Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 01:22:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Lance Armstrong coming out of retirement for Tour de France
Pages: 1 2 [All] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Lance Armstrong coming out of retirement for Tour de France  (Read 20120 times)
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« on: September 09, 2008, 05:13:22 PM »

Lance Armstrong coming out of retirement for Tour de France

By JIM VERTUNO, AP Sports Writer 34 minutes ago

AUSTIN, Texas - Lance Armstrong is getting back on his bike, determined to win an eighth Tour de France. Armstrong's return from cancer to win the Tour a record seven consecutive times made him a hero to cancer patients worldwide and elevated cycling to an unprecedented level in America.

The Tour "is the intention," Armstrong's spokesman Mark Higgins told The Associated Press, "but we've got some homework to do over there."

Added Bill Stapleton, Armstrong's lawyer and longtime confidant: "We're not going to try to win second place."

What team he'll ride with and in what other races he'll compete are undecided, Higgins said.

"I am happy to announce that after talking with my children, my family and my closest friends, I have decided to return to professional cycling in order to raise awareness of the global cancer burden," the 36-year-old Armstrong said in a statement released to The Associated Press. "This year alone, nearly eight million people will die of cancer worldwide. ... It's now time to address cancer on a global level."

In an exclusive interview with Vanity Fair, Armstrong told the magazine he's 100 percent sure he's going to compete in the Tour de France next summer. "I'm going back to professional cycling," he said in the story posted Tuesday on the magazine's Web site. "I'm going to try and win an eighth Tour de France."

On Monday, the cycling journal VeloNews reported on its Web site that Armstrong would compete with the Astana team, led by close friend John Bruyneel, in the Tour and four other road races ? the Amgen Tour of California, Paris-Nice, the Tour de Georgia and the Dauphine-Libere.

But there are no guarantees Astana would be allowed to race in the 2009 Tour. Race officials kept the team out of the 2008 Tour because previous doping violations.

Armstrong's return to competition raises the question of whether he risks damaging his athletic legacy. And his own words likely will cause some to wonder if he'll approach his return with the same steely-eyed determination and passion.

In an interview published in the October issue of Men's Journal, Armstrong said, "I'm glad I'm not cycling anymore ... It was fun while it lasted, and I liked it, but I'm so focused on other things now that I never think about it."

He's certainly thinking about it now.

With his riveting victories over cancer and opponents on the bike, to his work for cancer awareness and gossip-page romances, Armstrong has become a modern-day American icon.

He was an established sprint champion when he was diagnosed in 1996 with testicular cancer that had spread to his lungs and brain. Doctors gave him less than a 50 percent chance of survival.

Surgery ? he has a half-moon scar on his head from the brain operation ? and brutal cycles of chemotherapy saved his life. From there, it was determination and powerful self-discipline that led him back to the bike.

His stunning win at the 1999 Tour de France was just the start. Under the guidance of close friend and U.S. Postal Service team director Bruyneel, Armstrong morphed from a sprinter into a technical expert who could climb mountains at speeds that punished other riders.

Armstrong's goal every year was to win the Tour de France, the sport's biggest race, and he dominated the Pyrenees and Alps like no other rider ever had.

The victories also forced him to defend himself against skeptics who questioned whether he was cheating by using performance-enhancing drugs. He got in several public spats with officials at the World Anti-Doping Agency.

While many riders were caught doping, Armstrong never tested positive and has always maintained he was a clean rider, using hundreds of passed drug tests during his career as proof.

His Lance Armstrong Foundation has raised hundreds of millions of dollars for cancer awareness and survivorship. The foundation's yellow "Livestrong" wristbands that started selling in 2004 are still seen everywhere ? with many copycats.

He retired after his 2005 Tour de France victory, diving head first into making cancer a political issue and causing some to ask if he may someday run for office himself.

"This is a damn war for me. It's nothing other than that," Armstrong told The Associated Press in 2007. "I had the disease and I hate it and I hate that we haven't made enough progress against it."

Armstrong has lobbied for cancer treatment funding in Washington, D.C., co-hosted televised cancer forums with presidential candidates and was instrumental in 2007 persuading the Texas Legislature to approval a $3 billion fund for cancer research. He can rally millions of his "Livestrong Army" through his Web site to support cancer causes.

His social life has done just as much to keep him in the spotlight.

After his divorce from wife Kristin, the mother of his three children, Armstrong has had high-profile relationships with rocker Sheryl Crow, fashion designer Tory Burch and most recently, actress Kate Hudson.

Source:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080909/ap_on_sp_ot/cyc_armstrong_comeback

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2008, 05:15:00 PM »

This is fantastic news!!! I'm so excited and I can't wait for the 2009 Tour de France!!

Woohoo.....GO LANCE GO!!!! ok

beer beer beer

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2008, 12:26:35 PM »

Oh god please no, wish that arrogant prick would just stay in retirement  Roll Eyes
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2008, 02:55:20 PM »

Oh god please no, wish that arrogant prick would just stay in retirement  Roll Eyes

Arrogant? Are you joking? I see no evidence of arrogance from him. Is he automatically arrogant in your opinion just because he dominated and won the Tour de France all those years?

He's a true inspiration and I wish him a fantastic return. I think he brings a lot of excitement coming back and a lot more publicity to cancer awareness. And even if he finishes last in the Tour, I wouldn't care. I'm just happy he will be back.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2008, 10:11:07 PM »

Glad to see running was too hard, so its back to the bike.

Those marathons humbled him.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2008, 10:24:14 PM »

Glad to see running was too hard, so its back to the bike.

Those marathons humbled him.

They put his skills into perspective.  He thought running was going to be a piece of cake and found out its alot harder.  While I wish him the best of luck, I just hope he doesnt come back like Michael Jordan with the Washington Wizards, and do poorly to tarnish his image.  He went out on top of his game, the best cyclist ever, only two things can happen now.

1- He can restore American Riding after the Landis incident with a win.
2- He can finish about average and tarnish his image as a 7 time in a row champion.

Best of Luck to him. I hope all the women he has been hooking up with hasnt wore him out too much.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2008, 10:55:21 PM »

This isn't directed towards u Cowbell but I get sick of people telling athletes they should retire because of some bullshit called a "Legacy"

Even if he finishes 20th, it isn't gonna tarnish all his success and accomplishments. He already proved he is one of the greatest athletes ever. So now, let him have fun, enjoy the sport and compete.

If Micheal Jordan came back tomorrow and was the third man off the bench, that wouldn't change his 6 rings and greatest ever status.

Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2008, 11:19:30 PM »

Legacy is more then just being viwed as the greatest. Superstars use their legacy to sell products and raise money for their charities.  If you are viewed as the greatest of all time, you get more sponsors and donors to support you and your charities,  now if you come back and finish dead last, in this internet world, you are only going to be viewed as the last thing you done.  Thats what I am talking about when I see legacy, I think MJ's time in Washington did tamper his legacy some, people want to remember their idols, or superstars at their peak performing at the top of the mountain, and be able to tell their children when they watched the greatest of all time perform.  Not a washed up athlete past him prime trying to get the glory back.  Watch Ali's last 2-3 fights when he got the crap punched in on him,  He is suppose to be the greatest of all time, and those fights might of been the final nails that drove him into his MS, He got manhandled, It tarnished his legacy, if there was the internet back then like today it would of killed his legacy more.  Look at Chuck Liddell, God when he defeated Ortiz he went on a streak from being no one thought he could beat Ortiz to being unstopable until Rampage dethroned him.  He lost his latest match, how many times can he try and come back,   Look at Evander Holyfield. Held 4 titles at one time, came back and won them again, survived Mike Tyson.  Considered one of the greatest, now he is broke and tried a comeback again, fighting easier opponents, and got his ass handed to him in Russia.  Legacy, Marketing, Its all related and these athletes make a career for them and their children.

Live it up, but know when to hang the shoes up.  Barry Sanders went out on top, and didnt have the chance to embaress himself like Emmit SMith being an old man trying to run in Arizona, Elway hung them up when he reached the top.  Legacy is all these athletes have when its all said and done, and they should consider how comind back and failing will hurt themselfs and their families.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2008, 12:54:34 PM »

As I've previously said, it will not matter to me where Lance finishes in next years Tour de France. I'm just very excited he'll be back and I can't wait to watch him.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2008, 01:00:37 PM »

Legacy is more then just being viwed as the greatest. Superstars use their legacy to sell products and raise money for their charities.  If you are viewed as the greatest of all time, you get more sponsors and donors to support you and your charities,  now if you come back and finish dead last, in this internet world, you are only going to be viewed as the last thing you done.  Thats what I am talking about when I see legacy, I think MJ's time in Washington did tamper his legacy some, people want to remember their idols, or superstars at their peak performing at the top of the mountain, and be able to tell their children when they watched the greatest of all time perform.  Not a washed up athlete past him prime trying to get the glory back.  Watch Ali's last 2-3 fights when he got the crap punched in on him,  He is suppose to be the greatest of all time, and those fights might of been the final nails that drove him into his MS, He got manhandled, It tarnished his legacy, if there was the internet back then like today it would of killed his legacy more.  Look at Chuck Liddell, God when he defeated Ortiz he went on a streak from being no one thought he could beat Ortiz to being unstopable until Rampage dethroned him.  He lost his latest match, how many times can he try and come back,   Look at Evander Holyfield. Held 4 titles at one time, came back and won them again, survived Mike Tyson.  Considered one of the greatest, now he is broke and tried a comeback again, fighting easier opponents, and got his ass handed to him in Russia.  Legacy, Marketing, Its all related and these athletes make a career for them and their children.

Live it up, but know when to hang the shoes up.  Barry Sanders went out on top, and didnt have the chance to embaress himself like Emmit SMith being an old man trying to run in Arizona, Elway hung them up when he reached the top.  Legacy is all these athletes have when its all said and done, and they should consider how comind back and failing will hurt themselfs and their families.

U proved my point Cowbell

No one remembers or cares about Ali's last fights. when u say Muhammad Ali, people think of Joe Frazier, Sonny Liston, George Foreman and he being the greatest ever, no one remembers Larry Holmes and some of those guys.

Same with Willie Mays. NO one remembers him flubbing in the outfield in New York.

History remembers the greats, as great.

One can say Barry Sanders tarnished his legacy by retiring too soon. Had he not, he would've set the all time rushing record so high, no one would've touched it.

No one remembers or cares who is 3rd all time.

He could've been first all time by a mile.

Elway saved his legacy holding on too long cause had he retired sooner, he wouldn't have won 2 Super Bowls.

Elway also didn't retire cause he was "on top" he retired cause he couldn't physically and mentally get himself up to play.

Had he went out on top, he would've retired directly after the first SB they won against GB and not after the repeat the following year.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2008, 01:03:11 PM by D » Logged

Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2008, 04:07:32 PM »

It's all well and good for him coming back, but I hope he doesn't screw up his legacy as a legend.

He needs to place in the top 3 in order to keep what he had going

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2009, 07:26:00 AM »

Lance Armstrong finishes 29th overall in Tour Down Under
By STEVE McMORRAN, AP Sports Writer Jan 25, 2:20 am EST

ADELAIDE, Australia (AP)?Australia?s Allan Davis won the Tour Down Under on Sunday, finishing in the main pack in the final stage of the event highlighted by seven-time Tour de France winner Lance Armstrong?s comeback.

Davis won three of the ProTour race?s five previous stages to open a 25-second lead entering the 56-mile final leg. He?s the only rider to have contested all 11 editions of the race and finished second place twice before his breakthrough win.

Italy?s Francesco Chicchi won the final stage in a sprint finish, but Davis was close enough to retain the overall lead for his first victory. Armstrong was in the lead pack Sunday, and finished 29th overall?49 seconds behind Davis.

?I?ve finally done it, I can?t believe it,? Davis said. ?This win is very important to the (Quick Step) team. It?s the first ProTour race of the season. With three stages and the overall it has been an unbelievable race.?

Australia?s Stuart O?Grady was second in the overall standings, 25 seconds behind.

More than 144,000 people turned out to see the stage and were thrilled when Armstrong dashed to the front with one lap on the 2.7-mile street circuit remaining. But he was unable to sustain his most daring attack of the tour.

?I can?t lie. I felt pretty good today,? Armstrong said. ?It was a comfortable circuit, I thought, and I gave it a little go with a couple of laps left, but I needed to be with some more guys. I couldn?t stay away from the charging field.?

Armstrong was quick to praise Davis, back in top cycling after fighting for 18 months to successfully clear his name in a Spanish anti-doping investigation.

?It was a great victory for Allan, who is obviously a great friend of ours and a former teammate of ours,? Armstrong said. ?He went through his own troubles and I?m proud of him. I?m happy for him. He was seemingly invincible on (some stages) and controlled the race well, never panicked. He?s back.?

Armstrong showed impressive power as he first hunted down a four man leading group, hooked onto its last wheel then surged past the breakaway to take the lead.

A huge cheer went up when news that Armstrong was in front was relayed to the crowd, but the 37-year-old American was quickly reclaimed by the peleton.

He said he felt the strongest he had on the six-day tour, his first professional stage race in 3 1/2 years.

?It helps when you have good legs,? Armstrong said. ?I felt a lot better today, actually felt the best of the entire week, so when you feel good and you have good legs, you have to go for it don?t you??

Armstrong finished among the leading pack on every stage, stretched his legs on breaks on the second and final stages, and found the race rhythm he was looking for ahead of his next challenge, the Tour of California from Feb. 14-22.

?It was a good re-entry into the sport. Hard racing as I?ve said a lot of times and enthusiastic crowds,? he said. ?It gives us good momentum for California.

The Texan said his return to cycling and his ultimate goal of July?s Tour de France was ahead of schedule.

?(This) is a good indication I?ve done the right work. I still have to fine tune things, get lighter, still get fitter and work on certain aspects of my conditioning but I?m headed in the right way,? Armstrong said.

?I?d say we?re on track if not ahead of schedule. Even if it was a normal year, when you?re focused on July (and the Tour de France), I wouldn?t be riding this well in January.?

Source: http://sports.yahoo.com/sc/news;_ylt=AuSs8BNeKWpyT9t0jXIbkZd.grcF?slug=ap-tourdownunder&prov=ap&type=lgns

Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2009, 09:31:42 PM »

This is good.  He will get used to riding with other cyclists again.

Besides, his strength is on the mountains of France.  I think he will win again this summer.
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2009, 07:41:57 AM »

This is good.  He will get used to riding with other cyclists again.

Besides, his strength is on the mountains of France.  I think he will win again this summer.

Yes, it is. The next big race Lance will participate in will be in the Tour of California, February 14th-22nd. I can't wait! It will also be shown on television on VERSUS.

You can check out the air times here:
http://www.versus.com/nw/article/view/28927/?UserDef=true&catID=76

Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2009, 07:53:46 AM »

I would love to go check out the finish for the seventh stage.

I have never been to the Rose Bowl, and I could check that place out and see a true American hero at the same time.
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2009, 08:27:14 AM »

I have never been to the Rose Bowl, and I could check that place out and see a true American hero at the same time.

Oh yeah, it would be very cool to be at the finish and see the Rose Bowl. I would have loved to have been in Adelaide for the Tour Down Under!

I was lucky enough to be in Paris for the finish of the 2004 Tour de France. Very exciting and a huge thank you to the young lady here at the mesage board who allowed me to come visit!  Kiss

Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2009, 08:30:46 AM »

Oh yeah, it would be very cool to be at the finish and see the Rose Bowl. I would have loved to have been in Adelaide for the Tour Down Under!

I was lucky enough to be in Paris for the finish of the 2004 Tour de France. Very exciting and a huge thank you to the young lady here at the mesage board who allowed me to come visit!  Kiss

Thank you young lady here at the message board that allowed Drew to visit!

(Man, that must have been something!)

The finish.

The Tour finish I mean.  And that's ALL I mean.  Smiley

This post was meant for Three's Company.

Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2009, 01:45:09 PM »

Thank you young lady here at the message board that allowed Drew to visit!

(Man, that must have been something!)

The finish.

The Tour finish I mean.  And that's ALL I mean.  Smiley

This post was meant for Three's Company.

I'll never forget Paris! And yes, she's quite a special young lady!  yes

Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2009, 08:43:19 PM »

Leipheimer wins third straight Tour of California  ok

Lance Armstrong finishes 7th in Tour of California  ok

Armstrong?s comeback road

By Martin Rogers, Yahoo! Sports Feb 23, 12:59 am EST

PASADENA, Calif. ? The fine folks in California screamed themselves hoarse for Lance Armstrong over the past nine days, but the cycling legend?s mind was already fixed on a location far away.

More than four months remain before the start of the 96th Tour de France, yet Armstrong is already consumed by thoughts of Port Hercule, the area of Monte Carlo where this year?s race will begin.

Still in the early steps of one of sport?s most eagerly anticipated comebacks, the seven-time Tour champion?s gameface is firmly in place and preparations appear to be going smoothly.

His seventh-place finish in the Tour of California, won by his Astana teammate Levi Leipheimer, was a more than acceptable way to get some competitive miles in his legs at this stage of the season.

And though millions of eyes will tune in during July to see if the 37-year-old has what it takes to turn back the clock after three-and-a-half years away from racing, indications are that it is the same old Armstrong.

?There are two parts to the comeback,? he stated simply last week. ?One is to race. But more importantly is the thought and the idea to take LiveStrong around the world.?

LiveStrong, the cancer charity Armstrong set up, is now the driving force in his life and he knows that a victory in France would be the ultimate publicity for the cause.

It will be his legs that provide the raw power and endurance to take him from Monaco to Paris, 3,500 kilometers over 21 grueling stages, once Tour action begins.

However, as always, it will be Armstrong?s steely mentality and single-minded addiction to winning that makes him so formidable.

For a man who has conquered a rival as devastating as testicular cancer, any other obstacle or irritation must seem trivial, even if they would be enough to distract most professional athletes.

Because Armstrong will not just be battling the best riders in the world as he traverses France. He is one of the most popular sportsmen in history, yet his critics are plentiful and vocal.

Armstrong has never failed a drug test in his career but there are many who refuse to believe that someone who displays such remarkable dominance in one of the toughest physical disciplines can possibly be clean.

Armstrong wants to use his participation in the Tour to promote cancer awareness, however, he will find there are significant elements of the European sports media who will not let the topic of drug use lie.

Irish journalist and former pro cyclist Paul Kimmage was involved in a heated exchange with Armstrong at the launch news conference of the Tour of California and the scrutiny will be even greater in Europe.

In California, Kimmage aside, no one wanted to talk about drugs, despite the issue being the most pressing in cycling, just like it has been for years.

One of the complaints aimed at Armstrong is that his celebrity and profile take the spotlight away from drug testing and cycling?s attempts to rid itself of the scourge of cheating.

Overall, the extent to which the topic of drugs was avoided during the Tour of California was extraordinary.

When Floyd Landis, who finished first in the 2006 Tour de France before being disqualified after testing positive for a high level of testosterone, addressed the media Saturday, journalists were ordered to avoid questions about the past. As soon as Landis got one, he walked out.

The crowds that followed the riders from Sacramento to Escondido didn?t seem to care that many of the competitors had previously tested positive. Armstrong?s participation drew huge throngs of support and generated a buoyant atmosphere along every stage of the tour.

?When Lance is here it brings something special to the event,? said Chris Horner, his Astana colleague. ?People love coming out to see him and that makes it special for all the riders ? to have that kind of following in the United States is amazing.?

While Armstrong was part of Leipheimer?s support crew in California, roles will be reversed in the Tour de France.

?He is an inspiration,? Leipheimer said. ?I will be proud to help him win an eighth title.?

Source: http://sports.yahoo.com/sc/news;_ylt=AiHGzjNHFkFXPSjm3_ngQdN.grcF?slug=ro-armstrong022209&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2013, 01:31:02 PM »

Armstrong confessed to Oprah.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2013, 01:54:05 PM »

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/questions-oprah-should-ask-lance-armstrong-230849439.html

Good article for anyone that thinks Armstrong's doping didn't have any victims

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2013, 04:47:19 PM »

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/questions-oprah-should-ask-lance-armstrong-230849439.html

I take it that's the Wetzel column from over at Yahoo.  That was the best read on the topic I've seen.
Hopefully Oprah did some research and asked a few of those questions...but I doubt it. 

Lance is a fraud...I hope he sleeps well at night.  Roll Eyes

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2013, 04:57:52 PM »

I take it that's the Wetzel column from over at Yahoo.  That was the best read on the topic I've seen.
Hopefully Oprah did some research and asked a few of those questions...but I doubt it. 

Lance is a fraud...I hope he sleeps well at night.  Roll Eyes

Yeah, that's the column.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2013, 07:53:32 PM »

Yeah he cheated and it was wrong but lets be honest, we all know Cycling is like the dirtiest sport when it comes to doping. If there is anyone who won legitimately i would be shocked.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2013, 08:29:09 PM »

Simply put, LA maybe the biggest fraud in world sports history.

An utter disgrace.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2013, 10:05:41 PM »

That took a lot of balls.....

Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2013, 08:14:37 AM »

He's tarnished any credibility I ever had for him. He's let down a lot of people and bullied a lot of people as well. He was the last public figure I had any belief or trust that he was sincere and now that's gone.

From politicians, to thug athletes, to the asshole who's in the White House right now, eat shit and die.

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2013, 05:23:14 PM »

He's tarnished any credibility I ever had for him. He's let down a lot of people and bullied a lot of people as well. He was the last public figure I had any belief or trust that he was sincere and now that's gone.

From politicians, to thug athletes, to the asshole who's in the White House right now, eat shit and die.

Hey, at least there's a gutsy good kid from Notre Dame that...err, umm, maybe not.  Smiley

btw, couldn't disagree with ya more on our President, but I'll save that discussion for another section!

Drew, I will say I admire you for admitting when you are wrong.  I've known a lot of Lance loyalists that defended him throughout, despite all the evidence to the contrary.  Now, when I talk to them, "Aw, enough about Lance, I don't wanna hear his name."  They'll basically refuse to admit they were 100% off on the guy.
 no

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2013, 07:44:39 PM »

I can't believe I'm actually excitedly preparing to watch the Oprah Network!    Shocked

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2013, 07:58:41 PM »

I can't believe I'm actually excitedly preparing to watch the Oprah Network!    Shocked

Seriously. I had to go through my program guide for like 5 minutes to find the channel and than I still can't believe i'm dvring something off the Oprah Network. I think the interview is going to suck and afterwards were just going to want another one where he actually has to answer some tough questions, which we will never get.

Oprah has to be sitting at home going damn, if only this Manti Te'o shit broke next week.

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2013, 10:59:32 PM »

Seriously. I had to go through my program guide for like 5 minutes to find the channel and than I still can't believe i'm dvring something off the Oprah Network. I think the interview is going to suck and afterwards were just going to want another one where he actually has to answer some tough questions, which we will never get.

Oprah has to be sitting at home going damn, if only this Manti Te'o shit broke next week.

Dude, I can't believe I'm going to say this (don't worry, not a spoiler) Oprah did very well!  The interview (the 1st part I just viewed tonight) was excellent.  Oprah was strong, but not a rabid dog.  She really did well.  I am looking forward to tomorrow night's 2nd half of the interview.

As for Te'O, Oprah should line him up for his 1st sit-down interview.

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Pages: 1 2 [All] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: