Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 12:25:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Chinese Democracy to be released on MySpace.com - Nov 20th
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chinese Democracy to be released on MySpace.com - Nov 20th  (Read 20599 times)
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #80 on: November 20, 2008, 01:16:49 AM »

I'm waiting until tomorrow to listen to the whole thing... but I did let the first 3 songs play since they've already been "released" (OK, and half of track 4).... and I already think this album is amazing.

Can you imagine what a tour will be like now that these songs are all fair game and people will recognize them?
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #81 on: November 20, 2008, 01:18:13 AM »

this is literally killing me not listening to the myspace version...I don't know...I know I already went to the NYC listening event which was awesome but I am still waiting till sunday to listen to the album on a constant basis...I have waited all these years, and I kept thinking of the moment where I walk into the store to buy the record  so I can hear it...damn it I am still going to hold on till Sunday....(no telling how successful I will be at this, im sure I will cave by tomorrow night...)
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #82 on: November 20, 2008, 01:18:55 AM »

It will be incredible to hear these live. I honestly hope they play them all.
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #83 on: November 20, 2008, 01:19:48 AM »

after listening I'd say sorry is my favorite out of all the songs never heard before and maybe off the entire album.

Scraped, Rhiad not my cup of tea but may grow on me.

IRS was a standout as well with the changes made

CD, Better, TWAT were always among my favorites.

Street of Dreams, Madagascar, Catcher in the Rye have grown on me and will probably continue to do so

i have to listen to the others more thourougly including scraped and rhiad
axlslash4eva
Headliner

Suck on That

« Reply #84 on: November 20, 2008, 01:19:54 AM »

Ok well I dont care I've waited long enough I was 7 when the last CD came out, I went to the listening party In NY and now listening on myspace and will be listening to Krock then listneing even more when i got the CD and vinyl this is my review

CD- Great opening song, kinda like jungle opened AFD, jsut great it sets the standard and says fuck you we're back

Shacklers-  Seems out of place on the album, kinda like a real wierd Nine Inch Nails song I dunno not very GNR

Better- One of my favorite songs great, its a classic that will be a household well radiohold name

Street Of Dreams-  Reminds me of estranged but in its own right, its great classic verses and meaningfull lyrics

If the world-  I heard the demo and loved it "your the only one i have ever loved, that have ever loved me"wow  my favorite part of the finished CD i believe has got to be the faded out "la la di da la di da da da di da" sounds real cool

There was a Time-- Great opening lyrics "broken glass and cigerates"  again a classic in its own right.  This will be one of the songs they will be doing or should be doing live at all their shows.

Scraped--  Awsome, kinda like axl sayin this isnt about me its about US as a band its about GUNS N' ROSES "dont try and stop us now"

Riad N' Bedouins-- Never my favorite was always kinda iffy about it, im sure the more i listen to it the more i will like it, i must say it sounds ALOT better then the demo

Sorry-- GREAT GREAT GREAT so strong and powerfull with alot of meaning behind it

I.R.S.- this song has been played since around 04, good song, not much to really say about it.

Madagascar- Wow , the mixes sound unbeliveable and when axl comes in after it with "I wont be told anymore" its very uplifting.

This I love- Is one of my favorites again its such a strong strong song with soft words and music just WOW listen to this first

Prostitue- Great ending to a great CD

IT was worth the wait id rather wait 14 yrs for a great CD then get a shitty album just thrown together for money and just 2 get it out, he worked hard on this and it shows

Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #85 on: November 20, 2008, 01:27:55 AM »

Sorry- WTF?

WTF?  One of the strongest tracks imo.

I love it. My favorite track. I kinda get what Bach was saying about it. Turn that shit up loud during the chorus and it does have a doom metal feel to it. Only during the chorus though. Sounds like some Black Sabbath's stuff. Really does. Absolutely love it.

Also love Catcher in The Rye, Better, Street of Dreams, and Shackler's Revenge. Didn't like Scraped and Prostitute. This I love is good but a little wierd and There was a Time is ok but does get really good about the 3 minute mark. The rest is good. The album is great. Listened to the whole thing and loved it as a whole. Will try not to listen again till sunday but thats gonna be hard...well I stopped and just put on Sorry again.  rofl

Fuck Yeah. CHINESE DEMOCRACY IS HERE!! ok smoking

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #86 on: November 20, 2008, 01:28:23 AM »

this is literally killing me not listening to the myspace version...I don't know...I know I already went to the NYC listening event which was awesome but I am still waiting till sunday to listen to the album on a constant basis...I have waited all these years, and I kept thinking of the moment where I walk into the store to buy the record  so I can hear it...damn it I am still going to hold on till Sunday....(no telling how successful I will be at this, im sure I will cave by tomorrow night...)

If they didn't want you to listen, they wouldn't have leaked posted it on Myspace.  I think of it as prepping for the BIG listen, at which time I'll explain to my buddies who are listening why it fucking owns all.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2008, 01:58:12 AM by freedom78 » Logged

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #87 on: November 20, 2008, 01:35:13 AM »

Scraped = New Myspace song.

Not that anyone cares.

I am so thankful that the good folks from GN'R and MySpace did this for the fans.  I was really disappointed from the sound quality from last nights listening party, but I listened to the whole album all the way and it totally made up for yesterday.

I know a lot of tracks are "growers" but man, the seed has been planted.
Skunk
Rocker

« Reply #88 on: November 20, 2008, 01:48:24 AM »

So now i've listened to Chinese Democracy. Wow, unreal.

After this initial listen to the album straight through, i'm kind of shocked at how emotionally draining it was. It's an unbelievable album, and everything i wanted if not necessarily what i expected. It is such a sad and heartbroken album. It is genius, but it doesn't hide how lonely and confusing genius can be. It comes straight at you. It doesn't lie or posture about anything, it punches you dead in the eye. It is an album that knows itself well, that knows the expectation and myth of itself. It is upon only one listen quite rightly then an impossible album. It's strange to hear it because you feel like you're missing it. There's sometimes more song than my brain can process, and some songs that alone, blaring off a radio in the background of my day, would probably stop me in my tracks, here in their context i can't respond to them yet because i'm spinning from the others. They do run together and form one larger than life feeling called Chinese Democracy. There are parts of some songs that feel like time has just tripped up on itself, and that is the emotional reaction i had to the album as a whole. I feel as if something inexplicable just happened that has never happened before and i'm in a silent state of shock. Chinese Democracy, the impossible album, exists.
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #89 on: November 20, 2008, 03:09:05 AM »

AXL IS ON THE FRONT PAGE!
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #90 on: November 20, 2008, 03:10:26 AM »

awesome. and its a pic from their last tour and not an old one  ok
Mama Kin
VIP

It's Just a Ride

« Reply #91 on: November 20, 2008, 03:16:29 AM »

Pretty awesome. I decided to check out Street of Dreams first........sounds really weird, after all these years to hear a studio version and no "OK NEVERMIND!!!" admonishing in the begining rofl

Learn to swim, I'll see you down in Arizona Bay
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #92 on: November 20, 2008, 04:45:22 AM »

Tempting...but I'm going to wait two more days.

I love the idea. It's great to have music available for everybody on myspace, but eventhough the temptation is there, I'm gonna wait till I buy the CD on Saturday.

This has been a hell of a journey for me and I'm not going to take a detour. There's just one possible destination - at least that's how I visualized it all these years - and nothing is going to get my mind off that. For me, this journey will finish on Saturday 22nd, not any sooner.

On sauurday, I'll embark myself in another journey...but that's another story.

I'm so corney these days  hihi

Naltav
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #93 on: November 20, 2008, 05:08:47 AM »

I haven't heard the songs (gettin' the album today), but I kept an eye on the total plays...

Just now, there were 115'730 (!!) plays from 10:30 to 10:57 (norwegian time)

That's not even half an hour!!!! Jesus!   beer

Stavanger-rock-city!!
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #94 on: November 20, 2008, 06:53:09 AM »

Listening to the album now.......

This is a great day to work at home.  Smiley

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #95 on: November 20, 2008, 06:56:14 AM »

Listening to the album now.......

This is a great day to work at home.  Smiley

You picked a good day to do so. No firewalls to block you from listening.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #96 on: November 20, 2008, 07:00:55 AM »

HOLY FUCKING SHIT

HAHA

WOW

Street of Dreams is back to being AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Better than RIR3

Axl went back to the amazing screams at the end and added some lyrics!

WOW!

The Blues use to be my favorite but somewhere between 02-06 it really lost its power mainly due to axl changing the outro screams

Well! FUCK, I am still tingling after hearing it.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Raistlin
Opening Act

« Reply #97 on: November 20, 2008, 08:25:04 AM »

So about 11 pm EST last night the songs started showing up.  I started listening in bed with the laptop beside me, and yep...4 songs in, the laptop battery died.  Instead of doing the logical thing and getting the power cable, I decided to go to bed. 

But I am working from home today, so I will be listeing to the mySpace release all day.  ALL DAY!!!  Yeah like i am going to get any work done.

I've worked too hard for my illusions, just to throw them all away.
gilee7
VIP

'09 & '14 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champion

« Reply #98 on: November 20, 2008, 08:42:51 AM »

In my opinion, listening to the album now, and hearing some of these songs for the first time on Myspace of all places, would kinda take away a bit of the magic that Sunday is going to bring.

I've waited so many years, I can wait another 3 days.

Here Today . . .
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #99 on: November 20, 2008, 08:51:21 AM »

In my opinion, listening to the album now, and hearing some of these songs for the first time on Myspace of all places, would kinda take away a bit of the magic that Sunday is going to bring.

I've waited so many years, I can wait another 3 days.
I'm waiting till tomorrow for a listening party with some friends.  If for some reason that doesn't happen, I don't know if I'll be able to resist.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: