Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:24:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GN'R first band to Norwegian Quart-festival?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: GN'R first band to Norwegian Quart-festival?  (Read 2927 times)
Spirit
Legend

« on: October 29, 2008, 08:05:10 AM »

Tom Zutaut has started working for the festival's booking group.

We have made an offer, so we will see. It all depends on their agent in London who are putting toghether their program these days. We hope to present the first artist on a pressconference next week, Zutaut tells Dagbladet.no.

http://www.dagbladet.no/kultur/2008/10/29/551980.html

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
cineater
Legend

« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2008, 08:10:32 AM »

When is that?

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2008, 08:11:03 AM »

I'd love that Hultfred is taking place just the week after, the 2 festivals could try to fix something together  drool
jaknudsen
Rocker

I'm a mule!

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2008, 08:54:11 AM »

When is that?

June 30 to July 4

http://www.quart.no/

looooooooove's sooooo straaange

2006-06-28 Oslo, NOR
2010-06-02 Oslo, NOR
2018-07-19 Oslo, NOR
2022-06-15 Stavanger, NOR
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2008, 09:34:40 AM »

So a little inside scoop that a gn'r tour is in the planning. No big surprice i guess, bu still.

My consern is that Tom Z and Axl don't get along... Tom said alot of stuff in that classic rock piece...

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2008, 09:46:30 AM »

So a little inside scoop that a gn'r tour is in the planning. No big surprice i guess, bu still.

Yeah that's true, but I'm still pretty excited if they're planning an European tour for the summer. Especially Scandinavia.

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2008, 11:01:40 AM »

Story that says Tom Zutaut is going to work with Quart-festival and what bands he discovered.

http://www.nrk.no/musikk/festival/1.6285425

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2008, 12:25:05 PM »

axl won't say "no, we can't play to our fans at this festival because tom zutaut works at it"
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2008, 12:56:32 PM »

And if it turns out that GN'R won't play this festival, it'll be "Axl canceled".  Roll Eyes

So many promoters/organizers have tried this tactic.

Remember all those "confirmed" Brazilian shows?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
adman2374
Rocker

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2008, 02:51:32 PM »

And if it turns out that GN'R won't play this festival, it'll be "Axl canceled".  Roll Eyes

/jarmo

What are you talking about? Tom said he "offerred" it to gnr. He didnt say they are confirmed. Don't start that with the confirmed gigs. Remember the south african gig that they confirmed several times? I think it was the My Coke festival or something....
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2008, 03:03:56 PM »

/jarmo

What are you talking about? Tom said he "offerred" it to gnr. He didnt say they are confirmed. Don't start that with the confirmed gigs. Remember the south african gig that they confirmed several times? I think it was the My Coke festival or something....
You need to re-read what Jarmo wrote.

Jarmo didn't say this show was confirmed.

He only pointed out how promoters often spread the news that they've offered GN'R a chance to play and then nothing happens!

It's like blackmail.  You make sure people know the artist has been offered the gig and hope they accept because the news is already out.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2008, 03:06:53 PM »

Exactly my point Gypsy.  ok

I bet GN'R gets a lot of offers from promoters and festivals.

Not all of them make announcements about it though.

Not until the contract is signed.

Edit: Here are some examples:
http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=46702.0
http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=44468.0

/jarmo
« Last Edit: October 29, 2008, 03:14:43 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
adman2374
Rocker

« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2008, 03:07:46 PM »

/jarmo

You need to re-read what Jarmo wrote.

Jarmo didn't say this show was confirmed.

He only pointed out how promoters often spread the news that they've offered GN'R a chance to play and then nothing happens!

It's like blackmail.  You make sure people know the artist has been offered the gig and hope they accept because the news is already out.

I got ya. I understand what you are saying. I just don't agree with his history about the scheduling of gnr gigs and the promoters blaming axl for cancelling. I don't want to go into it, but as far as cancelling scheduled gnr gigs.....anyway....
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2008, 03:49:19 PM »

Don't start that with the confirmed gigs. Remember the south african gig that they confirmed several times? I think it was the My Coke festival or something....
This show was cancelled at the last minute ONLY because Tommy had an altercation with a set of stairs and the stairs won.  If I remember correctly, Tommy ended up with a fractured wrist.

I got ya. I understand what you are saying. I just don't agree with his history about the scheduling of gnr gigs and the promoters blaming axl for cancelling. I don't want to go into it, but as far as cancelling scheduled gnr gigs.....anyway....
Two really good examples of what Jarmo is saying about the bullshit some promoters pull were the FAKE Georgia (USA) and Hungary (Euro) shows.  These scam artists even went as far as to putting up advertising posters and even sell tickets to shows that were NEVER SCHEDULED!!!

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
adman2374
Rocker

« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2008, 04:16:10 PM »

Don't start that with the confirmed gigs. Remember the south african gig that they confirmed several times? I think it was the My Coke festival or something....
This show was cancelled at the last minute ONLY because Tommy had an altercation with a set of stairs and the stairs won.  If I remember correctly, Tommy ended up with a fractured wrist.

Two really good examples of what Jarmo is saying about the bullshit some promoters pull were the FAKE Georgia (USA) and Hungary (Euro) shows.  These scam artists even went as far as to putting up advertising posters and even sell tickets to shows that were NEVER SCHEDULED!!!

That is not true about Tommy's injury. He got hurt way before the My Coke shows and they came out and still said they were gonna do those shows. They postponed the Japan dates only at the time. here's the PR: Guns N' Roses have announced that they are postponing the start of their world tour which was due to start in Japan.

The Japanese concerts are being rescheduled. Guns N' Roses will be able to make their two scheduled performances headlining the MyCoke festivals in South Africa at the end of the month.

"I feel so bad right now,? explains bassist Tommy Stinson. ?I accidentally fell down a flight of stairs. I put my hand down to break my fall and heard a loud ?pop.' The next morning my hand looked like a balloon. I went to see my doctor and while the good news is that it?s not broken, the bad is news is it?s severely sprained and I may have done some ligament damage. We had our last rehearsal a few days ago and shipped the gear to Japan and then this happened. I feel horrible.
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2008, 04:19:31 PM »

there was a concert in 2003/04 I think when someone from Hungary was selling tickets to an imaginary show...
the guy ended up arrested.

you should start doubting a show.... when a guy is selling tickets at a parking lot Cheesy

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: