Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 08:29:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Street Of Dreams - discussion
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Street Of Dreams - discussion  (Read 32479 times)
Irish gunner II
Rocker

IRISH BY BIRTH, CORK BY THE GRACE OF GOD

« Reply #100 on: August 10, 2009, 06:25:51 PM »

Listened to SOD for the first time in a good few weeks last night. I hadn't listened to album on purpose for about two weeks and it made a huge difference as I noticed little things in SOD and the rest of the album I hadn't noticed before.
Trist805
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #101 on: September 10, 2009, 05:39:23 AM »

I just realized how great this song is.  I had kind of overlooked it before, but I just listened to it again, and now I can really appreciate it.  Great song.  I think the lyrics are really deep too.   

Is that Buckethead that plays from 3:51 to the end of the song?  That part is really cool. 
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #102 on: September 10, 2009, 08:37:41 AM »

I just realized how great this song is.  I had kind of overlooked it before, but I just listened to it again, and now I can really appreciate it.  Great song.  I think the lyrics are really deep too.   

Is that Buckethead that plays from 3:51 to the end of the song?  That part is really cool. 
I thought Ron put his finishing touches at the end, but I could be wrong.  It sounds similar to the live parts he plays.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Trist805
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #103 on: September 10, 2009, 06:35:33 PM »

I thought Ron put his finishing touches at the end, but I could be wrong.  It sounds similar to the live parts he plays.

yea I am trying to figure it out too. Buckethead and Bumblefoot sound similar at times.  The booklet says "street of dreams"...Guitar Solos: Fink, Buckethead.   The guitar solo at 2:16 sounds like Fink but then at about 2:40 it starts to sound like Buckethead.  I'm trying to figure out if it is both of them on that solo or if Fink does that whole solo and then Bucket does the outro.   However, on "Riad" it says Buckethead (outro) under the guitar solos section.  So you could be right about it being Ron, but I'm not really sure.  It is a very complex structure.
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #104 on: September 10, 2009, 06:47:42 PM »

Fairly sure it's Bucket on the outro though it's Richard that plays it live..
Jdog0830
Legend

Rocking and Rolling because I am young and free!!!

« Reply #105 on: September 10, 2009, 07:28:19 PM »

This is one of the best songs on the album Axl got me with "I know its called the Street of Dreams but thats not stardust on my feet that leaves a taste thats bitter sweet thats called the Bluuuuuuuuues"

its either #1 or #2 on my favorites list for this album

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59678.0

Just keep on moving on don't turn around or you'll lose it all
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #106 on: September 12, 2009, 09:52:12 AM »

Fairly sure it's Bucket on the outro though it's Richard that plays it live..
Indeed. Wonder if it was Richard who came up with the idea in 2002, but then Bucket ended up nailing this outro better.

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #107 on: September 12, 2009, 03:42:38 PM »

Sorry I just realized I was talking about the wrong song before.  For some reason I thought we were talking about "I.R.S.".  Whoops!

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #108 on: September 12, 2009, 09:47:07 PM »

Indeed. Wonder if it was Richard who came up with the idea in 2002, but then Bucket ended up nailing this outro better.

Yeah I seem to remember it emerging somewhere during the 2002 North American Tour being played by Richard but I could be very wrong.
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #109 on: September 12, 2009, 09:50:15 PM »

Yeah I seem to remember it emerging somewhere during the 2002 North American Tour being played by Richard but I could be very wrong.

Nope you not wrong. That outro was added to the song sometime in 2002 as it was not played like it during the 2001 shows.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #110 on: September 13, 2009, 05:34:34 AM »

Yeah. He played it for the first time in the Tacoma gig, the first of the NA tour. This outro wasn't played before that.

Fernando
The REAL Fernando
Rocker

Adz sucks irl.

« Reply #111 on: September 18, 2009, 08:44:58 PM »

This song is the shiztnit*!

*3) gaddam' phenomenal, bi-atch!

Narcissism has a lot to do with selfishness and deep need for adoration, not giving a fuck for others and promoting themselves at the expense of others often publicly.
adman2374
Rocker

« Reply #112 on: September 18, 2009, 11:45:04 PM »

Put back the drum roll in the last verse that Brain added during the 02 tour!!! They took it out on the album...
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #113 on: September 19, 2009, 07:24:46 AM »

Put back the drum roll in the last verse that Brain added during the 02 tour!!! They took it out on the album...
yeah, i've mentioned that too, they played it live during the 06-07 tours too so i was surprised that it wasn't on the album
seely
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #114 on: September 19, 2009, 02:46:15 PM »

+1, i loved thhat drum roll
not to mention the old guitar intro  Cry

still, the final song is good all the same!

(\__/)
(O.o )
( > < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny and this attached message into your signature to help him on his quest for world domination.

----------------------------------------------------
Marion68
VIP

« Reply #115 on: September 23, 2009, 08:26:18 AM »

...one of my favorite song,because it?s very emotional,I like the way Axl is singing ...

;)Regards from Germany Wink

Marion68
VIP

« Reply #116 on: September 23, 2009, 08:34:45 AM »

This song is the shiztnit*!

*3) gaddam' phenomenal, bi-atch!

I?m sorry but can you describe "shiztnit "what?s the meaning of gaddam.....???I?m from Germany and I can?t translate it

Thanks  smoking
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #117 on: September 23, 2009, 09:56:14 AM »

I?m sorry but can you describe "shiztnit "what?s the meaning of gaddam.....???I?m from Germany and I can?t translate it

Thanks  smoking

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=shiznit

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=god+damn
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #118 on: September 23, 2009, 10:57:15 AM »

You have to excuse Fernando's accent....

It isn't easy to understand what he's saying most of the time.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #119 on: September 23, 2009, 11:10:14 AM »

Version "THE BLUES" In 2002 Is The Real:

- STREET OF DREAMS -

smoking

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »