Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 04:39:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227963 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  The Official 2008/2009 NHL Thread
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Official 2008/2009 NHL Thread  (Read 55905 times)
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« on: September 24, 2008, 02:49:31 PM »

Looks like its gonna be a great year with alot of young teams gettin better such as Chicago and the Coyotes...I'm a Leafs fan and I think they will make the playoffs in 7th or 8th because of Ron Wilson...they will be a much more hard working team and alot more defensive...but I think the Rangers may have the cup if they can pickup one more impact player...Who does everyone like this year?

COYOTES NAME MUCKLER SENIOR ADVISER TO THE GM

GLENDALE, Ariz. - Former Ottawa Senators general manager John Muckler has been hired by the Phoenix Coyotes as the team's senior adviser to the GM.
"We are thrilled to add John Muckler to the Coyotes front office," GM Don Maloney said in a release Tuesday. "His extensive hockey experience and wealth of knowledge will be an incredible asset to the organization." Muckler is a five-time Stanley Cup winner with over 50 years of pro hockey experience. He has worked as a GM, director of player personnel, director of hockey operations, head coach, assistant coach and player.

« Last Edit: September 24, 2008, 04:53:01 PM by Skeba » Logged

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2008, 03:14:50 PM »

The Official 2008/2008 NHL Thread

Wink

it's gonna be interrestin as always.. shame it doesn't look like mats sundin will continue, my alltime favourite player yes

forsberg haven't signed to any team either eh?
Skeba
Laugh Whore
Legend

Comedy is tragedy plus time

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2008, 04:53:19 PM »

happy now..? Wink

I've created an atmosphere where I?m a friend first, moderator second. Probably entertainer third.
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2008, 06:42:41 PM »

i'm so looking forward to the new season.

i'm hoping the oilers have a better start to the season this time round, and i'm intrested in seeing how the "kids" develop.

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2008, 08:46:38 PM »

THRASHERS ACQUIRE DEFENCEMAN SCHNEIDER FROM DUCKS

ANAHEIM, Calif. - The Anaheim Ducks have finally found a new home for Mathieu Schneider. The NHL team dealt the veteran defenceman to the Atlanta Thrashers on Friday for blue-liner Ken Klee and wingers Brad Larsen and Chad Painchaud. Ducks GM Brian Burke has been trying to trade Schneider for weeks to help get his team under the salary cap. Schneider is due to earn US$5.75 million this season - meaning Anaheim will save at least $3 million as a result of this deal. Klee ($1.25 million), Larsen ($560,000) and Painchaud ($565,000) will count $2.5 million against the cap if they all play in the NHL this season. "It worked to our benefit, the opportunity to add a player of this calibre with a team that was up against the cap and had to make a move to get under the cap," Thrashers general manager Don Waddell said. "It's a big day for our franchise."

IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

Out of the shadows, into...Hell?

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2008, 11:08:17 AM »

Who has TV rights in US this year?  I hope it isn't 'outdoor network' or whatever...

"I have no comment, for the record, but don't quote me on that"
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2008, 08:14:14 PM »

Its still Versus and nbc unfortunately.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2008, 09:59:36 PM »

I thought of getting NHL Center Ice but I already have NFL Sunday Ticket and NBA League Pass, So I probably won't.

I love the Thrashers but where I am so close, most games will be blacked out anyway so its a waste of money.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2008, 10:06:52 PM »

I thought of getting NHL Center Ice but I already have NFL Sunday Ticket and NBA League Pass, So I probably won't.

I love the Thrashers but where I am so close, most games will be blacked out anyway so its a waste of money.

Are you sure? I thought the blackout applies only if the channels they are on are broadcasted in your area.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2008, 11:47:20 PM »

any game that isn't a sellout gets blacked out. even when u buy the packages.

I could never get any Hawks games which of course is no loss, but u get what I am saying.

I doubt the Thrashers will sell out most nights........ although getting to see my 2nd favorite player Alex Ovechkin play every game would be sweet.

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2008, 11:52:04 PM »

I didn't know that. That must suck for someone who likes a team that doesn't sell out their games and doesn't live in the local viewing area.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2008, 12:04:28 AM »

My favorite teams though are far away so I get to see their's which is all good. Getting to see all 82 Dirk Nowitzki games is worth the price alone. Throw in Steve Nash and Kobe Bryant and the NBA thing is awesome.

Of course seeing the Penguins every game would be worth the Center Ice price.

AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2008, 03:22:27 PM »

Chicago will hoist the cup this year Grin

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2008, 04:03:56 PM »

yo, can someone tell me the best game for the NHL on PS2

2k9 or 09?

GO preds!!!

I'm a newbie NHL fan, but I think I may get "into" it, I really got into the playoffs last year!

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2008, 02:10:27 PM »

NHL 09 (EA Sports Version with Phanuef on the front) is always the best game, its not out until the end of octboer

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2008, 02:13:47 PM »

DUCKS SIGN SELANNE TO TWO-YEAR CONTRACT

ANAHEIM, Calif. - Teemu Selanne signed a two-year, US$5.25 million contract with the Anaheim Ducks and scored a pair of power-play goals against the Vancouver Canucks in his pre-season debut Sunday night. The 38-year-old Finn sat out training camp last season and the first four months of the regular season while contemplating retirement. He re-signed in February as a free agent and had 12 goals and 11 assists in 26 games. "We made it clear that we wanted him back, and he wanted to stay," general manager Brian Burke said. "This is a guy who's taking a pay cut to play for Anaheim. These values reflect what Teemu means to us, and what Anaheim means to him."

BLACKHAWKS PLACE KHABIBULIN ON WAIVERS

The Chicago Blackhawks have placed goalie Nikolai Khabibulin on waivers as speculation of a trade continues. Khabibulin was expected to start in Sunday's preseason game against the Dallas Stars but was not on the ice or the bench for the game. Antti Niemi got the start and Corey Crawford served as his back-up. The Blackhawks take on the Columbus Blue Jackets on Monday night but no starter has been announced. ''He had a great practice [Saturday],'' head coach Denis Savard told the Chicago Sun-Times on Sunday. ''We'll give him a couple more days and see what happens. He's ready to play.'' Since the addition of free agent goaltender Cristobal Huet over the summer, the future of Khabibulin in Chicago has become uncertain. Khabibulin, who won a Stanley Cup with The tampa Bay Lightning in 2005, is in the final year of a four-year, $27 million contract.

GunnerOne 84
VIP

Welcome Back To The Jungle

« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2008, 12:00:02 AM »

Caps season ticket holder here.

Can't wait for the season to start!!!

Nothing Lasts Forever, And We Both Know Hearts Can Change
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2008, 07:40:16 AM »

was there a blackout on the season openers over there?

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2008, 07:15:02 PM »

CANUCKS ACQUIRE O'BRIEN, OUELLET FROM LIGHTNING

The Vancouver Canucks have acquired defenceman Shane O'Brien and right wing Michel Ouellet from the Tampa Bay Lightning in exchange for defenceman Lukas Krajicek and right wing Juraj Simek. O'Brien will report to Vancouver and Ouellet will report to the team's AHL affiliate in Manitoba. "They (management) told me that Tampa wanted me for quite some time," Krajicek told CKNW in Vancouver. "They said I would play more minutes there and in every way it should better for me."

MAPLE LEAFS KEEPING SCHENN FOR START OF THE SEASON

The Toronto Maple Leafs like Luke Schenn so much, they're going to keep him around a while longer. General manager Cliff Fletcher told reporters on on Monday that their 2008 first-round selection will stay with the club for the start of the season. Schenn, 18, was selected with the fifth overall pick in June. The Saskatoon native was a standout at training camp, scoring one goal and registering a plus-3 in seven games.

LEAFS WAIVE BELL, FLAMES PLACE THREE ON WAIVERS

The Toronto Maple Leafs placed forward Mark Bell on waivers on Monday, while the Calgary Flames have put defencemen Anders Eriksson and Rhett Warrener and forward Jamie Lundmark on the waiver wire. The Leafs acquired Bell two summers ago from the San Jose Sharks in a package that also included goaltender Vesa Toskala. In 35 games last season, he scored four goals and 10 points. Eriksson, 33, played 61 games with Calgary last season, tallying 18 points. Warrener, who played four seasons with Calgary, was limited to 31 games last season because of leg and ankle injuries.

LEAFS' HOLLWEG SUSPENDED FOR TWO GAMES

The Toronto Maple Leafs will be without forward Ryan Hollweg for the first two games of the NHL regular season because he's been suspended by the league. Hollweg was assessed a boarding major in a pre-season game against St. Louis and because he had two boarding majors last season, there is a provision for an automatic two-game suspension as a result of the accumulation. He was assessed game misconducts for checking from behind on Jan. 5 against Edmonton and boarding on Feb. 5 against Montreal. Hollweg is automatically suspended for the Maple Leafs' Oct. 9 date in Detroit and Oct. 11 against the Canadiens.

Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2008, 08:55:52 PM »

any game that isn't a sellout gets blacked out. even when u buy the packages.

I think you're mistaken my friend... The NFL is the only league with strict blackout rules....

NHL has no such attendance rule..... There would be a quite a few games blacked out if that was the case!

Call DirecTV, they'll let ya know!!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: