Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 12:05:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227805 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Chinese Democracy (Album) - Charting
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chinese Democracy (Album) - Charting  (Read 430731 times)
reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #2240 on: October 25, 2010, 04:17:19 PM »

I'm not sure if anyone can tell me this but has Chinese Democracy been selling more as a result of the tour? What is the worldwide sales figures these days? Blabbermouth always quotes that it sold less than one million copies in the U.S. (according to Nielsen SoundScan). Is this true? Apparently contraband sold over 2.9 million copies in the United States! Please tell me this is not correct.
BlackAces
Headliner

« Reply #2241 on: October 25, 2010, 04:35:37 PM »

Well, I don`t have any figures but I strongly think the CD Tour has hugely boosted CD record sales.
As a fact I can tell you that in Finland Chinese Democracy has been in selling well in iTunes store. It is currently the 10th best selling rock album  on their list (the bestselling 200 are listed), and has been in top 35 or better for at least many months now.

The tour boosts record sales, of course. But it is just a part of it. The most important thing is....it is just a fucking great music album, which was initially vastly underrated.
John
Rocker

...Gone To Hell

« Reply #2242 on: October 26, 2010, 03:56:42 AM »

The tour boosts record sales, of course. But it is just a part of it. The most important thing is....it is just a fucking great music album, which was initially vastly underrated.

I'm not so sure about underrated, the reality is much more worrying. It was largely ignored. And that's a shame, because its a fantastic work.

We know there was little promotion for whatever reason (Azoff?), and thats the vibes I'm getting from people attending the shows.

When I ask people if theyve heard it, the main responses I get are "no" and "I heard a song once".

People need to be told something is good, before they reach out and grab it.

Leeds Festival - 29/08/10, Birmingham - 17/10/10, Manchester - 18/10/10, Liverpool - 20/05/12, Manchester 29/05/12
reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #2243 on: October 26, 2010, 07:01:23 AM »

I'm not so sure about underrated, the reality is much more worrying. It was largely ignored. And that's a shame, because its a fantastic work.

We know there was little promotion for whatever reason (Azoff?), and thats the vibes I'm getting from people attending the shows.

When I ask people if theyve heard it, the main responses I get are "no" and "I heard a song once".

People need to be told something is good, before they reach out and grab it.
yes, i was amazed how few many people seemed to know the new stuff at recent gigs. you'd think those willing to shell out 55 pounds for a ticket would have bought the album. i'm not sure about the lack of promotion theory, i mean the very nature of the album and the wait meant all rock fans knew it was released! in the uk it sold pretty well despite terrible reviews in every major magazine...but the usa sales i just cannot understand, under 1 million! really? i wonder whether a flash video and usa tour would make a difference? seems a bit late.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2010, 07:04:24 AM by reayj2003 » Logged
wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #2244 on: October 26, 2010, 01:10:49 PM »

In my view the band need to release fresh music as an album, no known working title, no plays until the album drops and backed up with video's. Then tell the world 3 weeks before the event that a new album is about to drop on xxx date. Maybe a few teasers that last 10 seconds or so on TV, without explanation so views are left to think WTF  Huh and then in the final 2 or 3 weeks let on the secret and prepare for the mass rush to buy... ok

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #2245 on: October 26, 2010, 01:21:39 PM »

Friends In Chile Actually, Buy ChinDem.

ok

pd. In WP Says, Disc Sales:

7 Millions
« Last Edit: October 26, 2010, 01:23:47 PM by HBK » Logged

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
highend88
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2246 on: October 27, 2010, 04:50:31 AM »

Friends In Chile Actually, Buy ChinDem.

ok

pd. In WP Says, Disc Sales:

7 Millions

HBK, where did you get the 7 mill figure? And also the 5mil that you mention few months ago?

I get up around seven
Get outta bed around nine
And I don't worry about nothin' no
'Cause worrin's a waste of my fuckin time
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: