Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:28:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Scott Weiland - solo thread
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Scott Weiland - solo thread  (Read 130828 times)
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #360 on: December 08, 2015, 06:30:42 PM »

Puts things in to perspective.

She pulled no punches... tough to read.

Indeed..... eye opening but necessary to say.   Sad
Bullshit or not, sounds like something a bitter ex would say.

Anyway i feel bad for their kids. Must not be the smoothest childhood...

Bitter ex ?

Are you serious....

What i meant was that if Mary would still have been together with Scott, her letter would  probably been more, lets say nostalgic.

Is she telling the absolute truth? I hope not, but i have no idea.

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #361 on: December 08, 2015, 07:34:54 PM »

I think her feelings are completely understandable and justified. You also have to wonder if his widow had a part in him not seeing his kids. I really hope not.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #362 on: December 18, 2015, 12:23:50 PM »

Stone Temple Pilots frontman Scott Weiland died from a toxic mix of drugs including cocaine, alcohol and ecstasy, a US medical examiner has said.

The Hennepin County Medical Examiner's Office also noted a history of heart disease, asthma and substance abuse.

More: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-35132631

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #363 on: December 18, 2015, 01:51:44 PM »

mixing drugs + heart disease...was he suicidal or just plain stupid?

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #364 on: December 18, 2015, 03:26:07 PM »

mixing drugs + heart disease...was he suicidal or just plain stupid?

He was a drug addict....

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #365 on: December 18, 2015, 06:27:06 PM »

Just so sad on so many levels.  Cry

RIP Scott and all who passed under similar, but non-headline grabbing, circumstances.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #366 on: December 19, 2015, 08:43:44 PM »

RIP Scott, I got to see VR twice, once in a half bowl setup at the acc in toronto and it started late, and then again at the Molson Amphitheatre with Alice in Chains and both shows rocked

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #367 on: December 19, 2015, 08:59:56 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJ-USGaDbao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yd69zFYXulA
thats my favourite performance by far
« Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 09:08:52 PM by Malcolm » Logged

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
rebelhipi
Legend

« Reply #368 on: December 20, 2015, 09:27:10 AM »

The Wildabouts were quite wild indeed, in their short existence half of the band died of accidental overdoses.

Not saying that it is a cool thing or anything. Just saying.

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #369 on: December 21, 2015, 09:35:16 AM »

This is very, very sad.  He was an amazing talent.

But....I can't say I'm surprised.  Is there anyone reading this who DOESN'T suspect, strongly, it was an overdose?  Scott's inner demons seemed to ultimately win every war. He just couldn't seem to overcome his substance abuse issues....and that, too, is very sad.

RIP, Scott.  
I'm not sure, initial reports seem to indicate he passed in his sleep.

Cause of death: Multiple drug overdoses. 

Bad, bad cocktail of stuff in his system.

It's a sad story...and one I think we've all heard too many times.  RIP, Scott.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 09:37:27 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #370 on: December 31, 2015, 03:06:19 AM »

Im still fucking Devastated

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #371 on: December 31, 2015, 12:08:43 PM »

Yeah it sucks... it kinda just happened and seems to be faded already. Casual fans or casual rock people forget how good he was man.

I was telling my wife this fall that I'm surprised no one has found him dead yet from an overdose too. After seeing that zonked out performance of Vasoline I was shocked to know he was still doing stuff.

It's sad.

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #372 on: December 31, 2015, 03:37:20 PM »

Howard Stern gave a nice little tribute to Scott after his passing.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GJDAlxYn1JU

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #373 on: December 31, 2015, 04:23:49 PM »

Yeah that was a wonderful tribute by Howard

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #374 on: December 03, 2016, 11:14:25 AM »

Remembering Scott Weiland: It?s Been A Long Year, Since You?ve Been Gone
By Nicolas Henderson -
Dec 3, 2016

Legendary Stone Temple Pilots and Velvet Revolver frontman Scott Weiland passed away a year ago today. To celebrate his life on this sad anniversary, Alternative Nation is going to take a look back at some of Weiland?s most intimate musical moments.

While Scott Weiland was best known for lighting up stages with his signature megaphone on tracks like ?Crackerman? and ?Sex Type Thing,? few were better than him at performing in a stripped-down setting, often times showcasing his most elegant vocal work on softer tracks such as ?Atlanta? and ?Wonderful.?

Here are his top 10 acoustic performances, and following the list are a group of previously unreleased Scott Weiland tribute graphics made on photos of the late singer throughout his career that Alternative Nation owner Brett Buchanan had made during his time as Weiland?s social media manager (one of which is the featured photo for this article). The tribute photos were edited with the help of Below Empty user justbill, and feature Stone Temple Pilots? iconic fleuron logo from Shangri-La Dee Da. One of the originally commissioned photos remains as Weiland?s Facebook profile picture.

MORE- http://www.alternativenation.net/scott-weiland-been-a-long-year-since-youve-been-gone/

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
rebelhipi
Legend

« Reply #375 on: December 03, 2016, 10:33:42 PM »

By Nicolas Henderson -
Dec 3, 2016

Legendary Stone Temple Pilots and Velvet Revolver frontman Scott Weiland passed away a year ago today. To celebrate his life on this sad anniversary, Alternative Nation is going to take a look back at some of Weiland?s most intimate musical moments.

While Scott Weiland was best known for lighting up stages with his signature megaphone on tracks like ?Crackerman? and ?Sex Type Thing,? few were better than him at performing in a stripped-down setting, often times showcasing his most elegant vocal work on softer tracks such as ?Atlanta? and ?Wonderful.?

Here are his top 10 acoustic performances, and following the list are a group of previously unreleased Scott Weiland tribute graphics made on photos of the late singer throughout his career that Alternative Nation owner Brett Buchanan had made during his time as Weiland?s social media manager (one of which is the featured photo for this article). The tribute photos were edited with the help of Below Empty user justbill, and feature Stone Temple Pilots? iconic fleuron logo from Shangri-La Dee Da. One of the originally commissioned photos remains as Weiland?s Facebook profile picture.

MORE- http://www.alternativenation.net/scott-weiland-been-a-long-year-since-youve-been-gone/

Nice list.
I agree that Shagri-la dee da is super underrated.

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #376 on: December 04, 2016, 12:48:08 AM »

By Nicolas Henderson -
Dec 3, 2016

Nice list.
Definitely, i love that album. Its one of two STP albums i have. I also have Purple.
rebelhipi
Legend

« Reply #377 on: December 04, 2016, 09:46:18 AM »

By Nicolas Henderson -
Dec 3, 2016

Nice list.
Definitely, i love that album. Its one of two STP albums i have. I also have Purple.
Good choises. I think my favourite is Tiny Music. You should check that one out.
Scott also said in one of his interviews last year that he thinks that tiny music is his favourite STP album

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
westcoast_junkie
VIP

Here to hell, gone today....

« Reply #378 on: December 04, 2016, 05:31:52 PM »

Mine too is Tiny Music, though Purple is almost as good in my ears.
I also think their last album was pretty underrated.

One year has passed, but it's still really sad....

Life is what happens in-between each fight on the message board....
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #379 on: December 04, 2016, 05:57:45 PM »

By Nicolas Henderson -
Dec 3, 2016

Nice list.
Good choises. I think my favourite is Tiny Music. You should check that one out.
Scott also said in one of his interviews last year that he thinks that tiny music is his favourite STP album
Tiny music is great too. Tripping on a hole in a paper heart one of their best songs on that album imo.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: