Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 15, 2024, 10:27:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228057 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The Scraped thread
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Scraped thread  (Read 30521 times)
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #40 on: November 21, 2008, 02:33:40 PM »

It's "Lies They Tell" !

"And the lies that they tell you..... Don't you try to stop us now"
LittleFly
Legend

A dream realized

« Reply #41 on: November 21, 2008, 02:34:03 PM »

I was surprised at the message of this song.  The last line in the lyrics is "Believe in yourself"  You don't think of GNR as a source for inspirational songs hihi

I woke up with this song blasting in my head.  I love it.  It's not my favorite song, but it's definetly up there.  Good thing I have alot of personalities...they all get their own #1 songs Grin  rofl

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"

www.cindyscrazy.com   www.facebook.com/cindyscrazy

"...now where's that monkey? I want to shoot something"- Cap'n Jack Sparrow
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #42 on: November 21, 2008, 02:39:22 PM »

I was surprised at the message of this song.  The last line in the lyrics is "Believe in yourself"  You don't think of GNR as a source for inspirational songs hihi

I woke up with this song blasting in my head.  I love it.  It's not my favorite song, but it's definetly up there.  Good thing I have alot of personalities...they all get their own #1 songs Grin  rofl

They are all wonderful for different reasons!
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #43 on: November 21, 2008, 03:04:21 PM »

I have to reckon the intro isn't quite welcoming... but the rest of the song puts that aside.  Wink

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #44 on: November 21, 2008, 03:25:00 PM »

I didn't like it when I first head it.  Now that i've listened to it over and over again I LOVE IT !

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #45 on: November 21, 2008, 04:06:07 PM »

I have to reckon the intro isn't quite welcoming... but the rest of the song puts that aside.  Wink

Same here, BUT...

The intro could work SO WELL live!  Axl could do the A-yo parts and the crowd can call back, much like Freddie Mercury did during Queen shows.

Reinaldo
Rocker

"O.K., Nevermind!"

« Reply #46 on: November 21, 2008, 04:40:50 PM »

the most AFD sounding song in the disc
sleazy riff and crazy drums

Man, that's it!! There are some UYI moments and other new vibes there, but this is the most AFDish song on CD. At the same time there's a lot of the new band style. I can't define exactly what reminds me of AFD and neither which moment of that album. Maybe something of Mr. Brownstone or Rocket Queen (riffs), maybe the vocals of Out to Get Me. Really don't know.

I'm ok with the intro and can live with that awful nanosecond editting mistake on 1:19.
Never doubted, but listening to this song in particular I just went: "THAT'S GUNS N' FUCKIN' ROSES!!!"

Axl's vocals are even more amazing here. I just loved the way he sings in a lower tone on the majority of the pessimistic words (eg.: ...I fell my life's a catastrophe... ) and screams very high on the the optimistic part of lyrics (e.g.: sometime's I fell it's all opened up for me, nothing's impossible, I am inconquerable). 

When we get closer to the chorus, this ups and downs turn faster (eg.: up: "You know you are stronger.." down: "..then the lies that they tell you").

That's a simple but still very original idea and a difficult task to anyone's voice to achieve! But that's our hero!! AXL = GENIUS!!! Nothing's impossible to him!! AMAZING!!!!
« Last Edit: November 21, 2008, 04:51:34 PM by Reinaldo » Logged

RIR 2001 - Porto Alegre 2010 - RIR 2011 - Rio de Janeiro 2014 & 2016 - RIR 2022
badapple81
« Reply #47 on: November 21, 2008, 05:32:27 PM »

This song originally didn't stick in my head as one of my faves but I really appreciate it for what it is now. Axl's vocals are kick ass. Sometimes I feel like I am in the 80's or 90's listening to Axl in the demo of Crash Diet. I fucking love it.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #48 on: November 22, 2008, 12:16:48 PM »

This song grabbed me from the first listen. Its an anthem and potential single for sure. THis song will be the song that athletes/sports teams and people in general turn on for inspiration and to get pumped up

Im glad this song has  positive, uplifting lyrics. I love the solo and Tommys baseline especially at the end of the song. Great stuff

Anyone else hear some "OMG" elements in this song?

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
axlroses
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #49 on: November 22, 2008, 12:20:10 PM »

This song would be perfect for an NBA playoff promo in June.
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #50 on: November 22, 2008, 12:27:29 PM »

all i could say when i first heard this song was OMG i mean it was totally unexpected (only listened once so far although its coming up next) but just pure awsome!

same here, really dug it INSTANTLY. 

after i got past the kinda weird intro...  hihi   fits with the rest of the song though (or the rest of the song fits with it... whatever).

good call whoever posted about how this might have been "atlas shrugged" at one point.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
Crowebar
Sir Puke-a-Lot
VIP

« Reply #51 on: November 22, 2008, 12:29:48 PM »

It's a really great song. Love it.
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #52 on: November 23, 2008, 02:47:02 AM »

The only critique I have of this song,

is the overdubbed vocals in the verse

" Dont you try to stop us now
(I'd Give anything to Know)
Dont you try to stop us now
(I would have never made it so far)

the parts in Bold are hard to hear, and just kind of sound out of place...
It would sound better "imo" if it was just the chorus without the bold. peace

but this song is a big grower.

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #53 on: November 23, 2008, 02:49:58 AM »

This song grabbed me from the first listen. Its an anthem and potential single for sure. THis song will be the song that athletes/sports teams and people in general turn on for inspiration and to get pumped up

Im glad this song has  positive, uplifting lyrics. I love the solo and Tommys baseline especially at the end of the song. Great stuff

Anyone else hear some "OMG" elements in this song?

Absolutely. It doesn't break new ground but the chorus is catchy and it has a strong melody. Could be one of those sugary sweet hits that give the album legs.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #54 on: November 23, 2008, 03:10:01 AM »

The only critique I have of this song,

is the overdubbed vocals in the verse

" Dont you try to stop us now
(I'd Give anything to Know)
Dont you try to stop us now
(I would have never made it so far)

the parts in Bold are hard to hear, and just kind of sound out of place...
It would sound better "imo" if it was just the chorus without the bold. peace

but this song is a big grower.
totally agree. Same with SR

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #55 on: November 23, 2008, 07:28:32 AM »

it's a grower for me
Bansidhe
Headliner

We'll rap yer pus.

« Reply #56 on: November 23, 2008, 08:20:39 AM »

There's some very strange Pitman noises in the left channel in the verse. Sort of a bubbling sound (reminiscent of that "robot having a chug" in Better Grin) which ordinarily would just sound very silly but seems to work quite well in the context of the song.

If I had the wings of an sparrow, if I had the arse of a crow, I'd fly over Dens Park tomorrow and shite on the bastards below, below.
Shite on, shite on, shite on the bastards below.
SkeletorSerpent
Rocker

« Reply #57 on: November 23, 2008, 09:48:27 AM »

It is the rock anthem of the album. I never question Axl's genius or choices, but why the weird intro? Like everyone else said, this is the balls to the walls, classic kick ass rock anthem of the album. Why didn't he go with a kick ass, riff to open this one? Or, just start right off with the chorus? I guess, in the end, Axl knows best. I'm sure the intro will grow on me and the "big picture" will come together as it grows on me.

Anyway, it will easily be a hit on the rock stations.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #58 on: November 23, 2008, 10:16:58 AM »

I liked the song from first listen.  I found myself singing it all day yesterday.  Lots of people seem to be hating on this song (not in this thread obviously).  To each his own though.  I think it rocks!  Good point too by all those who said this could be a sports anthem.  "Don't you try to stop us now".  It doesn't get much clearer than that.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
prairie
Headliner

www.gnrtv.com - All GNR, all the time.

« Reply #59 on: November 23, 2008, 10:56:40 AM »

The song is genius, I think it's meant to sound like a duet, but with 2 Axl's.  It reminds me of My Michelle with Baz.

prairieboy,

At www.gnrtv.com, it's all GNR videos, all the time.  Plus a few other goodies.

I'm not interested in petty online fights with strangers.  I'm here for fun, if my post has upset you - Sorry.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: