Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 11, 2024, 12:41:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228030 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Administrative
| |-+  Administrative, Feedback & Help
| | |-+  The CD Booklet thread was deleted because?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The CD Booklet thread was deleted because?  (Read 23004 times)
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #40 on: November 27, 2008, 05:34:25 AM »

Why is it always the same people creating and posting in these threads? You all know the answer to these questions.

Yeah, I get it. You want to hear it from the horses mouth.

Well that's not going to happen, obviously. So why not just go back and honor the contract we all signed at one point or another.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
Axlative
Rocker

All Better now!

« Reply #41 on: November 27, 2008, 06:47:30 AM »

Axl once sang "you may not like our integrity". Well, this isn't "a world built out of anarchy" but I sincerely hope there would is some integrity in people to stand up for their actions. You know, to man up and admit the truth. Was it a mistake? Ass kissing? Selling out? A power trip?

Well that's not going to happen, obviously. So why not just go back and honor the contract we all signed at one point or another.

Which contract was that again? I don't recall agreeing to anything of this nature. However, I do try my best to abide by the rules of the board.
The Catcher
VIP

Axl Rose Forever

« Reply #42 on: November 27, 2008, 08:27:01 AM »

We waited for 17 fucking years, and now that it's finally out:

Waah, the booklet has typing errors! crying

Pathetic.

One could argue it's also pathetic to discuss the songs. It makes no fucking difference what so ever. Why not everyone just listen to their long awaited album and shut the fuck up?

But this thread here is about the right to discuss a topic that does not violate the rules of the board. You don't have to comment if you don't think a topic is worth discussing. It's called freedom of choice.

People posting on threads they're not interested in... now that's pathetic!

Are you actually saying that, after all these years, a few typing errors takes away from the experience of finally hearing Chinese Democracy in its entirety? Enough to bitch and moan about it on the internet? And I'm the pathetic one? Jesus Christ man, get a life.

"Ask yourself why I would choose to prostitute myself to live with fortune and shame"

"So they convince you no one can break through"

GN'R 2010!!!
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #43 on: November 27, 2008, 08:54:49 AM »

for instance,
this i love 
"愛? love

It looks like a kid with a hat that has a cigarette in his mouth.

Anyone else see it?

Which contract was that again?

Not our house...sort of Tongue

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
Axlative
Rocker

All Better now!

« Reply #44 on: November 27, 2008, 10:54:15 AM »

Are you actually saying that, after all these years, a few typing errors takes away from the experience of finally hearing Chinese Democracy in its entirety? Enough to bitch and moan about it on the internet? And I'm the pathetic one? Jesus Christ man, get a life.

Please DO NOT put words in my mouth. That is beyond pathetic and lowest forms of debating.

The topic is not "the CD booklet and its mistakes". And even in that deleted thread I never said ANYTHING to that extent. I just wanted to fucking discuss it. Period. And I THOUGHT and still think that I had the right to do so. That is one of the things that is being discussed here now.

The booklet doesn't add or take away anything of relevance when it comes to experiencing CD.

Deleting threads at will, however, takes away A HUGE aspect of being a part of a message board.

Which contract was that again?

Not our house...sort of Tongue

Well I took a look at the house rules and there wasn't anything about it. As I agreed with all the rules I chose to enter. Now that I'm still inside I'm left wondering what the fuck the rules actually are as they sure as hell aren't the ones I agreed to go by.

It's a two-way street. Master(s) of the house are to be respected if you choose to enter, but the guests who respect the master are also to be treated with respect. The only thing I'm after here is who went wrong and where, because it seems a whole bunch of HTGTH members were disrespected big time.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #45 on: November 27, 2008, 10:58:40 AM »

It's a two-way street. Master(s) of the house are to be respected if you choose to enter, but the guests who respect the master are also to be treated with respect. The only thing I'm after here is who went wrong and where, because it seems a whole bunch of HTGTH members were disrespected big time.

Maybe you should start your own fucking GnR board and make your own fucking rules, and see how you feel when people come to your site just to bitch and moan about how you choose to run it.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #46 on: November 27, 2008, 11:16:27 AM »

Once again for those late to the party and our talking out of their ass when they have no idea what this is about:

NO BODY WAS FUCKING BITCHING ABOUT STUPID TYPOS in that thread.

OK?HuhHuhHuh?

I wasnt and most of the people on this forum were NOT.  There were a few but I and others quickly told them "Hey, we got CD, who cares!" and the few who were complaining started changing their tune.

So this isn't a  CD booklet error thread.  Cause I don't care about a few typos.  WE were discussing the booklet in general. The symbols, lyrics, who wrote/played what etc etc etc

It was a positive thread. In ANY thread there will be a few come in and post something negative. That cannot be helped but I don't think its fair that 100 of us can't talk about something we bought due to a few being negative.

How about the mods do what they usually do and just delete the posts of the negative people and leave the rest of us alone to keep discussing what we are excited to finally discuss? Stop raining on our great CD experience with this bullshit.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #47 on: November 27, 2008, 11:16:41 PM »

Axl once sang "you may not like our integrity". Well, this isn't "a world built out of anarchy" but I sincerely hope there would is some integrity in people to stand up for their actions. You know, to man up and admit the truth. Was it a mistake? Ass kissing? Selling out? A power trip?

Which contract was that again? I don't recall agreeing to anything of this nature. However, I do try my best to abide by the rules of the board.

Like society there are rules, and then there are rules. One is written, the other is for each and everyone to find out for themselves. As in society you can't always expect to come out on top just because you followed what you thought was the applicable rule. Sometimes you'll even find yourself punished for something you thought was accepted.

He made a choice for this site some time ago. I don't particularly like that choice, so I took my gn'r business elsewhere. You'll still find me rambling like a mad man in the Jungle, and me being allowed to that is part of the reason why I haven't completely abandoned this place.

If you're concerned about your freedoms and rights I suggest you go take a look at what your Government is doing instead.   

Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #48 on: November 28, 2008, 03:18:44 AM »

Like society there are rules, and then there are rules. One is written, the other is for each and everyone to find out for themselves. As in society you can't always expect to come out on top just because you followed what you thought was the applicable rule. Sometimes you'll even find yourself punished for something you thought was accepted.

He made a choice for this site some time ago. I don't particularly like that choice, so I took my gn'r business elsewhere. You'll still find me rambling like a mad man in the Jungle, and me being allowed to that is part of the reason why I haven't completely abandoned this place.

If you're concerned about your freedoms and rights I suggest you go take a look at what your Government is doing instead.   

He's new around here.
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #49 on: November 28, 2008, 03:36:28 AM »

Oh, in that regard he can consider it a harsh first lesson.  hihi

Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #50 on: November 28, 2008, 03:42:38 AM »

Oh, in that regard he can consider it a harsh first lesson.  hihi

Yeah, it's hilarious when we get all these Che Guevara's around here looking to start an inter-revolution.
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #51 on: November 28, 2008, 05:20:43 AM »

Thats a cool thing about fansites. It's not commodified to fit for everyone.

The individual itself sets the standard, tho I hope Jarmo reconcider the deletions. Is it being deleted out of spite? hihi

You'll still find me rambling like a mad man in the Jungle, and me being allowed to that is part of the reason why I haven't completely abandoned this place.

Well stay, I love the rambling!
« Last Edit: November 29, 2008, 01:17:33 AM by norway » Logged

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
Axlative
Rocker

All Better now!

« Reply #52 on: November 28, 2008, 05:38:11 AM »

Two things. Stars don't mean shit so check the joining date. Second, I'm very well aware of how fucked especially America is when it comes to civil liberties (western world following suit pretty closely though).

To have similar shit happening on a board run by a fellow Finn is something I have hard time wrapping my head around. HTGTH has yet to declare its own Patriot Act, I hope. And new or not, for me this was the first occurrence of this type of crap being pulled without explanation, where the actual disrespect comes into play. I have no problems with very strict policies as they're clearly spelled out or at least somewhat justified afterwards. But disrespecting posters at will? Maybe I just don't want to believe that's the case here and that's why I wanna pursue the issue.

It's so fucking hilarious to have that integrity and expect it from others.

Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #53 on: November 28, 2008, 05:42:34 AM »

Two things. Stars don't mean shit so check the joining date. Second, I'm very well aware of how fucked especially America is when it comes to civil liberties (western world following suit pretty closely though).

To have similar shit happening on a board run by a fellow Finn is something I have hard time wrapping my head around. HTGTH has yet to declare its own Patriot Act, I hope. And new or not, for me this was the first occurrence of this type of crap being pulled without explanation, where the actual disrespect comes into play. I have no problems with very strict policies as they're clearly spelled out or at least somewhat justified afterwards. But disrespecting posters at will? Maybe I just don't want to believe that's the case here and that's why I wanna pursue the issue.

It's so fucking hilarious to have that integrity and expect it from others.

No one is questioning your join date, but you posted like 6 times before all the CD news came out?

You missed the memo, dude.  Arguing isn't going to get you anywhere, ya think no one else has done it before you?  hihi

Enjoy the album and don't let a silly thread about typos get your blood pressure up, life is more important than that.

Axlative
Rocker

All Better now!

« Reply #54 on: November 28, 2008, 06:25:27 AM »

No one is questioning your join date, but you posted like 6 times before all the CD news came out?

You missed the memo, dude.  Arguing isn't going to get you anywhere, ya think no one else has done it before you?  hihi

Enjoy the album and don't let a silly thread about typos get your blood pressure up, life is more important than that.

While it may appear so, I'm not taking this that serious myself (it's just a message board afterall). But I believe this is a serious issue to debate. Hence the interest. And as this isn't a message board for truly important issues anyway ("what's you favorite song?") it's not hard to see why I would be more interested in a topic that actually has some profound implications.

And while I probably didn't post anything for the past year before CD release surely six posts is a little off...

Oh, and I am enjoying the album. Have no fear.  Smiley
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #55 on: November 28, 2008, 12:41:18 PM »

I dig those chinese symbols too. the booklet's very nice.  Cheesy

Cheesy  You're back!
aye! Cheesy

^ I had left the booklet open on my desk turned to that page, and my roommate comes across it and says, hey, isnt that the symbol on Gaara's forehead?  Grin ai!

aye!
 another naruto fan? Grin

why
goodbye
I
eyes
wise
try
love
incide
deny

the symbol looks slightly different than "愛" tho.

for instance,
this i love 
"愛? love

It looks like a kid with a hat that has a cigarette in his mouth.

Anyone else see it?

what?

anyhoo, beautiful artworks!

(edit to add the Gaara image)
« Last Edit: November 28, 2008, 01:51:13 PM by ppbebe » Logged
CaughtMeInaComa
« Reply #56 on: November 28, 2008, 02:41:12 PM »

Let's put things in perspective. You're holding the first GN'R album in years in your hands. And what do you wanna talk about?

Some errors in the fucking booklet.....

For fuck's sake!

/jarmo
Lets put this into perspective. We had the first book from a band member who actually lived through the times (Slash).
but yet you created a 9 page thread about the errors in it. I'd say that makes you look pretty bad, and biased.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2008, 06:23:11 PM by CaughtMeInaComa » Logged
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #57 on: November 28, 2008, 02:57:34 PM »

^

Can't believe u went there! Shocked Shocked

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
CaughtMeInaComa
« Reply #58 on: November 28, 2008, 03:06:38 PM »

Can't believe u went there!

I wasn't the only one to notice.

Its a bit strange that the booklet discussion thread is being deleted given the popularity of this thread:

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=49802.0

Literatory errors once seemed to be a rather prudent discussion topic.
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #59 on: November 28, 2008, 04:34:35 PM »

Don't mention the war!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: