2008, 06:01:23 PM »

how nice of Slash's biggest fanboi to join us

Well since you're here, we've got Axl's biggest nut hugger --  so yeah, I'd say it's only appropriate.   ok
IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

Out of the shadows, into...Hell?

« Reply #209 on: October 30, 2008, 07:34:51 PM »

He said Axl and STEVEN what the hell, that must have been a joke, i  Are you serious he said Steven, it had to be a joke just had to...

You've obviously not read Slash's book.  He gives Steven a HUGE amount of credit for GNR's early success.  The other responders to your posts pretty much told you why; Slash credits Steven immensely for bringing that swing and rhythm and "spark" to those songs that really made them work.  Slash also stated in his book that the world has never given Steven enough credit for making GNR work when they first started.
The world has also never given Slash credit for Stevens failed rehab stints...some friend.  Not hating, but he actually seems to brag about or revel in this in his book (at least one incident).

"I have no comment, for the record, but don't quote me on that"
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #210 on: October 30, 2008, 08:02:40 PM »

And you were right at the center of all those discussions Jarmo, so please don't play innocent and act like you're just offering legitimate criticism for Slash's "bootlegging" of the damn CD.

I'd say the statements made by the rest of you on this thread reflect your personal character a hell of a lot more than they reflect Slash's.

Thank you!

Did you notice that I complimented Mr "I don't talk about it"?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
adman2374
Rocker

« Reply #211 on: October 30, 2008, 08:09:25 PM »

Thank you!

Did you notice that I complimented Mr "I don't talk about it"?

/jarmo

I think I saw some threads where you attended some VR concerts. Did Slash give you a shout out?
Bridge
Legend

« Reply #212 on: October 30, 2008, 08:12:25 PM »

The world has also never given Slash credit for Stevens failed rehab stints...some friend.  Not hating, but he actually seems to brag about or revel in this in his book (at least one incident).

Maybe I'm missing your drift here.... you're implying that Slash was responsible for Steven jumping over the fence and escaping rehab?  Slash does indeed talk a lot about making an effort to get Steven off of drugs, but Steven has to complete that effort.  Slash can't get Steven off drugs by himself.  But considering, I'd say that in recent years, Slash has been a hell of a friend to intervene at great length to try and help Steven out, even if he wasn't a great friend in the early 1990s.

I think I saw some threads where you attended some VR concerts. Did Slash give you a shout out?

Nothing will ever equal Axl asking thousands of Belgium fans in 2002 how to pronounce Jarmo's name.  Classic.   hihi
« Last Edit: October 30, 2008, 08:16:11 PM by Bridge » Logged
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #213 on: October 30, 2008, 08:36:17 PM »

Nothing will ever equal Axl asking thousands of Belgium fans in 2002 how to pronounce Jarmo's name.  Classic.   hihi
WOW!!!  you two make a great tag-team ... jealousy and stalking combo!!!  Bet Slash would kill for this kind of fan attention.  Jarmo must feel so honored.  rofl

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

Out of the shadows, into...Hell?

« Reply #214 on: October 30, 2008, 10:13:33 PM »

Maybe I'm missing your drift here.... you're implying that Slash was responsible for Steven jumping over the fence and escaping rehab?  Slash does indeed talk a lot about making an effort to get Steven off of drugs, but Steven has to complete that effort.  Slash can't get Steven off drugs by himself.  But considering, I'd say that in recent years, Slash has been a hell of a friend to intervene at great length to try and help Steven out, even if he wasn't a great friend in the early 1990s.
When the band was giving him a last chance, and Slash went to his rehab and got wasted...walked through a glass door or some shit...Slash seems to wear this as a badge of honor, rather than the shameful episode it was.  Yes, Steven is a mess, and has nobody to blame but himself in the end - but when you try to clean up and your best friend shows up with drugs and says lets party (then cuts you off for 6 years after kicking you out of the band?)...hopefully point made.

I am a huge fan of Slash's guitar work with GnR, and some of Snakepit/VR...but I am NOT a fan of Slash, thanks to his drug use.  I hope that is all behind him.

"I have no comment, for the record, but don't quote me on that"
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #215 on: October 31, 2008, 09:54:01 AM »

When the band was giving him a last chance, and Slash went to his rehab and got wasted...walked through a glass door or some shit...Slash seems to wear this as a badge of honor, rather than the shameful episode it was.  Yes, Steven is a mess, and has nobody to blame but himself in the end - but when you try to clean up and your best friend shows up with drugs and says lets party (then cuts you off for 6 years after kicking you out of the band?)...hopefully point made.

I am a huge fan of Slash's guitar work with GnR, and some of Snakepit/VR...but I am NOT a fan of Slash, thanks to his drug use.  I hope that is all behind him.

If I remember correctly, both Slash and Steven were there to clean up.  And it wasn't a rehab, just some golf resort that management thought they could stow the two away for awhile.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Grasshopper
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #216 on: October 31, 2008, 11:00:39 AM »

No Jarmo, I have no problems with them playing all the GNR catalog, Axl has every single right in the world to do so but sometimes it seems people think Slash and everyone else should forget they were in GNR.

Isn't that the same as Slash and company playing GnR songs with Velvet Revolver. Who cares Slash is not in the band, neither is Duff, Izzy or Matt. The era of Slash was finished when he quit the band. Get over it.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #217 on: October 31, 2008, 01:44:15 PM »

So if u quit a band, u no longer can play shit u wrote?

What kind of stupid twisted shit is that?

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #218 on: October 31, 2008, 02:16:43 PM »

So if u quit a band, u no longer can play shit u wrote?

What kind of stupid twisted shit is that?

This from the guy who thinks that since GN'R plays GN'R songs it's only fair that Slash keeps talking about GN'R....

/jarmo

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #219 on: October 31, 2008, 02:41:18 PM »

no that isn't what I said Jarmo.

I said that everyone still uses the greatness they accomplished to some extent.

That isn't a knock on them, hell they should.

Adler uses it for Adler's Appetite

Slash uses it to sell books or whatever

Axl still tours and plays the old material

But thats fine. U keep taking it negative like I'm insulting or talking shit like it's wrong. It isn't. Its totally cool but

I think its ok and totally acceptable for all of them to do it cause they each are responsible for creating it.

Now if Gilby Clarke or Traci Guns or somebody were out doing GNR stuff, that would be fucked up because they didn't have a hand in creating the songs that led to GNR being the legends they are.

If u created it, u can do and promote and live off of it cause it is insignificant whether or not u are in the band anymore. It only matters who wrote what.

Ownership of music doesn't transfer because you are no longer in the band.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: