Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 08:46:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227834 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Chinese Democracy (Album) - Charting
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 113 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chinese Democracy (Album) - Charting  (Read 431280 times)
bolton
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1480 on: January 14, 2009, 05:40:19 AM »

I don't know yours points.....

what masterplan,and who gives a shit about that......

after so many years,we have a new gnr record.....

this record is brilliant,and only important thing is it

who care about selling,and shit about that
The Prez
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1481 on: January 14, 2009, 07:08:12 AM »

I think we all care. Because it's not selling well we say 'we don't give a shit'.... but if the album would sell very good then we would react differently...we would then see it as a reference concerning the quality of the record.

There is a difference between the opinion of the majority and the thruth...
Jdog0830
Legend

Rocking and Rolling because I am young and free!!!

« Reply #1482 on: January 14, 2009, 08:54:41 AM »

I think we all care. Because it's not selling well we say 'we don't give a shit'.... but if the album would sell very good then we would react differently...we would then see it as a reference concerning the quality of the record.
No offence but thats honestly just retarted everyone i hope at least knows how great CD is
« Last Edit: January 14, 2009, 09:01:07 AM by Jdog0830 » Logged

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59678.0

Just keep on moving on don't turn around or you'll lose it all
italysfinest1985
Rocker

Riding on the night train...

« Reply #1483 on: January 14, 2009, 09:32:06 AM »

I think now would be a great time for Axl to drop the Better video and do that media promo he intentionally scheduled for later. It would be the needed stimulus for sure.  Wink

Guns N Roses Custom Reunion Trailer (Axl & Slash)
https://youtu.be/7NdNrNslYkU
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1484 on: January 14, 2009, 11:01:33 AM »

And I'm betting with Jan. music numbers the entire chart is down. So its still sticking aroud weeks later with just radio supporting it.

Yeah, people spent their money for the holidays....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #1485 on: January 14, 2009, 11:49:56 AM »

And I'm betting with Jan. music numbers the entire chart is down. So its still sticking aroud weeks later with just radio supporting it.

Yeah, people spent their money for the holidays....

/jarmo

It's not just that, though.  The US is facing the worst economic situation since The Great Depression.  Anyone who thinks that won't affect music and other retail sales is either incredibly dumb or incredibly naive.  Or both.

Ali
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1486 on: January 14, 2009, 12:05:12 PM »

RS.com:

If you thought last week?s sales were slow, check out these numbers. Taylor Swift sold 72,000 copies of Fearless ? 17,000 less than last week ? to take Number One. Nickelback?s Dark Horse jumped from five to Number Two, followed by Kanye West?s 808s & Heartbreak, Beyonc??s I Am ? Sasha Fierce and the Twilight soundtrack. Only three albums sold more than 50,000 copies, and the Number 10 disc, Akon?s Freedom didn?t crack 27,000. That, in a word, is bleak ? and might explain the closing of Virgin Megastore?s massive Times Square location.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Ali
Legend

« Reply #1487 on: January 14, 2009, 12:20:43 PM »

RS.com:

If you thought last week?s sales were slow, check out these numbers. Taylor Swift sold 72,000 copies of Fearless ? 17,000 less than last week ? to take Number One. Nickelback?s Dark Horse jumped from five to Number Two, followed by Kanye West?s 808s & Heartbreak, Beyonc??s I Am ? Sasha Fierce and the Twilight soundtrack. Only three albums sold more than 50,000 copies, and the Number 10 disc, Akon?s Freedom didn?t crack 27,000. That, in a word, is bleak ? and might explain the closing of Virgin Megastore?s massive Times Square location.

/jarmo

Yeah, every artist is being affected to varying degrees.  The industry as a whole is hurting, like every other industry right now.

Ali
gabble
Rocker

I-E-A-I-A-I-O

« Reply #1488 on: January 14, 2009, 12:58:52 PM »

The US is facing the worst economic situation since The Great Depression.  Anyone who thinks that won't affect music and other retail sales is either incredibly dumb or incredibly naive.  Or both.

Ali

That is completely absurd.  In the US, the stock market, for example, plummeted by about 90% during the Great Depression.  In the late 30s it plummeted about 50%.  In the 70s it dropped about 45%.  The US stock market has fallen by 40% or more about 10 times within the past 120 years.  The current state of the economy rides the bottom of that list.  Actually, it's been stuck in the upper 30% range.

(Sorry for the sidebar, Jarmo.)
adman2374
Rocker

« Reply #1489 on: January 14, 2009, 01:06:07 PM »

The US is facing the worst economic situation since The Great Depression.  Anyone who thinks that won't affect music and other retail sales is either incredibly dumb or incredibly naive.  Or both.

Ali

That is completely absurd.  In the US, the stock market, for example, plummeted by about 90% during the Great Depression.  In the late 30s it plummeted about 50%.  In the 70s it dropped about 45%.  The US stock market has fallen by 40% or more about 10 times within the past 120 years.  The current state of the economy rides the bottom of that list.  Actually, it's been stuck in the upper 30% range.

Absolutely correct, plus in down times, people look to escape and spend money on music, tv's, and movies, which they can get some fun from at a low price.....
Ali
Legend

« Reply #1490 on: January 14, 2009, 01:27:14 PM »

Ali

It's not just about the stock market plunge.  And, if you think this is the end of it, you may be in for a shock.

Retail in general is down.  All retail, including music.  Anyone who thinks it's a coincidence that sales reports are bleak at this time needs to wake up.

Ali
duga
VIP

If you're not a rock star - at least act like one

« Reply #1491 on: January 16, 2009, 04:04:44 AM »

UP to #9 this week  Smiley

Down to #16.

Greatest Hits went from #26 to #8!

Stockholm 2006, Oslo 2010, Maryland 2016, Stockholm 2017, Gothenburg 2018

Power to the people, peace out and blame Canada
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1492 on: January 16, 2009, 09:59:55 AM »

It's on sale for 49SEK at CDON. Might explain why....

/jarmo

duga
VIP

If you're not a rock star - at least act like one

« Reply #1493 on: January 16, 2009, 05:11:57 PM »

It's on sale for 49SEK at CDON. Might explain why....

/jarmo

I know. Nothing wrong with that.  ok Grin

Stockholm 2006, Oslo 2010, Maryland 2016, Stockholm 2017, Gothenburg 2018

Power to the people, peace out and blame Canada
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #1494 on: January 19, 2009, 09:35:49 AM »

About that...

It seems to me that the old records have gotten more promo than the new one. That goes for my country, norway.

There has been spots on tv for the old records. This spot was longer with more music than the short still clip ad of Chinese Democracy.

Cdon. has used an old record. Platekompaniet has also been pushing the old records for what it's worth...

Kind of wierd of universal to do this...

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
JuicySwoos
VIP

Thatwhy

« Reply #1495 on: January 19, 2009, 02:32:56 PM »

CD is currently at #32 with 36% of the totals in.  It is starting off better than last week when it did not make it into the top 50 until the final numbers where in.  Its hanging around!! 

2002- Minneapolis, MN
2006- Ames, IA
2006- Minneapolis, MN
2011- Minneapolis, MN
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Chicago, IL
2017- Minnea
Ali
Legend

« Reply #1496 on: January 19, 2009, 02:52:07 PM »

CD is currently at #32 with 36% of the totals in.  It is starting off better than last week when it did not make it into the top 50 until the final numbers where in.  Its hanging around!! 

Not to be a party pooper, but it has been my observation that for some reason wherever they are with the first reports is not usually where they end up.

But, let's see what happens.

Ali
JuicySwoos
VIP

Thatwhy

« Reply #1497 on: January 19, 2009, 02:56:30 PM »

Not to be a party pooper, but it has been my observation that for some reason wherever they are with the first reports is not usually where they end up.

But, let's see what happens.

Ali

You are correct, and thats why I said "starting off better than last week".

2002- Minneapolis, MN
2006- Ames, IA
2006- Minneapolis, MN
2011- Minneapolis, MN
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Chicago, IL
2017- Minnea
ecwfan
Rocker

« Reply #1498 on: January 19, 2009, 03:06:56 PM »

If anyone remembers Greatest Hits , only sold 100,000+ copies its 1st week of release. And well it stuck around 3-4 years on the Billboard charts and sold over 3+ million copies. I have told this to many critics...that Guns n Roses could be this type of band who sells albums without any promotion. And its a great feat thus far. To sell as well as it has worldwide with really no real promotion....its a hell of a feat in todays era.
Layflats
Headliner

I'm not an idiot.

« Reply #1499 on: January 19, 2009, 04:44:13 PM »

Word of mouth is and will always be a powerful tool if something is good.  I own the sound system at a club, and for the past number of shows at the end of the night I'll play CD in it's entirety.

"What is that?"
"That sounds like Axl, is that the new Guns?"
"Dude, I heard the new song on whatever radio station."

You tell your friends the truth, the album is really good.  I would say I have a spot for the old GN'R and maybe even went into buying the album trying to find a reason not to like it.  It's hard not to like something that is really good.  So will it "hang around", of course, the album fucking rocks!
« Last Edit: January 19, 2009, 04:46:06 PM by Layflats » Logged

Chicago 11/15/11
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 113 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: