Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 03:00:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227818 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl on Better music video and more
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 79 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl on Better music video and more  (Read 646148 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1440 on: January 22, 2009, 02:07:35 PM »

Axl said there was a video for Better so how is it not being a fan wanting to see a video that HE himself, not Fernando, not joe blow on mygnr or heresay rumor from blabbermouth.............

Axl himself said there would be a Better video so how anyone can try and get mad at someone for wondering when we will get to see it is beyond me.

I think the attitudes are ridiculous in that aspect.

If said Artist never mentions or promises anything then u are right. we are owed absolutely nothing

when that artist tells the fanbase in his own words from his own mouth that something is coming, that then leads to the territory of needing to deliver. not cause they HAVE to, only because you shouldn't say it, unless u are going to do it.

The song is dead at radio anyway so it is a moot point right now anyway.

I say the hell with the better video, start planning a CD relaunch when the BB deal expires and start working on a proper ballad video now.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
bodine
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1441 on: January 22, 2009, 02:17:23 PM »

Axl has the right to do whatever he wants, and if it pisses people off, then they should just stop being fans and let it go.
And right here is an example of dismissing any opposing point of view with a "get on board or fuck off" attitude...

You said it, man!  Get on board or fuck off!  If you don't like it, don't waste your time with it.  I probably wouldn't like every little bit of how Britney Spears runs her shows, but I don't go fucking around on her fan message boards, because they're not for me (or her music).

Edit: Also, regarding your comment about me dismissing any opposing viewpoint, I think you're completely mistaken.  What is this about "opposing viewpoints"?  This is not politics we're talking about here.  If you don't like what the band is doing, then your best course of action is to not be a huge fan of the band! Why is that hard to understand?  Friendly conversation and debate is fine, but if you don't like the band, or it's actions, then stop hanging around on a Gn'R fan board...

Okay, so you're now trying to compare this with the fact that you don't hang out on Britney Spears message boards, whose music you also don't care for.  Nice logic there.  So because I don't like how some things are handled with this band, I should no longer listen to them or discuss them.  That's your solution.  Either be a sycophant, or get lost.  You can go ahead and live by the first option, I choose neither.   Roll Eyes
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1442 on: January 22, 2009, 05:29:52 PM »

Okay, so you're now trying to compare this with the fact that you don't hang out on Britney Spears message boards, whose music you also don't care for.  Nice logic there.  So because I don't like how some things are handled with this band, I should no longer listen to them or discuss them.  That's your solution.  Either be a sycophant, or get lost.  You can go ahead and live by the first option, I choose neither.   Roll Eyes

What you don't seem to get is that constructive criticism is one thing, just bitching is another.

People seem to confuse these two.

Most people just like to bitch and moan without any kind of thinking involved.

When asked to be constructive, they just refuse.

It's like being a car with a guy who keeps saying "are we there yet?" every minute.

After a while, you feel like dropping him off along the road!  Tongue

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1443 on: January 22, 2009, 05:37:05 PM »

I think a big problem on these forums is miscommunication. lots of times, written word doesn't quite get the point across you are trying to make and it can come off as something else.

Like the Tour thread and others, I am sure those threads are intended to be positive supportive threads that are mostly singling out people who go to concerts just to complain or people who just go out of their way to find any nitpicky little thing wrong to bitch about.

That I am behind 1 billion percent.

On message forums though, sometimes things get translated differently and the threads come off like something completely different.

This thread is a great example.

Better has been a single for almost 2 months, it has now stalled on the charts, it is a fact there is a video, Axl said it would be coming out, Lars confirmed he is in it....

I think people want Axl to do well and that comes across like bitching or being negative when those people, and I include myself in that group, just want Axl to get the praise and accolades he deserves but we see our favorite band seemingly self sabotaging a great album.

So maybe we care TOO much about the band, cause I am telling u right now, if I didn't care about the band, I wouldn't give a shit how bad the ball has been dropped on this album.

King Axl
Rocker

4/14/2012. MAKE IT HAPPEN.

« Reply #1444 on: January 22, 2009, 05:41:18 PM »

Axl said there was a video for Better so how is it not being a fan wanting to see a video that HE himself, not Fernando, not joe blow on mygnr or heresay rumor from blabbermouth.............

Axl himself said there would be a Better video so how anyone can try and get mad at someone for wondering when we will get to see it is beyond me.

If said Artist never mentions or promises anything then u are right. we are owed absolutely nothing

when that artist tells the fanbase in his own words from his own mouth that something is coming, that then leads to the territory of needing to deliver. not cause they HAVE to, only because you shouldn't say it, unless u are going to do it.

I say the hell with the better video, start planning a CD relaunch when the BB deal expires and start working on a proper ballad video now.

Yep, I say get to work on making "This I Love" the next official single. It would do so well if radio stations put it on their playlists before Valentine's Day (an otherwise useless "holiday").

"Something, something, something, DARK SIDE. Something, something, something, COMPLETE".
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1445 on: January 22, 2009, 05:49:14 PM »

Yep, I say get to work on making "This I Love" the next official single. It would do so well if radio stations put it on their playlists before Valentine's Day (an otherwise useless "holiday").

Now that is a great idea. This I Love just in time for Valentine's Day. Would be awesome

bodine
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1446 on: January 22, 2009, 10:34:10 PM »

What you don't seem to get is that constructive criticism is one thing, just bitching is another.

People seem to confuse these two.

Most people just like to bitch and moan without any kind of thinking involved.

When asked to be constructive, they just refuse.

It's like being a car with a guy who keeps saying "are we there yet?" every minute.

After a while, you feel like dropping him off along the road!  Tongue

/jarmo

But when we say "release the video" we think of that as constructive criticism, but it's just cast off as bitching!  Why release an album and not do shit?!?!?
Uzi76
Headliner

Despite everything, all is beautiful

« Reply #1447 on: January 23, 2009, 03:51:47 AM »

"Why release an album and not do shit?!?!?"

Who cares?? I am so tired of reading how so many fans are waiting for Axl to do some promotion all the time. Why do you need promotion? Have you never heard of the album yet? Do you not own it yet? Why do you need promotion for?

I am happy the album is finally out and I am still happilly listening to it. It 's like it's never enough for some people. First we were whining for 14 years for the album to come out and now it is finally there we want promotion, videoclips, Axl on the cover of this or that shitty magazine... I don't get it.

Remember in this game we call life that noone said it's fair.
Meanmachine22
Rocker

Trust me it's worth the waiting...

« Reply #1448 on: January 23, 2009, 05:16:13 AM »

A video exists. Why is it not released ?
Why aren't they spinning the wheel ?
Why is Axl shooting in his own foot ?
And more important : Why is he disrespecting the musical legacy & integrity of his band ?

You know what ? I honestly think Axl should show a little more respect to his band. I feel sorry for them. They would deserve to be promoted. But instead we only get silence so that the majority of the world could continue to think that Slash & Duff are still in GNR  ? What is Axl waiting for ? I don't get it.
This band is fucking good. Is he afraid that a video could harm things somehow ? If a single is released to the radio a video is normally send out too,isn't it ?

CD is a tru masterpiece. Bottom line. No doubt. But the way it has been handled by Axl and mangement so far is very disapointing.
If not for himself he should at least do it for his band. It would make it a lot easier for the follow up album .

am i a crying bitch ? Yes hell yeah. Why ? Because i believe that GNR should be top league again. Anything below this is not GNR standard. This band has the format to dominate so they fucking should

Bring on the video

"when i say the time is right..well, than the time is right fuckhead!"
Silverchair
Rocker

« Reply #1449 on: January 23, 2009, 07:55:00 AM »

And more important : Why is he disrespecting the musical legacy & integrity of his band ?

That is your opinion mate. Axl is just being himself. He doesn't cater to you or me. Once you realize that, you'll be happier in life.

You know what ? I honestly think Axl should show a little more respect to his band. I feel sorry for them. They would deserve to be promoted. But instead we only get silence so that the majority of the world could continue to think that Slash & Duff are still in GNR  ? What is Axl waiting for ? I don't get it.
This band is fucking good. Is he afraid that a video could harm things somehow ? If a single is released to the radio a video is normally send out too,isn't it ?

CD is a tru masterpiece. Bottom line. No doubt. But the way it has been handled by Axl and mangement so far is very disapointing.
If not for himself he should at least do it for his band. It would make it a lot easier for the follow up album .

am i a crying bitch ? Yes hell yeah. Why ? Because i believe that GNR should be top league again. Anything below this is not GNR standard. This band has the format to dominate so they fucking should

Bring on the video

The funny thing is that you think you motivate Axl to do anything. Not your whining or what you think you deserve. Not your worthless opinion either. Just like mine... your opinion is worthless. Axl does what he wants and most importantly doesn't do what people expect from him. It is what it is.

If you think CD is such a masterpiece... re-read the lyrics to "Sorry" and "Prostitute"... they should hit close to home.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2009, 08:03:06 AM by Silverchair » Logged

"They don?t make ?em like Vince Neil or Tommy Lee anymore. And there sure hasn?t been another Axl Rose. " via MSNBC- 2008.

"Think For Yourself, Question Authority"

HUMOR = Negative Karma
Uzi76
Headliner

Despite everything, all is beautiful

« Reply #1450 on: January 23, 2009, 08:11:14 AM »

A lot of fans are apparently acting like they 'own' Axl. It's like his succes is their succes too. Everybody wants a piece of the pie. I don't really understand that. Instead of taking their life in their own hands they put it in some else's hands and if that person fails to life up their expectations than he is the one to blame. Maybe it has to do with youth sentiment or so, I don't know.

Just live your life and be happy with CD,  for fucksake !!

Remember in this game we call life that noone said it's fair.
IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

Out of the shadows, into...Hell?

« Reply #1451 on: January 23, 2009, 08:18:33 AM »

It is funny to me that the last however-many pages of what was a great post, have turned into the same old 'Axl lied'/'you're a hater' posts...seems to happen every time Axl gives us any substantial info.   Just like the whole Slash/Axl argument, it is what it is...we will get the video when 'whatever nonsense was going on' has run its course.

Just live your life and be happy with CD,  for fucksake !!
Words of wisdom.  Is a 'video' really going to change your life?

"I have no comment, for the record, but don't quote me on that"
Meanmachine22
Rocker

Trust me it's worth the waiting...

« Reply #1452 on: January 23, 2009, 08:40:08 AM »

That is your opinion mate. Axl is just being himself. He doesn't cater to you or me. Once you realize that, you'll be happier in life.

Bring on the video

The funny thing is that you think you motivate Axl to do anything. Not your whining or what you think you deserve. Not your worthless opinion either. Just like mine... your opinion is worthless. Axl does what he wants and most importantly doesn't do what people expect from him. It is what it is.

If you think CD is such a masterpiece... re-read the lyrics to "Sorry" and "Prostitute"... they should hit close to home.

The keypoint of my worthlesspoint was about the band. They deserve better. I don't need a video to sleep well. CD is enough for me. But it isn't enough for being comercially successful. And that is still a keypoint. Even though Axl doens't give a fuck.
And i don't think i can motivate Axl to do anything. That can not be my motivation. If if was it would only show that i am a desperate stupid fuck . And i really hope i am not  hihi

"when i say the time is right..well, than the time is right fuckhead!"
italysfinest1985
Rocker

Riding on the night train...

« Reply #1453 on: January 23, 2009, 08:43:03 AM »

Bring on the video

The keypoint of my worthlesspoint was about the band. They deserve better. I don't need a video to sleep well. CD is enough for me. But it isn't enough for being comercially successful. And that is still a keypoint. Even though Axl doens't give a fuck.
And i don't think i can motivate Axl to do anything. That can not be my motivation. If if was it would only show that i am a desperate stupid fuck . And i really hope i am not  hihi

How about we all just sit back and wait for the video to be released with excitement?

Guns N Roses Custom Reunion Trailer (Axl & Slash)
https://youtu.be/7NdNrNslYkU
The Prez
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1454 on: January 23, 2009, 10:22:16 AM »

Indeed. It's a pitty how things are going...but as Axl stated 'One nightmare at a time'...

I am convinced the band (and Axl for sure) wants to have things going differently, just like we do...but for some reasons it isn't going like they and we wish.
In the end, it's the music that counts... and therefore we can be proud to be Guns fan! The only 'real deal' out there.

There is a difference between the opinion of the majority and the thruth...
Nicos
Rocker

Locomotive (Complicity)

« Reply #1455 on: January 23, 2009, 10:27:09 AM »

How about we all just sit back and wait for the video to be released with excitement?

Amen! Everyone getting all wind up about this, could try to accept that Guns aren't the quickest of cats at the best of times, then you'll be excited everytime some new stuff sees the light of day.
Silverchair
Rocker

« Reply #1456 on: January 23, 2009, 01:24:54 PM »

Amen! Everyone getting all wind up about this, could try to accept that Guns aren't the quickest of cats at the best of times, then you'll be excited everytime some new stuff sees the light of day.

I think that's what it should be. Honestly... there could be 5 videos, 6 more singles... 3 tours... 87 shirts at the online shop... or this could be the end of GNR and I would still be ok. Disappointed... sure. Axl gave us what is possible. The album. Maybe other things aren't possible.

One thing is for sure... I'm not gonna sit here and demand the world from one man. He is still one man right??? I haven't heard of him dethrowning God at any recent time.

Legal battles and political battles aside... if Axl is happy... I'm happy.  peace

"They don?t make ?em like Vince Neil or Tommy Lee anymore. And there sure hasn?t been another Axl Rose. " via MSNBC- 2008.

"Think For Yourself, Question Authority"

HUMOR = Negative Karma
y2marmar
Headliner

I love the chosen one...

« Reply #1457 on: January 23, 2009, 01:29:55 PM »

^^^ I totally agree. We should be happy with what we've got. We should know by now not to hold our breath waiting for Axl

Jean Claude Jaquatee...because you know who you are...when you're you
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #1458 on: January 27, 2009, 02:09:10 AM »

What I say is that the video will come out and the question is when ?  This album is far from its potential, things didn't go right in the orginal release.  Yes it sucks, but shit happens.  What will happen ? I don't know ? maybe once the tour plans are finalized there will be a re release of some sorts.  Axl said "interviews ect where intentionally scheduled for later on "  may that include the music video.  Let's face it radio is dead ! nobody listens anymore so I think what fits best than anything is a visual product.  When would be the right time to release the vihdeo ?  Super Bowl ? May, June ?  we will find out sooner or later. Until then we will just half to wait and may we be surprised one week with it.

Personally I can't wait to see it ! I think then people other than GnR fan's who visit this board frequently will know Guns N' Roses are back.  Music Video is a very important statement to me personally and I think professionally.  It's a great marketing tool, GnR has done great without it ! just think of what could be when the video hits !

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
Lostrose
Rocker

This here is my hetero-lifemate, Silent Bob.

« Reply #1459 on: January 27, 2009, 02:49:22 AM »

i wonder if Dexter has negative karma on this forum...

I guess, I guess, I guess I never fuckin' learn...
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 79 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: