Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 06:17:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Scott Weiland - solo thread
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Scott Weiland - solo thread  (Read 131451 times)
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #260 on: February 15, 2013, 12:01:53 PM »

Anyone plan on hitting any of these stops?
Got my Boston pit tix yesterday.

Stone Temple Pilots and Velvet Revolver frontman Scott Weiland will be launching a special North American solo tour next month.
The tour has been dubbed the "Purple at the Core" tour which references the first two Stone Temple Pilots album's "Core" and "Purple" and Weiland plans to perform songs from both albums on the tour.

Weiland will also be performing his solo material as well as songs from his former band Velvet Revolver.

The 20-city tour will kick off on March 1st Flint, MI and the initial 15 dates have been announced with more expected soon.

Fri, March 1 Flint, MI The Machine Shop
Sat, March 2 Traverse City, MI Ground Zero
Mon, March 4 Niagara Falls, NY Rapids Theatre
Wed, March 6 Patchogue, NY The Emporium
Thu, March 7 Boston, MA Wilbur Theatre
Sat, March 9 New York, NY Irving Plaza
Mon, March 11 Washington, DC Howard Theatre
Tues, March 12 New Brunswick, NJ State Theatre
Thurs, March 14 Bethlehem, PA Sands Bethlehem Event Center
Tues, March 19 Chicago, IL House of Blues
Wed, March 20 Cleveland, OH House of Blues
Fri, March 22 Cincinnati, OH Bogarts
Sat, March 23 Indianapolis, OH Egyptian Room
Tues, March 26 Houston, TX House of Blues
Wed, March 27 Dallas, TX House of Blues

***More dates to be announced soon***

http://www.antimusic.com/news/13/February/15Scott_Weiland_Plans_Purple_at_the_Core_Tour.shtml
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #261 on: February 15, 2013, 10:15:11 PM »

After my last experience with Weiland at the Gramercy in NYC, I will NEVER see him solo again
overmatik
« Reply #262 on: February 16, 2013, 10:19:01 AM »

After my last experience with Weiland at the Gramercy in NYC, I will NEVER see him solo again

I hope it's because of the crappy setlist and not because he got on stage at midnight when he was supposed to be on at 9:00. After all...  rofl
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #263 on: February 16, 2013, 06:17:39 PM »

The "Purple at the Core" tour kicks off on March 1 at Flint, Michigan's Machine Shop and culminates at the House of Blues in Dallas on March 27.

Weiland and his band's set list is expected to draw from his solo material as well as tracks from Velvet Revolver. Be there or miss a lot!

Tour Dates:

Fri, March 1 Flint, MI The Machine Shop
Sat, March 2 Traverse City, MI Ground Zero
Mon, March 4 Niagara Falls, NY Rapids Theatre
Wed, March 6 Patchogue, NY The Emporium
Thu, March 7 Boston, MA Wilbur Theatre
Sat, March 9 New York, NY Irving Plaza
Mon, March 11 Washington, DC Howard Theatre
Tues, March 12 New Brunswick, NJ State Theatre
Thurs, March 14 Bethlehem, PA Sands Bethlehem Event Center
Tues, March 19 Chicago, IL House of Blues
Wed, March 20 Cleveland, OH House of Blues
Fri, March 22 Cincinnati, OH Bogarts
Sat, March 23 Indianapolis, OH Egyptian Room
Tues, March 26 Houston, TX House of Blues
Wed, March 27 Dallas, TX House of Blues

More dates to be announced soon.

http://www.scottweiland.com/

https://twitter.com/ScottWeilandSTP

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #264 on: February 18, 2013, 01:24:37 PM »

Aside from the late start and crappy setlist, how was the backing band and Scott's performance?

Never got into his solo work as much as STP/VR, though I thought the first half of Happy in Galoshes was strong.

He's among my favorite live performers today.
I've seen him multiple times over the years with STP and VR and would say his performances vary.
He's never really disappointed, but has shown up with more energy at some shows than others.
Voice has always been strong.

I bought the tickets before it was billed as Purple At The Core.
Was looking forward to something I hadn't seen before, different takes, solo work etc.

Hoping it's not a B-Grade STP show.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #265 on: February 18, 2013, 05:57:00 PM »

A new photo of Scott with his finance.

rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #266 on: February 19, 2013, 06:11:58 AM »

he looks like a typical american dad

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #267 on: February 19, 2013, 03:05:44 PM »

Haha that show at the Gramercy was the first time I was thrown out of a concert.  My friend and I were so infuriated with how late he went on and we were extremely drunk as well.  I just kept shouting "This is worse than Chernobyl" over and over again.  The security guard put his hand on my shoulder and said "IIIIIII think its time for you to leave" and I asked if I could finish my beer first.  He laughed and said go ahead, so I pounded it and we left.  Worst show I've ever been to. 
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #268 on: February 19, 2013, 03:47:24 PM »

Haha that show at the Gramercy was the first time I was thrown out of a concert.  My friend and I were so infuriated with how late he went on and we were extremely drunk as well.  I just kept shouting "This is worse than Chernobyl" over and over again.  The security guard put his hand on my shoulder and said "IIIIIII think its time for you to leave" and I asked if I could finish my beer first.  He laughed and said go ahead, so I pounded it and we left.  Worst show I've ever been to. 

Just checked the setlist of the Gramercy show, and safe to say I'd probably be disappointed as well.
I'd like to think Dead Flowers would help salvage the show to some extent.

In his defense, he was touring his cover album, which I've yet to hear, but looks like the setlist is made up primarily of that album.

Going solely by youtube videos of other more recent shows, I like the way he switches up Do It for the Kids for example.
Hoping for something along those lines.

cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #269 on: February 19, 2013, 06:30:40 PM »

for those of you who want to see what his performances are like...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_maivOxPBLI

I enjoyed the show. Might head to March 12 or 14th one.
raindogs70
Rocker

« Reply #270 on: February 20, 2013, 09:55:51 PM »

My cousin lives near Patchogue, I'll have to tell her about it.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #271 on: February 25, 2013, 06:05:55 PM »

Scott's new album will be a rock album, and on the tour...

Stone Temple Pilots' Weiland wild about solo tour kicking off March 1 at Machine Shop in Flint

FLINT, MI -- Known as the flamboyant yet chaotic frontman of the Stone Temple Pilots, Scott Weiland is spending his Sunday much like the rest of the world. He's cleaning his house.

However, he saves a few minutes for an interview to advance his tour that starts at The Machine Shop on Friday, March 1.

"I'm really looking forward to it," Weiland said about his run with his solo band The Wildabouts. "It's going to be really exciting--something completely new."

During the 20-city jaunt, the rock icon will, for the first time as a solo artist, perform songs from the first two Stone Temple Pilots albums, 1992's "Core" and 1994's "Purple," both of which are considered classics by the band?s fans.

"Well, originally, it was an idea I came up with for STP for the anniversary of 'Core' to do the 'Core' album in its entirety," Weiland said, choosing his words carefully.

"The rest of the guys didn't want to do it.
So, it was still something that there was a lot of public interest in. Having that said, the idea was brought up to me through management. I talked to the guys in my solo band, The Wildabouts, and they were totally into it, as were the promoters. It worked out."

Weiland said he will still perform, during encores, some of his solo material from the albums "12 Bar Blues" and "'Happy' in Galoshes."

"We're still going to do some of our space jams and have them correlate into some of our STP songs and a couple STP songs into a couple of the covers that we've done during our solo band stuff," Weiland said.

Weiland and The Wildabouts -- multi-instrumentalist Doug Grean, bassist Tommy Black, drummer Dan Thompson and guitarist Jeremy Brown -- are working on a new album, he said. But none of those songs will debut live until the record has bowed.

"Previously, it was an art project," he said. "We're making a new album at this point. This is something where the new album is more of a rock 'n' roll album, as opposed to more of the sort of outside-the-box artistic sonic adventures that we've gone on in the past.

"The record that we're making, hopefully will attract more of the STP and Velvet Revolver fans. I think it will also help that we're doing this tour this way."

The album is halfway finished
, with all The Wildabouts contributing songs and ideas. The band is contemplating different offers right now.

"Hopefully by the time the tour's finished, we'll already be in some negotiations," he said. "But we're self-producing it, which isn't hard, unless you have a group of guys like STP where every single person in the band is a producer.

"It's not as difficult in this situation. We're writing together. It's actually a lot easier. We're allowing everyone to put in their input and it's coming across much more as a rock 'n' roll record, but it's much more organic sounding."

http://www.mlive.com/entertainment/flint/index.ssf/2013/02/weiland_wild_about_solo_tour_t.html

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #272 on: March 02, 2013, 03:50:20 PM »

Some videos and a review from the tour opener...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REIDWvZX9Aw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vBs4BiQhdU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKsdZXhFEFA

http://www.mlive.com/entertainment/flint/index.ssf/2013/03/scott_weiland_avoids_stone_tem.html

LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #273 on: March 08, 2013, 10:34:23 AM »

Cool show last night in Boston.
First time being at the Wilbur Theatre, which was much smaller than I expected.
Sound was great, and not a bad seat in the house.

The show was pretty much what I was hoping for.
I've seen STP and VR many times over, so was hoping for something different, rather than straight up cover songs.
They delivered, changing songs up enough to make it a unique show, but not enough to sacrifice the integrity of the originals.

Highlights for me were Naked Sunday, the Bowie cover, Jean Genie, and Kitchenware & Candybars(Scott nailed this one).
Hearing Where the River Goes was great. They segued into Mountain Song by Jane's Addiction, which was cool, but was hoping they'd come back into and end with WTRG.
Oh well.

Big Empty never disappoints.
Paralysis translated really well live, wouldn't have minded hearing some more solo stuff, but the crowd was clearly there for the STP hits.
Overall, it was a solid rock n' roll show, and I can think of worse ways to spend $35 than to watch one of the last and greatest frontmen of our time.

Setlist:

Opening Jam
Crackerman (Early Version)
Wicked Garden
Paralysis
Naked Sunday
Creep
The Jean Genie
Kitchenware & Candybars
Where the River Goes
Mountain Song
Big Empty
Can't Stand Me Now
Still Remains
Interstate Love Song

Encore:
Roadhouse Blues
Sex Type Thing
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #274 on: March 09, 2013, 12:54:53 PM »

^^ Apparently he was late to the show?

He explains why:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctWFSFlN7vE

LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #275 on: March 09, 2013, 01:53:14 PM »

Yeah, I guess he was a bit.
Show started at 8:00, with one opening band, and Weiland took the stage sometime after 10:00.
Info was hard to come by, I called the muppets working at Wilbur and they didn't know how many opening bands there were, or if there were any at all.
I had seen in previous shows, there was at least one opener, and 2 at others, so I planned accordingly, showed up @9:30.
We were also getting hammered with snow that night, average of 14-18" by morning.

The people posting that it was a horrible show, and that Scott flubbed the lyrics, failed to realize that was intentional, playing the original demo version of Crackerman.
I thought it was cool, as I hadn't ever heard that version in a live setting.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #276 on: March 11, 2013, 03:34:08 PM »

Scott Weiland Irving Plaza Saturday night:

End of Mountain Song and resulting confrontation with fan in the front row...

Scott Weiland - "So you?re fuckin' pulling that fuckin' like gun shit off on me?" "Then come up and meet me one on one, man. You play tough guy from an audience behind a barricade..."

Video: http://www.mobypicture.com/user/jasonpijut/view/14927885

Edit to add more of what he says. Cheesy

The rocker ? who is touring with his solo band, THE WILDABOUTS ? confronted a heckling fan at Irving Plaza, telling the man in the crowd: "So you're fucking pulling that fucking, like, gun shit off on me? Then come up and meet me one on one, man. You play a tough guy from an audience behind a barricade. I'd love to. Yeah, that guy, trust me."

He continued: "I just don't get it. Guys like you fucking waste your money." Then he added to the security staff: "Actually, let him stay here and just get all fucking riled up. He won?t be able to sleep tonight."

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=187289
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 04:19:57 PM by FunkyMonkey » Logged

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #277 on: March 12, 2013, 01:22:08 PM »

A message from Scott from the stage last night. confused

You know one thing I fucking love, is that, being exploratory, is considered, WOW.  He's back on drugs again. Ya know it's been 11 fucking years, yes.....I do fucking drink sometimes. I go out with my friends and my band and we do drink sometimes. As far as that chick goes, that's been a whole other life away man. A whole life away that doesn't even make a dent in who I am today. But it could make a dent in who you are, because the way I looked at things when I was a kid, I looked at like Perry Farrell I looked at like Charlie Parker maybe there was some kind of connection. You know what, there wasn't. Maybe for the first 5 minutes, that's about it. Until that wet blanket just crawls around your car. Like an anaconda. Then you kinda feel shit, and all the music just comes from your head. And that's it. As far as that goes, (makes a phttt sound), that's it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBB9ZTk2ryg

overmatik
« Reply #278 on: March 13, 2013, 06:56:05 PM »

The guys is a complete mess! He was doing crack while in VR and keeps repeating this fantasy about being 11 years out of drugs...  confused

Antagonizing with fans and all that shit. I mean, does this guy have any friends or just hangers-on like another friend of ours?  no
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #279 on: March 13, 2013, 08:00:10 PM »

Well I will say this, I noticed more so than ever being at the Boston show that Weiland sure has some low life "fans".
He's been fired from 2 bands in the past 5 years, so clearly he's not without his issues, but it's seems pretty damn popular to trash the guy in the press these days.
Then, he's got his own so called fan base giving him shit at his solo shows. Now I know every band has their share of idiots, but I never understood why someone would pay to see a show, and then talk shit?

Weiland seems to be under appreciated these days in my opinion. I've always considered him among the best, but I feel comfortable saying that he is, the single best living frontman going today. Just total package, no one today has the stage presence he has, to go along with the amazing voice he's known for, which is damn near as strong as his hey day. I've seen him on both sides of the spectrum, ranging from hammered and almost lethargic in comparison to the full of energy performances I've witnessed, but he has always sung the songs pretty much spot on. His voice and the way he goes about singing the songs has never disappointed me. He must be putting in the work to maintain his voice/range. He's still active creatively, so where's the problem people have with him?
The fact that he may or may not be on drugs? A rock star on drugs??!!
Hopefully for his sake he can get/stay clean, but it's got nothing to do with his music, and none of my or any other "fan's" business.

End rant.

Cool video and performance by the way!
Dig that jam.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 20 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: