Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 11:02:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227830 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Chinese Democracy (Album) - Charting
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 113 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chinese Democracy (Album) - Charting  (Read 431273 times)
axl2
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1540 on: January 28, 2009, 04:00:21 PM »

He is the lead guitarist. He drives the down beat in the band, cuts through the mix loudest and takes care of a lot of the solos.

www.bluejayfever.com

Blue Jays Site/Forum...Need Some Members For This Board. We Plan To Make It The Best Jays Site Online.
audjon
Rocker

It's a bit cold here...

« Reply #1541 on: January 28, 2009, 04:03:55 PM »

I have nothing against Finck, love his work on CD, however the image of Bucket, Bumble and Fortus together on stage just makes every guitar loving mf wet his pants drool

Gle?i, gle?i, gle?i
Au?j?n
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1542 on: January 28, 2009, 04:07:34 PM »

gnr drop from the list (hitsdailydouble.com)
A little more info needed
Not looking good

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1603665/20090128/swift__taylor.jhtml

Meanwhile, the missile-like descent of Guns N' Roses' Chinese Democracy continues unabated, as the once eagerly awaited album will plunge nearly 25 spots to #75 on sales of 7,200 for a two-month total of just over half a million copies.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
badobsession_r21
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #1543 on: January 28, 2009, 06:06:55 PM »

usa is not the whole world.

#21 in the world

http://www.mediatraffic.de/albums.htm

athens 24-5-1993
dublin 9-6-2006
athens 10-7-2006
rome 4-9-2010
arnhem 3-10-2010
sofia 8-7-2012
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1544 on: January 28, 2009, 07:17:04 PM »

#21 in the world

I'll be the first to admit that the charts in America are embarassing to look at quality wise.  But it was holding on for awhile, it's in freefall stage now.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #1545 on: January 29, 2009, 04:04:34 AM »

#21 in the world

I'll be the first to admit that the charts in America are embarassing to look at quality wise.  But it was holding on for awhile, it's in freefall stage now.

It'll be back.

Isn't this time of year generally pretty lame for record sales?
« Last Edit: January 29, 2009, 05:23:29 AM by erose » Logged

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
badobsession_r21
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #1546 on: January 29, 2009, 04:56:00 AM »

looking at the american charts, i think hip hop, rn' b, teen pop and country and western (taylor swift is #1 for weeks and weeks) are much more popular in the states than rock music. there is some rock music that can be successful in the states, but mostly simpler and easier albums like kid rock's, nickelback's and ac/dc's. dont get me wrong, i like ac/dc, they do what they do and its good for what it is, but cd is much more complicated and not so radio friendly (except maybe a couple of songs like this i love, or catcher in the rye). chinese democracy is not a commercial album meant to sell tons , its a great, interesting, emotional and intelligent album, full of ideas and great musicianship. if people appreciate it massively, then thats good. if not, Axl doesnt seem to care so much about that. i believe that cd will continue to sell for years and years, because its so good that eventually it will be classic . but lets face it, in the US , its the commercial flop of the year.

athens 24-5-1993
dublin 9-6-2006
athens 10-7-2006
rome 4-9-2010
arnhem 3-10-2010
sofia 8-7-2012
variant
Headliner

« Reply #1547 on: January 29, 2009, 06:47:23 AM »

but cd is much more complicated and not so radio friendly (except maybe a couple of songs like this i love, or catcher in the rye)

you think cather is radio friendly? i don't see that at all. i think the most radio friendly rock song on the album is IRS*.

I'm not making any comments about the tour till after Monday 02/02/09...hows that for cryptic...?

*but what do i know? i've just spilt hot soup on my crotch  Shocked
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1548 on: January 29, 2009, 10:29:38 AM »

Yes.

A majority of the albums in the Top 50 Albums chart sold less this week compared to last.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #1549 on: January 29, 2009, 10:34:22 AM »

It'll be back.

Yes, but the album isn't selling well compared to other artists either.  #75 ain't too great.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

Too many times to make it home.

« Reply #1550 on: January 29, 2009, 10:37:11 AM »

It'll be back.

Yes, but the album isn't selling well compared to other artists either.  #75 ain't too great.

The others have not been on the scene for 25 years though. Or have they?

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
overmatik
« Reply #1551 on: January 29, 2009, 11:50:26 AM »

I don't get it, every week is a different excuse...

Don't get me wrong, but the truth is undeniable, CD has sold what an Axl Rose solo album would have sold, it wasn't an amazing hit, but it sold what it was supposed to.

People who thought that CD would be 10X platinum was fooling themselves. I was expecting something around 750k and 1.5 mi in the first year, with or without a tour.

In the colective conscience this is an AXl ROSE solo record, period.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #1552 on: January 29, 2009, 11:52:34 AM »

axi rose rules.
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #1553 on: January 29, 2009, 12:08:14 PM »

It'll be back.

The others have not been on the scene for 25 years though. Or have they?

peace

I don't follow.  What does that have to do with anything?  Huh

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
dimitrisaxl
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1554 on: January 29, 2009, 12:09:27 PM »

Don't get me wrong, but the truth is undeniable, CD has sold what an Axl Rose solo album would have sold, it wasn't an amazing hit, but it sold what it was supposed to.

People who thought that CD would be 10X platinum was fooling themselves. I was expecting something around 750k and 1.5 mi in the first year, with or without a tour.

Other people who have thoughts about CD sales were fools, according to you. But when YOU have thoughts about CD sales (CD sales=Axl solo album sales), this ain't fool ofcourse... Right?
marknroses
VIP

"Ain't It Fun"

« Reply #1555 on: January 29, 2009, 12:11:03 PM »

Absolutely.
I love the new album, but HTGTH is a totally different galaxy from the entire GNR universe, or whatever was left of it from the hey-day of 1987-1993. It would be nice for the public to get into it and vindicate Axl in the court of public opinion, but so far that is not the case. Fans have to understand that if this album does not pick up sales then, Axl would have to resort releasing future albums exclusively on the band's website. At this point, the die hard fans have bought the album and there's no one else out there getting into it, which should have been the case if GNR really cared about spreading the music and image out to people.

I always said that multi-platinium sales would confirm this album as a commercial success but no more than 2x. At 3x, you are already closer to the level of the Greatest Hits album (4x), which typified the multi-platinum status of the heyday GNR at 18x for AFD and a combined 14-16x for UYI and 5x for Lies, which took one night to record half the album. If this album only goes 1x, that will be frowned upon for year - not to mention that a lack of a tour could jeopardize the band's future with these players preferring to play club gigs than wait on Axl to go out and make things happen, like he used to do.

Until the new GNR and Axl decide to step up their promotional efforts, this will continue to be the case. But if this album serves as a closure, then we've all won the batter of patience.

MNR

"I guess I like who I am now. I'd like to have a little more internal peace...I'm sure everybody would" (Axl Rose R.S. 4/1992)
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #1556 on: January 29, 2009, 12:17:09 PM »

Absolutely.
I love the new album, but HTGTH is a totally different galaxy from the entire GNR universe, or whatever was left of it from the hey-day of 1987-1993. It would be nice for the public to get into it and vindicate Axl in the court of public opinion, but so far that is not the case. Fans have to understand that if this album does not pick up sales then, Axl would have to resort releasing future albums exclusively on the band's website. At this point, the die hard fans have bought the album and there's no one else out there getting into it, which should have been the case if GNR really cared about spreading the music and image out to people.

I always said that multi-platinium sales would confirm this album as a commercial success but no more than 2x. At 3x, you are already closer to the level of the Greatest Hits album (4x), which typified the multi-platinum status of the heyday GNR at 18x for AFD and a combined 14-16x for UYI and 5x for Lies, which took one night to record half the album. If this album only goes 1x, that will be frowned upon for year - not to mention that a lack of a tour could jeopardize the band's future with these players preferring to play club gigs than wait on Axl to go out and make things happen, like he used to do.

Until the new GNR and Axl decide to step up their promotional efforts, this will continue to be the case. But if this album serves as a closure, then we've all won the batter of patience.

MNR

You simply cannot compare sales figures from different eras.  Even those from earlier this decade.  You just can't.  Completely different landscapes now.

Ali
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1557 on: January 29, 2009, 12:21:39 PM »

You simply cannot compare sales figures from different eras.  Even those from earlier this decade.  You just can't.  Completely different landscapes now.

Ali

He just did to prove his "point".

By the way, Appetite For Destruction didn't go multi-platinum in its first two months out.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1558 on: January 29, 2009, 12:27:15 PM »

Ali

He just did to prove his "point".

By the way, Appetite For Destruction didn't go multi-platinum in its first two months out.

/jarmo

i don't think AFD went platinum untill it had been out over a year - then shit hit the fan when SCOM video came out - and all of a sudden GnR were enormous
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1559 on: January 29, 2009, 12:32:10 PM »

It's all irrelevant.  With Axl it's not about the money.  He gave SCOM to The Wrestler for free. 

Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 113 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: