Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 08:53:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228062 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Chinese Democracy Tracklist
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chinese Democracy Tracklist  (Read 133659 times)
duga
VIP

If you're not a rock star - at least act like one

« Reply #720 on: October 27, 2008, 12:53:27 AM »

I'm very happy with the tracklist, but to be honest I would have loved to have seen Silkworms on there. I dig that song so much. Pumps me up

peace

Like Chris Pitman said, they're just waiting for the world to catch up with that song...

/jarmo

Pitman has to realize the only world that song's gonna catch up with is "My World," and don't get me started about how horrible that world is.  hihi

I am very happy with the tracklist/s I've seen.  Apparently there have been different orders...I am forgetting what I saw earlier and I'm glad.  I want a little surprise on November 23rd.  (and that surprise better not be a hidden track called My World Part II  hihi)

Well, nowadays My World is actually listenable. It wasn't listenable in 1991.

Stockholm 2006, Oslo 2010, Maryland 2016, Stockholm 2017, Gothenburg 2018

Power to the people, peace out and blame Canada
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #721 on: October 27, 2008, 01:27:31 AM »

Hearing a studio version of Silkworms would be amazing!   Maybe it will pop up on a future album.
Jaakko
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #722 on: October 27, 2008, 02:17:46 PM »

I'm very happy with the tracklist, but to be honest I would have loved to have seen Silkworms on there. I dig that song so much. Pumps me up

peace

Feel free to kick me, but I think Prostitute could be Silk Worms !

I'm glad they chose all the leaks, live played stuff and two most speculation-heavy songs (This I Love & Prostitute ) to be on the album. Possible follow-up can start from a clean table  Cool
"Guns N' Roses fans have every reason to celebrate, for this is only the beginning."

Hope everything planned happens  Wink
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #723 on: October 27, 2008, 02:43:49 PM »

It really sounds like they have a lot of industrial stuff that they are saving back for a later album, which is really cool...

What are the other songs that we've heard that aren't on this cd besides Silkworms?

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
Gritty
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #724 on: October 27, 2008, 03:12:33 PM »

It really sounds like they have a lot of industrial stuff that they are saving back for a later album, which is really cool...

What are the other songs that we've heard that aren't on this cd besides Silkworms?

I really hope that isn't true. I hope Shackler's is the last experiment with industrial music. OMG is a great song, but I was hoping they'd end it there.
nateinthehon
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #725 on: October 27, 2008, 06:18:02 PM »

I am not a regular message board poster, I only ever really posted in smaller boards like 2ti. So, I'd like to interject some thoughts on this tracklist.

I 100% agree that its our own faults for listening to leaks. Thats does not mean that its our faults if we do not like the leaks, and feel dissapointed looking at the tracklist of the CD, and saying...this is it? I have heard some of these songs anywhere from 7 years to a few months now...and there is nothing that makes me think that they are legendary tracks. I will say that I was impressed with the final product of Chinese Democracy, a song I thought was blah live before..I do like the studio version.

Its all about the time, all this waiting. Most of these songs, have been played/previewed in Rolling Stone in 99, Vegas in 01, and so on. WHat the fuck has taken this long? This CD woulda been exciting in 01/02...not 75 months later. I fully expected to get 8-10 songs that we never heard, or heard about...remember, the BIG GUNS. We are just getting the same OK tracks, and some new ones like Shacklers, which is not very good either.

Too me, TWAT is the only fucking A yeah song, a elite GNR track, I am pumped for the final mix of that.

I am kinda hoping this tracklist is a throw off, and when i get the album(Ill buy it not matter what) there is a different set, and they sed that to throw off future downloads.

I think you are setting yourself up for disappointment.   If you are so disappointed in the songs, why are you even here?

I think Dissapointed in the songs is a bad way of explaining the way I feel. I am kind of baffled, if you will. I still have my magazine where all of these songs where played for Rolling Stone. If these songs all came out 6-7 years ago, then yeah, great. I just don't undertsand the postonements. Why not the March of 07 date?

I just thought that there was something bigger. I always figured the album would be overhyped on everyones level based on the time and speculation.

I am just being honest, something that I dont always think bloggers on any level can do. Some people who will just love anything Axl puts out no matter what, almost like a robot. I was rooting for this thing every step of the way. I wanted to love it, I still do want to love. I am hoping the final mixes will blow me away and prove myself wrong. From what I have heard(about 10 of the songs)..soley based on the songwriting, trying to ignore production..i'd give it 3 1/2 stars max. I hope I am wrong, but Im trying to lower my hoped over the final weeks.

And 1 side bar...I wonder if any of these songs are "Oklahoma"?
jbenzz
Rocker

I'm a dolphin

« Reply #726 on: October 27, 2008, 08:23:03 PM »

The only thing I find disappointing is that Axl said way back in the day that CD, the Blues, Madagascar etc (the early show stuff) wasn't going to be single material, and now CD is the first single.  A bit confusing and the only reason I can see them doing this is because its the title track and the name Chinese Democracy has so much weight, so people will be more inclined to listen to it.

I tell my friends, they never believe me
They think that I've finally lost it completly
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #727 on: October 27, 2008, 08:25:09 PM »

The only thing I find disappointing is that Axl said way back in the day that CD, the Blues, Madagascar etc (the early show stuff) wasn't going to be single material, and now CD is the first single.  A bit confusing and the only reason I can see them doing this is because its the title track and the name Chinese Democracy has so much weight, so people will be more inclined to listen to it.

yea but that was 6 years ago, and in 2006 it was reported the single was going to be Better.  Things change, plans change.   I think they figured the title track was a good way to introduce this album and I think it makes sense.
gcluskey
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #728 on: October 27, 2008, 08:34:18 PM »

Can't believe anyone can be disappointed with the tracklist. The final mix of the song Chinese Democracy is brilliant and I wasn't a big fan of the song before but it sounds great now and grows on me the more I hear it. Shackler's is the same, the more I hear it, the more I like it. Better and IRS are really good GNR songs and are a progressive step in the right direction from UYI. Street of Dreams reminds me of Breakdown, another classic GNR song. TWAT and Catcher in the Rye sound amazing and I'm sure the final mix will be awesome. Everything I've heard from this album just sounds really good. Any artist that alters their style in the name of artistic progression will be criticized to some degree. The Beatles, Queen, Radiohead, U2 all got slated when they tried something new but looking back, I felt they were all brilliant. I love Appetite, Lies and UYI but I don't expect Axl to regurgitate them with a whole new band of musicians. Its nearly 2009, I would've hoped GNR would've progressed by now and it has... we're about to receive one of the most remarkable albums of this decade. I can guarantee it Smiley

With your piss flaps flappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nuthin' done...
Mike McKagan
Rocker

I'm a small town white boy...

« Reply #729 on: October 27, 2008, 08:37:35 PM »

Well, nowadays My World is actually listenable. It wasn't listenable in 1991.

Only if you've gone deaf between 1991 and 2008.   rofl

VR--Nashville, TN--10/16/2004
GN'R--Portland, OR--12/11/2006
GN'R--Rosemont, IL--11/15/2011
GN'R--Nashville, TN--07/09/2016
GN'R--Saint Louis, MO--09/09/2023
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #730 on: October 27, 2008, 08:51:56 PM »

problem with you is all you keep talking about is how it compares to the old.

fuck expectations and just enjoy it for what it is, great music.  Thats all that matters.   
efish
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #731 on: October 27, 2008, 08:52:55 PM »

So has it been confirmed if 'citr' is going to be spelled as "Catcher N' The Rye" on the album, or if that was just a spelling error on best buy's site?
The Estranged MrFlashbax
VIP

The Tranquil Jester

« Reply #732 on: October 27, 2008, 08:55:08 PM »

The song I was most stoked to see on the tracklist was Catch In The Rye... I completely fell in love with that song when I heard it and was disappointed when everyone dismissed it to be on the 2nd or 3rd album, if at all. Very excited to hear it

Thanks 2 those who went 2 Mustang Harry's on May 12th. That made my first concert experience something I'll never forget. Never did I feel like I fit in anywhere as much as I did amongst you strangers
gcluskey
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #733 on: October 27, 2008, 08:55:59 PM »

So has it been confirmed if 'citr' is going to be spelled as "Catcher N' The Rye" on the album, or if that was just a spelling error on best buy's site?
I'd say it probably will be Catcher 'N The Rye, same as Dust 'N bones, Guns N' Roses...it sort of fits

With your piss flaps flappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nuthin' done...
SkeletorSerpent
Rocker

« Reply #734 on: October 27, 2008, 09:14:11 PM »

Whatever happened to the bonus album/cd with all covers? I thought Axl stated in an old interview around 2000 that CD would include a bonus album of covers or a few "hidden" or extra tracks.
I was thinking that some of the old UYI live show covers would have been on there, e.g. Pink Floyd "Mother," Black Sabbath "It's Alright," Bob Dylan "Hurricane," CCR "Fortunate Son," etc.
Anyway, I think "We are Sailing" would be the perfect addition to CD or included on a bonus album. I think a polished, studio version of that song would blow the masses away, catch the mainstream attention, and make Gnr a household name again. It would really convert the people who miss the "melodic presence of Slash's weeping, crying, soulful, and bluesy" Les Paul. From the live versions I've heard, it had the old school, loose, anthemic, bluesy Gnr feel. They could also throw on The Doors' "Light My Fire" and James Brown's "I Feel Good"

Hopefully, CD has at least one raw, stripped down, loose and bluesy jive, similar to You're Crazy (acoustic). I think it would prove to all the doubter that the new band is taking a new direction but STILL has a bluesy core and are talented and tight enough to create the raw energy from a blues-based rock song with all the old school Gnr jive and swagger.

I can't wait to hear This I Love, I think this will be on par with Estranged and NR. It will pick up where Axl left off and where Slash and Duff ceased to "see" and "feel" Too bad for them. They just simply couldn't keep up with Axl's eclectic, Mick Jaggeresque soul. Their talent maxed out with blues-based rock and punk. They don't have the vision and foresight of Axl. They're just kick ass, straight forward, blues-based rock. Anyway, I hope CD includes at least one blues-based, loose and jivy, stripped down track (perhaps even acoustic)

estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #735 on: October 27, 2008, 09:39:25 PM »

It's not the greatest song of the tracks we know, but it is by far the most addictive.

Shackler's Revenge will be played everywhere, radio, tv, pubs, discos, everywhere.

I felt, the first time I listened to it, like ''what the fuck is this engender? Axl must have driven totally nuts, and whoever is playing the solo, that guy must be insane''

Then, I dont know why, it stuck in my mind (i was working when I first heard it). I couldn't concentrate in anything 'cause my mind was repeating the chorus in its own.

Shackler's an amazing song. It's heroin. Its 100% crazyness. It must have the most catchy chorus I've ever heard from GNR, and I cant remember any other chorus as catchy as it in other bands (maybe ''Moneytalks'' or ''Territorial Pissings'', I dont know)

CD's got 10 out 14 potential hits/singles. I dont know Sorry, Scraped and This I Love, but we can be sure there will be no fillers in this album. ''Great art takes time''. Well said!  beer
« Last Edit: October 27, 2008, 09:40:56 PM by estebanf » Logged

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #736 on: October 27, 2008, 09:42:29 PM »

Well I decided to clean up a little after that troll....

I will not let some so called fans who have issues with GN'R releasing new material without their favorite members ruin these threads.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #737 on: October 27, 2008, 09:44:14 PM »

Thanks, we don't need posters here with an agenda against the band.  peace

CD's got 10 out 14 potential hits/singles. I dont know Sorry, Scraped and This I Love, but we can be sure there will be no fillers in this album. ''Great art takes time''. Well said!  beer

This I Love is supposed to be pretty huge.    I also see this as one of those albums without filler, where every song is top quality.     Roll on Nov 23!
Mobenrad
VIP

Free of all these chains

« Reply #738 on: October 27, 2008, 11:43:07 PM »

Thanks, we don't need posters here with an agenda against the band.  peace

This I Love is supposed to be pretty huge.    I also see this as one of those albums without filler, where every song is top quality.     Roll on Nov 23!

Yeah I remember reading interviews about that song. Axl called it his best. I'll see if I can find the sources.
daviebuckethead
VIP

it'd be a long time for anyone..........

« Reply #739 on: October 28, 2008, 05:49:55 AM »

when bbf waqs on trunk he said the tracks we haven't heard are among the best the album has to offer, i can't wait to hear them. Although there is always the worry that ron has to say that......

everytime i see them makes me wish i had a gun.....
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: