Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 07:40:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227963 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Who Will Interview Axl Rose? The Fans? Post Your Question...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Who Will Interview Axl Rose? The Fans? Post Your Question...  (Read 19413 times)
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #60 on: October 27, 2008, 06:00:33 PM »

I believe he mentioned Jarmo in Belgium right before Live and Let Die...

i would wager that he def checks out the boards from time to time

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
cocoscum
Opening Act

So far out from the shore

« Reply #61 on: October 27, 2008, 06:22:38 PM »

It should defiantly be Kurt Loder.  The guy is a great journalist in the rock world.  I'd also like to see a Larry King Live show With Axl.  King is good at getting some people to open up.

Trust me.  I'm probably drunk.
adman2374
Rocker

« Reply #62 on: October 27, 2008, 06:55:16 PM »

Finally does he ever visit this forum? Have you ever heard of Jarmo?

Yes, he gave Jarmo a shoutout in 2002.   I think Axl respects this website.

I have no clue whether he respects this site or not, but I do not think he likes the internet much. He considers the net a "garbage can" because of all the BS on it. Im guessing he has plenty of things to do and I wouldnt think he would be reading gnr fan sites, but I have no personal knowledge of that.
gcluskey
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #63 on: October 28, 2008, 08:52:01 AM »

Kurt Loader would only be good because Axl feels comfortable with him and would be good to promote the album. Eddie Trunk may be good. Howard Stern would ask some interesting stuff and would make him answer some of those uncomfortable questions. I would like someone to ask him some in depth questions and not ask him the little softball questions about how amazing he is and how every song on CD kicks ass. 

I would want to know where did the direction of the music come from? Was it his vision all along? Was it influenced by the new members?

Where did he get the ideas and inspiration for each song on CD?

Are the rumors of 4 albums worth of material true? If so, are those songs finished and when will they be released?

How was the writing process for CD different than past GNR records. Who contributed he most? Which member inspires him to write the most now and before?

Did you go through a depression? If so what happened? If not how did you manage to stay out of the spotlight for so many years?

Why did so many people come and go? Creative differences? Personality conflicts? Lack of Patience? Not talented enough?

How would he compare the line up in 2000 to the current line up? What is different?

When you perform on stage with this line up, what is the vibe? How does it differ from the past? What is different?

Do you feel this is a band or that you have hired the best musicians in the business? 

Why did he change his style from wearing Jerseys to his current look?

Is he ever going to take off the braids?

Is it true he was taking guitar lessons? Are there any songs where he plays guitar himslef?

What was the meaning of round one at the end of the MTV video awards? When is round two coming?

What music does he like to listen too these days?

Have you listened to VR? If so what are his thoughts? Do you like any songs in particular?

Did Slash really go to your house? Why did you not want to see him?

How come you still talk to Izzy and not the rest of the guys?

What happened with Paul Tobias?

Has he seen BH withouth a mask?

Are you still friends with Ricky Rackman?

What is his relationship with the current band members? Working? Social? Do you guys hang out? How does the relationship differ from the relationship he had with the original members when they were working together?

Have any of the new members had any drug issues?

Have you stopped smoking? Do you still do any drugs even if recreational?

What do you do after a show? Where do you go and what do you do?

Does material exist which was recorded by Slash Duff and Matt before they left? Where is it? What will be done with it?

What is going on with his love life? Dating any hot Models? Was Stephanie Seymour his last serious relationship? If not who and what happened? Does he want kids? Does he know Slash & Duff have kids?

Any plans for a DVD of the tour or the making of CD?

The infamous reunion question? Is there a possibility for the R&R HOF to reunite with the original members? What would it take to quash the rift between him and the former members? Does he have a rift with other people who were involved and did not stick around to the end like BH, Josh Freese, Paul Tobias, etc.?

Thank you. It was questions I was looking for. Going to compile all of these

With your piss flaps flappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nuthin' done...
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #64 on: October 28, 2008, 05:59:43 PM »

Some of those questions are the kind of stuff I'd expect to see on gossip sites.

nervous

Not necessarily stuff any real fan would want to see in a major interview.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

Out of the shadows, into...Hell?

« Reply #65 on: October 28, 2008, 06:36:13 PM »

Only 1 question neccisary:  So, Axl, can you tell me about the process of making Chinese Democracy?

Also, have lots of tape/memory/airtime...  ok

"I have no comment, for the record, but don't quote me on that"
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #66 on: October 28, 2008, 07:20:42 PM »

I like Kurt Loder as an interviewer.  He's professional, unbiased, and asks the questions people generally want to know the answers to.

But if it's him, can we at least get the interview on a network that people might actually watch?

RancidPunx
VIP

FAITH

« Reply #67 on: October 28, 2008, 07:50:36 PM »

No offense to Jarmo, Del, or even Kurt Loder, but how about someone who has an impressive track record for fair and objective reporting, an impressive and long history of journalistic integrity, and who garners tremendous respect in the industry?

David Fricke gets my vote.

This.You need someone who will be fair but also ask the tough questions.

Fernando-Remember when you said you would swap your side stage view of the band for my pit view?Well, I do and I am holding you to it in 09!
*Hell "Freud" might say that's what I need*
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #68 on: October 29, 2008, 01:18:20 AM »

Here's my Top 10 questions I would ask Axl

1. What does it feel like finally releasing Chinese Democracy ?

2. Why did it take so long to be released ?

3. How do you feel being back in the spotlight in a age of hip hop and pop music ?

4. What was your most diffcult time in the last 13 years ? how did you cope with building Guns N' Roses back from stratch.

5. Do you plan on touring in 2009 ?

6. What's your favorite song on Chinese Democracy ?

7. How did you accquire the services of Andy Gould, Irving Azoff ?

8. How do you feel about Slash ? have you read his book ?

9. Is Robin Finck still a member of Guns N' Roses

10. In 10 years what do you want Guns N' Roses to be known for ?

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
Black Betty
Headliner

« Reply #69 on: October 29, 2008, 01:42:23 AM »

There's really only one choice....Oprah.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #70 on: October 29, 2008, 03:24:46 AM »

More than anything I would like to know what was Axl's motivation/inspiration/drive to get this record completed.  The fact that this record is even completed is amazing considering all the obstacles we know that Axl has had to go through to complete it..not to mention any obstacles that we are NOT aware of.  I would really love to get his insight on the creative process over the past 14 years...I dont like to bring up ex-members but I would really love to hear HIS input as to what went down with Slash and Duff, not because I want to dwell on the past, quite the opposite, I would like to know how those events impacted Axl and helped shape GNR's present AND future...  I would like to know if he felt betrayed by them for walking away(people forget THEY are the ones who left).  I would also love to hear some details about how he put together this band that we all know and love, and what he looked for in the new members..I say "new" but most of these guys have been around for the better part of a decade.  I guess I would just really love to hear Axl's side of everything..The fact that Axl has been able to soldier on and deliver a new Guns N Roses record to the fans is truly awesome, I would just like to hear what drove him and kept him motivated all these years.
suicide
VIP

« Reply #71 on: October 29, 2008, 03:49:24 AM »

Do you know what he said more or less?
After 'Mr. Brownstone,' Axl questions the crowd, "Hey is uh... I don't know if I... I say it right. Do you pronounce the 'J'? How about 'Here today, gone to Belgium' for Jarmo!"
(gnrontour.com, the best source for this kind of information!)
Silverchair
Rocker

« Reply #72 on: October 29, 2008, 01:07:46 PM »

Here's my question...

You have been known to have a wide-array of musical preferences, everything from Public Enemy to Nine Inch Nails... who are you currently listening to? Are these artists/bands contributing to the sound of CD or future projects?

"They don?t make ?em like Vince Neil or Tommy Lee anymore. And there sure hasn?t been another Axl Rose. " via MSNBC- 2008.

"Think For Yourself, Question Authority"

HUMOR = Negative Karma
gcluskey
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #73 on: October 29, 2008, 01:18:36 PM »

Some of those questions are the kind of stuff I'd expect to see on gossip sites.

nervous

Not necessarily stuff any real fan would want to see in a major interview.

/jarmo

Good point. Let's take all questions for now and edit them down later. Hopefully we can compile a good list of decent questions and forward them to the right people and maybe get someone to ask Axl some of them

With your piss flaps flappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nuthin' done...
Crowebar
Sir Puke-a-Lot
VIP

« Reply #74 on: October 29, 2008, 01:27:35 PM »

Kurt Loader would only be good because Axl feels comfortable with him and would be good to promote the album. Eddie Trunk may be good. Howard Stern would ask some interesting stuff and would make him answer some of those uncomfortable questions. I would like someone to ask him some in depth questions and not ask him the little softball questions about how amazing he is and how every song on CD kicks ass. 

I would want to know where did the direction of the music come from? Was it his vision all along? Was it influenced by the new members?

Where did he get the ideas and inspiration for each song on CD?

Are the rumors of 4 albums worth of material true? If so, are those songs finished and when will they be released?

How was the writing process for CD different than past GNR records. Who contributed he most? Which member inspires him to write the most now and before?

Did you go through a depression? If so what happened? If not how did you manage to stay out of the spotlight for so many years?

Why did so many people come and go? Creative differences? Personality conflicts? Lack of Patience? Not talented enough?

How would he compare the line up in 2000 to the current line up? What is different?

When you perform on stage with this line up, what is the vibe? How does it differ from the past? What is different?

Do you feel this is a band or that you have hired the best musicians in the business? 

Why did he change his style from wearing Jerseys to his current look?

Is he ever going to take off the braids?

Is it true he was taking guitar lessons? Are there any songs where he plays guitar himslef?

What was the meaning of round one at the end of the MTV video awards? When is round two coming?

What music does he like to listen too these days?

Have you listened to VR? If so what are his thoughts? Do you like any songs in particular?

Did Slash really go to your house? Why did you not want to see him?

How come you still talk to Izzy and not the rest of the guys?

What happened with Paul Tobias?

Has he seen BH withouth a mask?

Are you still friends with Ricky Rackman?

What is his relationship with the current band members? Working? Social? Do you guys hang out? How does the relationship differ from the relationship he had with the original members when they were working together?

Have any of the new members had any drug issues?

Have you stopped smoking? Do you still do any drugs even if recreational?

What do you do after a show? Where do you go and what do you do?

Does material exist which was recorded by Slash Duff and Matt before they left? Where is it? What will be done with it?

What is going on with his love life? Dating any hot Models? Was Stephanie Seymour his last serious relationship? If not who and what happened? Does he want kids? Does he know Slash & Duff have kids?

Any plans for a DVD of the tour or the making of CD?

The infamous reunion question? Is there a possibility for the R&R HOF to reunite with the original members? What would it take to quash the rift between him and the former members? Does he have a rift with other people who were involved and did not stick around to the end like BH, Josh Freese, Paul Tobias, etc.?

Holy shit! That's quite the list!  nervous
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #75 on: October 29, 2008, 04:24:46 PM »

Russell Brand Shocked  hihi
cviper13
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #76 on: October 29, 2008, 04:35:52 PM »

What about George Stroumboulopoulos from CBC's "the hour". I mean I am speaking about a canadian interviewer, i know, but he is very good at what he does!
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #77 on: October 29, 2008, 04:43:02 PM »

What about George Stroumboulopoulos from CBC's "the hour". I mean I am speaking about a canadian interviewer, i know, but he is very good at what he does!

no way, there's no way in hell because no one can pronounce that name.. how are they gonna pop the question? "hello mr rose, are u interrested in an interview with george stroublmliouspoeees"  hihi

but seriously, pretty nice name ok have never heard of the guy,,

is there an alternative that says there won't be any interviews? Wink
patmac54
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #78 on: October 29, 2008, 04:58:03 PM »

Larry King for credibility and straight talk.

But more likely to see Kurt Loder.

For fucking hell of it, have Izzy interview him.  It'd be more relaxed, and honest.
Olorin
« Reply #79 on: October 29, 2008, 06:32:27 PM »

I'd like to ask him if he remembers anything about the Glasgow gig in Scotland, or if it just blended the other nights in the UK tour? It was special to us because it was the first GN'R gig ever as well as a fantastic performance. It must be difficult to remember what show was what when you go on tour.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: