Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 04:30:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227941 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Sorry - the song
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sorry - the song  (Read 74136 times)
wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #440 on: February 27, 2012, 12:30:58 PM »

I seem to recall Axl has been quoted, as saying on stage to an audience around 2008/9, that the song had nothing to with Slash - I think he said this in Mexico?

The marathon show in Osaka (2009?) he says this.

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
sandman
Legend

« Reply #441 on: March 01, 2012, 08:25:45 AM »

That's badass Sandman. That connection with GITR. I like
That. I bet you are right.   That is awesome.

thanks man.  ok

if i ever meet axl (or if there's ever another forum chat) i'll have to ask him. it would be interesting if its true.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
Moonlight J
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #442 on: March 01, 2012, 05:18:57 PM »

I think it's lyric make up is simple, basically because the target for this one, IMHO, are the ears of Mr. Steven Adler.
The inrtro seems like a homage to the beginning of this song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wKyXA_nMVQ, which would also be a good fit for old Popcorn.

Also, Prostitute is Slash's track, I'd guess. I'd also guess the lyrics for that one may be a direct response to the letter that Slash dropped off at Axl's that one time.

14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #443 on: March 01, 2012, 06:34:08 PM »

I think it's lyric make up is simple, basically because the target for this one, IMHO, are the ears of Mr. Steven Adler.
The inrtro seems like a homage to the beginning of this song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wKyXA_nMVQ, which would also be a good fit for old Popcorn.

Also, Prostitute is Slash's track, I'd guess. I'd also guess the lyrics for that one may be a direct response to the letter that Slash dropped off at Axl's that one time.

Sorry is not directly about Steven.  Perhaps in part, but also its directed to the critics, prior management/record company, Slash, even the fans.  Prostitute isn't a direct response to Slash but is really about Axl's response to dealing with the pressure of putting GN'R back together again.

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #444 on: March 02, 2012, 12:36:57 AM »

Sorry is not directly about Steven.  Perhaps in part, but also its directed to the critics, prior management/record company, Slash, even the fans.  Prostitute isn't a direct response to Slash but is really about Axl's response to dealing with the pressure of putting GN'R back together again.

You believe what AXL & GN'R Write For Ex. Gunners Huh Wait...

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
Moonlight J
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #445 on: March 02, 2012, 11:19:24 AM »

:-*Yes, I'm so fucking hilarious! Kiss

The whole album feels like a concept, with the concept being "fighting through shit", and to say that the old tyme members have nothing to do with that is just silly.

Prostitute feels like a letter to Slash to me. If you listen closely at the beginning, you can hear the word Slash, and the coda at the end feels like it could represent a sign off of sorts. I guess it's up to personal interpritation, really.

And I stand by my opinion that Sorry is all about Steven. Just show me one lyric in there that cannot be directly applied to his and Axl's "relationship".
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: