Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 08:30:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Administrative
| |-+  Administrative, Feedback & Help
| | |-+  why so many of my posts get deleted?
Pages: 1 2 3 [All] Go Down Print
Author Topic: why so many of my posts get deleted?  (Read 12826 times)
nekomex
Rocker

« on: December 06, 2008, 11:22:27 PM »

in the last 2 weeks, like 3 threads i have started have been deleted, the last one about a cartoon of guns, whats going on? they were not against the rules of the forum, but it looks like if a moderaton just dont like the post he deletes it.  they should be the first ones to follow the rules.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2008, 01:51:18 AM by nekomex » Logged
western_chaos
Rocker

The Adrenaline Runs Through My Veins.

« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2008, 11:30:50 PM »

lol. Maybe you shoulden't start threats anymore then.  hihi

My New Social Network Is Here:

http://writersparadise.ning.com/
*Timothy*
Banned
VIP

Liberated the WANG!!!

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2008, 11:34:59 PM »

threat level has been elevated to defcon five!!!

http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/

Liberating wangs one dong at a time!!!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2008, 12:07:09 AM »

Yeah, I bet I've had 2k posts deleted over the years.

U will get used to it.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2008, 01:02:02 AM »

The management of any website reserve the right to have the website content represent the views they wish.   This is one site where people who always see the glass as half empty don't stay long, and it works well.
SLCPUNK
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2008, 04:40:14 AM »

Yeah, I bet I've had 2k posts deleted over the years.

U will get used to it.

You seem like you're still warming up to the idea

"If you think I am Jmack, you are a moron.  I am his BFFL.  We type nothing alike and I am much younger."
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2008, 11:57:24 AM »

I guess my sarcasm didn't carry over in the statement.

LeftToDecay
VIP

i'd love to pull the wires from the wall

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2008, 01:00:45 PM »

Welcome to HTGTH:)
Don't expect to be able to speak your mind here without getting censored or ridiculed or attacked by mods.

this is what you should fear
you are what you should fear
GeraldFord
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2008, 03:00:33 PM »

Welcome to HTGTH:)
Don't expect to be able to speak your mind here without getting censored or ridiculed or attacked by mods.

Yeah...still my favorite GN'R site though...
TWT
Rocker

GNR's next lead guitarist

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2008, 03:45:21 PM »

I just posted the below in the chart thread with regards to the news that CD has slipped out of the top ten on its second week in the UK chart. I expect it will be deleted again without explanation, because, frankly there is no acceptable explanation. Although the new footnote, which was not in the original message, adds to that probability of deletion, I know.

11? Unlucky for some. Shame as if it had managed to cling on to a top ten position it could have had a positive follow-on effect on next week's sales. As it stands in the UK chart, the album could now be up Shit Creek and Slash has taken the paddle with him as far as the British public at large is concerned.

Footnote. If a mod deletes this harmless post for a second time, you need to read it properly and then reassess your life and get real. Otherwise, you'll have to ban me coz I'm just gonna keep discussing the album's chart trajectory in the UK until you do so. Such a banning could then be swept under the carpet and I'd have to go through the hassle of registering on another GNR forum to discuss GNR topics with GNR fans and introduce myself by explaining that I was banned from HTGTH because I refused to have my right to discuss things in a civil manner denied by abusers of common decency, then I'd ask them if there was any point in discussing things as they really are on that forum, or whether I would have to pretend there too that we're living in a happy world where nothing is ever wrong in the GNR camp and CD is the biggest album off all-time with a 100% score on Metacritic. Thank you.

Then I saw this thread. I challenged them to ban me if that post is not considered acceptable, because, let's be honest, it's just not worth the effort on here for any of us if that's the case, is it? I'm on the verge of being fed up wth these overzealous individuals wasting my time,as well as other well-intentioned folk, but I'd like to see them display some semblance of common courtesy before I go over the edge and end up on MyGNR. Either stop being ridiculous or do the decent thing and change the forum to www.GNRSycophants.com so we can all be clear about just what the massage board now is.
TWT
Rocker

GNR's next lead guitarist

« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2008, 03:51:45 PM »

OK, it's gone again. I've added...

11! Wow, that's great!

...instead.

Which cowardly mod/admin is currently online and the offender of intelligence in question, or are they hidden to hide their shame? I'm starting to wish ill on this great album because of them.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2008, 03:53:32 PM by TWT » Logged
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2008, 04:15:21 PM »

I think all the deletions cause negativity to spread.

I was the happiest GNR fan in the world till all the shit started getting deleted.

It is just ridiculous.

GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2008, 04:37:54 PM »

I think all the deletions cause negativity to spread.
I disagree.  Just check out some of the (IMO) mindless dribble and negativity of the topics being discussed plus the number of topics that are repeated on some of the other fan boards in their main GNR section* and I think you'll get a better appreciation for the way things are handled on HTGTH.

But if the way those other boards handle things are more your cup of tea then why not just post there?

Edited to specify "in their main GNR section" because as I was posting in The Jungle I realized that HTGTH has it's share of mindless dribble threads too!!!  hihi
« Last Edit: December 07, 2008, 04:46:56 PM by GypsySoul » Logged

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
western_chaos
Rocker

The Adrenaline Runs Through My Veins.

« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2008, 05:56:37 PM »

I disagree. I think there are some posts/threads that are good to delete, but a great majority of them they don't need to delete. This place just gets worse every day I think.

My New Social Network Is Here:

http://writersparadise.ning.com/
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2008, 05:58:33 PM »

To clarify

not all deletions are ridiculous but when it is legitimate GNR news or whatever, I don't understand why it should be deleted even if it is negative. That is just reality.

If it is made up gossip/bullshit stuff. Sure delete it.

But deleting anything that remotely puts GNR in a bad light even if it's true for me causes negativity.

Deleting a whole Booklet thread just because a few people bring up insignificant errors causes negativity, not being allowed to say u aren't a fan of a certain song causes negativity.

I said that Better would be in my lower half of the album and I have never been a fan of it and THAT gets deleted.

so I can love 12 songs off an album but if I don't like 2 I'm not allowed to nicely say I really don't like them?

I thought things would be different I guess after CD was released. I thought GNR would be "BACK"

hopefully myself and others are jumping the gun and early next year I would be happy to eat any bad word I've said. I'd love to be proven wrong.

Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2008, 06:06:12 PM »

I said that Better would be in my lower half of the album and I have never been a fan of it and THAT gets deleted.

Seriously? That is quite insane, to be honest.

This is what he'd always known
The promise of something greater beyond the water's final horizon
GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2008, 06:16:52 PM »

I understand that Skeletor is just addressing this one sentence but all of D's posts seem to "go on" a bit so I seriously doubt that it was just because D's not a big fan of Better that his post got deleted.  Tongue

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
CaughtMeInaComa
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2008, 06:37:30 PM »

I can't remember who, but one member has put in their sig. "only 23% of my post get deleted" I thought it was sooo funny.
It really says alot about this place. I just don't start threads here anymore, They're not welcome. Over the years i've learned
to only be an observer and not a participant. The rules here and the mods have really made people feel unwelcome.

It's kinda' like a store or shop where you want buy things, but the
people who work there are so useless and rude, that it just isn't
worth the trouble, so you just stop going there and go somewhere else.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2008, 07:25:11 PM »

I understand that Skeletor is just addressing this one sentence but all of D's posts seem to "go on" a bit so I seriously doubt that it was just because D's not a big fan of Better that his post got deleted.  Tongue

sometimes yes, but not that time.

nekomex
Rocker

« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2008, 02:01:42 AM »

The management of any website reserve the right to have the website content represent the views they wish.   This is one site where people who always see the glass as half empty don't stay long, and it works well.

no, i dont think it works well, of course Jarmo could say its his website so he can do whatever he wants, but i dont think thats the case. i complain because the posts i made are not just to argue, i write to participate and give my opinion, when it was one or two i said "well, maybe it upset someone or something" but a lot of posts get deleted,and i mean the posts that are writen to participate not just to start fights.

if a moderator does not like the post he should not deleted it, it should be deleted if its against the rules of the forum, we are not here to please the moderators, we are here to talk about GNR.

and i started the topic not to fight against the moderators, just to clarify a point, where i think they are been to drastic , and are hurting the site.  peace
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2008, 03:00:24 AM »

no, i dont think it works well, of course Jarmo could say its his website so he can do whatever he wants, but i dont think thats the case. i complain because the posts i made are not just to argue, i write to participate and give my opinion, when it was one or two i said "well, maybe it upset someone or something" but a lot of posts get deleted,and i mean the posts that are writen to participate not just to start fights.

if a moderator does not like the post he should not deleted it, it should be deleted if its against the rules of the forum, we are not here to please the moderators, we are here to talk about GNR.

and i started the topic not to fight against the moderators, just to clarify a point, where i think they are been to drastic , and are hurting the site.  peace

theres quite a few other GnR sites that thrive upon negativity.    HTGTH isn't the only option you have to talk about GnR.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2008, 07:25:10 AM »

How is being honest being negative??

There is a difference being negative for negative sake and for posting an honest heartfelt opinion on something.

jeffaz02t
Opening Act

« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2008, 08:35:58 AM »

theres quite a few other GnR sites that thrive upon negativity.    HTGTH isn't the only option you have to talk about GnR.

You have to understand, to Jim Bob, negativity is a person not having the same opinion of GnR as he does. Jim Bob, the guy who pretends that GnR was founded in 2001. Notice that Jim Bob posts on every thread where the 'old' band is mentioned? It is because he hates the fact that the old line up released 5 albums and changed the world, and the new one released 1 album (albeit a pretty kick ass album) and cannot even promote that one album properly. I am sorry, but it is not negative to wonder who the hell is actually in GnR, it is not negative to wonder why there is no promo going on right now. But, when you run your message board like the Axl Rose Gestapo, things get crazy very quickly... What, did Axl threaten to remove Jarmo's name from the thank you list on CD if he let people engage in free discussion?
GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2008, 10:01:22 AM »

What, did Axl threaten to remove Jarmo's name from the thank you list on CD if he let people engage in free discussion?

Jealousy is such an ugly thing.  It's like a cancer.  It'll eat you up.

Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2008, 11:56:40 AM »

The rules here and the mods have really made people feel unwelcome.

Oh, fuck off.

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2008, 11:56:48 AM »

Only joking.  Smiley

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2008, 01:07:28 PM »

Only joking.  Smiley

hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi

Jim is my favorite mod in the whole wide interweb universe!

jeffaz02t
Opening Act

« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2008, 04:20:44 PM »

What, did Axl threaten to remove Jarmo's name from the thank you list on CD if he let people engage in free discussion?

Jealousy is such an ugly thing.  It's like a cancer.  It'll eat you up.

Ass kissing is also an ugly thing. Between you and Jim Bob, there is plenty of ass kissing to go around!
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2008, 04:39:44 PM »

I just wanna know where my snowblower wen't, haven't gotten mine yet. Hope you read this Axl!

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
SLCPUNK
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2008, 05:12:30 PM »

Ass kissing is also an ugly thing.

Ouch...

"If you think I am Jmack, you are a moron.  I am his BFFL.  We type nothing alike and I am much younger."
TomFriend
VIP

Even the phone...

« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2008, 06:18:49 PM »

I have a severe case of the disappearing posts too, understandably today because I dared to suggest that some fans were disappointed that Axl hasn't done any promotion for the album release.

Let me take this opportunity to apologize if that jolt of insanity shocked any of the board's more sensitive readers.  ok

And there goes the challenger...
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2008, 06:56:31 PM »

How is being honest being negative??

There is a difference being negative for negative sake and for posting an honest heartfelt opinion on something.

Well if your honest opinion is always based on your negative outlook on the band....

"This sucks, that sucks, I hate this, I hate that".

A honest opinion?

Sure, it can be. But it's also just pointless negative whining.

I'm not surprised to see so many of you choosing to focus on the whining aspect.

It's what you do. You find things that you're not content with and focus on them.

It's the same fucking thing over and over with some of you.

They don't tour, it sucks. They tour, it sucks too because they don't cater to YOUR needs.

They don't have a song out, they put one out and it's the "wrong" one.

There's no album, the album comes out and you enjoy it for a minute before starting to find shit that you don't like.

Roll Eyes

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #32 on: December 08, 2008, 07:09:59 PM »

I don't think I have made a negative post here concerning Chinese Democracy. If I have, I am sure the positive ones are 50-1.

Whoever heard of a fan not being allowed to have an opinion?

I don't think CD was a great choice for the first single.  Is that being negative? no it isn't being negative. It isn't saying that CD isn't a great song, it just wasn't a good first single due to the long intro etc.

I don't see how that is being negative when the numbers don't lie.

Same with the other stuff. It isn't being negative saying that the promotion has been less than spectacular. That is just being honest. No one can sit here and say that this album has been promoted the way it should have been.

once again, that isn't being negative at all. It doesn't take away my love of the band or the album, it is just keeping things real and honest.  Now u have CD's sales going to shit, when it should've been one of the highest selling albums of the year. U have slews of people now spreading crazy rumors and now with all sorts of negative firepower.

Saying I prefer "Sorry" or "This I Love" as a single over something else isn't being negative either. It is just giving an opinion which is what the whole basis of message forums was founded on.

When CD came out, nobody was negative. it was amazing all the positivity and just over the top mayhem of excitement. Why has that changed I wonder?

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #33 on: December 08, 2008, 08:05:49 PM »

What I'm saying it, and it went over your head I guess, is that some people FOCUS on the negative.

I'm not saying you can't have an opinion or offer constructive criticism, but when you start focusing on the negatives, something's not right.

This isn't 2005.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
CaughtMeInaComa
« Reply #34 on: December 08, 2008, 09:26:23 PM »

Oh, fuck off.

You're so personable.   Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: December 08, 2008, 09:31:33 PM by CaughtMeInaComa » Logged
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #35 on: December 08, 2008, 09:36:52 PM »

Oh, fuck off.

I figured you'd show up.

/jarmo

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #36 on: December 08, 2008, 09:52:54 PM »

To Clarify though, U are talking about people in general right and not me?

Cause I honestly don't think I've been negative. A tad overzealous maybe, but not negative.

nekomex
Rocker

« Reply #37 on: December 08, 2008, 11:39:31 PM »

What I'm saying it, and it went over your head I guess, is that some people FOCUS on the negative.

I'm not saying you can't have an opinion or offer constructive criticism, but when you start focusing on the negatives, something's not right.

This isn't 2005.

/jarmo

exactly, the question of the post was, why so many posts that are giving an opinion or offering constructive criticism,are just deleted?

i can say that i havent post a negative thing about the new band (and im not saying that the ones posting negative stuff should get their post deleted). thats why its so wierd, it seems they just delete posts with out reason.

CaughtMeInaComa
« Reply #38 on: December 08, 2008, 11:41:15 PM »

Oh, fuck off.

I figured you'd show up.

/jarmo
it was directed at me, so i responded.

I love it when a Mod tell me to fuck off the Quickly posts. J/K!!!  Yeah, Right.  Roll Eyes
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #39 on: December 09, 2008, 11:48:53 AM »

Oh, fuck off.

I figured you'd show up.

/jarmo
it was directed at me, so i responded.

I love it when a Mod tell me to fuck off the Quickly posts. J/K!!!  Yeah, Right.  Roll Eyes

Considering your personal text and signature, I don't think anybody is surprised to see you trolling this thread.

Oh, and to answer all of you wondering why your posts get removed. If we have a topic about something good, and then you post "well, this sucks". Chances are it'll be gone.

It's quite simple.

I'm aware that everything sucks for some of you, but that doesn't mean I will let you ruin every other thread into some kind of bitch fest because you want it to become just that.

There's a few of you who don't seem to like GN'R that much and then complain about us removing your posts.

Maybe if your posts weren't constant whining, bullshit lies or trying to bring everybody else down, they'd stay up.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: December 09, 2008, 11:54:44 AM by jarmo » Logged

TomFriend
VIP

Even the phone...

« Reply #40 on: December 09, 2008, 12:47:12 PM »

If there's an explanation of why someone who hopes to see their favorite band have a music video/be on TV/in concert/in magazines in support of their album is 'negative' or somehow 'a bad fan' and should have their posts removed in there, I must have overlooked it.

Opinions and hopes aren't lies, however unwelcome they are around here.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #41 on: December 09, 2008, 01:18:19 PM »

As I've said, being constructive is one thing, just whining about not getting what you want is something else.

Having ten pages of "they should be on TV" isn't really an interesting discussion....

/jarmo

nekomex
Rocker

« Reply #42 on: December 10, 2008, 01:23:34 AM »

i dont mean to drag this discussion, and i cant talk for other users, because i dont know what they or they dont post.

but as i wrote before, the posts that i wrote were not negative, in fact they were supportive, you can check all my posts and you will see that i have not say negative stuff (only about the promotion,and that one is still there). i know its difficult to discuss one case, but i can only talk for myself, it seems that for 3 posts i made 1 gets deleted, no matter what i said, thats why it seems wierd for me.
TomFriend
VIP

Even the phone...

« Reply #43 on: December 10, 2008, 01:36:22 PM »

There's no real point debating deleted posts. Make it again, it'll get deleted again. May as well just move on.

CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #44 on: December 10, 2008, 04:48:29 PM »

this'll probably get deleted but...

if you don't want your post to be deleted just say "this'll probably get deleted but.." before your stupid post Wink
Pages: 1 2 3 [All] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: