Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 07, 2024, 11:09:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228010 Posts in 43257 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  new single monday?? - Confirmed, "Better" debuts today 11/17
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 18 Go Down Print
Author Topic: new single monday?? - Confirmed, "Better" debuts today 11/17  (Read 69065 times)
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2008, 11:19:37 AM »

I listen to 92.3 KROCK constantly here online, and haven't heard a thing all day. I went out for about 15 minutes before, but I haven't heard anything mentioned!
Chuzeville
Rocker

I'm Serge Lama!

« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2008, 11:25:22 AM »

I am also still clinging to idea that 'limited' AFD is re-record by 'new' band (yes, I know, I am reaching beyond the stars into another dimension on this one), however if it is, we would need a single on that as well, with 4 days till release.  smoking

Obviously not my decision to make but... releasing the rerecording Appetite just now would be suicidal.

Anyway, about Better as a single: it's catchy as hell... until we get to the screaming middle8 that is likely to make a lot of casual listener change the channel...
Or maybe they would edit that bit out.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2008, 11:27:07 AM by Chuzeville » Logged
wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2008, 11:26:09 AM »

Maybe, just maybe not at this point but at a future date, releasing a single that's NOT on CD would be a master stroke.

The General or Atlas Shrugged springs to mind. Imagine, 100's of 1000's of CD owning fans getting an opportunity to hear something not leaked, not available on any album and not live via Youtube, THAT WOULD ROCK  ok

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2008, 11:28:50 AM »

Maybe, just maybe not at this point but at a future date, releasing a single that's NOT on CD would be a master stroke.

The General or Atlas Shrugged springs to mind. Imagine, 100's of 1000's of CD owning fans getting an opportunity to hear something not leaked, not available on any album and not live via Youtube, THAT WOULD ROCK  ok

Can't get with ya on that one, doesn't make sense.  Don't wanna confuse the audience.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2008, 11:51:37 AM »

CD was just played on KROCK, not a single mention of a new single by the DJ. I'd put this one down as false.
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2008, 11:54:10 AM »

Smart move Azoff this song will make everyone a fan ! Better will be the best track on Chinese Democracy. 

I really doubt Azoff has any word on the single selection. Normally, this would be the label's decission.

gnrjanus
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2008, 12:15:17 PM »

there will be a new single. rumours are true thats all I'm going to say untill it get's official out there.
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2008, 12:23:58 PM »

there will be a new single. rumours are true thats all I'm going to say untill it get's official out there.

Ditto.  I red it on teh interNetz so it has 2 be to tha truuth

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
reed2009
Headliner

« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2008, 12:32:20 PM »

im def thinking that there not rumors and its true about the new single monday, better would be the right choice for the first "real" single. chinese democracy was prob put out there so people new that it was guns n roses and now after a few weeks its time to put out Better with a video and win over more fans and the radio

scraped
Skunk
Rocker

« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2008, 12:33:24 PM »

Maybe the next one will be Shacklers, and then after that Better.
Then Street of Dreams, then If the World, then There Was a Time... and on and on straight through the album!
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #30 on: November 15, 2008, 12:34:10 PM »

any proof or you just going to pretnd to know something? then when a new single comes out eventually, whenever that may be (I doubt Monday..) you'll come back and say "OMGZ I TOLD YOUS!"
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #31 on: November 15, 2008, 12:45:19 PM »

remember this?

08.26.02 - London Arena, London, England
opening act: Weezer
attendance: 12,500
set: Welcome To The Jungle, It's So Easy, Mr. Brownstone, Live And Let Die, Think About You, You Could Be Mine, Guitar Solo [Robin], Sweet Child O' Mine, Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Out Ta Get Me, Chinese Democracy, Madagascar, Rhiad And The Bedouins, Guitar Solo [Buckethead], Piano Solo, November Rain, The Blues, Acoustic Guitar Solo [Buckethead], Rocket Queen, Patience, My Michelle, Nightrain
encore: Guitar Solo [Robin], Paradise City
audio/video recording?: audio, video [incomplete]
notes: During 'Welcome To The Jungle,' someone tries to throw a KFC bucket onstage to Axl. Security throws the bucket back towards the crowd. Axl sees this and says, "Throw me that... hey!" Security then tosses the bucket on stage and Axl wears it for a little while. After 'Mr. Brownstone,' Axl says to the crowd, "How you doin? I'm doin' pretty good, thanks for asking. It's good to be here in lively old England. See you didn't even think I knew where I was! Um... I want to uh... I wanna say that I learned that I'm as big as a house! So I think I... I'm owed some rent money! I think that there?s a little pussy-ass writer over at NME that owes me some rent money... for livin' inside my ass! Uh, just... just playin' around. This is 'Live And Let Die!'" Before 'Think About You,' Axl asks, "You motherfuckers hot? OK now you're really hot, right? And you don't like ice in your soda? What's that about?!" After 'Sweet Child O' Mine,' Axl sees a sign in the crowd and asks, "Nick, there?s some guys here with a sign here that says 'Greece Loves You.' Sorry that's an inside - Nick's from Greece." Prior to 'Out Ta Get Me,' Axl says, "I'd also like to uh, to thank NME for helping us start things off on such a good note with a little piece called the 'Kings Of Hong Kong.' That was really nice, thank you." After 'Chinese Democracy,' Axl says, "Now, there's been some concern... that if we play 5 or 6 new songs, then there can't that many more on the album. Au contraire mon fr?re! We're just playin' the songs we're not considering putting out as singles or anything. So you'll get 18 songs and about 10 extra tracks. And when that... when the record company feels that has run [it's] source, then you'll get it all over again. And by that time, I should be done with the 3rd album! So we'll see if all goes well boys and girls! And if Uncle Axl proves not to be an asshole - we'll have to see, the jury's still out." He then turns to Tommy and asks, "Wait, was that a rant? Does that qualify as a rant or was that just nonsense? It was under 5? OK, it's... it doesn't qualify, wasn't long enough!" Before 'The Blues,' Axl jokes, "What's that smell? Did I shit my pants? What the fuck! I think I... I think I shit my riches! Uh, we're gonna keep the piano out. Bring down... Mr. Dizzy Reed. Mr. Dizzy Reed, please report to the black courtesy piano. Please report to the black courtesy piano, Mr. Dizzy Reed!" At the end of 'Paradise City,' Axl screams, "God save the Queen!" After he just drops his microphone in place, instead of hurling it into the crowd.

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

Out of the shadows, into...Hell?

« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2008, 01:01:53 PM »

I still think that there are several surprises in store for us...as Axl has said in his own words, apparently...but look at every weekend since the news first started breaking - the crazy's with free time start all their 'something big is happening Monday' rumors Fri/Sat...and things run wild all weekend...   rant

I will believe it when I hear it.  Either way next week is going to rock. ok

"I have no comment, for the record, but don't quote me on that"
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #33 on: November 15, 2008, 02:16:05 PM »

Oh hell, GNR can't go wrong with Better or IRS as the next single.
In fact, they would have been my first 2 singles.  yes
November 23rd, I love you!   love

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2008, 02:17:20 PM »

the skeptic in me has been silenced Lips Sealed hihi
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #35 on: November 15, 2008, 05:21:33 PM »

I'd be a little surprised if they'd release another single so soon with how well Chinese Democracy has been doing.  Then again, this is GNR.  They released 2 albums on the same day and that worked out alright.  2 singles in the top 10 or higher is well within reach.  I'm game!
« Last Edit: November 15, 2008, 05:27:31 PM by faldor » Logged

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #36 on: November 15, 2008, 07:57:07 PM »

i hope its something that no ones heard yet like maybe one of those "big guns" we've always heard about. i'm Thnking Sorry or Scraped Cool

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
Chief
Legend

« Reply #37 on: November 15, 2008, 07:59:05 PM »

I definitely believe the next single should be Better.
i still love that tune... so catchy!!!

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
circusboy666
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #38 on: November 15, 2008, 08:32:39 PM »

it's definately going to be better bc they know it will be well recieved and it could possibly get robin interested in getting back in camp.(since he wrote it)
The Estranged MrFlashbax
VIP

The Tranquil Jester

« Reply #39 on: November 15, 2008, 09:21:39 PM »

the radio DJ for 92.3 KROCK here in new york just said he's going to play a new track off Chinese Democracy on monday. Anyone know anything about this?

Thanks 2 those who went 2 Mustang Harry's on May 12th. That made my first concert experience something I'll never forget. Never did I feel like I fit in anywhere as much as I did amongst you strangers
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 18 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: