Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 02:07:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Chinese Democracy to be released on MySpace.com - Nov 20th
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chinese Democracy to be released on MySpace.com - Nov 20th  (Read 20615 times)
JDA
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #60 on: November 20, 2008, 12:22:00 AM »

This is really fun to be able to be listening to the new cd.  I was 11 when Use I and II came out and am now 28.  Very weird.  You can definitely hear the differences from the final versions compared to the leaks.  Much better. 

Chinese- Love it.  Love the intro.  Just a cool song.

Shackler's- Also, very cool. Has a NIN feel.  Love the chorus.

Better- Still is probably my fav.  Just really like the rythme of the song.  Very catchy.

Street of Dreams- Have always like it and like the changes

If the World- don't know.  Weird.  Don't know if I like it yet.

CITR -is cool cause I have heard the leaks but just really enjoy the new changes.

Scraped -is very diff.  didn't know if I like it right away but found myself getting into it at the end.

Riad -I don't know.  Just never has been my cup of tea.

Sorry- WTF?

IRS- Never been my fav but not bad.

Madagascar- Have always loved this song.

This I Love- Wow! My new fav.

Prostitute- Ok I guess.  Don't like the drum machine or whatever the beat is.

« Last Edit: November 20, 2008, 01:06:04 AM by JDA » Logged
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #61 on: November 20, 2008, 12:25:55 AM »

There is a lot more texture in the songs compared to previous versions. BB-Foot guitar added  and just better sound quality ( and it is the finished product!)

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #62 on: November 20, 2008, 12:28:06 AM »

Have fun listening guys/girls.  I'm gonna hold out for NOW.  Gotta go to sleep before I break!

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #63 on: November 20, 2008, 12:28:58 AM »

I should go to sleep. But I CANT! CD is streaming!

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Nostradamus
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #64 on: November 20, 2008, 12:37:23 AM »

I have my computer hooked up to the surround sound system in my house.  Sitting in my leather chair, drinking some beers, and blasting CD.  Its been an extremely tough year, but life doesn't get much better than this.
efish
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #65 on: November 20, 2008, 12:41:05 AM »

Myspace Tom just put a shoutout to the streaming CD on his "status". That's a good way to get a couple million new fans!
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #66 on: November 20, 2008, 12:45:50 AM »

There has never been an album quite like CD

You have to admire the sheer audacity of having songs as wide ranging Shackler's Revenge, If The World, and This I Love on the same album

The fact that the album comes together as such a strong final product with this much diversity is a great accomplishment
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #67 on: November 20, 2008, 12:49:37 AM »

There has never been an album quite like CD

You have to admire the sheer audacity of having songs as wide ranging Shackler's Revenge, If The World, and This I Love on the same album

The fact that the album comes together as such a strong final product with this much diversity is a great accomplishment

The sheer focus of will is staggering.
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #68 on: November 20, 2008, 12:51:57 AM »

Myspace Tom just put a shoutout to the streaming CD on his "status". That's a good way to get a couple million new fans!

and it appear that it is the first time he changed status on myspace  Grin everyone in his comments seem to love the album
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #69 on: November 20, 2008, 12:54:48 AM »

and it appear that it is the first time he changed status on myspace  Grin everyone in his comments seem to love the album

One of his favorite albums ever is AFD.  He's definitely a fan.
Nostradamus
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #70 on: November 20, 2008, 12:57:49 AM »

Gosh, it has been a long wait.  I remember sitting at the House of Blues for that first Vegas show in 2000, and then at the Joint the year after.  That was such a great show, such a great memory.  Then, only two years ago, for my batchelor party at the Joint again.  I can't believe I will have this CD on Sunday.  

Here are my initial thoughts on the songs.  This is all in comparison to other GNR songs.  When I say an OK song, I would still rather listen to this than the other stuff out these days.

CD - Good opening song.  Nowhere near the best song on the album, but still a good rock song.

Shacklers - Ok song.  Definitely not one of my favorites, but not a bad song either.

Better - Great song.  One of my favorites on the album.  Probably the best up-tempo song on the album.

Blues - Good song.  I feel like this song is so old since I have heard it so many times.  However, I think it is objectively a good song.  However, probably one of the weakest of the ballads on the album.

If the World - I like this song.  Definitely a different vibe, but I think it adds a different element to the album.

TWAT - I think this is my favorite song on the album right now.  This song is just great.  The guitar is just fantastic.

Catcher - I like it.  I think I will like more as I listen to it more.  I was expecting a little more for this song because it had so much hype over the years.

Scraped - Ok song.  

Riad - Again, I have heard this song so many times.  I like the album better than the live version.  Ok song.

Sorry - Wow, this song definitely has the Pink Floyd vibe.  I like it a lot.

IRS - One of the better up-tempo songs on the album, if not second behind Better.  

Madagascar - Great to hear the studio version.  Sounds great.  This is just a fantastic song.  It still sounds great even though it is eight years old to those of us that have attended the shows.

Still waiting to hear This I Love and Prostitute.  I'm listening from start to finish.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2008, 01:00:57 AM by Nostradamus » Logged
Mobenrad
VIP

Free of all these chains

« Reply #71 on: November 20, 2008, 01:06:27 AM »

Catcher in the Rye, Better, If the World, and This I Love are hands down the best songs on this album.
Nostradamus
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #72 on: November 20, 2008, 01:07:47 AM »

I think you have to add TWAT to that list.
Negleyjj
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #73 on: November 20, 2008, 01:08:12 AM »

Wow posting multiple bulletins + updating his status is pretty huge promotion. This is definitely selling albums to a new generation.
Nostradamus
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #74 on: November 20, 2008, 01:10:12 AM »

I really like This I Love and Prostitute.  Both great songs.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #75 on: November 20, 2008, 01:12:19 AM »

I wanna hear someone listen to this i love then say his voice is gone with a straight face!
awk
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #76 on: November 20, 2008, 01:12:30 AM »

This cd is awesome I'd put it right up there with UYI, its no AFD but hey no album ever will be equal to that imo. Rhiad is still my least favorite, but street of dreams, madagascar, and better are instant classics in my mind. The rest are really good too I just love those 3 songs all of em in my top ten gnr songs ever. I cant wait for a tour!!!!
fito_gnr
Headliner

« Reply #77 on: November 20, 2008, 01:13:25 AM »

damn!! what a great album!! thanks GN'R, it makes you forget all the time we were waiting for this album, and all the upsets etc.

?it?s a fire you can?t stop it?s ROCK N?ROLL?
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #78 on: November 20, 2008, 01:14:38 AM »

I'm glad to hear that the vox at the beginning of (the song formerly known as) The Blues have improved. 

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
mcmurray
Headliner

« Reply #79 on: November 20, 2008, 01:15:36 AM »

Sorry- WTF?

WTF?  One of the strongest tracks imo.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: