Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 04:27:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227785 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Chinese Democracy (Album) - Charting
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 113 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chinese Democracy (Album) - Charting  (Read 430343 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1700 on: February 10, 2009, 12:35:44 AM »

U think if Axl Rose calls Jay Leno, he wouldn't clear the night to have him on?

If that happened, I would hope so. Certainly a more interesting guest than most on that show.  hihi

But you still don't see the thing?

Axl should be out there doing promotion work with no help from the label (who's putting the album out)?

Isn't that kinda weird? Since they do have a label...

Are you really thinking that's a great promotional campaign or are you just saying it because you want to see Axl talk to Jay Leno?

/jarmo

Yeah I'd love to hear him talk but I was just pointing out that even with the label being shitty, aren't there still some things he could do on his own that doesn't require the label?

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1701 on: February 10, 2009, 12:51:43 AM »

Yeah I'd love to hear him talk but I was just pointing out that even with the label being shitty, aren't there still some things he could do on his own that doesn't require the label?

I think he's proved that in the past and even quite recently.

So yeah, he probably could do interviews without the help of the label.

Now, before you start getting excited and say "why isn't he doing it then?", think about it...

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #1702 on: February 10, 2009, 12:58:45 AM »

But since GN'R has a record company (sort of).... The artist delivers the music to the record company and it turns into a product.

Now, it's mostly up to the record company to make money on the product.

That's usually done by having some kind of promotion for it so the public is aware of it.

Why couldn't Axl do everything on his own? That's something the two of you keep asking time after time too.

So you basically think it's a great way to promote an album by having them out there on their own without the backing of the record company?

The same record company who has no plan for the album....

I don't think are as simple as you might want them to be.

For example, even though you might not think people are doing their job properly, they still might get pissed off if you start going over their heads. So you just have to keep dealing with them.

You keep telling me things arent possible or as easy because they dont have the proper backing of the record company. And your right to an extent. But Axl knew this going in did he not? A clear warning sign was when the label stopped funding the production of the actual album. Axl also stated that he was unsure of the labels role/intentions over the years.

So with that being said, why leave it up to the label to promote something you worked so hard on when your not sure if they have your back?

It's pretty obvious that the main focus was to get through all the shit and actually get the album out.

That alone is a feat in itself.

Its been said Axl wasnt in the studio every single night throughout the years. He had well over 9 years to think about a comeback plan/ sort out whatever needed to be sorted out while also being able to be a musician.

While all the bullshit and lawsuits were unfortunate, its not something many feel bad for because in the end he helped create the mess by keeping the band name, etc. So one can argue while it might have been a feat to finally get the album out, ultimately his decisions helped create those obstacles. So how much credit can you give someone when they helped create the mess?

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #1703 on: February 10, 2009, 01:05:48 AM »

I can agree with that Jarmo for the most part, but it seems with Axl's status and the mystique factor of being gone so long, he could've arranged a bunch of different things with just a decent publicist.

U think if Axl Rose calls Jay Leno, he wouldn't clear the night to have him on? or the Today Show wouldn't have GNR on to perform or RS or someone wouldn't put him on the cover with a huge feature?

U need the label for sure for videos and money for TV ads and mag ads etc.

The label isn't needed for a press tour of radio and TV though.

I would prefer Axl stay away from doing corny shit like appearing on Leno and performing on Today show.  I think that stuff is lame as hell
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #1704 on: February 10, 2009, 01:20:43 AM »

I would prefer Axl stay away from doing corny shit like appearing on Leno and performing on Today show.  I think that stuff is lame as hell

Yeah that would really suck letting people hear the new music...

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #1705 on: February 10, 2009, 01:41:47 AM »

Yeah that would really suck letting people hear the new music...

There are other ways to let people hear new music than going through those venues
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #1706 on: February 10, 2009, 03:03:42 AM »

i want i want i want i want i want

I want what i want and i want it now.      I don't give a shit about what the artists themselves want, and I know everything because I can speculate my ass off and jump to conclusions... because I feel like it and Axl Rose doesn't do everything I want him to do the way I want him to do it.         
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #1707 on: February 10, 2009, 03:16:35 AM »

My comment was sarcasm. Cause i agree its not up to me, or anyone , who is not directly involved. But you know me jim bob! Smiley

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #1708 on: February 10, 2009, 11:10:45 AM »

As an Axl Poser, as someone so politely pointed out to me, I'll say thank god Axl isn't whoring himself out over this, doing every interview available etc. acting desperate for something he nor us need anyway. It's just not worth it.

Remember what VR did before releasing contraband? They sold themselves like crack junkies on skid row. The first big interview was great and they did sell a few more records I'm sure, but they also created, intentionally or not, a fuckin' mess witch back fired tremendously. Burning bridges like motherfuckers only to end up looking like fools with no where to go.

Now if they did all these interviews because they wanted to and only talked about VR it would be cool, but they didn't. It was really obvious that it was a drag. They didn't do one interview without talking about Axl and GN'R. Must have felt really great for them. I'm not blaming them for being asked those questions, but they could have refused to answer. I'm sure whores find a good fuck enjoyable too sometimes, but not if they really didn't want to fuck in the first place.

Same thing with Axl and GN'R. They're going to be asked the same stupid fuckin' questions over and over, the answers are going to be twisted and they'll end up feeling butt fucked. Unlike i.e. Slash, Axl learned at some point that people in the press can not be trusted so he basically said fuck'em and decided to stick with the original idea of letting the music speak for itself. Now thats real.

I can totally dig an Axl interview, there's actually few things I enjoy more to read, but it's like being fed burgers every fuckin' day. At some point good turns to shit and you sit there with a lousy feeling basically wanting to hang your self. I got that feeling with VR...

These treads are pretty much driven by greed. The fans' never ending scream for more. What do you want? More pics, more promo, spin offs etc. Fuck that shit.

Let me ask you one thing: Isn't it really fuckin' cool to see Axl doing exactly what he wants, EVEN in these times with the record out and all? To me thats just what makes GN'R superior to all other musical phenomenon.

The record is doing great on a world wide and it'll do a lot better when the tour starts.

Where's the love and respect?

You've missed the point badly. We are supporting GNR. We want hem to be the biggest band in the world again. We want this for Axl as much as ourselves.

I beg to doffer.

You say you support GN'R yet you talk about what YOU want. To me that basically supporting your own needs. What if Axl doesn't want to be the biggest band in the world like you talk about.

I wouldn't mind GN'R being the biggest band in the world sales wise, but not if it means that the band have to do lots of shit they don't want to do just to get there.

To me GN'R is the biggest band in the world and right now I'm fuckin' excited about a certain record that I've waited for for a while. I'm also quite excited about what Axl said during the online thing and of course the billboard exclusive. Hopefully we'll be able to see them live again some time soon as well and if everything turns out good there's a fair chance we'll see another record. I think there's a good chance GN'R will grow on all this and I'm really excited about it all. You're obviously not. To me thats weird.

Supporting Axl and yourself isn't necessarily the same thing.

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1709 on: February 10, 2009, 11:20:54 AM »

So with that being said, why leave it up to the label to promote something you worked so hard on when your not sure if they have your back?

Because it's actually their job?

Its been said Axl wasnt in the studio every single night throughout the years. He had well over 9 years to think about a comeback plan/ sort out whatever needed to be sorted out while also being able to be a musician.

And you all know this so well because?

Did you ever think that in order to resolve many of the issues, he would have to deal with the same uninterested record company?

Did it ever cross your mind that it's just not up to Axl to resolve everything? Maybe there's another part in the whole thing. Like a record company.

I'm sure he has ideas about promotion, but certain ones do require some assistance from the record company.

Edited to add: AdZ pointed it out for you in the post below this....

While all the bullshit and lawsuits were unfortunate, its not something many feel bad for because in the end he helped create the mess by keeping the band name, etc. So one can argue while it might have been a feat to finally get the album out, ultimately his decisions helped create those obstacles. So how much credit can you give someone when they helped create the mess?

He created "the mess" because he fought for something that he didn't think should just die?

How much can you credit someone? A lot.

They got through it didn't they?

/jarmo
« Last Edit: February 10, 2009, 11:30:14 AM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #1710 on: February 10, 2009, 11:27:42 AM »

Quote from: Axl
Our approach, for better or worse, has always been to work the record over the course of the following tour cycles, with attempts to forge new or better and hopefully redefined relationships with the different forms of media that may be interested along the way.
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #1711 on: February 10, 2009, 11:33:25 AM »

Just speculating on my part... but I think some us have been led astray through the years thinking that Axl's goal was to make a huge triumphant comeback and prove everyone wrong and be the biggest rock star in the world again, etc. In reality, it's becoming clear IMHO that Axl's goal was actually to make the music he wanted to make on his own terms and with FULL CONTROL over his life.... fame and notoriety be damned.

If it is the latter instead of the former... then it would appear he has succeeded beyond even his wildest dreams as his completely unpromoted album has received many rave reviews and gone platinum (shifted Gold +) in the US and in the meantime he exercises seemingly 100% control over who he talks to and when. Nicely done. peace

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #1712 on: February 10, 2009, 11:45:12 AM »

like a lot of fans I don't really understand why Axl can't do what Slash has done for his book ? He didn't need his editor to do all these TV shows etc.
if Slash can do it Axl can probably do it too...

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
falungong69
Rocker

« Reply #1713 on: February 10, 2009, 12:21:54 PM »

like a lot of fans I don't really understand why Axl can't do what Slash has done for his book ? He didn't need his editor to do all these TV shows etc.

i know you worship your god slash even though he's been a dick to axl for years, but you have to remember that axl and slash are different people.  they have different feelings about shit. slash likes to whore himself out to the media and show up at big events and do promotional campaigns... axl likes to focus on making inspiring and amazing music. simple as that.

but i am curious why the rest of the band couldn't have gone on leno or something.  maybe get bbf, pitman and tommy to make a joint appearance and talk about the amazing process of recording and stuff.  it would be a chance for the new band to get out there and prove to the world who the REAL gnr is.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #1714 on: February 10, 2009, 12:29:55 PM »

you probably aren't meant to understand.    stop comparing Axl to other irrelevant people, he's his own person.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #1715 on: February 10, 2009, 12:46:21 PM »

Because it's actually their job?
I understand. But if Axl knew or had a reason to believethey were being dicks then I would think he would have started that process well before the release.

ADZ quote of Axl kind of answers my question. So Ill assume Axl did in fact start that process before hand. So Ill give him the benefit of the doubt...

He created "the mess" because he fought for something that he didn't think should just die?

How much can you credit someone? A lot.

They got through it didn't they?
ANd I admire Axl for sticking to his guns and happy to see him finally be able to release some music. But at the same time you have to consider that while he gets credit, he also has to take blame when things don go well.

Like I said, GNR is all Axl....from ownership on down. Its his "organization"not the record company Fair or unfair, but thats what happens when you are the owner, gm, manager, and player

but i am curious why the rest of the band couldn't have gone on leno or something.  maybe get bbf, pitman and tommy to make a joint appearance and talk about the amazing process of recording and stuff.  it would be a chance for the new band to get out there and prove to the world who the REAL gnr is.
i actually agree with you. I guess either the record comany is to blame or leno/letterman/etc have been unfair to the band over the years so the relationship needs to be fixed before appearing on that show.

i know you worship your god slash even though he's been a dick to axl for years, but you have to remember that axl and slash are different people.  they have different feelings about shit. slash likes to whore himself out to the media and show up at big events and do promotional campaigns... axl likes to focus on making inspiring and amazing music. simple as that.
I dont undertsand how promoting your band/album in magazines and playing on late night tv is whoring yourself out. If you want to say Slash whores himself out when there isnt an album out, fine your right. But just because Slash or any band promotes a new album doesnt mean there whoring themselves out.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1716 on: February 10, 2009, 12:52:32 PM »

ADZ quote of Axl kind of answers my question.

That's so shocking.

Another question already answered and ignored!

Like I said, GNR is all Axl....from ownership on down. Its his "organization"not the record company Fair or unfair, but thats what happens when you are the owner, gm, manager, and player

I think that's your idea of how things work.

The band has a management company, a record company, probably people who deal with tours etc etc.

But you think Axl does it all by himself...

/jarmo

IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

Out of the shadows, into...Hell?

« Reply #1717 on: February 10, 2009, 01:58:50 PM »

"...on the sixth day Axl created Chinese Democracy, and it was good, so on the seventh day he rested..."  hihi

If Chuck Norris can do it, Axl can do it twice as long, and 4 times better.  rofl

"I have no comment, for the record, but don't quote me on that"
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1718 on: February 10, 2009, 02:08:35 PM »

ADZ quote of Axl kind of answers my question.

That's so shocking.

Another question already answered and ignored!

I think that's your idea of how things work.

The band has a management company, a record company, probably people who deal with tours etc etc.

/jarmo

All though I generally agree with you Jarmo, Axl DOES have the final say.  Perhaps he should kick up a little more dust, gaining public and media support, when things such as promotion dont go his way...
H76
Headliner

Human Being

« Reply #1719 on: February 10, 2009, 02:31:04 PM »

"...on the sixth day Axl created Chinese Democracy, and it was good, so on the seventh day he rested..."  hihi

If Chuck Norris can do it, Axl can do it twice as long, and 4 times better.  rofl

But we must not forget that when it comes to weather, that's Oprah's doing..  rofl

For what I can remember from my earlier visits to GNR fan sites there was one demand for Axl to save whole rock n roll industry ..all on his own...  confused
« Last Edit: February 10, 2009, 02:32:53 PM by H76 » Logged

Begin to see yourself as a soul with a body rather than a body with a soul. ~ Wayne Dyer ~
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 113 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: