Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 07:43:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227834 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Chinese Democracy (Album) - Charting
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 113 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chinese Democracy (Album) - Charting  (Read 431279 times)
BangoSkank
Rocker

"i'm gonna put my evil inside you!"

« Reply #1460 on: January 12, 2009, 06:24:48 PM »

It's time to do something.

We gotta keep the album hanging around the charts before the tour.  I know January is a bad time for businesses, but I would hate to see CD drop off the map.

Must be a pride thing.  I'm overcompensating for my small penis.

Should we all buy it again or something?  Or should Axl just release a video for "Better"... I'm actually for doing both.

who will be the last to die for a mistake?
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1461 on: January 12, 2009, 06:28:26 PM »

Yeah I was willing to accept the album just hovering around the top 30, but a dropoff that drastic is not a good sign.  My selfishness would say to do SOMETHING and do it SOON.  Release that "Better" video, another single with a video, do a few interviews, band appearances.  This album is far too good to just let it fade away into obscurity.

I realize these are only projections, and it's only one week, and it's far from the end, but an album this good shouldn't slip that far down the charts 7 weeks later.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1462 on: January 12, 2009, 06:32:22 PM »

Here is a way to stay positive. Think of CD in two waves.

First wave was recouping all the recording costs by doing the Best Buy Deal. With this deal, u go gold and get the album out which is the most important thing. Axl will never have as much pressure releasing future albums as he did this one, so getting the huge CD monkey off his back will bode well for the future.

Second Wave is when the Best Buy Deal expires. They can relaunch CD with a new booklet, maybe add a song or two, release a new single/video and announce a tour. That will reignite sales of the album and push it way over platinum.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1463 on: January 12, 2009, 06:40:36 PM »

That's true D, but isn't the Best Buy exclusive for 6 months or so supposedly?  I think something would need to be done between now and then.  The album was treading water, but a drop out of the top 50 would appear to show signs of sinking.  You'd think Best Buy would want to maximize on its investment while they can.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1464 on: January 12, 2009, 07:09:16 PM »

music is weird though. I've seen all sorts of instances where albums are left for dead only to be brought back.

Most recently was Pink. She had an album with two really unsuccessful singles and it seemed left for dead. She re-released it with 2 new songs I think it was and it ended up taking off.

same with Kid Rock a while back. his album was dead and he released "Picture" with Sheryl Crow and it came back from nowhere, same with Rock N Roll Jesus and All Summer Long.

The Country group Sugarland had their CD jump back into the top 10 and stayed there a long time and it had been out over a year and a half.

so it can still be successful.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #1465 on: January 12, 2009, 08:48:48 PM »

With 54% of sales in, the album is still not in the top 50.  Just as a frame of reference, the #50 album as of now has just over 4K albums sold.  So, I don't know what Chinese Democracy will top out at, 5K?

Something needs to be done ASAP to pick up sales, I think.  The odd thing is that although it isn't moving rapidly up the charts, "Better" is continuing to get more and more spins and is closing in on the top 10 as far as Mainstream Rock airplay.  It stands at #14 right now, just behind Metallica's "Cyanide", which is following a very similar path up the charts as "Better".  So, "Better" is slowly making some headway there.  It's not like a complete and utter lack of response to the song, but somehow that doesn't seem to be translating to album sales.

Ali
ecwfan
Rocker

« Reply #1466 on: January 12, 2009, 10:55:43 PM »

Sales for Jan. will be really low all the the way around. I expect in Feb. you'll see a sales bump as people feel like spending after the Jan. time catching up bills.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #1467 on: January 13, 2009, 08:23:21 AM »

With 54% of sales in, the album is still not in the top 50.  Just as a frame of reference, the #50 album as of now has just over 4K albums sold.  So, I don't know what Chinese Democracy will top out at, 5K?

Something needs to be done ASAP to pick up sales, I think.  The odd thing is that although it isn't moving rapidly up the charts, "Better" is continuing to get more and more spins and is closing in on the top 10 as far as Mainstream Rock airplay.  It stands at #14 right now, just behind Metallica's "Cyanide", which is following a very similar path up the charts as "Better".  So, "Better" is slowly making some headway there.  It's not like a complete and utter lack of response to the song, but somehow that doesn't seem to be translating to album sales.

Ali

See, here's my question:

What does "with 54% of sales reported" mean?  Does that mean 54% of sales from EVERY outlet have been reported? Or does that mean, of projected sales, 54% have been reported so far, which comprises the total sales of THESE specific outlets.  For example: Walmart, Amazon, Target, and FYE have reported their sales so far (which comprises 54% of total projected sales), but Circuit City, Best Buy, and Virgin have not?

If it's the first...not a good sign, I agree.  At least not for sales.

If it's the second, and we don't know if BB has reported yet....wouldn't CD just suddenly APPEAR once BB HAS reported?
« Last Edit: January 13, 2009, 09:57:09 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Layflats
Headliner

I'm not an idiot.

« Reply #1468 on: January 13, 2009, 08:28:54 AM »

Ballads sell albums more than rock songs, usually.  Could be holding out on releasing those songs for a later push?

Chicago 11/15/11
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1469 on: January 13, 2009, 10:44:02 AM »

One dip in sales isn't the end of the world.

Look at the options they can still explore in terms of promotion for the album:

- Video(s)
- Additional single(s)
- Interview(s)
- Show(s)/Tour
- Re-release

Any of these will promote the album.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Jdog0830
Legend

Rocking and Rolling because I am young and free!!!

« Reply #1470 on: January 13, 2009, 10:51:11 AM »

- Video(s)
- Additional single(s)
- Interview(s)
- Show(s)/Tour
- Re-release

/jarmo
So true man there are still so many windows of oppertunity for CD to use i mean its a little to early to tell though where they will go first besides the music vid

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59678.0

Just keep on moving on don't turn around or you'll lose it all
Ali
Legend

« Reply #1471 on: January 13, 2009, 11:40:27 AM »

Ali

See, here's my question:

What does "with 54% of sales reported" mean?  Does that mean 54% of sales from EVERY outlet have been reported? Or does that mean, of projected sales, 54% have been reported so far, which comprises the total sales of THESE specific outlets.  For example: Walmart, Amazon, Target, and FYE have reported their sales so far (which comprises 54% of total projected sales), but Circuit City, Best Buy, and Virgin have not?

If it's the first...not a good sign, I agree.  At least not for sales.

If it's the second, and we don't know if BB has reported yet....wouldn't CD just suddenly APPEAR once BB HAS reported?

It is the first point.  In looking at these building charts for a few weeks now, that has become evident.

Hopefully, something will happen in response soon.

Ali
adman2374
Rocker

« Reply #1472 on: January 13, 2009, 01:19:49 PM »

- Video(s)
- Additional single(s)
- Interview(s)
- Show(s)/Tour
- Re-release

/jarmo

The model today is bands tour to promote albums. They need to tour to move this further along. I really hope they hit the road. Once people hear the songs live, they will have no choice but to buy "Chinese."
Jdog0830
Legend

Rocking and Rolling because I am young and free!!!

« Reply #1473 on: January 13, 2009, 02:19:36 PM »

- Video(s)
- Additional single(s)
- Interview(s)
- Show(s)/Tour
- Re-release

/jarmo

The model today is bands tour to promote albums. They need to tour to move this further along. I really hope they hit the road. Once people hear the songs live, they will have no choice but to buy "Chinese."
i agree with u on that without a doubt when CD comes live theres goin to be a hord of people wanting the album

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59678.0

Just keep on moving on don't turn around or you'll lose it all
axljungle
Rocker

« Reply #1474 on: January 13, 2009, 02:20:26 PM »

- Video(s)
- Additional single(s)
- Interview(s)
- Show(s)/Tour
- Re-release

/jarmo

And Axl said that they trying to repair the booklet problem, and they have another cover for CD, I hope they re-release the album with a new booklet and cover, I'll buy another copy, I want to see the "how are you granade cover"

LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #1475 on: January 13, 2009, 03:13:30 PM »

And Axl said that they trying to repair the booklet problem, and they have another cover for CD, I hope they re-release the album with a new booklet and cover, I'll buy another copy, I want to see the "how are you granade cover"

I love GNR but I'm not sure I want to buy this again just for a new cover and booklet.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
JuicySwoos
VIP

Thatwhy

« Reply #1476 on: January 13, 2009, 06:56:03 PM »

it ended up at #42, so at least it made it into the top 50. 11k and change sold
« Last Edit: January 13, 2009, 06:58:15 PM by JuicySwoos » Logged

2002- Minneapolis, MN
2006- Ames, IA
2006- Minneapolis, MN
2011- Minneapolis, MN
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Chicago, IL
2017- Minnea
Ali
Legend

« Reply #1477 on: January 13, 2009, 07:14:48 PM »

it ended up at #42, so at least it made it into the top 50. 11k and change sold

Yeah, it ended up better than the picture painted initially.  11,440 sold according to HDD.

Ali
Skunk
Rocker

« Reply #1478 on: January 13, 2009, 10:35:56 PM »

I love GNR but I'm not sure I want to buy this again just for a new cover and booklet.

I'm positive that I do.   Grin
ecwfan
Rocker

« Reply #1479 on: January 14, 2009, 03:07:52 AM »

And I'm betting with Jan. music numbers the entire chart is down. So its still sticking aroud weeks later with just radio supporting it.
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 113 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: