Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 06, 2024, 11:13:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228003 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  USA Today: Candidate for Career Transition: Axl Rose
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: USA Today: Candidate for Career Transition: Axl Rose  (Read 23810 times)
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #120 on: September 13, 2008, 02:06:33 PM »

Was the album done back then NO !!! is the album done now YES !!!! thank you

It is?  How do you know this?  I must've missed Axl actually saying this - please post a link or something

Usually I hear about new "things" going on, but this little fact seems to have slipped by me

And this site does not allow statements like this unless it's fact...so either produce a link or maybe expect that to be stricken from the record!
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #121 on: September 13, 2008, 02:12:13 PM »

It is?  How do you know this?  I must've missed Axl actually saying this - please post a link or something

Usually I hear about new "things" going on, but this little fact seems to have slipped by me

And this site does not allow statements like this unless it's fact...so either produce a link or maybe expect that to be stricken from the record!

LOL you don't go into neogations with the record label until the record is done.  Im sure people on this board can back me up on this to/

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
Giant_Robot
Rocker

I am not your standard Chicken Dinner

« Reply #122 on: September 13, 2008, 02:23:25 PM »

LOL you don't go into neogations with the record label until the record is done.  Im sure people on this board can back me up on this to/
I am backing you up ! And so is beta = http://www.classicrockmagazine.com/page/classicrock?entry=it_s_a_fact

Or isn't beta a reliable source ?  Roll Eyes hihi

peace

Thanks Giant Robot...
freddiebrph
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #123 on: September 13, 2008, 03:02:07 PM »

negotiations  ok  ok  ok
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #124 on: September 13, 2008, 04:04:22 PM »

Didn't we all think that when OH MY GOD was released? I know I did! What year was that again?

oh c'mon admit it... you were expecting the album back then as well, and back the manager was saying that the album was almost finished-just a few vocals here and there.

some of you people are acting like it was obvious in '99 that it's gonna take a decade to actually see the release, and all those of us who were expecting the album to be out in either 99 or 00,01,02,03,04,05,06,07 are idiots.

I hope to see the album this year... but I wouldnt be suprised it it doesnt come out this year, or even next year.... who knows what might happen next to derail the whole thing again. for all we know.... MSL could organize a terrorist attack to destroy interscope or something...

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #125 on: September 13, 2008, 04:10:22 PM »

Didn't we all think that when OH MY GOD was released? I know I did! What year was that again?

oh c'mon admit it... you were expecting the album back then as well, and back the manager was saying that the album was almost finished-just a few vocals here and there.

some of you people are acting like it was obvious in '99 that it's gonna take a decade to actually see the release, and all those of us who were expecting the album to be out in either 99 or 00,01,02,03,04,05,06,07 are idiots.

I hope to see the album this year... but I wouldnt be suprised it it doesnt come out this year, or even next year.... who knows what might happen next to derail the whole thing again. for all we know.... MSL could organize a terrorist attack to destroy interscope or something...

Actually I didn't expect it to be out back in 99.  I did in 2006 but Axl explained to us why.  Enjoy Shacklers tommorow I know i will.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #126 on: September 13, 2008, 04:33:41 PM »

I heard of OMG like in 2003  Embarrassed

oh my god is really a great song. just because it's not your cup doesn't mean it sucks.
what sucks is to see it referred as a dud by some GNR fans (and only by some GNR fans) for it was not followed by an album.

Revenge OMG.
When shacklers or any new GNR song is officially send to radio, lets flood every station with our requests.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #127 on: September 13, 2008, 04:45:22 PM »

Well, Lucky does have a point......

What if Shackler's is released and absolutely fucking bombs?

Does Axl pull back CD and do more work or re-plan it?

One has to wonder, if Oh My God had been a huge hit, would CD have came out back then..........

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #128 on: September 13, 2008, 04:50:15 PM »

I doubt shackler would bomb...
it's a great\fun song that would apeal to the greater audience than the pure rockers.

but, I'm more afraid of the unforseen circumstances...
like the record company... problems with managers... alien attacks... ... whatever.

there's one thing that applies for GNR pretty well... "once you think its out.... they pull it back in"...

there's no sure bets. anything can happen.... and anything can change.
who's to say that K-mart wont fuck up the deal... or that the new managers arent gonna screw it all up again...
or that the Finck thing wont cause some other problem....  there's also the posibility of Bach taking over the band...
etc...etc...

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #129 on: September 13, 2008, 04:59:47 PM »

I will fight no matter what! rant
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #130 on: September 15, 2008, 01:27:48 PM »

One has to wonder, if Oh My God had been a huge hit, would CD have came out back then..........

No it wouldn't as it wasn't finished then.
I wonder would a song merely a soundtrack of some random film make a huge hit?
slashsbaconpit
Rocker

If it opens your eyes ...

« Reply #131 on: September 15, 2008, 05:56:33 PM »

Sounds like a song I'll like. Hope it comes out on Itunes sometime, or better yet, on Chinese Democracy. If not, I'll just have to live without hearing it.

Don't ask what your country can do for you, ask what your country can do for GNR!
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #132 on: September 15, 2008, 06:10:13 PM »

Sounds like a song I'll like. Hope it comes out on Itunes sometime, or better yet, on Chinese Democracy. If not, I'll just have to live without hearing it.

Shacklers is the first track that will be heard off Chinese Democracy.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #133 on: September 15, 2008, 07:35:08 PM »

I'm a big fan of Oh My God, I would love to hear a reworked version with a better mix and the contributions Buckethead made on the live version

That said, it wasn't a lead single for Chinese Democracy.  It was a good song on crappy soundtrack for a crappy movie that tanked badly at the box office.  There was not a great deal of label promotion behind it, no video, no major push to get it on the radio.  You have to understand, the record labels and radio stations are in bed together

When GnR releases an official single for Chinese Democracy, the record label WILL make sure that the single is in heavy rotation on mainstream and modern rock radio.  That's not even in question
Gritty
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #134 on: September 16, 2008, 10:26:13 AM »

I agree Shotgun,
No doubt an official single will get it's airplay, but I am a bit surprised at the basically zero attention that "Shackler's" is receiving. I at least remember the DJ's on local radio stations trashing Oh My God when it came out. I haven't heard anything about Shackler's aside from this site.
Gritty
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #135 on: September 16, 2008, 10:26:56 AM »

Granted I don't listen to the radio anymore, so that could explain it!
IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

Out of the shadows, into...Hell?

« Reply #136 on: September 16, 2008, 11:48:08 AM »

I agree Shotgun,
No doubt an official single will get it's airplay, but I am a bit surprised at the basically zero attention that "Shackler's" is receiving. I at least remember the DJ's on local radio stations trashing Oh My God when it came out. I haven't heard anything about Shackler's aside from this site.
I've said it in other posts, but lack of any news/announcement/buzz is somewhat disturbing...if there was a 'marketing plan' driving this release, you would expect it to kick in, wouldn't you?  I think marketing for 'End of Days' was a driving force behind OMG buzz.  Perhaps it is just too early...only 2 days post release.

"I have no comment, for the record, but don't quote me on that"
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #137 on: September 16, 2008, 11:53:47 AM »

Shacklers is a Rockband 2 exclusive !!! no single, no video.  It could be that Better will be the first single off of Chinese Democracy ! but that's just a rumor as we speak.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
Gritty
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #138 on: September 16, 2008, 12:28:05 PM »

I've said it in other posts, but lack of any news/announcement/buzz is somewhat disturbing...if there was a 'marketing plan' driving this release, you would expect it to kick in, wouldn't you?  I think marketing for 'End of Days' was a driving force behind OMG buzz.  Perhaps it is just too early...only 2 days post release.

Yeah it's very strange. I guess it should be expected from their management. I can't think of a commercial act that is run half as poorly. Not only does the website offer no news, but it looks like it took 5 minutes to design. I remember when I saw GNR in 06, I drove 5 hours to NYC not truly knowing for sure if the show was official because there was no mention of it anywhere. Thankfully we have this site. Though I must say the suspense of not knowing if they would show or not certainly added to the experience.

Still, I thought there would be more buzz from radio stations, web reviews, etc.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #139 on: September 16, 2008, 12:37:03 PM »

I find it laughable that you are commenting on the management.

Do you know anything about the managers?

As I've said many many many times, the song is in the game.

Right now, that's all there is.

It's not a single, it's not a video. It's a new song in the game for people to enjoy.

The second the promotion starts for the new GN'R release, you'll be there yelling "sell out!"...

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: