Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 08:37:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227819 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  The BUCKETHEAD Thread-show your gratitude here.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The BUCKETHEAD Thread-show your gratitude here.  (Read 36478 times)
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2008, 12:15:04 PM »

yeah but its Buckethead. Hes just the most annoying guy ever to be hired for a GNR line up.

You've obviously never read a Matt Sorum interview. Tongue
Hes a douche but he was a good drummer for the band and definately looked alot cooler than Buckethead...even with his dodgy roller perm hair  hihi

html sucks
falungong69
Rocker

« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2008, 12:18:30 PM »

axl should consider suing him too, honestly.  i mean, if  bucket didnt' stab axl in his back, then he could have played rio and probably gotten cd out a whole lot sooner.  it may  have even been a bigger hit if it was able to come out around 2002.  so bucket did the same thhing dr. pepper did... he used gnr to publicize himself and all 2,000 albums he recorded that year, then bailed when his axl affliation no longer served his selfish purposes.  he's gone on to sell way more solo records, just like dr. pepper moved sodas... all cause of axl's name and reputation.  but did he show the same concern for axl's product?  nope.  if i was axl's lawyer, buckethead would be near the top of my list of people to sue next.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2008, 12:28:10 PM »

axl should consider suing him too, honestly.  i mean, if  bucket didnt' stab axl in his back, then he could have played rio and probably gotten cd out a whole lot sooner.  it may  have even been a bigger hit if it was able to come out around 2002.  so bucket did the same thhing dr. pepper did... he used gnr to publicize himself and all 2,000 albums he recorded that year, then bailed when his axl affliation no longer served his selfish purposes.  he's gone on to sell way more solo records, just like dr. pepper moved sodas... all cause of axl's name and reputation.  but did he show the same concern for axl's product?  nope.  if i was axl's lawyer, buckethead would be near the top of my list of people to sue next.
Is this a serious comment?

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2008, 12:47:29 PM »

^  or do they actually have a copy of cd?

hihi hihi
"buckethead would like to thank to Axl and the GN'R family for the opportunyty."
Mobenrad
VIP

Free of all these chains

« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2008, 12:56:34 PM »

I wish he never quit. His solos on Sorry and If the World are so incredibly unique.
mikep1310
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2008, 01:16:04 PM »

I really have to say i was never that big of a Buckethead fan, but after hearing him on this album he really changed my mind.
ElNonoPololo
Headliner

Here Today...I guess

« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2008, 01:36:52 PM »

Yeah, everybody uses Axl; it pisses me off.

I mean, Martin Luther King Jr. is now enjoying this huge popularity boost thanks to CD, and where was he when Madagascar was being played live? On stage, rocking out? NOT. He was NOWHERE to be found. 

You're on the suing list, Martin  Angry

Same for that Cool Hand Luke dude. Milkin' Axl since the 90's.

Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!!!
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2008, 01:55:28 PM »

Genius. Get him back

Fav moment- the shred in IRS when Axl screams over him...floored me the first time I heard that

Here today...ready to rock
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2008, 02:15:09 PM »

^  or do they actually have a copy of cd?

hihi hihi
"buckethead would like to thank to Axl and the GN'R family for the opportunyty."

What's up Tank?  peace Buckethead rules, and I think him and Ron would be a great pairing.

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
Chief
Legend

« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2008, 03:28:43 PM »

Buckethead is so amazing.  Very glad that he is all over the CD like i hoped and expected.  There was a time just kills me!

I also hope he is on the next cd, which seems likely since they must have recorded a lot of stuff together over the years!

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2008, 03:43:28 PM »

Bucket has to be one of the most versatile guitarists ever.  He does so many styles incredibly well and has a great sense of melody and taste, his parts always fit the song perfectly regardless of what style he's playing in

Thanks to Bucket for his contributions to GnR, and his amazing solo albums.  He really elevates CD to another level
Dickeye
Someone's always gotta be a dick
Rocker

Sittin' in a Chinese stew...

« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2008, 04:05:43 PM »

<---------- 'Nuff said  ok

....To view my disinfatuation...

13/12/2008 - Hung out with Bumblefoot!
ben9785
« Reply #32 on: November 28, 2008, 05:33:34 PM »

Buckethead co-wrote two of my favourite songs on the album - "Shacklers' and "Scraped".

And his lead guitar work across the board is outstanding.

I'd love to see him return to GNR in the future if there was a position available and everybody was happy with it.

But anyway, he's left his mark on the album all the same, and hopefully on future material also. Thanks Buckethead.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #33 on: November 28, 2008, 05:41:43 PM »

he's not my favourite guitarist all time, but I probably rank him the highest when it comes to skills and playing (but that's not all that matter in rock n roll Tongue)
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #34 on: November 28, 2008, 05:43:30 PM »

I mean, Martin Luther King Jr. is now enjoying this huge popularity boost thanks to CD, and where was he when Madagascar was being played live? On stage, rocking out? NOT. He was NOWHERE to be found. 

Martin Luther King is enjoying a huge popularity boost because of Chinese Democracy?? I hope you're fucking joking. HONESTLY, one of the dumbest things I've ever heard anyone say. I'm not trying to be mean at all, but that's just a really stupid comment.

If this was a sarcastic comment, forgive me for not GETTING it.

Social class and registers, Cocaine in the hall, All the way from California...
spyder8739
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #35 on: November 28, 2008, 05:54:27 PM »

Martin Luther King is enjoying a huge popularity boost because of Chinese Democracy?? I hope you're fucking joking. HONESTLY, one of the dumbest things I've ever heard anyone say. I'm not trying to be mean at all, but that's just a really stupid comment.

I'm pretty sure he was being sarcastic lol.  rofl
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #36 on: November 28, 2008, 06:03:55 PM »

I'm pretty sure he was being sarcastic lol.  rofl

Yeah, let's hope so. Either way, it's not worth arguing about in the Buckethead gratitude thread. So my comments about it are done.

Social class and registers, Cocaine in the hall, All the way from California...
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #37 on: November 28, 2008, 06:20:10 PM »

buckethead is da strait shit. He is GOD of GUITARS headbanger

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #38 on: November 28, 2008, 07:58:33 PM »

Mabye Gnr could work something out,
similar to Paul Tobias, where Axl just gets Bucket for studio sessions, but doesn't need him for the live touring Band...
that would probably work out for everyone, as I'd love to see him on the future gnr albums.

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
spyder8739
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #39 on: November 28, 2008, 08:00:57 PM »

I personally think it would be sick as HELL to have Bucket and Ron for the tour.... Two of the sickest shredders around on the same stage....  drool
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: