Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 04:18:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227779 Posts in 43246 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Scott Weiland - solo thread
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Scott Weiland - solo thread  (Read 131160 times)
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #380 on: December 04, 2016, 10:56:24 PM »

Remembering Scott Weiland: It?s Been A Long Year, Since You?ve Been Gone
By Nicolas Henderson -
Dec 3, 2016

Legendary Stone Temple Pilots and Velvet Revolver frontman Scott Weiland passed away a year ago today. To celebrate his life on this sad anniversary, Alternative Nation is going to take a look back at some of Weiland?s most intimate musical moments.

While Scott Weiland was best known for lighting up stages with his signature megaphone on tracks like ?Crackerman? and ?Sex Type Thing,? few were better than him at performing in a stripped-down setting, often times showcasing his most elegant vocal work on softer tracks such as ?Atlanta? and ?Wonderful.?

Here are his top 10 acoustic performances, and following the list are a group of previously unreleased Scott Weiland tribute graphics made on photos of the late singer throughout his career that Alternative Nation owner Brett Buchanan had made during his time as Weiland?s social media manager (one of which is the featured photo for this article). The tribute photos were edited with the help of Below Empty user justbill, and feature Stone Temple Pilots? iconic fleuron logo from Shangri-La Dee Da. One of the originally commissioned photos remains as Weiland?s Facebook profile picture.

MORE- http://www.alternativenation.net/scott-weiland-been-a-long-year-since-youve-been-gone/

Nice list.
I agree that Shagri-la dee da is super underrated.
Definitely, i love that album. Its one of two STP albums i have. I also have Purple.
Good choises. I think my favourite is Tiny Music. You should check that one out.
Scott also said in one of his interviews last year that he thinks that tiny music is his favourite STP album
Tiny music is great too. Tripping on a hole in a paper heart one of their best songs on that album imo.
Thats the song that got me into STP.  Cool That song is one of the all time greats

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #381 on: December 04, 2016, 11:08:39 PM »

Mine too is Tiny Music, though Purple is almost as good in my ears.
I also think their last album was pretty underrated.

One year has passed, but it's still really sad....
Same feelings,

Two months ago i played Scotts whole discography from Core to Art of Anarchy. And read his book, it had been a long time since ive heard some of those albums. He was a truly unique artist.

The 2010 STP album has some great stand alone tracks like Take a load off, dare if you dare, Maver. But as a album for me its their worst by some margin.

i still have my ticket for a cancelled Wildabouts show for september 2015 Cry.

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #382 on: April 22, 2017, 08:12:11 PM »

Found an absolute unreleased gem from happy album.  YouTube I Know Its Too Late. Fucking amazing

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: